You are not connected. Please login or register

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  Empty Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Did a quick search and noticed we didn't have a topic - any fans of Smash on here? I picked the game up again yesterday after I heard the Terry Bogard DLC had released and he's a lot of fun to play as.

SSBU is always the first game that gets busted out when I'm playing local multiplayer with friends (and then, just incase we haven't angered each other enough, we play Duck Game). Fun times!

2Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:57 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm amazed that this game didn't have a topic haha! Yeah I played the game extensively, still do at times. Played tournaments in Melee and Brawl, but totally burned myself out and skipped the WiiU version. Just a cusual player in Ultimate now, having fun.

Played a bit of Terry, really fun from what I've seen so far! Which characters do you use :)?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I'm not particularly good with any of them Razz my main mains are Snake and probably now Terry, but I also like Sheik and Ken. I used to play Ike in Brawl, and the action gamer in me wants to be good with Bayo, so I occasionally use them too. What about you?

4Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Been an Ike main since Brawl, we're bros! Haha! But I tend to at least want to be able to use everyone. Bowser and Samus were always my backups. In Ultimate I also use Plant, Terry, Cloud and Falcon. Just so many fun characters to use. You live in the states right? So no online for us? Razz

5Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Wow, another Ike player! To be honest, I've barely used him in ultimate compared to my other characters, but now I feel like giving him more game time Razz

I'm from the UK but never got round to trying the online (out of fear of being smacked) - what's the performance like? Poor across continents, I take it?

6Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:10 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Hm, UK should be fine. I'm from the Netherlands! If you ever feel up to it, we can play :) The online tends to be pretty decent.

7Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:59 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I remember you saying in another topic you were from the Netherlands, sure, we'll give it a go sometime!

I know it was explained in the Terry overview video, but how do you use Crack Shoot (backwards + B) to recover? (as in when you're facing away from the ledge, you'll want to do the move towards it, if that makes sense)

8Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

How the hell did Terry wind up in Smash?

9Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:35 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Probably Sakurai pulling strings. Smash Brothers is based on Fatal Fury and inspired by it, so it made sense. The whole idea of Smash came from Sakurai absolutely bodying someone in the arcade at some Fatal Fury, and feeling bad as that person immediately left the arcade. This prompted him to think of making a fighting game that was fun for casual and veteran players.

It took a lot of elements from Fatal Fury as well, like short hopping, rolling and death by ringouts. Sakurai is a big fan. The Terry livestream by him was nearly 20 minutes SNK background lore and arguments why the series is so kickass and not a rip-off of Street Fighter II. Fantastic watch imo.

@Greg
Good question haha! I haven't really given that a try yet! That explaination didn't do it for me either.

10Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:55 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I've been really impressed with the quality of the DLC. I wouldn't usually ever say any kind of DLC "pass" is worth it, but I'd make an exception with this one. Sakurai and his team have really outdone themselves with the level of detail put in to each character and stage. It'll be interesting to see who the final character ends up being.

I think this is the video Roy mentioned - I would recommend watching it too:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum