You are not connected. Please login or register

Shadow of the Colossus Remake

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Shadow of the Colossus Remake Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:57 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Bought it today and just started. Watching the intro as I write.

Anyone else interested in this or the original?

Edit: Sure enough, the game is getting trolled all over lol.

2Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:46 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I still want to experience the PS2/PS3 edition one day, same with Ico, but this version can really burn in hell. Removing content and assets out of the original game and selling them as DLC is a toxic businessmodel I refuse to support.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:15 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I heard about some sword as DLC? Was that in the original game? I forgot the time attack items but I know you got a sword from one of them.

4Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:51 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It is the corruption skin. Normally the Wanderer would get more corrupt visually with each Collosi slain. Yet now that function is removed and instead paid DLC.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

5Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:55 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Is it confirmed he won't change during the game? I did a quick search and some people are saying he still does while others are saying it was toned down.

I've only beaten the first one so I can't see any difference yet.

Just saw a pic of corruption and he looks evil af. I'll be pissed if they removed that and sold it back to me. Sometimes I marvel at how devs can be that stupid.

Edit: Read up on this and found you can unlock the cursed skin in hard time attack, which I assume is the corruption one you were talking about. Cant find any info on paid dlc.

Still, it will be stupid if he doesn't change during the game.

There's a new coin collectable and secret if you find them all which is pretty cool.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total

6Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

So now they've found this goat carving or image on some rocks. Three have been found so far.

I think people are still holding out for a new colossus to appear. Even though they said there wouldn't be any new content but the coin collectibles and new sword in a completely new area show they outright lied. I think anything is possible now. I plan to search the entire map this weekend, or at least as much as I can.

7Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:48 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Started playing this again as a break from farming in TFD and DQH.

I let my nephew take my copy before the lockdown but got it free with PS+ and my save file still works.

I actually haven't played since last posting. Just going through hard mode now. I don't think I'll ever get tired of replaying this game.

Regarding the DLC, it's not stuff cut from the game. You get a cloak that regens faster, a bow that identifies weak points from a greater range, and a skin for the horse.

8Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:42 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Finished it last night. Pretty impressive remake. The visuals are fantastic.

Did all the time attacks and unlocked all the items. Quite a few fun tools to mess with. Also, got the corruption skin. It's so creepy.

Seems most of the crazy launches are still possible so after I'm done collecting everything I'll play around with those. The physics in this game are crazy.

Need to find all the coins now so I can get Dormin's sword, and build enough stamina to climb the temple.

9Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:56 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Done everything possible.

All that's left is to improve time attack records but I'll leave that for another time.

10Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:06 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Great game. I never got into the original but played the remake several times. One of the first games my wife actually watched me play the whole way through. 

How long did it take you to do everything Bird? Just a few days it looks like?

11Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:11 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I was playing on and off for a week or so.

Stamina took a while to grind, mainly because I wasted my time collecting lizard tails that only give 1 while a colossus gives 6 or 8. Forget which.

So I'd just fight the first one over and over by loading NG+. Queen's sword is a one hit kill on a weak point and the first colossus only has one weak point on normal. Used speedrun tech to get to its head immediately.

Dormin's sword is useless for the effort involved. Collected all 79 relics to get something that has no purpose. When you have this much stamina, Queen's Sword is already a 1 hit kill and you can't get the sword earlier because you need near max to get the coins at the top of the temple.

At this point I'd already easily got the trophies for not dying in a single playthrough and beating the game in under 6 hours.

My wife liked this as well. She was really interested in the relationship between Wander and the girl. The ending really surprised her.

12Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:21 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>Dormin’s sword 

What does it do?

>ending surprised her

I think that ending really catches a lot of people off guard. Lot of cool buildup at the end of the game, and the ending itself is a great payoff.

13Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:27 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Highest attack power and some visual things like focused light beam being black and there's an eye on the hilt that glows blue or orange indicating whether or not the colossus has become hostile.

Looks cool with the corruption skin. It's like you've actually become the demon. They really should have included a demonic Agro skin too.

14Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:46 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

So it’s more of a cosmetic thing then? Sounds cool, but maybe would have been better as just a bonus for clearing the game or something.

15Shadow of the Colossus Remake Empty Re: Shadow of the Colossus Remake Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:07 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah. All you can do is go through story mode again and one shot everything which you could already do.

You can't use items or special weapons in time attack though. There's tons of replay value to be found there with all the crazy launches. Some are really hard to do and will require serious practice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum