Royta/Raeng
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

151Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:01 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Don't quite understand.

So wait. Is this true at max power when it one shots everything? But we can't see the difference because its attack power is so high?

Can this still be seen in CE even if it kills them instantly?

You said to max is 65000 times. Is that even if using it on an enemy that gives more points?

I once read a post that claimed it powered up faster on tougher enemies.

152Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:40 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Is this true at max power when it one shots everything?
What? The fact that you deal different damage to different enemies? I'd assume so, if the 3000/3001 example is any indication. Don't have a reason to expect it to behave differently when maxed out. Not that it would particularly matter if only Izanagi can withstand it.

>Can this still be seen in CE even if it kills them instantly?
No, unless the game has a special state for this kind of thing. In GoW, shattering statues with moves that go beyond their statue HP will make the value to drop into negative values. In Okami, the address just gets quickly assigned to something else (which is why at the end of my vid, the value turned into a huge number instead of 0).

>Is that even if using it on an enemy that gives more points? I once read a post that claimed it powered up faster on tougher enemies.
Had no idea about such a thing, but I can tell you that Izanagi is not among such types. Can you think of an example for me to test this on?

153Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:02 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm awful with math.
How would one work out the differences in damage per enemy?

>No, unless the game has a special state for this kind of thing
Any way to give enemies infinite HP?

>Can you think of an example for me to test this on?
I guess just test a few more enemy types, or maybe a boss to see what numbers they give.

Wait, are you getting more attack power on Izanagi than an imp right? Not sure if I'm understanding correctly.
If so, wouldn't it take less than 65000 uses if used only on him to power up?

154Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:16 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>awful at math
No worries. SBK is better than me on this.

>How would one work out the differences in damage per enemy?
Testing the glove on all enemies. Seems like different enemies are more or less resistant than others.

>Any way to give enemies infinite HP?
Yes, checking the box when you bring an address to the bottom field in CE. But that wouldn't help.

>more enemy types
Tested it on one of those robot-like enemies in Kamui, and the igloo-like enemy. +1 exp.

>bosses
Only the ones in the ark remain. Will do so tomorrow or the day after.

>Wait, are you getting more attack power on Izanagi than an imp right? Not sure if I'm understanding correctly.
If so, wouldn't it take less than 65000 uses if used only on him to power up?
Think of it like Izanagi having a lower Defense stat than the imp's. The base attack power you get per experience point is the same across all enemies, but their 'Defense' stat is what alters the final output (in reality it's resistances, since there isn't really a Defense stat, but still). So in reality, what matters are the experience points to reach 65000 in order to max out the glove, not the damage output itself.

In other words, your attack power isn't just flatly increased by 6 or other numbers if you were to use this on Izanagi 3000 times. Issun doesn't deal fixed damage (nor does he gain a fixed amount of power that's applied to all enemies). The final output gets altered by an enemy's resistances (Izanagi's is lower than the imp's). If you do use it on Izanagi 3000 times and deal 18K damage, and then face the imp, you're going to deal 6K damage to said imp because he has higher resists than Izanagi, so the +6 increments wouldn't matter. The experience points (and enemy resistances) do.

Another possibility is that the glove's power is somehow based off an enemy's maximum HP (like Gravity in Final Fantasy), which would explain the higher base attack at 0exp (Izanagi, which is 306) compared to the imp (which is 102). But the proportion isn't quite 1:1.

Honestly can't say what exactly is at play here. If someone had made a formula for it, that would be great. But if there was, you would have been aware of it already (and so would SBK, who is excellent at math, and I doubt he wouldn't have shared this with you).

It could be either:

1. Different enemies take a flat amount of damage at each experience point (doubt so, that would take AGES to code).

2. There is a damage formula, one that uses attack power minus enemy resistances.

2.1 Same as above, but taking into consideration maximum HP (given that the first imp takes 52 damage at 0exp, which is lower than the other imp's *102*, and Izanagi's *306*, but the increments for the green imp are still 2, so even that is doubtful, plus the fact that if at max EXP the move deals 100% or more of an enemy's HP, then Izanagi shouldn't survive it at all to begin with).

So it likely is just the second point.

Last edited by Phoenix Wright on Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total

155Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:17 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Testing the glove on all enemies
So if one enemy has 1000hp and another 10000, it's not the same percentage?

>But that wouldn't help.
Is that because it's not a number?

>Think of it like Izanagi having a lower Defense stat than the imp's
Now I'm wondering if all enemies have this for every possible attack.

>one that uses attack power minus enemy resistances
Is there any way to find out if enemies have stats like this?

Seems CE is about narrowing down the addresses but how would you do that for stuff like this?

156Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:58 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>same percentage
Nope. The first green imp takes 52 damage, and the lategame imp 102, and they have 650HP and 7000HP, respectively. Both take increments of 2, but as you can see, the base damage (52) that the green imp takes is not proportioned in the same way as the lategame imp does.

First imp: 8% damage of max HP (at base).
Lategame imp: ~1.45% of max HP (at base).
Izanagi: ~0.05% of max HP (at base).

So it's definitely not HP based. The proportions simply aren't 1:1, like I said.

>not a number
We simply can't get an accurate reading like this. One of these things can happen:

1. The HP wouldn't budge, and we wouldn't be able to get the damage value.

2. The HP goes to 0 on the frame the attack connects, but goes back up again on the next frame to keep the imp alive (again, even if we could pause at the correct frame, we couldn't say just how much HP we have dealt beyond his total).

3. The imp dies on the frame the attack connects, but the game will reassign the address to something else on the next frame, so the imp's HP won't get refilled if the HP is strong enough to kill it in one hit, and won't be able to revive or even keep standing.

>Now I'm wondering if all enemies have this for every possible attack.
SBK just noted that Kamiya's way of doing things involves giving things resists and weaknesses, which explains Izanagi taking triple the damage of the lategame imp. I'm guessing you can confirm this yourself, given that you're more familiar with his games than I am.

>Is there any way to find out if enemies have stats like this?
There likely is, but that would be beyond my datamining ability (if you can call it that). Addresses with formulas in them isn't as simple to find as an HP address. Mostly because they're static, and they can't be represented in a simple numerical way. I believe one must interpret it by looking at an array of bytes, which I can't do yet. Else, I'd be able to dig even deeper and look for damage formulas, and anything else that requires a more advanced level of datamining.

>Seems CE is about narrowing down the addresses but how would you do that for stuff like this?
It's not as simple. Instead of just getting one, five, or a dozen of values to look to, you'd likely have to probe a LOT of addresses one by one, taking a notable amount of time examining each of them.

157Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:17 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>SBK just noted that
Have you shown him this data?

>Kamiya's way of doing things involves giving things resists and weaknesses, which explains Izanagi taking triple the damage of the lategame imp. I'm guessing you can confirm this yourself, given that you're more familiar with his games than I am.
Not really. Not with this kind of stuff. If it's obvious onscreen sure, but the Thief Glove stuff is nothing I would've ever guessed.

What if you gave an imp a huge amount of HP?

At the least it looks like weapon damage and HP values aren't too difficult. That's a ton of info right there. Seems like only Thief Glove is weird.

Are there tools other than CE that could help?

Once I get a PC I'll learn how to do all this shit. Started watching tutorials.

158Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:58 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Have you shown him this data?
Just enough to give him an idea of what's the math being used for Thief's Glove (and he reached the same conclusion as me). Just wanted the input of someone who's more into math related stuff than me.

>Not really. Not with this kind of stuff. If it's obvious onscreen sure, but the Thief Glove stuff is nothing I would've ever guessed.
Understandable, but I more meant knowing that stuff like RE2 and DMC1 have resists/weaknesses, and then getting some sense of familiarity when you see and compare the damage values (after knowing them) between the imps and Izanagi.

>What if you gave an imp a huge amount of HP?
Would need to check. In GoW, hitting enemies with something would make the excess HP vanish (if something has 10HP and you give them 100, and you hit them with a 24DMG attack, their HP would revert back to 10).

>weapon damage and HP values aren't too difficult.
Their implementation is likely more complex than GoW's (given that literally everything takes the same amount of damage if they're hit with a weapon, while Okami seems to have resists and weaknesses in play).

>Seems like only Thief Glove is weird.
At least the most difficult thing to figure out about it (besides the math used for the damage calculation) was already found out (the exp cap was found). All I need to find now is of any enemy or boss boosts the exp gained by more than 1.

>Are there tools other than CE that could help?
Dedicated tools for specific games, but one would have to build those, and there likely isn't one for Okami. Unless Okami has a PC port (such things are easier to datamine if you know what you're doing).

>learn
Would help a whole lot to get everything needed for all the games you want to test, yes.

159Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:38 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Understandable, but I more meant knowing that stuff like RE2 and DMC1 have resists/weaknesses
Yes. This kind of stuff is fairly obvious after playing a while.

>and then getting some sense of familiarity when you see and compare the damage values (after knowing them) between the imps and Izanagi.
Problem in this case is building Issun's attack power is quite slow and you don't really notice until much later. For me, I never considered resists because there's no sign of them. If an enemy took less damage you'd assume it was due to being a stronger enemy encountered as you progressed. And then by the time you reach Izanagi attack power would likely be high enough to kill any imp anyway.

>exp cap
Knowing exactly how many use required is huge. I feel like a great secret has been revealed. It's amazing.

Maybe we don't need to know exactly how much it does to each enemy because no matter what we'll always one shot them except Izanagi.

>Unless Okami has a PC port
It does.

EDIT: Just remembered Issun doesn't enter the Ark.

160Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:53 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>For me, I never considered resists because there's no sign of them. If an enemy took less damage you'd assume it was due to being a stronger enemy encountered as you progressed. And then by the time you reach Izanagi attack power would likely be high enough to kill any imp anyway.
Yes, makes sense. But I guess that will change once you see a chart or even a list of things with all the values. From there, we could say which things resist which attacks, and by how much.

>Maybe we don't need to know exactly how much it does to each enemy because no matter what we'll always one shot them except Izanagi.
The closest would be pointing out how much exp you need to one shot each enemy.

>Okami does have a PC port
And Mustard Race hasn't datamined the game? Oof.

>Just remembered Issun doesn't enter the Ark.
Oh. Yes, I completely forgot. So I have no saves with any boss near me.

I'll just test all the enemies in the devil gates and get back to you. Shouldn't take long.

161Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:24 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Got some time to play. Completed the Kamui Devil Gate. Everything increases the exp by 1.

Not sure if this will lead anywhere. One thing I didn't mention is that Issun doesn't get experience by hitting an enemy. He does so by the mere act of using him. So if there's a decent distance between Amaterasu and the enemy, you can notice (in CE) that Issun gets exp before he even lands a hit. Which is to say, I don't think enemies affect this.

Furthermore, if sufficiently grouped, you can hit 2 enemies with 1 use of the glove. The result? +1 experience.

I'm still going to try the rest of the gates, but I'm confident that I know where this is going to end.

On a side note, you can use Issun on defeated enemies, and you will still gain experience.

162Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:32 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>the mere act of using him
That explains why it works on scrolls. Should be the case with enemies that can't be hurt at certain points like Bud Ogres or blocking enemies.

>you can hit 2 enemies with 1 use of the glove. The result? +1 experience.
That definitely confirms it's just the use of it then.

>you can use Issun on defeated enemies, and you will still gain experience.
Had this happen accidentally when aiming at an enemy behind the dying one.

Very interesting stuff.

I just remembered something. When sending Issun out I think you can link him to multiple enemies like you can with elemental sources. But he only attacks the last in the link. No idea why this is even a thing.

163Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:26 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Should be the case with enemies that can't be hurt at certain points like Bud Ogres or blocking enemies.
Yes, that's exactly the case. You get +1 experience even if you do 0 damage. As long as Issun comes out, he'll get the experience.

>When sending Issun out I think you can link him to multiple enemies like you can with elemental sources. But he only attacks the last in the link.
Yeah, I've seen that happen a couple of times. This doesn't affect the experience gained, as you'd expect.

----------------------

Well, I'm done with the gates. +1 exp for everything. I even tried using items of all kinds (even the ones that chance Amaterasu's appearance), but to no avail. Still get +1 exp. I even tried drawing a thicker line. Nothing.

So we're either missing something, or that comment was mistaken and we always get +1 exp, no matter what.

Also, I tried what you suggested. Gave an enemy more HP (beyond their total). This doesn't make their HP revert back to their original value upon getting hit, this is their new, real, HP. Did this on that lategame imp (gave him Izanagi's HP). The imp takes 130.100 damage when maxed out. Which checks out if we consider the +2 increments from earlier (against that imp), since (100) + (65000 x 2) = 130.100. 100 is the theoretical base (we start out at 102 instead of 100, but in the table I provided earlier, you can see that Izanagi takes 390.300 damage instead of 390.306, so this is the correct math), and 65.000 is multiplied by 2 because those are the increments against the imp (Izanagi's would be 6, as we already discussed).

Which confirms what I said earlier that if the Imp had Izanagi's HP, you'd actually deal less damage to the imp compared to Izanagi himself, because the Imp's resists are higher.

So there's no need to know how much damage you deal at max against every single enemy. All you need to know is the base damage against a specific enemy, and the increments. From there, you can calculate exactly how much damage you'll deal at max without the need to actually test it out yourself.

164Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:37 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I wonder why the devil gave each enemy resistances to Thief Glove? Doesn't seem to be any point.
Do you know if it's absolutely every enemy? Wondering if it's by enemy type. Like if the first line of imps have the same defense.

Is this the case for normal attacks?

Ok, let's look at takeaway.

>any usage counts, whether it does damage or not
>65000 uses required to max out (enemy type is irrelevant)
>while it does different damage per enemy it's irrelevant as it will soon overkill them anyway (outside of Izanagi)

165Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:00 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Tested the Kamui gate again.

Every single enemy:

- Blade Namahage (the 7000HP imp I've been using as an example, who now has 35.000HP)

- Umbrella Namahage (35.000HP)

- Igloo Turtle (50.000HP)

- Bull Charger (150.000HP)

- Clay Drummer (45.000HP)

- Clay Samurai (45.000HP)

- Clay Shogun (70.000HP)

- Dogu (75.000HP)

- Great Tengu (125.000HP)

- Waka v1 (200.000HP)

- Evil Rao v1 (225.000HP)

- Waka v2 (240.000HP)

- Evil Rao v2 (270.000HP)

- Izanagi (600.000HP)

Takes 2.100 damage from Thunder Edge's first attack (upgraded, uncharged, no 'same weapon type' boost, no Steel Fist Sake), and 18.306 from Issun (at 3.000exp *same as Izanagi*). The only exceptions are Clay Drummers (when half their body is underground, otherwise they take normal damage) and Dogu, both of whom take 693 (Thunder Edge) and 6040 (3.000exp Issun) damage.

It seems like it depends on the area. I already noted how the very first green imp takes 52 damage, while the Blade Namahage takes 102 damage (in Kamui), and then every single monster in the last devil gate (except for Dogu) takes 306 damage (all of this is at 0exp), so it may not be resists so much as a different type of scaling depending on the area.

166Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:08 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

So for documenting weapon damage would it be best to do so in the Devil Gates? Don't think there's any difference between them other than HP.

167Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:16 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Probably, given that the first imp takes the same amount of damage (2100). But the red bird like enemy (the one shown in the video) takes 1500 damage from it when using Galestorm to leave it vulnerable (devil gate version might work the same way, I more mean how the damage values don't seem to be universal across all enemies where Glaives are concerned *or even special armor states*). So there may be select few exceptions here and there. As I said, to be perfectly accurate, one must test the whole game. See how we went from resists to scaling? That's why one must get the whole picture first.

168Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:00 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Can you test one more thing?

Compare a green imp vs devil gate green imp. Doesn't matter which weapon I guess.

If they take the same, then isn't it safe to say all devil gate enemies will be the same as their normal versions?

169Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:54 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Yes, they do. You may be right and there would be no need to test everything. Still have my doubts, but I have almost no reason to believe otherwise at this point.

--------------------------------------

I went a step further ahead and got more values for documenting purposes. Here are the HP values of every single enemy in the Gates:

- 1st gate:

1. Green Imp: 3.250HP.

2. Red Imp: 4.000HP.

3. Yellow Imp: 7.000HP.

4. Dead Fish: 10.000HP.

5. Bud Ogre: 10.500HP.

6. Blue Imp: 11.500HP.

7. Crow Tengu: 9.000HP.

8. Chimera: 14.000HP.

9. Black Imp: 15.000HP.

10. Fire Eye: 28.000HP.

11. Ice Mouth: 28.000HP.

---------------

2nd Gate:

1. Headless Guardian: 20.000HP.

2. Bell Guardian: 20.000HP.

3. Earth Nose: 28.000HP.

4. Thunder Ear: 28.000HP.

5. Ubume: 15.000HP.

6. Jiro: 15.000HP.

7. Saburo: 5.000HP.

8. Ichiro: 20.000HP.

9. Wind Doom Mirror: 35.000HP.

10. Ice Doom Mirror: 42.000HP.

11. Halo Guardian: 30.000HP.

12. Poltergeist: 50.000HP.

13. Blue Cyclops: 37.500HP.

14. Tube Fox: 50.000HP.

15. Red Ogre: 75.000HP.

16. Blue Ogre: 75.000HP.

--------------------------

You already know about the final gate enemies. Also, Saburo takes reduced damage to stuff. You may think he has just as much HP as Jiro, but no, it's actually resists. Also, Chimera takes 2.310 damage from Thunder Edge (in contrast to pretty much the rest of the enemies who all take 2.100 damage with an upgraded Thunder Edge, except Saburo and Dogu).

170Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:02 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Bud Ogre takes a certain amount damage before it opens. Does this 'shield' have its own HP?

171Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:58 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Nothing that I can find, so if it has this, it's not a normal HP value. Issun is also at a point where he should be opening it with a single strike, but the enemy just flinches.

Attack power does seem to make a difference though. First reflector takes a couple of hits to open it, strongest Glaive does so with one slash.

172Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:57 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah exactly. The stronger you are the faster it opens. I can open it with my Thief Glove or charged Glaive in one hit.

173Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:09 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Nevermind. With some extensive research and some magic, I was able to find the address. The 'shield' has 1.275HP.

Not sure if you're familiar with overflow/underflow, but this is why it was difficult to find. And not sure if your glove is maxed, but mine is, and the more powerful Issun is, the more likely you're going to cause an HP underflow, causing you to actually heal the shield even past the original HP value. Two upgraded Infinity Mirror attacks (with no other reflector as a sub, the first two attacks deal 1095 damage) is all it takes to bring him down, but by having max power Issun attack it, you need like a dozen or more attacks from this reflector to open it up for actual damage.

Note: If you want, I can give you damage values for two more things. Reflectors and Glaives. But these values will be for their upgraded (Gold Dust) versions, as I have no save file with nothing upgraded. Also, no Rosaries, because it is, quite honestly, too much of a pain to get their values.

174Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:55 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Not sure if you're familiar with overflow/underflow
Never heard of them.

>but by having max power Issun attack it, you need like a dozen or more attacks from this reflector to open it up for actual damage.
Confused by this part.

What is happening? You attack with max power Issun and it doesn't open? or do you mean attacking with max power Issun does open it, but CAUSES you to need to do more damage with the Reflector on the core?

>damage values
Yeah I'll take whatever you have. Will save me some trouble later.

>rosary difficulty
I considered that with all those shots. Do you know if they do different damage per shot though?

175Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:00 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>You attack with max power Issun and it doesn't open?
Yes.

>or do you mean attacking with max power Issun does open it, but CAUSES you to need to do more damage with the Reflector on the core?
No, I can't open the shield, because of the reasons I stated above. Well, to be honest, I don't perfectly get overflow/underflow myself, but these are the only reasons why a 300.000+ damage attack would heal the 'shield' past the full HP value. It lines up perfectly with other cases where this happens.

In short, the shield's HP is a 2-byte value instead of a 4-byte one (also another reason why I was unable to find the address at first), and 2-byte addresses can't store nearly as large numbers as 4-byte addresses can. So this causes an odd interaction between the two where either Issun's damage is turned into a negative value capable of healing something past their original HP, or a bit more complex explanation that I'm not sure if I'd be able to explain well enough for you to understand.

The HP value of the core is a separate matter, so what happens to the shield does not affect the core at all.

>Yeah I'll take whatever you have. Will save me some trouble later.
Alright. Give me some time to complete the full list.

>Do you know if they do different damage per shot though?
Yes. Maybe not for every single shot, but I know for a fact that every single hit doesn't deal the same damage.

I tried to take the easy way. Get the first value of the first shot (52), and multiply it by how many times I've hit an enemy (hitcounter helps). If the result lined up with the amount of HP the enemy lost, then every shot does the same damage. But it did not line up. The enemy took more damage. I even tried leaving out the finisher (somewhere at 30 hits), but it didn't line up either.

176Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:47 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm sure I open Bud Ogres instantly with Issun.

Does it have to be exactly max attack power or really high? I one-shot everything except Izanagi.

177Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:25 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

What version are you playing? Addresses (and the bytes they're assigned) don't always  work the same way in ports vs the original. Case in point, underflow glitch in FFVII doesn't work on PS1, but it works on PS4.

To answer your question, no, you don't need to have MAX'd Issun in order for this to happen. I've had it happen with 40.000~ exp Issun.

Try this the next time you play. Use Steel Fist Sake and have a Glaive in your Sub. Equip Thunder Edge as the main. Charge the third Glaive attack to the max (the other hits aren't strong enough). Make sure the shield has max health (either don't hit it at all or open it up, and then wait until it recovers). If the shield opens up, this doesn't work on PS4. If you're playing on PS2... I have no idea what to tell you, other than it probably being a weird emulator only quirk (which is very unlikely). Perhaps make sure that you're hitting it with the third charged strike next time, by observing that you don't accidentally reset the string and are charging the wrong strike. Oh, and obviously, make sure you're fighting a Devil Gate Bud Ogre.

178Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:32 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Playing HD version in PS4.

Devil Gate version took 3 hits with Issun to open.

And 2 fully charged third Thunder Glaive hits (with Steel Fist Sake and same weapon bonus).

A single uncharged Thunder Glaive first hit will open it. But if you use Issun first, it takes three Thunder Glaive hits. So yeah it looks like we give it HP

Bizarre. So this is considered a glitch?

Wait a minute. Why did it open after Issun's third attack?
Because we'd given it as much HP as his damage output meaning the next attacks were not overflowing and thus were able to take down the shield?

Also, both fire spells will open it instantly. You'll need the Solar Flare Reflector to use the fire source one.
I don't know if this is a damage thing or special effect (fire vs plant).

179Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:31 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>HD version
Ah, so the glitch indeed works in this version. Nice to know.

>a glitch
Yeah. The most notorious case of this is FFVII's damage overflow (used to one-shot Emerald Weapon with a physical, a feat that's impossible to achieve with ANY offense short of instant death via Slots).

>why is this happening
As I said, I don't fully know the inner workings of this glitch, so I'm not really capable of providing an accurate explanation. At least not one that won't leave you confused. The closest I can say on the matter is... if an attack is strong enough to go above the upper limit of (insert an address with an assigned amount of bytes), it will enter the 'healing zone'. However, with each subsequent attack, it will eventually be able to reach a point where the opponent will take normal damage instead of negative damage (or in our terms, healing). The shield can never really reach hundreds of thousands of HP owed to an upper cap. So what's the resulting HP? That's where my knowledge ends, unfortunately.

>damage or special effect
The latter. Bud Ogre is just hardcoded to have this reaction to Fire. The shield's HP is completely untouched. So you can consider this as some sort of 'instant kill' for the shield (a way to kill something without bringing their HP to 0).

Anyway, I'm finished with testing for values. As I said, only Reflectors and Glaives will be covered (but not their unupgraded versions, as I do not have a save for this situation). Hope this can be of use to you. Also excuse the formatting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Upgraded)

1. Reflectors

1st reflector:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 194
--- 2nd hit: 194
--- 3rd hit: 194
--- 4th hit: 324
--- 5th hit: 259

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 240
--- 2nd hit: 240
--- 3rt hit: 240

- Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 1299

2nd reflector:

--- 1st hit: 300
--- 2nd hit: 300
--- 3rd hit: 300
--- 4th hit: 500
--- 5th hit: 400

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 370
--- 2nd hit: 370
--- 3rt hit: 370

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 2000

3rd reflector:

--- 1st hit: 480
--- 2nd hit: 480
--- 3rd hit: 480
--- 4th hit: 800
--- 5th hit: 640

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 592
--- 2nd hit: 592
--- 3rt hit: 592

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 3200

4th reflector:

--- 1st hit: 1095
--- 2nd hit: 1095
--- 3rd hit: 1095
--- 4th hit: 1825
--- 5th hit: 1460

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 1350
--- 2nd hit: 1350
--- 3rt hit: 1350

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 7300

5th reflector:

--- 1st hit: 2309
--- 2nd hit: 2309
--- 3rd hit: 2309
--- 4th hit: 3849
--- 5th hit: 3079

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 2848
--- 2nd hit: 2848
--- 3rt hit: 2848

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 15399

2. Glaives

1st Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 389

------ 1st charge level: 1169

------ 2nd charge level: 1949

--- 2nd hit: 389

--- 3rd hit: 584

------ 1st charge level: 1754

------ 2nd charge level: 2924

--- 4th hit: 389

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 64/324 (if not used at point blank), 324/324 (if used at point blank).

------ 1st charge level: 194/974 (non-point blank), 974/974 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 324/1624 (non-point blank), 1624/1624 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 259

------ 1st charge level: 1039

------ 2nd charge level: 1559

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 389

2nd Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 569

------ 1st charge level: 1709

------ 2nd charge level: 2847

--- 2nd hit: 569

--- 3rd hit: 854

------ 1st charge level: 2564

------ 2nd charge level: 4274

--- 4th hit: 569

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 96/474 (non-point blank), 474/474 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 284/1424 (non-point blank),  1424/1424 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 474/2374 (non-point blank),
2374/2374 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 664

------ 1st charge level: 2659

------ 2nd charge level: 3989

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 569

3rd Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 839

------ 1st charge level: 2519

------ 2nd charge level: 4199

--- 2nd hit: 839

--- 3rd hit: 1259

------ 1st charge level: 3779

------ 2nd charge level: 6299

--- 4th hit: 839

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 139/699 (non-point blank), 699/699 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 419/2099 (non-point blank), 2099/2099 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 699/3499 (non-point blank), 3499/3499 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 559

------ 1st charge level: 2239

------ 2nd charge level: 3359

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 839

4th Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 1440

------ 1st charge level: 4320

------ 2nd charge level: 7200

--- 2nd hit: 1440

--- 3rd hit: 2160

------ 1st charge level: 6480

------ 2nd charge level: 10800

--- 4th hit: 1440

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 240/1200 (non-point blank), 1200/1200 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 720/3600 (non-point blank), 3600/3600 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 1200/6000 (non-point blank), 6000/6000 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1680

------ 1st charge level: 6720

------ 2nd charge level: 10080

- Air, Sub:

5th Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 2100

------ 1st charge level: 6300

------ 2nd charge level: 10500

--- 2nd hit: 2100

--- 3rd hit: 3150

------ 1st charge level: 9450

------ 2nd charge level: 15750

--- 4th hit: 2100

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 350/1750 (non-point blank), 1750/1750 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 1050/5250 (non-point blank), 5250/5250 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 1750/8750 (non-point blank), 8750/8750 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1400

------ 1st charge level: 5600

------ 2nd charge level: 8400

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 2100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Upgraded, 'same weapon type on both slots' boost)

1. Reflectors

1st reflector:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 292
--- 2nd hit: 292
--- 3rd hit: 292
--- 4th hit: 487
--- 5th hit: 389

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 360
--- 2nd hit: 360
--- 3rt hit: 360

- Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 1949

2nd reflector:

--- 1st hit: 450
--- 2nd hit: 450
--- 3rd hit: 450
--- 4th hit: 750
--- 5th hit: 600

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 555
--- 2nd hit: 555
--- 3rt hit: 555

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 3000

3rd reflector:

--- 1st hit: 720
--- 2nd hit: 720
--- 3rd hit: 720
--- 4th hit: 1200
--- 5th hit: 960

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 888
--- 2nd hit: 888
--- 3rt hit: 888

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 4800

4th reflector:

--- 1st hit: 1642
--- 2nd hit: 1642
--- 3rd hit: 1642
--- 4th hit: 2737
--- 5th hit: 2190

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 2025
--- 2nd hit: 2025
--- 3rt hit: 2025

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 10950

5th reflector:

--- 1st hit: 3464
--- 2nd hit: 3464
--- 3rd hit: 3464
--- 4th hit: 5774
--- 5th hit: 4619

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 4273
--- 2nd hit: 4273
--- 3rt hit: 4273

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 23099

2. Glaives

1st Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 428

------ 1st charge level: 1286

------ 2nd charge level: 2144

--- 2nd hit: 428

--- 3rd hit: 643

------ 1st charge level: 1930

------ 2nd charge level: 3217

--- 4th hit: 428

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 71/357 (if not used at point blank), 357/357 (if used at point blank).

------ 1st charge level: 214/1072 (non-point blank), 1072/1072 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 357/1787 (non-point blank), 1787/1787 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 285

------ 1st charge level: 1143

------ 2nd charge level: 1715

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 428

2nd Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 626

------ 1st charge level: 1880

------ 2nd charge level: 3134

--- 2nd hit: 626

--- 3rd hit: 854

------ 1st charge level: 2564

------ 2nd charge level: 4274

--- 4th hit: 626

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 104/522 (non-point blank), 522/522 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 313/1567 (non-point blank),  1567/1567 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 522/2612 (non-point blank),
2612/2612 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 731

------ 1st charge level: 2925

------ 2nd charge level: 4388

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 626

3rd Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 923

------ 1st charge level: 2771

------ 2nd charge level: 4618

--- 2nd hit: 923

--- 3rd hit: 1385

------ 1st charge level: 4157

------ 2nd charge level: 6929

--- 4th hit: 923

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 153/769 (non-point blank), 769/769 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 461/2309 (non-point blank), 2309/2309 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 769/3849 (non-point blank), 3849/3849 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 615

------ 1st charge level: 2463

------ 2nd charge level: 3695

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 923

4th Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 1584

------ 1st charge level: 4752

------ 2nd charge level: 7920

--- 2nd hit: 1584

--- 3rd hit: 2160

------ 1st charge level: 6480

------ 2nd charge level: 10800

--- 4th hit: 1584

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 264/1320 (non-point blank), 1320/1320 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 792/3960 (non-point blank), 3960/3960 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 1320/6600 (non-point blank), 6600/6600 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1848

------ 1st charge level: 7392

------ 2nd charge level: 11088

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1584

5th Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 2310

------ 1st charge level: 6930

------ 2nd charge level: 11550

--- 2nd hit: 2310

--- 3rd hit: 3465

------ 1st charge level: 10395

------ 2nd charge level: 17325

--- 4th hit: 2310

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 385/1925 (non-point blank), 1925/1925 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 1155/5775 (non-point blank), 5775/5775 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 1925/9625 (non-point blank), 9625/9625 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1540

------ 1st charge level: 6160

------ 2nd charge level: 9240

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 2310

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Upgraded, Steel Fist Sake)

1. Reflectors

1st reflector:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 388
--- 2nd hit: 388
--- 3rd hit: 388
--- 4th hit: 648
--- 5th hit: 518

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 480
--- 2nd hit: 480
--- 3rt hit: 480

- Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 2598

2nd reflector:

--- 1st hit: 600
--- 2nd hit: 600
--- 3rd hit: 600
--- 4th hit: 1000
--- 5th hit: 800

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 740
--- 2nd hit: 740
--- 3rt hit: 740

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 4000

3rd reflector:

--- 1st hit: 960
--- 2nd hit: 960
--- 3rd hit: 960
--- 4th hit: 1600
--- 5th hit: 1280

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 1184
--- 2nd hit: 1184
--- 3rt hit: 1184

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 6400

4th reflector:

--- 1st hit: 2190
--- 2nd hit: 2190
--- 3rd hit: 2190
--- 4th hit: 3650
--- 5th hit: 2920

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 2700
--- 2nd hit: 2700
--- 3rt hit: 2700

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 14600

5th reflector:

--- 1st hit: 4618
--- 2nd hit: 4618
--- 3rd hit: 4618
--- 4th hit: 7698
--- 5th hit: 6158

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 5696
--- 2nd hit: 5696
--- 3rt hit: 5696

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 30798

[b]2. Glaives[/b]

1st Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 778

------ 1st charge level: 2338

------ 2nd charge level: 3898

--- 2nd hit: 778

--- 3rd hit: 1168

------ 1st charge level: 3508

------ 2nd charge level: 5848

--- 4th hit: 778

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 128/648 (if not used at point blank), 648/648 (if used at point blank).

------ 1st charge level: 388/1948 (non-point blank), 1948/1948 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 648/3248 (non-point blank), 3248/3248 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 518

------ 1st charge level: 2078

------ 2nd charge level: 3118

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 778

2nd Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 1138

------ 1st charge level: 3418

------ 2nd charge level: 5698

--- 2nd hit: 1138

--- 3rd hit: 1708

------ 2nd charge level: 8548

--- 4th hit: 1138

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 188/948 (non-point blank), 948/948 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 568/2848 (non-point blank),  2848/2848 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 948/4748 (non-point blank),
4748/4748 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1328

------ 1st charge level: 2659

------ 2nd charge level: 3989

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1138

------ 1st charge level: 5318

------ 2nd charge level: 7978

3rd Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 1678

------ 1st charge level: 5038

------ 2nd charge level: 8398

--- 2nd hit: 1678

--- 3rd hit: 2518

------ 1st charge level: 7558

------ 2nd charge level: 12598

--- 4th hit: 1678

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 278/1398 (non-point blank), 1398/1398 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 838/4198 (non-point blank), 4198/4198 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 1398/6998 (non-point blank), 6998/6998 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1118

------ 1st charge level: 4478

------ 2nd charge level: 6718

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1678

4th Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 2880

------ 1st charge level: 8640

------ 2nd charge level: 14400

--- 2nd hit: 2880

--- 3rd hit: 4320

------ 1st charge level: 12960

------ 2nd charge level: 21600

--- 4th hit: 2880

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 480/2400 (non-point blank), 2400/2400 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 1440/7200 (non-point blank), 7200/7200 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 2400/12000 (non-point blank), 12000/12000 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1680

------ 1st charge level: 13440

------ 2nd charge level: 20160

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 2880

5th Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 4200

------ 1st charge level: 12600

------ 2nd charge level: 21000

--- 2nd hit: 4200

--- 3rd hit: 6300

------ 1st charge level: 18900

------ 2nd charge level: 31500

--- 4th hit: 4200

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 700/3500 (non-point blank), 3500/3500 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 2100/10500 (non-point blank), 10500/10500 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 700/17500 (non-point blank), 17500/17500 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1400

------ 1st charge level: 12000

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 4200

------ 2nd charge level: 16800

(Upgraded, 'same weapon type on both slots' boost, Steel Fist Sake)

1. Reflectors

1st reflector:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 584
--- 2nd hit: 584
--- 3rd hit: 584
--- 4th hit: 974
--- 5th hit: 778

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 720
--- 2nd hit: 720
--- 3rt hit: 720

- Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 3898

2nd reflector:

--- 1st hit: 900
--- 2nd hit: 900
--- 3rd hit: 900
--- 4th hit: 1500
--- 5th hit: 1200

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 1110
--- 2nd hit: 1110
--- 3rt hit: 1110

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 6000

3rd reflector:

--- 2nd hit: 1440
--- 3rd hit: 1440
--- 4th hit: 2400
--- 5th hit: 1920

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 1776
--- 2nd hit: 1776
--- 3rt hit: 1776

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 9600

4th reflector:

--- 1st hit: 3284
--- 2nd hit: 3284
--- 3rd hit: 3284
--- 4th hit: 5474
--- 5th hit: 4380

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 4050
--- 2nd hit: 4050
--- 3rt hit: 4050

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 21900

5th reflector:

--- 1st hit: 6928
--- 2nd hit: 6928
--- 3rd hit: 6928
--- 4th hit: 11548
--- 5th hit: 9238

Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 8546
--- 2nd hit: 8546
--- 3rt hit: 8546

Ground, Sub:

--- Izuna Drop: 46198

2. Glaives

1st Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 856

------ 1st charge level: 2572

------ 2nd charge level: 4288

--- 2nd hit: 856

--- 3rd hit: 1286

------ 1st charge level: 3860

------ 2nd charge level: 6434

--- 4th hit: 856

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 152/714 (if not used at point blank), 714/714 (if used at point blank).

------ 1st charge level: 428/2144 (non-point blank), 2144/2144 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 714/3574 (non-point blank), 3574/3574 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 570

------ 1st charge level: 2286

------ 2nd charge level: 3430

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 856

2nd Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 1252

------ 1st charge level: 3760

------ 2nd charge level: 6268

--- 2nd hit: 1252

--- 3rd hit: 1880

------ 1st charge level: 5642

------ 2nd charge level: 9404

--- 4th hit: 1252

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 208/1044 (non-point blank), 1044/1044 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 626/3134 (non-point blank),  3134/3134 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 1044/5224 (non-point blank),
5224/5224 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1462

------ 1st charge level: 5850

------ 2nd charge level: 8776

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1252

3rd Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 1846

------ 1st charge level: 5542

------ 2nd charge level: 9238

--- 2nd hit: 1846

--- 3rd hit: 2770

------ 1st charge level: 8314

------ 2nd charge level: 13858

--- 4th hit: 1846

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 306/1538 (non-point blank), 1538/1538 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 922/4618 (non-point blank), 4618/4618 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 1538/7698 (non-point blank), 7698/7698 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1230

------ 1st charge level: 4926

------ 2nd charge level: 7390

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 1846

4th Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 3168

------ 1st charge level: 9504

------ 2nd charge level: 15840

--- 2nd hit: 3168

--- 3rd hit: 4752

------ 1st charge level: 14256

------ 2nd charge level: 23760

--- 4th hit: 3168

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 528/2640 (non-point blank), 2640/2640 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 1584/7920 (non-point blank), 7920/7920 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 2640/13200 (non-point blank), 13200/13200 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 3696

------ 1st charge level: 14784

------ 2nd charge level: 22176

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 3168

5th Glaive:

- Ground, Main:

--- 1st hit: 4620

------ 1st charge level: 13860

------ 2nd charge level: 23100

--- 2nd hit: 4620

--- 3rd hit: 6930

------ 1st charge level: 20790

------ 2nd charge level: 34650

--- 4th hit: 4620

- Air, Main:

--- 1st hit: 770/3850 (non-point blank), 3850/3850 (point blank)

------ 1st charge level: 2310/11550 (non-point blank), 11550/11550 (point blank)

------ 2nd charge level: 3850/19250 (non-point blank), 19250/19250 (point blank)

- Ground, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 3080

------ 1st charge level: 12320

------ 2nd charge level: 18480

- Air, Sub:

--- 1st hit: 4620

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all, folks!" - A Looney Tunes character

180Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:53 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Thanks. Will make things easier for me later.

Going to watch some tutorials on CE.

181Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:00 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Happy to be of some help.

182Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:51 pm

GN1

B-Rank

I started the game and got to Tsuta Ruins, I saved right after Blockhead.

Even as early as I am I love the game despite the slow start (which I'm fine with but will probably hamper replays), I enjoy the enemy interactions a lot and the game makes great usage of the drawing mechanics. Waka was a really fun boss fight.

I also love how each weapon can be used as either a main or sub weapon and have different attributes depending on your choice.

I've also started Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V-Rated and having a blast with it as well, Clover Studio were so good.

183Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:05 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I found the game very fun, but at one point just lost interest and went on to something else which...never really happened to me before. Got to the Waka boss, beat him, did some exploring and just...forgot about it. Should return to it one day.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

184Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:26 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Where is your house?

185Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:05 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Birdman, I'm genuinely surprised that you haven't brought up the fact that you beat Ninja Gaiden... so it's Roy's turn to finish Okami at the very least.

186Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:46 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

And NG2. Bought a Series S just for that and Black.

187Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:25 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

He is still like 20 games behind..and hasnt even played them on masterninja

188Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:13 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Ninja Gaiden Black Master Ninja coming soon.

But wait. 20?

189Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:56 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I played, on your recommendation:
Zone of the Enders 1 and 2
Haunting Ground
Knack and Knack 2
Okami
Viewtiful Joe (eons ago)
Bujingai Blade (I think that was you)
Chaos Legion
The Evil Within
The Evil Within DLC
The Evil Within 2

You played, upon my recommendation
NGB
NGII

You got some catching up to do brother

190Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:30 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Ah but did you FINISH them?

You can add GoW 1, 2 and 3 to that list.

I did try NG3 RE but didn't like. I loved NG1. Getting Black soon.

What else?

191Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:41 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I finished all of them, except Okami and Knack 1 (got about 3/4ths but dumped it for K2).

My only recommendation is NGII on Master Ninja, been waiting for years. I've got other recommendations in the future but this one takes priority.

192Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:11 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Roy: >20 games behind
That's me. And you're likely falling short, still.

Oh yeah, GN1. Glad you're having fun with this. Do keep playing. The game gets much better. Try to experiment with all sorts of things on different enemy types.

Birdman: >what else
Astral Chain?

193Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:06 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

No, Astral Chain we both played seperately from one-another, he liked it because of Chaos Legion, me because of Platinum.

194Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:35 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>I've got other recommendations in the future
Gimme now.

>NG2 on Master Ninja
Didn't like NG2 enough to want you replay it. I'll definitely do it on Black once I've played through.

>Astral Chain
I have it. Took me a while to get into and didn't like it at first. I find it decent now. Still need to unlock those combat missions.

195Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:12 am

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>Didn't like NG2 enough to want you replay it
Because you haven't subscribed to the Church of the Kusarigama.

196Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:19 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm a member of the Lunar Staff Church. Begone you sick cultist.

197Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:20 am

GN1

B-Rank

@Phoenix Wright Yeah I'm trying to use all the brush powers on enemies to see how they react to them and also trying to see if enemies have any specific weak points from your normal square combo like attacking them from behind or something.

BTW I also recently played The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, I loved the overarching story and mystery and how all the cases were connected to each other.

198Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:22 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think we need to accept that ZoE2 and TEW were the exceptions of us liking each other's games hahaha

199Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:44 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Raeng: Is NG:B's Master Ninja not as interesting?

Birdman: >recommendations
You know about the only one I can give you (FFV:A). The rest, you have already played.

GN1: Glad to hear. You'll be surprised at how many reactions you can find. It's honestly insane.

>Great Ace Attorney
Ironically, I have never played those. Will need to, one day. And if the power outages keep up as they have been, it'll be a nice way to pass off time, at the very least. It'll also give me an excuse to actually touch my 3DS.

200Okami - Page 4 Empty Re: Okami Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:09 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

Birdman
>member of the Church of the Worst Weapon
Join the Tonfa Cult or the Kusari Church, you won't be disappointed.

Wright
>Ace Attorney
I always found strange how you're very much a gameplay-first guy but have the username/propic from a VN/graphic adventure series.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum