Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

So I got a Switch..

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So I got a Switch.. Empty So I got a Switch.. on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:40 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Does anyone else have one?

I would love people to play bayonetta 2 and splatoon with.
Also, I will be posting a Travis Strikes Again topic as soon as I get around to playing. I am a huge Suda fan and hope this is decent.

Last edited by hedfone on Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total

2So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:22 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I own one, don't have Bayonetta on it sadly (I was WiiU owner). I do own Splatoon 2, played it a lot at first. Now it's mostly my arcade / smash brothers machine! So many great arcade titles on there like Shocktroopers, Sengoku3, Gunbird and much more! I'm not really playing Splatoon anymore, but if you have Smash we could play for sure!

http://stinger.actieforum.com

3So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:17 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Travis is all I picked up immediately, Bayo and Splatoon will be soon to follow. I really just bought it for Nintendo games, and the eventual SMTV.
Except Zelda, thank god I emulated that on pc, I don't think it is worth the money, but I played it for
at least 30 hours. Weird how that works out.

>Splatoon
How is splatoon btw? Is it chill if you just play casually here and there?

>Smash
I will put Smash on the top of the pickup list! I haven't played since Melee, how does this compare?

>Arcade
Having a portable NeoGeo Machine will be sick!

When I brought my switch home, it ALREADY had dead pixels on the screen, fresh out of the box. Brought it back for an exchange, but what a pain in the ass for something that is fairly expensive.

4So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:47 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
That is really scary man, never had that! Good that you got a replacement so fast! Splatoon is pretty fun to play casually, I had a lot of fun derping around in it for a month or so and the art-style is fantastic. But eventually I just tired of it. Smash Ultimate is fantastic, fun singleplayer mode, lots of content (like...a ton). Good online too.

But yeah the arcade games steal the show for me. I've bought like a dozen already, also things like Capcom Beat'm Up Bundle are just great on this system.

I'm not fully sure how it works, but if you have a friendcode or w/e send me an invite!

Also, get the online. It is like 20 bucks per year and gives some free NES games which is good fun.

5So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Nadster

B-Rank
Not yet. I'll get it eventually. So far it is the only console that has My Friend Pedro. It's not out yet but there are other games that I like to get.

6So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:37 pm

Birdman

Still not enough games to be worth it for me. I'm only interested in Bayonetta 3 and Astral Chain at the moment. I'm looking into that Xenoblade Chronicles too.

7So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:53 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
I am super excited for Astral Chain. Also TeamNinja is making the third Marvel Ultimate Alliance game exclusively for switch. Those games were great beat em up/Diablo clones back in the day. I loved Xmen legends on ps2. If they nail the combat it could be incredible. I don't think they have shown gameplay though...

8So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:55 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Birdman
It is a fun system, but I don't think it has that killer app yet for you perse. For me it has Smash Brothers which is an instant buy, but other than that there isn't really a title that made me go "yes, let me get it".

9So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:09 am

Birdman

Well I'm defintiely getting one once those two games come out.

I havent looked through the Switch library recently. Maybe there's something out I'll love. Might have a look on Playasia.

10So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:39 am

Birdman

I'm angry.

I just found out that FF12  The Zodiac Age is getting a Switch release. I also found out it will include the option to respec. 

Makes me want to hurt a Switch owner. Any owner. YOU!

No word on a PS4 patch, though I'll wait until after release to go berserk. They wouldn't advertise it for the Switch then say it's also coming out on PS4 at the same time. There's a possibility PS4 will get it later.

11So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:02 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Yeah I saw the notes that the Switch version is basically the definitive one with a lot of extra content. Even got some exposure on Reddit!

12So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:19 pm

Birdman

There better be a PS4 patch or I'm going to go apeshit.

13So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:05 am

Birdman

I don't get it. The director or whoever went on about making each choice final because he had this fantastic idea of real life choices and responsibility in a game with huge amount of customization, yet complained when people weren't using all the options and going with optimal builds because we all plays games because we want them to be like real life. Ummm no we don't you dipshit.

Then the Switch version has this limit removed. WTF?

Anyway someone tell me about the Switch's hardware. I heard some games aren't even fully on the cart and you have to partially download them?

14So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:18 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
I know doom had multiplayer as a DL, and LA Noire has a 14 gig patch. The switch has 25 gigs of storage. I am just downloading everything to an SD card, I hate physical media.
The joycons don't feel that great, but the pro controller is really nice, but pricey.
What else do you want to know?

15So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:45 am

Birdman

I just realized the X1 is getting this version too. I'd rather but an X1 than a Switch.

But there's no telling if they plan to update the PS4 version. I'd hate to buy a new console just to have it update soon after.

16So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:50 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
You really are better off buying a good SD card for the Switch as extra storage. I have a 650 gig one inserted. Costs a bit, but an easy investment. Some games have patches, but these are mostly the ports that they try to fit into the limited system.

17So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:02 pm

Birdman

Why do they do this? Why make the Switch so weak? Is it related to portability?

I have no interest in taking my games outside. I don't even use my 3DS outside.

I'd still buy a Switch if it gets some games I want, but it would never leave the house.

18So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Wed May 01, 2019 12:02 am

RedShot

C-Rank
Yeah, it's more like a tablet that can be used at home if you want.

19So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Wed May 01, 2019 7:41 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
The Switch isn't that weak, but it isn't easy to port to. Like with the Wii, most ports are just "we want the big bucks" ports, since games on the Switch tend to sell better. Its portability is the biggest reason it falls behind though, it's basically a tablet.

Sounds like the machine just isn't for you. But bear in mind I never considered using it portable, and now its basically just used as a portable. It really just plays really nice on trips, on the balcony or when my fiance wants to watch tv.

20So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Wed May 01, 2019 8:32 am

Birdman

Yeah it definitely sounds like something I wouldn't touch but still can't deny Astral Chain and Bayo 3 so eventually I'll have no choice. If a game is on another console and isn't all fragmented, half in a cart, half online nonsense I'll go for that.

21So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Wed May 01, 2019 1:48 pm

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
At the end of the day this thing is an exclusive machine for me. I like most nintendo games, astral chain, bayo, Shin Megami Tensei V, and no more heroes are easily worth the 300 bucks or whatever it was.

I am with Roy about the portability, I never thought about using it, but with only one tv it's nice if your SO wants to watch something, It also has hulu for the inverse, no netflix I believe.
I was going to get Bayo 1 on pc for the performance, but I think i'll go switch for that portability.

The power of this little thing impresses me every day. It is basically a beefy 360. If you watch some Digital Foundry videos of the various ports, they did a really good job. On Switch Bayo1 runs much better than WiiU.

22So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Thu May 02, 2019 7:23 am

Birdman

it's nice if your SO wants to watch something
I bought a laptop just for Netflix to avoid this. Ain't no one messing with my game time.

23So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Fri May 31, 2019 9:47 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Finally got online. Friend code is SW-1815-9853-4593, if anyone wants to add me and play some nes games ore something haha. Gonna get mario kart soon.

24So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Nadster

B-Rank

25So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Saw it too. Not too sold on this version yet. Smaller screen, no ability to change brightness, really difficult to transfer data from one Switch to the other. I am pleased to see a good d-pad though. Hope we'll see one on an official d-pad soon!

26So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:24 pm

Birdman

Is it Nintendo's goal to piss people off?

27So I got a Switch.. Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:20 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Smart marketing makes a lot of good. The video was high quality and people are a sucker for their designs, I expect this to sell really well. Especially since it launches on the same day as the new Zelda game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum