You are not connected. Please login or register

Yakuza 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yakuza 7 Empty Yakuza 7 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:50 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
https://kotaku.com/yakuza-7-announced-has-jrpg-battles-1837689271

Well. Apparently it is a JRPG now! I'm a bit surprised haha!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:35 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
Very bad news. This is not a spin-off, this is a main Yakuza so they shouldn't have changed its genre.

3Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

Even more surprising, they showed it in April as an April Fools Joke. Probably to gauge interest and prepare. I wouldn't mind this kind of stuff in a spin-off (like Judgment, North Star etc.). But to do it for a new generation of players on the first big named title with a new protagonist titled Yakuza 7 (Yakuza: Like a Dragon in the west), yeah. I don't see it. Brave move, but not one I personally support. Now I really hope they keep Judgment around.

4Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
A-Rank
Well that’s unexpected. I agree with a lot of others saying the series was a little stale but this is quite the change.

5Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:46 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
B-Rank
I'm all for creative people trying new things, so this is very interesting. I'll probably still give this a go as i've really enjoyed the story and characters of the Yakuza games i've played, but this could go badly for Sega. The only turn-based system i've really enjoyed is the one in the Persona series. I'm hoping i'll have finished all of the other games by the time this one is localised.

6Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 am

Birdman

They should do cover shooter and platformer next.

7Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:48 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
B-Rank
@Birdman wrote:They should do cover shooter and platformer next.

Hopefully after those we can have a "Yakuza Drift" arcade racer! They should do it like Outrun 2 but with more gang violence.

8Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:42 am

5does

C-Rank
I wasn't up for Castlevania becoming a GoW ripoff and I still hate how GoW is just a cheap Dark Souls ripoff with TLoU narrative. Even if this game turns out good and I feel like the gameplay can get old over 6 games + spinoffs I'm just not up for it, directors need to keep these massive acid direction changes to spinoffs or brand new IPs.

There's god know how many RPGs out there but next to none brawlers that have a big budget like Yakuza does, I can feel the pain of all the people disgruntled over this change because I've been through this with different IPs so I can relate to them even if I'm not the biggest fan of how Yakuza plays overall.

9Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:38 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
It is mostly that. I'm really up for people trying new stuff, but I dislike them doing that in the safety of an established IP. If Ubisoft wants to make a shooter, go ahead, but don't use the Splinter Cell name. Same here.

With luck Judgment will get sequels with the old style. But I'm even more scared of the following:

The director noted this is just a test, and that if people aren't too happy with it, that Yakuza 8 will have Action Combat again. This worries me even more. Yakuza 7 is the first in a new series with new protagonist, new city, new everything. A lot of people are going to jump on board here, including a lot of JRPG fans (I personally know 5 people alone that are interested now).
Imagine Yakuza 8 hits, they are excited, and it is action again... the series will be in trouble.

10Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:05 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

It looks so weird seeing Yakuza 7's models and animations be used for a Turn Based RPG.

11Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:50 am

Birdman

Anyone scared that this was not a joke?

What is the general opinion on this direction?

12Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:38 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
My theory is, Yakuza has gotten somewhat mainstream lately, at least compared to the ps3 days. Absolutely 0 "game critics" understand, or like the combat. By making it turn based, every brain dead journo can now play the game without frustration, and see the wacky fun stories that appeal to everyone.
Boom, better review scores and they hope, more sales.

Sent from Topic'it App

13Yakuza 7 Empty Re: Yakuza 7 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:06 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
I'm totally against it. Casuals and JRPG fans are their target audience, I'm more disappointed than angry right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]