You are not connected. Please login or register

DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power  - Page 2 Empty Re: DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:47 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Birdman wrote: Didn't get much use out of the lasso.

You talked about "hoping for something like Bayonetta's Kulshedra like throwing enemies into each other and WW's lasso is similar to Nero's grab in that it pulls you toward larger enemies", but the lasso and shield allow for some off-stage wall action that simply is impossible in these other action games.

DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power  - Page 2 Img_3713
DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power  - Page 2 Img_3714
DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power  - Page 2 Img_3810

As far as I know there aren't action games with stages designed around off-stage aerial suspension where you grab 5 enemies at once and dunk them into water while you are perilously hovering over the same water abyss. All I see with other action games is you can bunt enemies off the stage or as you mentioned with Bayonetta grab and throw an enemy but purposely positioning your character off the stage to bait large super aggro enemies off the stage and pulling big groups isn't taking place. You can't unga bunga this for the top prize. This is the hardcore experience where there is no room for error as the clock winds down. A masterclass of design. The water death stage.

DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power  - Page 2 Img_3715

And then... you have the hardcore platforming to the top. A feat that requires adept skill of redirecting not only the camera to face the floating platform to throw your shield at but also moving your character a sizeable distance horizontally AND forward to shield throw -> air dodge to make contact with the shield. All this while coming off a huge vertical bounce. I can't tell you how many times it took me to clear this and I've played well above the average amount of 3D platformers.

And then factor in the phenomena whereby the other reward challenges require a different playstyle. Your whole mind has to now reorient after retrying a shitton of times to accomplish just one of the aforementioned "S-Rank" challenges. And at that point you put the controller down not out of boredom but to mentally recover and reflect on the new task at hard. Or you burnout.

But we have different experience here in that Wonder Woman was definitely my least favorite character. What a shock that the devs would put a level in this game that could completely change my opinion on said character.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum