You are not connected. Please login or register

{Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1{Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3  Empty {Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3 Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:36 pm

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

IP: Dino Crisis.

Game Pitch: Dino Crisis 3 is survival horror like the first Dino Crisis but in space. The third game re-imagined with new features (see below).

Game Features: Oxygen Tank that slowly depletes from 99 units to 0 units. Game is over when 0 units in the Oxygen Tank is reached. 1 unit = ~12 seconds.

Getting attacked or "OHKO'd" by environment elements contributes to losing a select amount of oxygen, no blood.

Oxygen Canisters are found that recover a full 99 units in Oxygen Tank.

new update! 1/17/21: 'Oxygen canisters' are only able to be used once in the spot that they are found and do not go into an inventory.

Request: Asking for a forum member here who has played through Dino Crisis 3 to make comments on and only towards the posted ideas in the OP; please no spoiling how the XBOX game plays out, the enemies encountered, the game scenarios, etc.

Instead of flat-out writing Dino Crisis 3 contains *fill in the blank* post the arising game design conflict or points of interest in a question format: i.e., What would the character do if they had to walk through a long hallway without save rooms. Again, please no spoilers regarding Dino Crisis 3.

Last edited by vert1 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

2{Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3  Empty Re: {Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3 Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:35 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Feels like a lot of changes would need making. Frankly, I'd sooner expect a mulligan on DC1 (not just a faithful remake). Not sure the fans that do exist are enough to carry it.

>air mechanic
Reminds a bit of the (rather easy to contend with) vacuums in Dead Space. Probably going to be a lot more troubling than that (and extremely unappealing for people as with when forced to deal with inventory management, encumbrance, durability, etc.).

3{Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3  Empty Re: {Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3 Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:07 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

The fixed camera doesn't mix well with high speed movement.

4{Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3  Empty Re: {Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3 Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:32 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

GodModeGOD wrote:Feels like a lot of changes would need making.
Normally, I'd have this thread open to every potential change being submitted, but as we all should know: just one change made to a game can radically alter the game. You're free to make a thread like that but it'll be harder to manage, IMO; plus, I am using this thread as a testing ground to see how well a spoiler-freed person + experienced player can make a good idea. I am only aware of and seen footage of the most basic elements of DC3 (there is a jetpack, there are veliciraptors and a T-Rex, looks like 3 people crew, environment is grayish).

[air mechanic] reminds me a bit of the (rather easy to contend with) vacuums in Dead Space. Probably going to be a lot more troubling than that (and extremely unappealing for people as with when forced to deal with inventory management, encumbrance, durability, etc.).
Again, using your knowledge of DC3, and without spoiling what is actually in that game, can you pose these game design conflict areas or points of interests taken in a form of a question? The 'air canisters', for instance, had not been specified on whether they are carryable or non-carryable item. "How will player manage with inventory, encumbrance, durability?" I would answer that the 'air canisters' are only able to be used once in the spot that they are found and do not go into an inventory.

Last edited by vert1 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total

5{Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3  Empty Re: {Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3 Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:51 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>I am only aware of and seen footage of the most basic elements of DC3

Why would you be discussing changing a game you haven't played?

>I am using this thread as a testing ground to see how well a spoiler-freed person + experienced player can make a good idea.

I'm not sure how we can do this without telling you how the game works.

6{Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3  Empty Re: {Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3 Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:18 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Birdman wrote:
Why would you be discussing changing a game you haven't played?
Because I think (1) that method will produce more exciting or creative ideas and (2) I want to produce my own take on the outer space + dinosaur concept without seeing what worked/didn't work in DC3 by Capcom's team.

"I am using this thread as a testing ground to see how well a spoiler-freed person + experienced player can make a good idea."
I'm not sure how we can do this without telling you how the game works.
That's why I requested responses with posed questions for potential issues or points of interest that would occur. Inventory was brought up by GMG; I don't know how the inventory system works in DC3, so I bypassed this potential issue by making the 'air canisters' an item that you cannot hold. I am now interested what questions/issues that can cause to the game's new health system. I am more interested in how the landscape/level structure and enemy encounters would be effected, but since no questions/issues have been posed on what to do on those areas, I don't concern myself with that.

==========
Health/Air
==========

Small Med Pack - 2000; about one block of health

Medium Med Pack - 5000; almost 3

Large Med Pack - 10,000; should fill you up

Small Air Can - 1000; shouldn't need to use one of these

Medium Air Can - 2000; maybe you'll use one all game long

Pulled this up from a GameFaqs guide since I have no interest in Dead Space. Yeah, replenishing air units is going to be a repeated and precious thing.

7{Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3  Empty Re: {Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3 Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:41 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

>knowledge of DC3
What knowledge? I'm just talking general (and of basic understanding of what DC is). It seems fairly clear it isn't going to go far as it was (faithfully). Would be strange to even see it return beyond a basic remaster.

8{Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3  Empty Re: {Game Pitch} Dino Crisis 3 Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:34 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

So you want to come up with your own space dinosaur game?

I get what you're asking but for some reason I can't do it. I can only think of things in DC3 I'd change. Can't really talk without comparison.

But now that I think about it, I can't remember most of the game. No idea how the inventory works.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum