You are not connected. Please login or register

Genji: Dawn of the Samurai

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:08 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Hi, everyone ! I've just subscribed to this forum. I was lurking for a while so I know this is a good place to discuss about action titles, even the ones which are less known. I'm not an expert of the genre by any means but I wish to dive deeper into it and become a better player.

Yesterday I started this title, it is very good so far. Nice bosses, themes and atmosphere. There are two characters you can use: Yoshitsune, a very agile young man with dual katanas; Benkei, a powerful tank that uses heavy weapons with charged attacks. I don't know if there are some hidden techs, in any case I'd like to read your opinions on this action game Very Happy

2Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:09 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I've heard so much about this game, saw the name pop past multiple times and I think I even tried the demo of a PS3 version once (though I could be wrong). A quick youtube snags me some good footage, looks really classic. Got any good footage to watch? : )

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:22 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

4Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:58 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:I've heard so much about this game, saw the name pop past multiple times and I think I even tried the demo of a PS3 version once (though I could be wrong). A quick youtube snags me some good footage, looks really classic. Got any good footage to watch? : )

Yeah, there's a Genji on PS3 which should be the sequel. I've beaten other two bosses (it's full of bosses this game haha) and it's very classic but it works. Not too fancy stuff, only some combos that are functional but I'm enjoying it. Jump and dodge roll have both effectiveness as evasive moves. I don't like very much that the game auto-levels up the character when you have enough exp, at least at normal mode, but I've read that in hard mode it's not possible. There are some little rpg elements, you can buy or find different weapons (same moveset but different attack power), equip talismans with elemental defense or regen, armor, etc.
I haven't bought anything except some healing herbs and I have no problems, damage values are fine and you find better gear in the levels.

5Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I was always skeptical when I saw this game every time I see it. The PS3 one is titled Genji: Days Of The Blade.

6Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:38 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Yeah in hard mode you stay at level 1 but get tons more amahagane. You choose if you want to use them though.

Hard also locks you out of equipment outside of a few weak weapons.

The combo strings are basic but there's a somewhat hidden system. I have a guide but it's unfinished. Might look at posting what I have this weekend in the tactical forum.

7Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:37 am

RedShot

B-Rank

Birdman wrote:Yeah in hard mode you stay at level 1 but get tons more amahagane. You choose if you want to use them though.

Hard also locks you out of equipment outside of a few weak weapons.

The combo strings are basic but there's a somewhat hidden system. I have a guide but it's unfinished. Might look at posting what I have this weekend in the tactical forum.
Nice, I'd really like to learn more about this game. Now I'm near the end of normal mode, but I'll definitely play the hard one.

8Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:22 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Just finished normal mode. Wow that last boss was very interesting to fight, this is a very good game.

9Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:55 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I've got a text file of my combat mechanics guide ready to go for both characters. Did a quick read and I'm pretty sure it's all correct. It mainly focuses on attacking. There's a lot of other stuff to add.

I haven't had time to write all the other stuff like how the Mind's Eye and Kamui work, differences between Yoshitsune and Benkei, like guarding and dodging, the combo rating. After that it starts to become arcane nonsense.

Should be able to post this weekend as it's simply a matter of copying and pasting, but I do want to lay it out nicely.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

10Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:47 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yoshitsune's section is up. Will add Benkei soon.

11Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:50 am

RedShot

B-Rank

You did a very good job, thank you! Just out of curiosity, have you played the ps3 sequel? Is it worth it?

12Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:00 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

A little.

Something felt off about it. The camera is awful, and I rarely blame the camera.

Overall, I can't say for sure if it will be worth it for you. I never felt an urge to go back to it. Just didn't feel solid like the first game. It's pretty cheap now though.

13Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:25 am

RedShot

B-Rank

Birdman wrote:A little.

Something felt off about it. The camera is awful, and I rarely blame the camera.

Overall, I can't say for sure if it will be worth it for you. I never felt an urge to go back to it. Just didn't feel solid like the first game. It's pretty cheap now though.
Got it, I'll give priority to other titles.

14Genji: Dawn of the Samurai  Empty Re: Genji: Dawn of the Samurai Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:50 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Added some Benkei stuff.

There's a lot more to say on other mechanics but my notes aren't complete and some stuff I can't remember and needs to be tested.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum