You are not connected. Please login or register

Capcom Registers Domains for DMC5 and RE2

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Capcom Registers Domains for DMC5 and RE2 Empty Capcom Registers Domains for DMC5 and RE2 Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

Very exciting stuff! Looks like we may very well see the return of Dante in a week! And we'll finally find out what direction Capcom is taking REmake 2 in. I don't want to fully believe anything until I've seen it with my own eyes, but my hype for a new DMC is off the charts right now! If it's not real I'll be completely inconsolable for a few years haha.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/devil-may-cry-5-domain-registered-resident-evil-2-domain-updated-more.46625/

[danteeee]

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

So are you hoping for anything in particular to change for the series?

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I saw this too, but it might very well just be the company in charge of these IP's buying them for future reference so they can re-sell them. Also, DMC never had its own full site or even redirect. Sorry if I'm being really skeptical, but I just don't want to get my hopes up too much (especially since this would mean REmake2 really is getting close...)

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Birdman
All I want is a completed game like DMC3, instead of the half-finished DMC4. If we got a DMC5 with only slight combat changes from 4, I wouldn't mind in the least. So put simply, I just want DMC3 part 2 in terms of quality, with the upgraded combat of 4, and I want to play as Dante the whole campaign this time. Nero and the others can be unlockables for replay value. I would also like to think that they would include a training mode this time around...

Roy
I mean Capcom has redirects to DmC and DMC4SE sites on their main website. Sure, they take you to a separate page on the Capcom website itself, but they are still full websites and that doesn't mean DMC5 can't follow the route of Monster Hunter and RE7 with them having a fully fledged site for the game. It also seems pretty odd that RE2 and DMC5 would have new domains made just weeks before E3, if Capcom wasn't going to use them. We know for sure that REmake 2 is in development, so this domain has to be for that, and even if Itsuno's new game wasn't DMC5, then wouldn't you think Capcom would have bought a domain for whatever that game is? Capcom also bought domains for DMC 6,8, and 9, which seems to be them taking measures to ensure a future for the series if DMC5 is a hit. I definitely understand the skepticism, but I just don't care to doubt it anymore at this point. I haven't been this excited for a game announcement in years, and if my excitement gets me burnt, I get burnt Twisted Evil . It's not like it hasn't happened several times before haha. I guess we'll know soon enough!

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

All I want is a completed game like DMC3

Yes, this. Action games in the 2000's tend to be very unfinished. Ninja Gaiden 2, DMC1, DMC2, DMC4, KiD, MGR:R, Vanquish etc; all rushed out the door either too short or with bugs or other problems. I really want another fully fledged action title with exploration, hidden orb caches, not a lot of backtracking, new and interesting enemies, remixed higher settings, DMD getting a good stern look on how they want to handle it.

In terms of hype. I have learned from Metroid Prime 4. Every year on my birthday (15th of june), I would sit behind my computer instead of celebrating, hoping to catch Nintendo's e3 conference. Hoping. Praying, for Metroid Prime 4. Last year I had given up. I lost my mind. It happened. So this year I am convinced, it won't happen. No new DMC. That way, it can only be good ^^

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

A training mode is a must.

Better yet a full debug mode like what Nier A has.

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Roy
It's such a tragedy how many action games were inches away from greatness, but all got brought down by development problems. When you think about it, this genre is very tough to be a fan of. Very few releases each year, with most of the all-time greats being heavily flawed. But I guess at the end of the day, flaws are what makes life so interesting! I just wish there were less of them sometimes (looking at you NG2+DMC4)

Hopefully either Bayonetta 3 is a masterpiece, DMC5 is real (and amazing), and NG4 returns to greatness. It would be great to see an action game renaissance. Speaking of DMD, I have to be honest, I hate how Capcom does it. They do a great job with the difficulties until you get to DMD where everything takes ages to kill. Maybe I'm just not good enough to enjoy it, but I think the difficulty right below DMD in all the games always ends up being the most fun. DMC1's version isn't that bad, except for the bosses, but DMC3's is annoying as hell. For me, the glass cannon approach is the best way to do difficulty. If you play KH2FM on critical, you're actually significantly more powered up than you would be on any other difficulty, beginner mode included. But the trade-off is that you die if you're not watching yourself, especially at Level 1, where any crutches you had in terms of certain fallback abilities don't exist. I just find DMC's enemy health boost boring as hell. If you ask me, DMD would be better if you just died in 2 hits or something, with the damage you do to enemies remaining the same as the other difficulties.

Hype
Haha well in that case I'll try and raise my skepticism levels by a little bit if it means the odds of DMC5 being real increase. I always end up bummed out when I'm hoping for something at E3 too. Here's hoping this year turns out to be different.

Birdman
Yeah I can't believe classic DMC has never had a training mode before. Such a strange oversight. I think on PC you can have a trainer, which pretty much does what Nier's Debug mode does, but even there you still have to download a mod.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

About DMD-mode, it is pretty neat what they do but you really need to have it explained better. Enemies, when DT'd, just get higher resistance to stagger and a ton more HP. You can avoid Devil Trigger by not killing enemies (instead you get everyone to low HP), some fights are on a timer. Once you know how to play around it it adds a great extra layer of strategy, but at worst it makes you face tanks after tanks after tanks.

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Yeah I know the enemies are on a timer, it's just that if you don't make it to one enemy before they DT then you're stuck hitting it for a good 15 to 20 seconds straight. Even on DMC1 the DT wasn't THAT much of a health boost. I doubt they'll change it at this point but it would be nice to see the difficulty go through a slight revision.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The timer is very fight dependent though, most are based around how many enemies are killed, which you can influence.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Short update: it's official. The domain has been hooked up to Capcom's own dedicated server. So either they are doing some preparation just incase for the future (this does happen, since people tend to mass buy domains to hold them randsom to companies, and companies try to beat them to it) or this really means we're getting DMCV. I'm betting on the latter.

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Yep I saw that too! Although this was also posted afterwards, which means we may be jumping the gun a little too soon:

No it isn't, those are related to https://t.co/h9wsp0E3Gg. They are not Capcom servers. They just happen to be using the same whois privacy protection service. It'd be like saying every godaddy hosted site is owned by the same company.Maverick (@Maverick00_) June 7, 2018

Having said that the domain is still most likely Capcom's, and even without all this domain talk, I think there's enough evidence pointing towards a DMC5 reveal soon enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum