RedShot
Birdman
Nadster
Royta/Raeng
hedfone
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

51So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:19 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Depends on the game. I wasn't a fan of Tropical Freeze, so I skipped it on the Switch. Did buy Captain Toad. If they port over Mario 3d World and Devil's Third I'll be the first in line.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

52So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty la la lalala la Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:40 am

You artfully evaded the bold part of the question. Which is my concern: sure as muck people want games as they invested in a pricey console, but I have doubts they actually "enjoy" them fully. The consumer triumphs again: I bought it, I can elect to ignore it if I please. The producer says We appreciate your business!

Minor disclose: I find no Nintendo character so annoying as the creatures named Toads. You can't tell 'em apart, save for the colouring and things they carry around. They're almost always cheerful or timid. The way the avarage Smurf is. To call that a character... I break out in a cold sweat.

53So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:06 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Not sure what you mean? If I play them? Of course I do, why would I buy a game and not play it. I admit I'd buy Devil's Third just so I could make room below my TV by removing my WiiU.

> Captain toad
He's cute, I like him. Epsecially with that cheerful themesong of him. Just an enjoyable bloke. Really loved his inclusion 3d World. Since then I'd been pining for him getting his own title, glad he did! You played them?

54So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty place your bids Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

I mean the difference of playing and collecting. I think of it as distinct. When collectors say Someday...(...I will play it all), and then dump their stuff at the end of a cycle as one big bid on ebay.

No, I didn't play Treasure Tracker. My animosity prohibits this. And I didn't find the fun in the SM 3D World levels that inspired it. Too easy.
I don't play to relax. Find it it unnerving. Smile

55So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:27 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

They both have their appeal, after a hard long day at work and maybe some hanging out with friends or doing my own projects, derping around in a little puzzle room has more appeal to me than playing Evil Within, doing a NUR in NGII or NoSub in ZoE2. It's why I always have one of those games at the ready haha.

> playing and collecting
To each their own, if they want to spend their money on a box to sit on their shelf, that's on them I suppose. I still have the rule to 'beat every game I own unless I really don't like it'. Only game I sort of bought for the shelf was Wonderful 101 Remastered, which was more to support the developers.

56So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty prompt at the prom Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:51 am

Ya know, I think of myself as composed. Reading longer books or watching overtime (90+ min) movies is no thing if it's something I find interesting enough. But putting hook to fish in any Zelda legend would drive me nuts! "Where is the promt? Are you saying I'm just waiting?! You §&*#ing me !! This is &$%ing stupid!! People did overtime and slept under office tables for this?! I'm outta here!"

Video games equal action for me. Not waiting. Or getting sidetracked.

57So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:21 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

>Video games equal action for me. Not waiting. Or getting sidetracked

I used to be like this. Action and fighters were all I played.

While I still play action games (hate fighters) I'm getting more into RPGs where I can spend untold hours creating builds.

58So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty GF stands not for girlfriend Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:43 am

Funny. At my beginnings I tried wildly, with no own direction.
Dabbled with RPG, recognized much as a time sink. With not enough to come out of with. Least of all in "story".

RPG equals retirement for me. Laughing Take no offence. It's just that I hold against it what is its main trait: Everybody can do this. EVERYBODY is the savior. The game system holds all the experience back when you take a break, not a one thing stays with the player. Personal development is a mere math sheet. In Action all development stays as part of a person. What I feel anyhow. That is not to say I don't play. Just not much anymore... until last week when I found out about FFVIII for Switch. Ho boy, I had to have the retail version. It was creepy. Mabbe I played it last some 15 years ago. It's not nostalgia, I am revaluating. A lot of things that I ignored and dismissed come back to me with my new perspectives. I loathed the music backdays, thought that it lacked any mystery. Now I find it nifty. How strange.

59So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:07 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I have little idea what this post meant.

>RPG equals retirement for me
Are you referring to the lack of execution required?

>Everybody can do this. EVERYBODY is the savior.
Who?

> The game system holds all the experience back when you take a break
What does this mean?

>not a one thing stays with the player.
What does this mean?

>In Action all development stays as part of a person.
Like what? Muscle memory?

60So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty crouching and hidden Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:44 pm

Birdman wrote:I have little idea what this post meant.

I have a feeling you just prefer I lay it all out in front of you. A special person close to me is like that.

Birdman wrote:Are you referring to the lack of execution required?

The level-up is designed so that every player who invests in this system can reach the regular ending. Stronger, faster, harder. From snails to tigers.

Me: Everybody can do this. EVERYBODY is the savior.
Birdman: Who?

Laughing Excellent reaction. I say EVERBODY. You retort with Who? . It's like a Zen koan.
I mean the often messianic role the player holds. The irony is that with a RPG any schmuck becomes the chosen one of this world.

Me:The game system holds all the experience back when you take a break.
Birdman: What does this mean?

You as the player doesn't learn. Yeah, on the surface you learn to understand the game system. But the system holds in its math the experience. The player (you) itself does not evolve, only his/her avatar.

Me:not a one thing stays with the player.
Birdman: What does this mean?

See the above. You don't take experience with you when you turn it off. Not like action games or say a sport like archery.

Me: In Action all development stays as part of a person.
Birdman: Like what? Muscle memory?

If you want to call it that. I call it experience. But maybe that's a preoccupied term for you.

I will leave you with that.

61So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:09 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

At times Zenyn you read like a badly written Riddler episode from the '60s Batman sitcom haha. I can't make heads or tails of what you're writing. Why do you write this way?

62So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty on the couch Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:37 pm

Royta/Raeng wrote: Why do you write this way?

A short self-analysis? Ho boy.

It all began when my mother gave birth to me... (best day of my life)  Surprised

I don't think I'm a riddler.  Smile I dislike the DC villain, for being so silly and vain in his intellect. Maybe what I write can be not lucid at times. You'd have to indulge it as a m.o. Honestly all I can tell you is that I seem to counter any banality around me. If I overdo it then don't dwell on it. Call it dadaism. But allow me to claim that you can pick up my meaning. Just don't give up at a glance. Fair enough?

63So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:46 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Kind of sad if that was the best day of your life Razz

> what I write can be not lucid
I wonder if you talk the way you write, would be quite entertaining.

> dadaism
You forget I graduated from the High Art Academy. This is not Dada. But I get your meaning.

64So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty nada Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:01 pm

I see it as life-affirming to say to be born was the best day.

My reference to Dada was an offer to excuse "things that are nonsensical in itself". And also the DP Brotherhood of Dada. Wink

Oh, you have an education, then? I don't. That could be the rub why I'm the "weird" one.

65So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:15 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ah yeah that is generally a big misunderstanding of the Dada. Generally speaking their entire motion was to resist what we're used to by offering a twist. One famous Dada example was a composer arranging a play where he'd play piano for the audience. When the crowd arrived he sat, got ready, suddenly stood up, grabbed a bucket and threw water in the piano on its wires to produce sound. That whole experience is Dada. The audience expected X, but got Y, and they kind of like Y actually despite its randomness. To break with the established formula.

> education
I assume you at least finished secondary school haha! What do you want to do later-on in life?

66So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:36 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>The level-up is designed so that every player who invests in this system can reach the regular ending. Stronger, faster, harder. From snails to tigers.
You know RPGs have more mechanics to them than level ups right? A lot do have a balance problem though if straight up difficulty is what you're after.

>I mean the often messianic role the player holds. The irony is that with a RPG any schmuck becomes the chosen one of this world.
I don't care for story.

>You as the player doesn't learn. Yeah, on the surface you learn to understand the game system
So you do learn.

>But the system holds in its math the experience.
As in the level ups/stats?
What about all the other mechanics? Weaknesses for example.
I'm also talking action RPGs so there's a lot of positioning, knowledge of enemy abilities. A lot have great battle systems but you end up not needing them due to the amount of stats you gain which I'm not a huge fan of though it can be fun to push the system and see how strong you can get.

For me it's the amount of ways to build and play. That's why these crpgs are really drawing my attention now. Endless variations of build and party composition. The huge amount of tools given to tinker with and come up with weird setups.

>not a one thing stays with the player.
Aside from huge amounts of data but ok.

>You don't take experience with you when you turn it off. Not like action games or say a sport like archery.
Have you had to use blade mode in real life yet?

>If you want to call it that. I call it experience. But maybe that's a preoccupied term for you.
>experience
Is any shit you went through. ANY.
So is it muscle memory or not?

If you don't play for a while you get rusty/bad and old like me.

>But allow me to claim that you can pick up my meaning
Most of the time yeah, but sometimes your meaning isn't very clear. If you look at where you said 'everybody', that was mixed with all your other points about development of the player and experience which made it hard to tell if you meant the players of RPGs or the characters. That's why I asked who.

67So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty limited deals Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:46 am

Roy got his wish granted: SM 3D World for Switch + Bonus World.

That SM 3D All-Stars (sans Galaxy 2) should be limited on retail and digital is asinine.

The SMB/SMB2 GAME & WATCH is spiffy. And limited. Can I really get my hands on this? I wonder.

68So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:38 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>SM 3D World for Switch

I would be excited for this, but on the CEMU emulator it runs great for me at 4K and it was free lol.

69So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I've pre-ordered 3D All-Stars. People are quite right to criticise the price for what looks to be straightforward emulations of 10-20 year old games. However, as a physical media fan, and somebody who hasn't played any of the 3 titles (blasphemy, I know), I'm looking forward to it. It's kind of put me in the mood to find some more stars on Mario Odyssey!

Oh, and the limited availability thing is a complete joke. Scalpers are going to have a field day with physical copies. I assume Nintendo plans to sell the titles separately as part of the virtual console in the future. Pretty shitty way to go about it.

I stopped playing Switch games months ago after my sticks drifted. I replaced them, was pleased that I didn't break my controllers doing it, and then discovered that one of the sticks just refused to calibrate properly and was registering full stick pushes as only being pushed half way. I was sick of dealing with Nintendo's awful controllers.

I took a chance on the 8bitdo SN30 Pro + and it's great so far. Works on Switch and PC (as well as Android and Mac OS if you have use for that) and has of a good level of build quality. It's not cheap for a third party product at £35~, but it has good battery life, a decent dpad, its comfy and I believe it has the same gyro/motion support as the Switch Pro controller, although I haven't tested that myself. It even supports Xinput on PC so your PC will recognise it as an Xbox controller, making it work with loads of games and emulators out the box. I was using my PS4 controller as my PC controller, but I was having loads of issues with it disconnecting when the cable would move around during play, so this has has become my go-to for two platforms. I liked it so much that I bought another controller on my next payday for multiplayer.

(I'm not on their payroll, I promise!)

70So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:39 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Sick of Nintendo's shit.

71So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:40 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

A bit miffed by the limited retail on these titles, though knowing Nintendo it just means we'll get seperate releases for each at 60 bucks and this is just a temporary discount bundle for the anniversary. I'm still amazed there is a bundle with three games for the price of one, even though the remasters seem to be absolutely zero effort in some cases from what I hear. Scalpers will have a field day I'm sure.

Really wish Nintendo would get a studio like M2 on board to update their games.

@greg
Let me know what you think of Mario64. Everyone loves it but it is the only Mario title I could not get into for some reason. Even when it released.

> 8bido
Looking at their new arcade-stick that's coming out soon that really has my interest.

72So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty here I go be gone Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Gregorinho wrote: However, as a physical media fan, and somebody who hasn't played any of the 3 titles (blasphemy, I know), I'm looking forward to it.  

Treat yourself, then. I am replaying SM 64 on original hardware atm. What? No, no boasting about legendary games here. Though I'll say it's plain fun. Here's why: To control Mario ( in 3-D space that is ) was never more fun! The sheer variety on what can be done with 3 buttons and the stick is still impressive. And it is unique. All the followers depend ( too much ) on a gimmick. First the bubbling watering can. Then the star toddler (twice!). To the talking cap-chap. Even if you can find fault with 64 on some point or other (it was 96, chum), I consider it action. And a joy.

73So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty emblem touch down Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:25 am

The first Fire Emblem for NES will be available for a limited time, translated into English. Think I'll grab that.

In anticipation (? Laughing ) of the 3rd No More Heroes, the original and Desperate Struggle are now "remastered" for Switch. Think I'll pass.

74So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:52 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Saw that too about Fire Emblem. Really weird with the whole limited availability, but I'll probably get it regardless.

75So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:34 pm

NiceNinja

D-Rank

Wow! Pretty hyped about Capcom Arcade Stadium. Progear, GigaWing, 19xx, 1944 and Carrier Airwing. All excellent shooters. However I am a bit worried who is doing the emulation. Digital Eclipse have made some emulations for Capcom before, I guess they are fine, but just a bit too laggy. M2 who made the The Capcom Arcade Cabinet would be a nice surprise.

76So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty hold on to your shorts Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:05 pm

Yeah, ok. Reminiscent of the Capcom Arcade Cabinet. Similar that there are "Game Packs" to purchase, with different titles bundled.

But...What is it?

A new Ghost 'n Goblins for Switch?  Twisted Evil The Red Arremer is laughing.

77So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty snap shot Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:49 am

Oh, snap! A new hunting game from that Pokèmon Company. Gotta grill 'em all!
Who would've thought? Ah, yes. The 20 year cycle.

78So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty zombie densetsu Wed May 12, 2021 1:18 pm

The Zombies Ate My Neighbors / Ghoul Patrol pack coming up looks like my kind of jam. Curses that the Limited Run Games release is not even on the horizon.

Getsu Fuma Den: Undying Moon seems like a rpg-hybrid. Naw, thanks. Maybe releasing the original instead?

79So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Day 1 Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:01 pm

M Dread is an easy one.

Hitting Advance Wars 1 + 2 Re-Booted, too. Played the originals much in my circle. Before Dual Strike soured me up for good (and some individuals in the process). Played Dark Conflict solo, and for the better. I expect the Re-Boot camp to establish some changes. Some COs could get fairly cheap.
And it gets online mp. How about that?

80So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty 64 MEGAbits Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:12 pm

So Switch Online gets a N64 and SEGA Mega Genesis Drive catalouge. Much needed flavours, I think. Nothing out of the ordinary hopping, but I try to switch perspective to someone who discovers these titles for the first time. I'd say it's quite a quality offering, but I hate to think of the time when a player had that fun in full and Switch Online goes inevitabley offline. It's as your parents decide to sell all your toys without consulting. That kills the mood for me. The New Order.

81So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:35 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Worth mentioning that you have to pay extra for them, if I've understood correctly. N64/MegaGen titles aren't included in the base NSO subscription fee. Awful, awful decision IMO.

82So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:56 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah that alone was reason enough for me to just go ahead and cancel my subscription. Not going to support this.

83So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty all subs a off Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:24 pm

Oh? Shocked I understood it would be included. Maybe I was misled by the mentioning that the normal subscription would be upgradable. OK, then. But is it that much different from it's competitors? I wouldn't know. I feel they are having a hard time getting players to consider Nintendo Online. And no matter the quality of all this, it's never enough next to the full catalouge of the respective systems. In a way that's lopsided in a high standard sense. Quirky stuff or games under some franchise license or defunct companies. Hum. I don't see a solution for this any time soon.

Yeesh, chum. You are consequent. Are you that indignant? Or is it easier because the tenure is up?

84So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:32 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The presentation kept it a bit vague, but yeah the subscription will have two tiers now with different costs. One features everything we've had up until this point, the other has the N64 and Genesis catalogue on top of that.

> hard to getting players to consider Nintendo Online

As of June 2021, there are 26 million paying Nintendo Switch Online accounts. Not too bad honestly.

85So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty so I canceled my subscription Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:54 pm

I can't be impressed by sheer numbers. So it's in the millions. By what estimate of how many sold systems?
A third maybe with a sub, I'd be guessing. There is always up. And as by your example: one can always cancel.

86So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:08 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah it's about a third. Honestly I expected 10% when I looked it up, but this is about 30%, so I was surprised. It's pretty cheap, but what it offers isn't that special either.

87So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

The fact that their party chat is done through a phone app is unacceptable, for me. If you play on PC, Xbox or PS you don't have to put up with such archaic shite. You can argue XBL and PSN are expensive but at least they work well and are convenient.

As cool as it is to have historically significant classics available at your fingertips if you're a subscriber... it doesn't provide a better experience than PC-based emulation. The upcoming N64 emulation won't support upscaling, to my knowledge. Playing early 3D titles in 240p on modern HD displays? That's a very hard sell. Nintendo are happy to sell you an upscaled Mario 64 as part of a full priced release, though.

I'm surprised 30% of Switch owners pay for NSO. I don't know anybody that pays for it, personally. We probably would pay for it for Smash if we could play with game and chat audio through the console...

88So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:35 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think the online play is a bigger part of it than NSO's classics library. Lot of Smashers wanting to become online-warriors. Same with Splatoon.

Note that the upcoming N64 classics are apparently using their original regional roms. So PAL users will play them at 50hz instead of 60 which just...why.

89So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:03 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Does Nintendo actually try to be stupid?

90So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:08 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

> 50hz Versions
There's just no excuse. Why would they deliberately make PAL-region customers pay for a worse service when we moved on from this technological limitation, what, maybe 15 years ago?

The funny thing is, the service launches with Sin and Punishment, an NTSC-J exclusive. No 50hz mode available for that game, so we'll get the intended experience for that one. Just fuck off Nintendo, honestly. Run by a team of Dinosaurs and they still make mountains of money.

I believe Sony's PS Classic mini-console was guilty of this too, except it was a random few games that were 50hz while the others were 60hz. I believe Tekken 3 was one of the 50hz titles, and that was all it took for me to "nope" out of buying it.

> Online Play
I'm sure it is the driving force of those NSO sales. The classic library is cool, but your average subscriber probably isn't hyped to play 35 year old games. They just wanna race/splat/smash their friends. The party chat thing just sours me so much. The PS Vita had a better party system. The Vita! Only Nintendo could get away with selling the products and services that they do in 2021.

91So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:17 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Sin and Punishment
I have the cart of this in a box somewhere. Is it valuable or wanted? I might smash it to pieces on video for fun and to infuriate people.

92So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:54 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> party chat
I think that's a generational thing, if I want to play with friends we usually just do a group call on our phones or w/e or use an app, rarely the in-system conversation tool. That said it's still terrible that the service is so barebones.

> 50hz

IIRC the reasoning is that the PAL versions have all the language support, i.e. Italian, Spanish etc. Still just a terrible choice.

> nintendo the dinosaur
They've been behind the curve forever. The Gamecube is a fantastic system due to its games, but the system was outdated even then. No DVD player. Terrible online. Even its cables are wack (some ports don't exist in certain regions). Wii had friend-codes, while M$ already figured out online a decade ago. WiiU was the WiiU. The Switch is also super unique in how backwards it can be. It's online store is something else.

> destroying a game for fun

That's a bit wasteful, even if it's only 50 bucks used. Don't be that guy. If you don't want it, give it to someone who does instead of being a dick by breaking it.

93So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:15 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

> Language support
You know, that's a fair point actually. Hadn't considered that. We English are quite privileged to have most of the world speak our language with us... still, seeing as all of the regional releases will be on the platform, they should let everyone access all versions of the games.

> Group chat
Maybe it is a generational thing, but I really appreciated the PS4/XB1 letting you have your voice and game chat through the headset. I don't have to listen to my friends mics picking up their TV audio anymore! It was very convenient too, being able to plug in my PC headset as the controllers had the jack input.

> Behind the curve
Yes, they certainly have been! It's never stopped them making money though, so why change, I guess?

> Destroying a game
I'd politely ask you not to, if only for the sake of preservation. The gaming world will be digital-only sooner rather than later, so it'd be great to keep physical copies around for as long as possible.

94So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:25 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Damn. You guys took that WAY too seriously.
Just talking about it gets this kind of response. Imagine the death threats if I actually did it.

It's been sitting in a closet for nearly 10 years. Never moved once. Can't be sold as no one in my country has a Japanese N64 or really any interest in Japanese stuff.

>preservation
Don't care that much about it anymore. I doubt these carts I have even work anymore. I wonder if they still save. Do they run on batteries?

95So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:46 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Did we? Just goes to show, we all assume you had it in you to do it.

> N64 carts
Yeah they run on a pretty small battery to store saved-data. These can be lost, obviously, but are generally also pretty easily replaced if you have the know how / soldering skills. Same goes for SNES and GB(A) cartrigdes. The worst offender being Pokemon Gold and Silver, which both could only save about 256 times before running dry if my memory serves.

96So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:28 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>we all assume you had it in you to do it.
Am I considered THAT evil?

Just had a look in my box.

I found:

Star Twins
Pilot Wings 64
Bomberman
Star Fox 64
Hammer & Punishment oh I mean Sin and Punishment
Diddy Kong Racing (I think. Has him in some kind of vehicle.)
Some game with a little blue cat.

Will test them and see if the save files are still there. I know I played them all at least once years ago.

Edit: The AV cables don't seem to work. Can't get a picture. Guess we'll never know.

97So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:06 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I just got home with my new Switch. Waiting for it to charge now.

And I have Astral Chain. I HAVE ASTRAL CHAIN.

98So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:56 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Congrats! I'm sure you will, but let us know what you think in the AC thread. It took quite a lot of getting used to for me (I didn't enjoy most of my initial playthrough), but I found it really satisfying once it clicked. Definitely one of Platinum's standouts.

Have you got your eye on picking up anything else?

99So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:14 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It's been pretty easy to get used to so far. Too many similarities to stuff I've played before. The Switch controls are weird though. I'm too used to PS4.

>anything else?
Not really. I only bought it for Astral Chain and Deadly Premonition 2.

I bought Okami even though I already have it on multiple consoles. Will be good to have it portable for when my wife wants to play Overcooked on PS4.

Saw a game called Sea Salt but couldn't find it on the store.

100So I got a Switch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:42 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>The Switch controls are weird though. I'm too used to PS4
You can get adapters pretty cheap that let you use ps4 controllers on switch.

>Deadly Premonition 2
I will give swery money for anything, but I could not play more than 2 hours of this. The open world runs at about 7 frames per second all the time.
The gameplay is ok.. it isn't a survival horror anymore with ammo scarcity, but it controls better.
Surprisingly good melee attack.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum