Super Hot

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Super Hot Empty Super Hot Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:22 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users

So it's a first person shooter with dodge-able projectiles. It's on PC and PS4, I got this yesterday and have beaten it about 4 times.
You get an endless challenge mode which is 8 maps, other challenge versions of the campaign mode like katana only or punches and hotswap only. It's set perpetually in slomo, but time speeds up depending on how fast you move. It's pretty much a fps hotline Miami.

2Super Hot Empty Re: Super Hot Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:26 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Normally I don't touch first person games if they are just shooters. Stuff like this is really interesting though. A few other notable first person games I like are Mirror's Edge, Echo Night, and Breakdown.

I've watched a few videos of Super Hot before and it looks amazing. I can imagine a highly skilled player pulling of stuff that would make even Dante jealous. Too bad it looks like the kind of thing that can only be played properly on PC.

3Super Hot Empty Re: Super Hot Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:11 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I have the PS4(its on sale now for about £12) version it's fine on a PS4 pad, time moves more when you look around so you have to be very thoughtful just turning, also one challenge mode called fullstop has time completely freeze when you are still, but makes bullets much faster. It's very odd as it's very slow but it's still quite fast and intense, it's an odd slow/fast run n gun of sorts. It's all about leading your shots so it's not very twitchy with its aiming.

Also a tip is if a bullet is close to your side, you can turn to the direction of the bullet to avoid it.
Jumping is more effective as it gives you greater range of movement to position and dodge, you can hold the jump button to remain in slomo, which is useful for some secrets that require platforming.

I'm a fan of telegraphed dodge able attacks in any game I play, something most modern fps suffer from is pure hit scan weapons for all enemies, which can often become tedious on higher modes. Doom 4 notably has dodge-able attacks. It's nice to see an fps subvert such a prevalent trope that only limits creative enemy design in fps. Glad you've taken interest I thought you'd like it.

4Super Hot Empty Re: Super Hot Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:07 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

This is pretty crazy.

5Super Hot Empty Re: Super Hot Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:20 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Bunnyhop your way to victory, super useful tactic. I've done nearly all the challenge modes, some change the look of the game, like one looks like the 2013 demo of superhot and another has red and black as the background colour and white for all the goons. Also I really appreciate the extra secrets you can collect if you leave the main level area, you can find surreal architecture and a red terminal that gives you some lore.
It's such a simple game it has so much potential for a sequel, they could go nuts with the mechanics and level design.

Notably usually slomo is a power the player can activate for a set amount of time and the rest is in real time, whereas superhots default state is slomo and simply moving enters you closer to real time.

6Super Hot Empty Re: Super Hot Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:43 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

When you throw a gun at someone, does it rebound and come back to you? That's what it looks like sometimes.

7Super Hot Empty Re: Super Hot Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:59 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

*Weapons from foes fly towards you if you kill them or stun them with a thrown object or a single punch.

*You can block bullets with your own shots, thrown items, katana or using another foe to get shot instead of you, also windows can absorb one shot before breaking.

*Everything including guns breaks when thrown, except katana which only breaks if it hits a bullet. *

*You can stomp on foes with your jump.

*jumping throws off foes aim as they often aim where they think you will be, along with them firing in the air.

8Super Hot Empty Re: Super Hot Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:12 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

This kind of shit would make an awesome action game.

9Super Hot Empty Re: Super Hot Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:56 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Elements have been done before like slomo and dodging bullets is like arcade type shooters, but not to that extent. I'm sure some action game has something like this.
You might like red steel 2 it's a samurai cowboy themed fps/action hybrid, I'll make a topic for it.

10Super Hot Empty Re: Super Hot Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I mean the less obvious stuff like throwing and catching guns. Though it would have to be a meaningful mechanic like it is here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum