You are not connected. Please login or register

Haunting Ground costumes in SFV!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Empty Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:14 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Never thought I'd see such a thing. They've given Cammy Fiona's normal and cowgirl costumes. A sign they haven't forgotten HG. Could a sequel/remaster in the works?

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/enough-with-these-cheeky-street-fighter-5-costumes-capcom-just-re-release-haunting-ground

2Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Empty Re: Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:45 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Capcom is really harkening back to their old titles more and more, I think the renewed interest in Resident Evil propper and Devil May Cry propper show them there is money to be made.

That said, Viewtiful Joe also got a costume a while back. And that series is still deader than dead.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Empty Re: Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

This made my day when I saw it. I really hope they're planning on re-releasing this game. HG is so underrated. It definitely has its fair share of annoyances... but if you can get past that it's a really cool game. It's also one of the best looking PS2 games.

4Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Empty Re: Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:46 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I remember when I saw it on TV at the time in one of those tv-review shows I was blown away. Like RE4 looked good...but this looked insane. God I miss that show, the only thing I can still find on it is the logo:

Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Gqlogo10

5Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Empty Re: Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:27 pm

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Never heard of GameQuest. The only gaming show on TV was G4 for me. Good ole Adam and Morgan. I started watching G4 around the time when the channel showed 95% Cops reruns, 10% Games lol

Anyway, Haunting Ground really is gorgeous. The environments are all really varied and detailed too; no two rooms look the same.

6Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Empty Re: Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:50 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

One of my most replayed games. I can boot it up any time and start over, and it's a fantastic game for speedrunning.

It's got all your favorite unlockables Roy. Hard mode, costumes (for Fiona AND Hewie, and they have different abilities), ranking, mini-game where you play as Hewie, endings based on your actions.

Can be a little difficult when you first start and a lot of people complained because they couldn't deal with stalkers, which have an element of randomness to their appearances. I gained much power from their tears.

What can happen is, you can be constantly assaulted to the point that you can't even progress. Fiona can't take some actions when being chased. She can't use keys or other key items, or command Hewie to do stuff involving them or stuff like getting him to sit on switches because he goes into battle mode.

She can only run, command Hewie to attack, attack by her pitiful self, or open and close doors.

Once you know how stuff works it's all good. I can run through the entire game without being touched and can pretty much manipulate the stalkers to my will.

Roy, have you played it or did you only see it on TV? If you haven't, do it. Not a request.

Last edited by Birdman on Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total

7Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Empty Re: Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Like Birdman said, on subsequent playthroughs the game is much less frustrating. That first playthrough can be a bit of a slog at times, but I think the game has enough cool shit in it to see it through to the end. Then if you do a replay you'll hardly encounter the big baddies.

8Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Empty Re: Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:59 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah, it actually is quite hard at first.

I can still remember my first time playing it. The game doesn't explain exactly how to deal with these near invincible enemies or how to avoid them.

Just running at any time can draw them, as can kicking objects like vases (they have items), kicking open doors or calling Hewie. It tells you about hiding places, but not that you can hide in non-designated places like behind doors or crouching behind something.

While walking, your footfalls are supposed to be silent, but within a certain range the enemy can still hear them. These details are not apparent when first playing. It wasn't until like a year later I found that when Fiona crouches, she slightly steps back and that makes the sound of a footstep. I got caught behind a door because of this.

This is why new players get frustrated, because they'll be trying to progress not realizing they're hitting every trigger to summon the enemy.

Last edited by Birdman on Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total

9Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Empty Re: Haunting Ground costumes in SFV! Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:08 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I saw the "illegal in some states" costume haha, classic early 2000's Capcom. God I miss the way that company used to be. I always forgot about this title, but I'm going to get into it eventually don't worry. Its on the list. I'm pretty sure I'll adore it.

One quote stuck out for me: Some critics highlighted Haunting Ground's sexual themes surrounding the objectification of Fiona as one of its best elements.

How times have changed...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum