Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Game looks absolutely off the wall! Bonkers to watch the speed at which this game moves now. Very excited tbh! alien

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2New Nioh 2 footage Empty Re: New Nioh 2 footage Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:08 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Hope Nioh 2's coming to PC. It's gonna have a March release in 2020.

It's too bad that they're doubling down on loot, but I think I can live. Seems like it's mostly just more Nioh. I hope button remapping actually works now, and doesn't change EVERY function the moment you map something to something else, since I'd like to be able to map dodge to a shoulder button.

3New Nioh 2 footage Empty Re: New Nioh 2 footage Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:11 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It really seems to be more like a full price expansion pack with lots of asset-reuse, which I'm not fully against and not fully in favour off. Even the interface is fully the same. But we can transform into every foe from the previous game, all DLC weapons are present and some new weapons are added. Generally it is a really fun time.

Note: there's a open beta starting tomorrow, should be good!

4New Nioh 2 footage Empty Re: New Nioh 2 footage Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:31 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Oof. Sadly, no open beta for me, since as I said in one of the God of War threads, I homebrewed my PS4 for Linux. So I can't access PSN. :/

Maybe I could borrow a friend's Playstation.

5New Nioh 2 footage Empty Re: New Nioh 2 footage Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:45 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

What benefits does that have? Linux I mean!

6New Nioh 2 footage Empty Re: New Nioh 2 footage Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:22 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Before I got a gaming PC, I used it for emulation. Not the best idea, in retrospect.

7New Nioh 2 footage Empty Re: New Nioh 2 footage Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:08 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I can understand that! I'm downloading the demo now. I got painting-practice first, I'll dive in afterwards.

8New Nioh 2 footage Empty Re: New Nioh 2 footage Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Finished the Beta. Honestly had a lot of fun with it. My biggest take-away is that it is Nioh, with some added bells and whistles. There are two new weapons, a set of hatchets and a switch-blade which has multiple modes. Nioh 2 still shares some big issues with the previous games. There's an absolute gigantic amount of loot, and the game is still very stat focused. You can do a level-1 run with low gear, but be prepared that gear can make the difference between 10 second stomp and a 5 minute grind at a boss.

All weapons have gotten new moves and they are pretty interesting, complimenting what was already there. Some attacks are still as broken as before like Backwave, Iai, Sign of the Cross - you can very easily gimp the whole game.

What's most interesting is the Yokai Moves. You constantly build meter now which at max has 10 points. You can do three attacks with this, one you can never change. This one is a type of counter, which you can use to counter "dangerous" moves. The other two you can find throughout the game, with these moves you'll take on the form of an enemy and do their signature move.

This is really cool as these can be used as any time, so you can attack until your Ki is dry, and then do the Yokai-Hammer skill for instance. They all also have unique properties, some are high damage, others give debuffs, some are focused on knockdown - tons of cool stuff.

I really feel the game is designed with these in mind, since the game is already quite brutal in the early game. Expecting you to go nuts with these.

The only new mechanics that I see get a lot of hate is Yokai Areas. These are zones where you are gimped. Your Ki regenerates extremely slow in this zone. If all enemies in it are killed, the zone vanishes and these foes do not respawn. Most bosses can also 'trigger' this and it makes for quite the panicked affair. They probably did this to promote Ki-pulse and Sacred Water items more, but it feels a bit of a cheap solution to a problem. Still, interesting.

Over-all a fun experience and I'm looking forward to the full game!

9New Nioh 2 footage Empty Re: New Nioh 2 footage Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:29 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Are you looking forward to all the future nerfs as well?

I played it a little, but just ended up doing exactly what I did in the first game which was grab a spear and poke at max range while wishing I had a bow or gun.

I feel like the enemies are more aggressive and recover faster after being hit. I could barely keep them at range.

10New Nioh 2 footage Empty Re: New Nioh 2 footage Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:00 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

They really want to push players to playing more agressive instead of slowly poking away Dark Souls-style. Nioh 1 already had this in the end-game, but it is really apparant here. OLTO has some good videos showcasing this: https://www.youtube.com/user/123hausu/videos

That said, I'm getting a bit burned out already, mostly due to the extensive gear and skill set. It is just so much busywork to keep you occupied aside from just playing the game.

KAGE also has a good video on the matter by the way:

I really feel that is the way one should play Nioh and Nioh 2.

11New Nioh 2 footage Empty Re: New Nioh 2 footage Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:27 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Can someone just info-dump as much tech, and tips as possible on here? I don't have the demo, but I'd like to see the extent of what's possible already.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum