RedShot
Birdman
Nadster
Royta/Raeng
hedfone
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

101So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:03 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Why can't I find Sea Salt on the store? Search turns up nothing. I searched online and it says it's there.

102So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:28 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Made a US account and easily found it. Bought with a gift card.

103So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:33 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Picking up Breath of the Wild tomorrow. Even though it has some stuff I don't like, after researching the mechanics I found there's more great stuff and people are still discovering new things.

104So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

I remember seeing a 100+ pages document that contained all of the BotW tech. Most of them weren't that interesting or practical from what I remember. The most useful one seemed to be sneak attack chaining.

105So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:36 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I think I know the one you're talking about. Found it recently but haven't read it yet.

I mainly watch videos. There's tons of useful stuff. Bomb parrying is genius.

I've done the first area with the four shrines and got the glider.
The tools I have so far are magnet, bombs, stasis and freeze. Really interesting stuff. Never seen a mechanic like what stasis does before (storing the energy from your hits while frozen).

I used magnet to drop a metal crate on an unaware goblin. Then sweeped it into another who went flying. Pulled it back to hit one running toward me from behind. I love this kind of stuff.

I plan to get Voice of Cards but not sure which console yet. Same with Astria Ascending.

106So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:49 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

The document contained mostly glitches and stuff, but the normal interactions you can create during gameplay are pretty good (didn't know about bomb parrying, seems fun). The game has some problems, but the chemistry system is amazing and something I wanted in games for as long as I can remember.

>storing the energy from your hits while frozen
The cool thing is that you can build energy with whatever but only the last hit decides the direction instead of being an average of the directions of all the hits. Makes it much more controllable and useful. Also the Korok Leaf is great for other cool interactions.

107So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:01 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>bomb parry
It's kind of like actually being an explosion. I can't do it properly yet because I don't have enough hearts to practice the parry timing.

>korok leaf
First thing I did was make an ice block, shatter, then try to blow the chunks. It didn't work. Really thought it might given the level of interactions in the game.

108So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:53 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

This game got boring as fuck real fast.

109So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Insert two coins Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:55 am

For whoever is interested in Capcom's Arcade Stadium: It's now possible to ignore full Game Pack bundles and go straight for single games at 2 whatever currency a hit. Oof, finally. Some fine action there. I'm going for Ghouls 'n Ghost (DaiMakaimura) and Strider. Can't fault 'em. And I will try something new, too. Leaning to Battle Circuit, a brawler.

110So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty are we having nintendo fun yet? Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:30 pm

As near as I can tell, having no subscription, concerning the N64 games: the PAL versions are optional and are distinctive from the general games that are presented as the NA iterations.

That could just make anybody happy? Maybe? No? Still got to pay extra? OK.

111So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:29 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Did anyone do this?

29 games
65 hours
Most Played: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond (16 hours)
Dragon Quest (13 hours)
Devil May Cry 3 SE (10 hours)
My most active day was playing Shin Megami Tensei V for 3 hours
5 hours docked/60 handheld

112So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:08 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Where can you do it?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

113So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:34 pm

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/
*However, the tool is only available to people in the US, Canada and Latin America.

So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Switch10

114So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:32 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

*However, the tool is only available to people in the US, Canada and Latin America.

What a bizzare limitation. Mine will be mostly Smash with a sprinkle of Cruis'n Blast, Super Monkey Ball and a couple of other games I can't remember.

115So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:04 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That is lame Sad I had hoped we could do it too.

116So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty stat 'em up Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:12 am

I got mail telling me my most played games of the year:

Hotline Miami Collection - 23h; Curse of the Moon 2 - 22h; Castlevania Anniversary - 17h.

Games played: 25
New Games Played: 14 ( yeah, getting into tough flavour with HAMSTER ACA )

I don't feel time, honestly. What I do feel is how I can handle the contents of a game in terms of action, as opposed how the contents handle me.
That's my measure.

I don't think it's limited to NA and SA. Search for nintendo-switch-year-in-review. Stat!

117So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:53 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

There's one hidden away on the Dutch site, so managed to do it too!

My stats:
9 games played (3 of which were new)
Dread: 32 hours
Links awakening: 13 hours
Ringfit: 12 hours (been slacking Sad )

Total playtime this year: 69 hours (82% of which was in handheld)
55 of which was in october haha

118So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty Re: So I got a Switch.. Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:05 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I found mine on the UK site too!

10 games played (5 of which were new games for me)

67 hours of Smash Bros
6 hours of Cruis'n Blast
6 hours of 51 Worldwide Games (side note: played loads of this in 2020, my GF and I really like this game, great little collection. Make sure you have joy-cons though as Pro Controllers aren't really supported)

Played 90 hours, 96% docked. July and October were my biggest Switch months.

119So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty buh-buy sweet lady action Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:16 am

So, after the last Direct I am pretty sure the Age of Action is done for and the New (new) Age of Apply Only Soft Pressure Here is here. Alright then. With shovels of Indie titles only reminisent in wishing by the lazy devs to remind the soft masses that they infringe on "retro" (ugh) design, it's all bare loins from where I'm crouching (the niche). The Rewind-function is the new action standard, nuff said. If there wouldn't be Hamster's ACA I wouldn't know what to buy. I am NOT old, mind you. Just high-toned.

120So I got a Switch.. - Page 3 Empty nier tier Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:43 pm

So, Nier Automata is coming to Switch.

Everybody happy?

Thinking of it as soft-action, I wouldn't even be tempted to consider it. But being from the Nier cloth I wouldn't dare to think again. Nier the original game, to me at least, was one of the most uncouth games I ever played. Every patchwork part that thing is made of I can detest. Bah.
I am as ever amazed it has "fans".

No, really. I mean it. That "world"... the creeps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum