You are not connected. Please login or register

SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Sun May 05, 2024 4:39 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

This is mostly (at least at this juncture) about a (long overdue) conceptual run now possible (thanks to Kira's efforts) to realize as previewed here:

In the comments, I go over some particulars of the run's situation (and even some other things to look into for runs beyond).  Suffice to say, this is a playthrough meant to focus heavily on sorcery (in particularly TB *to a lesser extent EH*).  SoD is more for the DMG kill boon, but when down and for workaround options, that is what Kira has decided for himself.

While it is NOT the case that it'll be relevant to the caster ambitions, I'll still share the PAIN+ (as much as it can be without mods) version of my VH Athena work.  More appropriate is the NUR despite the different focuses (and many rules governing my approaches *differing much from his intention*). Apparently I also had a MAX run (getting closer to what he's going to be up to, maybe).  Later I will do an E Athena (not mere copypasta of ancient runwork).  Fresh coverage trying to help Kira with recommendations for how to use things as his run intends.

2SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Sun May 05, 2024 4:52 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

In order of my document, first up is:

VH Athena PAIN+:

NOTE: This should be around the time GoWIII was to come out in terms of age, so I'd be younger here than Wright is now.

3SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Sun May 05, 2024 4:58 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Next up would be a de-escalation to:

VH Athena NUR:

4SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Sun May 05, 2024 5:11 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

And finally (last copypasta from olden times of the Silver Age/Bronze Age transition):

VH Athena MAX:

Still have to sort out what exactly Kira intended. Fairly sure he doesn't meant to over complicate the matter. The mod allowing for this hypothetical scenario with VH Athena (enjoying E Athena MP privilege) for casting focus (TB over EH). Secondary focus on SoD (not so much other secondaries). No other real restrictions.

5SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Mon May 06, 2024 10:24 pm

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Thanks for all the notes. I will have to make time to read them.

As for what I want, focus on spell casting at MAX. Mostly TB, CR. I wish to lay EH to rest for this one time (even though shattering enemies will not yield me back magic. So I have to mind it if I want to always have resources). Of course SoD helps getting now 40Mp!!! back from enemies if they drop even a single blue orb. This is going to be one hell of a run.

Maybe VH Athena NUR will also happen with the SAINT mod on.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYfivScsd_EreejRUraXlA

6SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Fri May 10, 2024 11:34 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>all the notes
Ancient as they are (and only loosely related/relevant).

>focus on spell casting at MAX
>TB and CR
Not EH?  Alright.  So be it, Jedi.

>about the MP returns off shattering
I see.

>40MP from even a bad pull of just one orb
Good enough for a TS and change, so that's hard to argue with.  CR lvl3 costs 16.5 MP, but will drop to 12.375 for you.  Thus, you can use the fabled triple cast (limit for i-frames and casting in a row) with perfect linking to cost 37.125MP and STILL get a full refill (with change).  Good eats.  Sure the P% being slightly nerfed by VH (not Athena's fault) will weaken its direct value, but the knockback can cause collisions that are EP% scaling (not as awesome as GK, but Athena will hook you up here *and if you get hurt, you already know here recovery is far better than normal, too*).

Because we're leaning so hard into this gimmick, one thing to consider for the future is West Auditorium.  CB/FJ are normally dunked on with EH (into LV to save on resources versus TS that is a bit costly *just covers a wider field so less set-up is needed...just slower too, so beware this fact*).  Might have been cool if we had to hold L1+O with up to five shots on the floor (10MP each for 10DMG each on the storm getting bigger each time *thus the single shot version is one-fifth as large*).  Some control on the cost, size, DMG, etc. would be stellar as only TWO (so 20MP) would be needed if you line up for MOST targets.  LV is still tops (25MP) when it comes to HM (owing to a bug).  Shorter i-frame window is acceptable to me (let me dictate it).

Would be HYPER cheap if we could cancel before the final shot that sends the wave out.  Talk about big i-frame windows without skill needed (nearly 90i).  Feels like having such control would mean giving up the i-frames until the end (which would probably drop it to 20-30i).  I'd be cool with that.  Anyway, I suppose I'll have to tailor my run to match what you're trying to do.  Getting back on-topic, Pantheon of Atropos has tons of Seeds birthed.  Each one has potential (with SoD out) to give us MP (lots of infinite opp cases to plan around).  Tossing them into each other with throws for collisions should work just as well as anything else.  Getting enough MP to do something ridiculous like TS to clear a room filled to the brim with Seeds would be a thing with each dice rolling chances (unknown value) for 1-3 small orbs (0-120MP).  Only need one to pay out.  Get none?  Let birthing happen, then toss it a bit before the kill.

Seeds have 50HP.  One TS one-shots.  CB have 250HP.  Two casts will get to "O".  Use it.  Another two casts for the next "O" (though excessive).  FJ are 400HP.  Two casts to hit a breakpoint.  Because you can hit everyone at once very easily, having a room stuffed with dorks (birthing is cool, just not maturing)...you can just let TS trash the Seeds for refills to repay while wearing down the tanks (one will keep making more fodder to use in this way).  Now lets jump over briefly look at East Auditorium.  Obviously TS can fly through obstacles for barrier abuse v1 and v2, but one might feel some type of way letting it rip when against helpless opps.  Still, if you don't want to fall back too much on SoD or the usual (throws), it is what it is.  Hounds only have 35HP (like Sentries).  Guardians have 65HP, but TS will put them to "O" in one use (not sure if their recovery would be oneshot by a follow-up LV without really checking, but TS would obviously be overkill).  HPotF has 130HP.  Ideally they are softened up (x2 TS being 100DMG should leave them in the danger zone for CR).  Far better to NOT have SoD out when they die owning to their non-SoD drops of MP being much more rich.  Don't have that on hand.

*tests*

Wright notes 41HP or more left means OS DMG for 40DMG on them.  Doing it into x2 TS would still insta-kill (and them into OS would be OS kill).  Would have to think on how to approach things (maybe CR or so into TS for the x2 spawn, maybe OS then CR a time or so into TS for the first one)?  Definitely want to be bottom-left aiming top-right to cover the angle hitting everyone with TS.  At the same time, you want to score SoD kills for MP returns, yet NOT have it out when HPotF die.  Speaking of which, MP worth.  You know the deal with SoD, but what about without?  For baseline it was ~32MP for air OS.  ~56MP for OH kill.  ~49MP for OS kill.  This versus rolling the dice for 0-12 (4/8/12) depending on drop.  I'm not seeing any triple drops, so maybe I misremembered.  Let's limit that to 0-8 (4/8 then).  I do so some rare instances of no returns (like in your own previous).

Right, so either you pick 0/40/80 with SoD kills (having it out during throws won't change things) or 320 (air OS), 560 (OH) or 490 (air OS).  Considering we can only hold 200 units, any of these is overkill (with no real benefit for going over like it becoming something else).  Just something to consider versus hoping our mass TS kills on dogs keep paying out for 40MP with the downtime between shots (~3s if I remember right).  If being ultra lazy, you could lean entirely on TS with 200 units to start (probably).  In theory, you would quick drop and glide to HPotF (maybe don't bother stopping the summon since that is much another dice roll for MP, actually).  This would mean getting lined up to TS up-right from bottom-left  Three casts for 112.5MP spent.  Likely two dogs killed by this.  High chance of pay out with 40MP there.  This before killing the summon and two natural FG.  Very likely to get one more orb (at least).  80MP is really likely here.  I'm low-balling, but it seems like you would have spent 32.5MP of your 200 presently.

Then be in position to TS in the same way for the x2 spawn.  Going to kill more dogs for sure.  Think there are four or five waves of respawns from the x2 naturals as is to count on.  Similar for the FG.  This plus the summons definitely covers the cost of spamming TS near mindlessly.  It just seems like it could pretty easily do all the work so long as SoD is out (even without putting in more effort to switch away from SoD and finish a priest with CR or something cheaper).  Ah, forgot to test DMG kill (without SoD).  It was ~32 baseline, so 320 (same as air OS).  Obviously killing with BH robs you of any MP.  BoO is the same.  Saw it give me 36 baseline, too (so 360 in your case).  Whatever.  It can vary at times (operate within a range).  We really need Wright's help to know the particulars of exact orb drops in all cases (and their range *aside from chance stuff*).  Datamining is much easier than 'testing' (approximations and such).  Far more accuracy, as well.  Still, you might be getting the picture for the sorts of things this run enables you to do.

>maybe NUR version, too
I just got MAX'd for starting the run, but I've still got to get back to naming in Wright's Bestiary (while watching for missing things).  Got to give you that recovery time, too.  Let me know what's good.

Last edited by GodModeGOD on Fri May 10, 2024 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fuck smilies.)

7SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Sat May 11, 2024 12:44 am

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Eyy. Nice thinking there. Spawners can be treated differently since each spawn/seed is a chance at a refill. I'll keep that in mind.

We will have a field day at Atropos boss fight as well. Infinite Mp basically.

Lahkesis drops Mp upon parrying her projectile right?

I think I have recharged enough. Will probably begin the run in maybe a week. 2 at most. Before that, will read Wrights bestiary and plan/theorize ahead.

8SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Sat May 11, 2024 8:29 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>nice thinking
In theory.

>treated differently
Potential boons.  Depends on RNGesus, but if we're casting with big dick energy anyway, why not?

>Atropos
Among others.  The conveyor in the bog among so many other parts comes to mind (with a stamp on the forehead saying "TS victims").  The REACH is the question.  I'm finding that it is long and high, but NOT infinite in either regard.  Probably half a rampart distance (maybe x5 rolls away) and perhaps a bit more than HJ height.  Can still Return and WB at her while waiting for her to get closer for TS to catch all the mobs alongside her though their natural drop chance might be better than with SoD out (always have to be mindful of this factor *which makes me really want that data from Wright*).

>Lahkesis drops
A few do so along the way, yeah.  For her, it could easily be AotF, Return until downed, TS and repeat (letting her pay for the bill).

>recharged enough
Say less.

>in a week
>2 at most
I'll have some for you shortly.

>Wright's bestiary
Helps to know all one can, but what is MOST relevant (aside from enemy HP and such) would be the orb payouts.  That matters a bunch.

Because now is the time:

---

Rhodes Temple:Antechamber

-Get SoD out.  Get cookin'.  Cornered myself and let them line up for LV (x2).  Slightly cheaper than TS.  Never sure about payouts as they can (and often enough will) be zero (not 1 let alone 2).  Then let them amass in larger numbers (more cornering, but with TS). Repeat.

Rhodes Temple:Hall

-Go to end of hall (pulling), then retreat back to have everyone ahead (TS)

Colossus 1

-Unnecessary to try so hard (with refill incoming), but still.  Rushed to ledge.  Leap above to TS punish while the hand slam whiffs below.  Want to get him and his boys (it reaches AT LEAST as far down as MotK, so don't sweat it *also reaches a bit behind us*).  Leap down (maybe ledge hang to delay).  Drop before he'll attack next.  Could TS trick.  Could go back above (he whiffs) and TS punish again.  Whatever. Repeat (early boulder toss if you can by being near the R1 prompt during the third break).

Rhodes' Bathhouse

-Pull everyone near the ladder leading ahead, get them ahead of you (by it as you face it) for TS so it kills them and the dude's ahead (more chances at RNG rolls).

Colossus 2

-Lazy TS spam is all you need.

Rhodes Palace:Hallways

-Ignore the archers.  TS around the corner to kill everyone before entering the room.

-TS before going around the corner for the hall to kill everyone in it

-Go up the elevator and slap the Colossus in the eye (I went with AS into UR spam since I ain't wasting MP like that)

Rhodes Palace:Western Ramparts

-I don't care enough to make sure all possible kills happen.  This is too high for TS to get from below, so climb above, move ahead, aim for an archer in the back and TS.  Then rush ahead to the door.

-Kick it open.  TS (freeaim when away from valid targets via camera).

Rhodes Palace:Eastern Ramparts

-UR the glass (let the invisible wall go away).  Leap below.  Rush (with BoA out) into position below the archers while heading to the background left.  Air block up there.  Get out SoD.  Position such that your TS will blast everyone.  Angled to the foreground, but a bit to the right passing over the lad(s) below.

-Drop down the hole.  TS since we don't need to care (or even use the chest, really).

Colossus 3

Stage 1 - TS downtime is a bit long for my liking here.  Go ahead and ignore the opening fissure and go to the BoO.  LV trick his attack then LV again.  Loop that for stagger.

Stage 2 - LV trick his attack then spam x2 more.

Stage 3 - Same as S2.  Refills go hard.

Stage 4 - Tossing the hand is valid (could spam WB to be efficient, but why bother)

Inside the Colossus

-TS

(Shaft 1) Break it and navigate ahead
(Shaft 2) Break it and navigate ahead
-(Shaft 3) Break it
-(Puzzle) ...
-(Shaft 4) Break it and escape

Zeus

-Get killed

Hades

-The run doesn't really apply (and my settings different from yours, so you should be spamming throws, while I should be spamming lights)

Pegasus 1

-Same note here (you go for collisions, I go for heavies)

PATTERN: D, L, U

-Restart because I don't want to take L's more than I have to (and you definitely don't).  Killing some birbs along the way should help pretty you up real presentable like.

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern

-The birbs absolutely will NOT give MP here.  I think I'll leave them for later rather than bothering to attempt anything with pulling them to the wall so they get caught up in TS with all the rest baited there.  Likewise, it didn't feel like Sentry in traversal will pay out in MP at all (though off the wall still worked).

NOTE: I forgot I could do a trick with UR (lay bomb), restart and have it go off where I left it.  Funny.

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern:Walls

-You'll probably want to do a lot the usual with throws and gap crossing when not rushing ahead as best you can (versus pulling them to the start/end for mass TS).  I opted to rush the finish (get that checkpoint so I can restart until I get RNG rolls I agree with).

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern:Hallway A

-TS my pursuers (getting lots of drops).  Make a checkpoint.  Move ahead.  Could be efficient with a quick LV to catch the harpies (insta-kill if done right) and launching the bull (then juggle as it hits the ground using paced WB).  This is for efficiency.  Screw that.  We ball (TS then WB until the bull dies).  I roll for x2 orb drops from it until I get my way.  Make another checkpoint and proceed.

Mount Etna:Mountainside A

-The only TB option that bust the scaffolding is WB.  I'm avoiding CR in my run since mine will be stronger than yours by a lot (for the explosion).  Likewise, I choose not to go into the room, lay UR, restart and have it explode scaffolding before things start (working both a notable bug for cheese and my P% getting flexed).  No, hiding behind cover top-left then using TS going right to clear archers does well while bringing the bull to "O".  For me, I just attack the scaffolding (as with UR).  You can just let FF do its things as with arrow explosions.  Letting another wave of archers and bulls spawn is fine since RNG favors it.  TS to get the bulls to "O" while clearing the archers away again (ideally weaken each scaffolding to the limit before clearing this one out).  LV can clean up the bulls (lined up).

Mount Etna:Fires of Olympus

-get Prometheus down (went with t1,t2 then UR as he fell so the bomb blows his face off)

Mount Etna:Mountainside B

-No infinite MP chest yet.  Get near the wall to pull the lads.  Get them away from the wall, get on it and rush to the save to make a checkpoint for exploiting RNG.  TS until good results for orb drops.  If needed, get on the wall to pull the lads back.  TS them when OFF the wall.  Checkpoint when things go well.

-Get them off the wall, then TS (when going well).

Mount Etna:Typhon's Cavern

-LV then WB juggles on-landing for "O" (OS kill for big MP returns).  Can't keep the girls at "O", so either stop shy for later or just do it later.  Savepoint is there to exploit.  Can let them shatter their allies as ever.  Then LV juggle the gorgons when lined up for "O" and grab.  Really, better to leave them for later (then grab them).

-Could pull to the start for a boundary, but really better to rush ahead (even if you have to block while doing it).  Could even just TS go to the next save spot and repeat.  Need to actually hit the destructible (often the case).  I just went with UR (didn't feel like using WB).  TS on Typhon (it works).

-Can't reach the archers in the background here at all with anything save WB and a few hits of CWB when close.  So get cover, TS the Sentries away then WB as usual.  No real point to ice chests in this run, so blow it off (they're infinite unless you melt the thing which would be a pain with just our spells as we are even with the regen).

Mount Etna:Fires of Olympus

-Shoot down Prometheus (1 for the scaffolding, 4 for him)

-Rush the chest, TS, open and repeat until done.  They got nothin'.

-(rope) Rush ahead, stop shy, double back fast, line up, TS and refresh (infinite MP chest).

Mount Etna:Mountainside A

-RotT the door (flick it on during s4 or t2 since it is only about hit count in a row)

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern:Hallway B

-TS

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern:Hallway A

-checkpoint, TS and repeat while getting good drops

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern:Wall

-Rush by them (this time I just went with blocking the gap *straight up hatin'*).  TS the birbs.  Then again.  Got regen ahead, so whatever

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern

-Free Pegasus (slap away)

Pegasus 2

-TB during this isn't stellar.  It will make it harder.  You know what to do.  Still, if you want to sample, you will find that arrows with an open next to you will make it just do lights instead.  With harpies, you can rush ahead, they will move further ahead still and you can shoot them again (and repeat).  You can shoot griffins, but it isn't ideal.  Roc doesn't have to care.  Slip 'em while you can (side dash trick).

-(Dark Rider) Treat it like a race

PATTERN: L, D, R, U, L

Temple of Lahkesis:Cliff 2

-The unmarked chest has MP, but you shouldn't need it.  TS then LV then while bunched up.

Temple of Lahkesis:Hanging Garden

-TS the trio.  Pull the entirety to the starting high ground. TS them all at once.

Temple of Lahkesis:Cerberus Courtyard

-Fancy strats weren't worth the trouble.  Easier to just TS when dogs are around it, WB spam and use "O" when presented.  You'll have good collisions, so maybe just use the dogs for that?  Your call.  Chest is there for full refill.  Go crazy.

-(Chest) Got the checkpoint.  Touched the chest to pull dog spawns, then TS.  Restart unless I get JACKPOT (x2 from both).  Make another checkpoint.

-(Ceiling) Trigger first wave, retreat, drop when safe, pull them down, TS with good results, make checkpoint and repeat strat for final wave before another checkpoint is made.

-(Platform/Ledge/Chest Garden) Line up TS to hit dogs and archers.  Then TS the dog respawns.  The archer/sentry set-up got one-shot by TS to my surprise.  I suppose I had it lined up well.  Was originally intended TS up along one side then the other.  Didn't even need the MP chests.

Temple of Lahkesis:Siren Sacrifice

-Could cheese from above with WB, but no need.  Just LV then juggle the loner with WB.  Their OS kill is worth the full bar.  Kills with SoD out will limit the other, but it doesn't matter.  If x2 (doesn't have to be you would find), then LV both to TS to x2 LV.  Grab either.  Repeat.  Still no need for chests.

Steeds of Time:Saddle 4:Exterior

NOTE: Horse order (behind; left to right) yellow, green, red (Saddle 3), blue (Saddle 4)

Theseus

S1:P1/S1:P2 - This was unexpected.  Was disappointed I didn't really have a good spell way to provoke his counters or send him flying, but WB makes him REALLY want to run in and ALWAYS does the single thrust.  The strat became WB (to start things off), TB trick into x2 WB and loop the whole of S1.  His drops going into S2 full refill.

S2:P1 - Fight's a total joke.  We have too much MP reserves, so none of this matters.  Sure it is neat that LV hits him really easily (twice) for no good reason, but we can just shoot him and ignore his help (they can't chase fast unless he orders it *we keep shooting*).  I had a run with AS landed as he was going into S2P1 and it landed the bomb as he started this part (it counted).  Didn't even need that for this to be true.  IF you get the lock (easy) and the follow-up (not so easy)?  He doesn't even get to attack in S2.  Not a single SEM wave.  I thought we would use TS to LV then some WB for "O" (full refill and and then wash him).  Nope.  Unnecessary.

S2:P2 - Eats shit (lol *lmao*)

M1 - ???

Steeds of Time:Saddle 3:Interior:CR Trial

-(CR trial) TS spam

Steeds of Time:Bridle Puzzle

-Do it (TS the birbs since chest incoming)

Steeds of Time:Saddle 3:Exterior

-No need at all for chests still.  TS the group while tight, LV FG when at "O" to finish them.  TS the bulls then LV for "O".  Leave for refill after blasting the rest dead.

-Checkpoint.  Just WB spam for "O", grab, release then x3 WB for the kill (get good RNG to refill).

Temple of Lahkesis:Divine Pools

-They don't give orbs.  TS the first trio.  Skip the next.  Pull it to the other trio.  Line them up for TS.  Go above to an unmarked chest.  It has MP, baby.  Still not using refresh chests.  Replenishment?  Not required.
-navigate to the Amulet
-do the puzzle and press on (head through the window)

Temple of Lahkesis:Amulet Chamber

-Escape

Temple of Lahkesis:Courtyard

-AotF to x2 TS then WB each (weakened enough so OS is OS kill for refills).  Obvious you want to keep this up with time slow to make things easy and TS to clear the bugs (don't think they dropped the goods, either *not great for spiked chamber, but we are allowed chests when the time comes, so meh*).  Feels like fliers are just going to rob us blind though I wonder if killing them on the ground would change our stars any (different states can help *you never know*).  TS doesn't destroy the head, so just beat it up when ready to go.

Destiny's Atrium

-Recovery was too good for me to really need to think much.  Just TS to clear opening pigs and recover lost MP while harming the cyclops, pull it away from the others (exit barrier), WB from sweet spot corner, TS when pigs get close, use "O" when available, try to DMG kill (for MP), focus on TS for x2 cyclops (after clearing boards, too).  Didn't even need the chest mid-fight.  Refill pre-BK makes chests unnecessary.

NOTE: Left the corpses hanging as they CAN be used for MP drops.

Bog of the Forgotten

Barbarian King

S1 - LV and TS are hitting more than they should for some reason (and LV is still hitting way early in a funky way).  Still wanted to meme it up with CWB in CQC for the fused goodness (really unnecessary with TS doing such work *and his breakpoints drop MP that refill us aside from transition to S2*).

S2 - TS to clear each wave all at once.

S3 - Need to be more cost efficient.  Shame we're not doing AS (and UR) focus yet.  Anyway, just keep landing WB.  Easy to whiff, so take care.  Ass strats work better with higher aggro.

S4 - Just hang back (or trick in CQC) and WB his face off for "O".  Just barely cuts it if you ain't whiff, missing, etc.

-TS the trio (and respawn).

NOTE: This skelly corpse not so much (no MP).

Bog of the Forgotten:Path to the Bog

-TS the boards with good RNG.

Bog of the Forgotten:Temple of Euryale

-Get Euryale's Key

-TS the BL trio.  Then again.  TS respawn.  Think I finished with LV.  Full MP again.  Neat.

-TS is enough to bypass skellies wholesale.  Exit boundary helps for the final bunch.

Ruins of the Forgotten

-For you?  Probably keep distance into tricking or other i-frames to forced taunt, get in CWB (close) to insta-kill the rider.  Go to sweet spot (raised ground near exit barrier *not entry*) for cyclops.  WB chip for "O".  Just use it (not worth the rest of the MP to finish him).  TS away the BLs.  Get the chest (because we're RICH)

Ruins of the Forgotten:Hallway

-Could have done this side path with all the Sentry after setting up the Wraiths in the pit (firing through the bars towards said pit), but meh.  Just blasted them away with TS all at once.

Ruins of the Forgotten:Pit

-Drop in the pit to usher in wraiths.  Leap back out.  TS x2 on Wraiths.  Then WB each.  OS kills.  Repeat (bugs can't take it).  UR the formation away (since our primary tool ain't working for these things)

Ruins of the Forgotten:Bog Battle

-TS

-(Pillars) TS, crush pillars before respawn, TS again

Ruins of the Forgotten:Forgotten Chamber

-TS doesn't work on the vine.  x3 WB does the trick.  Unmarked chest up there (for MP).  Didn't need it.  UR through the bars (didn't pull lever yet). TS through it.  Pull lever after they die.
-Puzzle

River of the Forgotten

-Stranding still works (yep, yep, yep).  UR could work, too.  Anyway, just TS and move along.

Titan Minotaur 1

-WB spam for "O" and use it (you can't get MP from this foe type).  Get the chest.

River of the Forgotten:Euryale's Guantlet

-Pull down the tree

-(Vine) Leap above, see first two, retreat, let them meet you on the ground and TS.  Can't help what comes next sadly.  Don't think TS and rushing the rope is fast enough.  Had to quickly go for the guy blocking the way, grab him and rush to the end (drop).  Let everyone get off the rope.  TS.  As expected, the obstacle ahead doesn't care for our gimmick.  Forgot to test SoD options.  Oh, well.

-(Gears) Use Amulet and cross.

-(Conveyor) Can just let the first two spawn pools die and drop us MP.  Rush beyond them and trigger the final wave, TS it from beyond the hazard (beams) until they are gone, retreat to the start and let the crusher do the rest.

NOTE: I forgot TS as we turn to a statue will kill us.

Ruins of the Forgotten

-Do the puzzle, navigate ahead

Cave of the Forgotten

-Talk to the corpse
-LV into WB juggle (on-landing death bounce).  Could probably angle LV into the crusher if not WB follow-ups or SoD strikes, but whatever.  There is an unmarked chest around the corner.  Also a real one.
-Proceed with the corpse

9SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Sun May 12, 2024 1:18 pm

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Oh yes. I have material to use for 1 or 2 chapters from you already. Seems we are on the same page about using as much magic as possible. And use only magic when possible (aside from grabs).

Note: This is way too much fun so far. I love runs like these

10SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Sun May 12, 2024 8:04 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>same page
So it would seem, yes.  Slightly different runs, but I'm trying to keep within the bounds set (letting you vary as you see fit).

>enjoy this sort of wetwork
Not sure why I couldn't get Zesty on-board even if it was just the version I'm doing now.  Not liek he's not used to memes.

>1-2 chapters
But wait (there's more).  I'm not done yet.

While I evaluate and test:

---

Cave of the Forgotten:Coliseum

Cerberus Bastard

Stage 1 - No way to get orbs.  200 units even with 3MP per shot.  66 shots.  That's 330DMG.  My dude has around 601HP.  NGMI.  LV and TS aren't doing bonus hits with this one.  Even IF they were, the case would be 13 casts of LV for 520DMG.  Then what?  Maybe a WB into CWB?  MUCH closer, but not quite enough.  Lower aggro could be throwing this off a bit.  Hanging back and pacing shots can somewhat stagger lock.  If it uses flamethrower or fireballs, easily spaced.  If it charges, not hard to outrun, leap over or just weave (run right at him, then around him to make it whiff and keep on the way you were going) like a 'chicken'.  WB on the barking just provoked.  Would need bigger moves to make him backpedal, but ultimately futile.  No way to send his stuff back, parrying it won't release orbs, using the trap him on the dork doesn't hurt him (nor release orbs), etc.  Sucks.  With CR, 13.2MP per cast for a MAX of 35.5 for you.  15 casts for a potential of 532.5.  Still not enough.  For me?  It would be 720DMG potential.  I'd be covered.

Forgot to test that, so I'd imagine he hops around a lot during this.  I don't imagine any opening is long enough for x3 casting (even x2 is pushing it).  Not even sure if he'll react like how you want when baiting the taunt.  COULD be the case you want to bait the charge, box roll until it runs out, plant a charge (multiple possibly if it reacts with stagger into backpedal).  This would be the ideal.  Still going to waste some efficiency at the transition into S2.  IF he just runs at you or side hops around, then abandon this.  Better to bait triple fireballs and drop orbs.  Only MAYBE weave his headbutt or double slaps (possibly CR trick punish).  Your call.  Ultimately, you WILL have to resort to SoD.  I have showings for the normals and PS.  As for UR and AS, not much to imagine in terms of openings.  Meh.  Bit of a wash this one.  Can't quite cut it even like this thanks to nothing to feed off (not even adds).

Stage 2 - ...

Cave of the Forgotten

-Just Return and shatter.  Not practical to leave them at or near "O" to use later as chests.  Got chests for that, anyway.  No need for even more TS/LV stuff to get OS kill.

Bog of the Forgotten:Temple of Euryale

-Destroy the Gorgon Door

Euryale's Temple:Antechamber

-Open the door and skip this fight (for now).  After the next, come back to pull them into the entry boundary (accounting for everyone).  TS.  Cooldown.  TS.  Move along.

Euryale's Temple:Underground Chamber

-Let everyone get out of statue state.  Run around as need be.  Probably better to WB chip the HM for more cost efficiency (if not CR when it is isolated).  Really, just TS (wait and do it again).  Enough CL will die to trigger another HM.  With no more little fellas, line up and LV until down to one (WB it to death *if not CR*).

Euryale's Temple:Elevator Puzzle

-Skipped for a moment.  Brought the Captain down here (Revenge).  Got on the first lift and TS'd across the way to catch all the firebugs (even had drops to my surprise in one attempt, so it may just be super rare).  This to weaken the Cap while killing them off.  Still not great.  Don't need the chest, really.

Euryale's Temple:Lowland Vista

Euryale's Temple:Temple Hazards

-Navigate through

Euryale's Chamber

Euryale

Stage 1 - LV trick/punish.  Return her GS (MP and even HP).  S2 transition also gives MP.

Stage 2 - Still no double hit, but whatever.  Return on her orbs either does nothing or an actual Return.  No orbs.  Transition to S2P2 gives all you need.  If she is on the left pillar, move to the foreground just left of the right pillar.  Her GB cannot land here.  Just LV spam.  LV trick her 'scan'.  If she is on the right pillar, be just ahead of the pillar clockwise in the rotation (same concept) for this strategy.

Stage 3 - Could probably TS here during sweet spot, but whatever.  I'm not confident enough in my tricking for rage pounds.  Went with LV to roll so long as she did it.  You can return her GB here, but it won't always pay out.  Still a method for refresh (you won't even really need).

Euryale's Chamber:EH Trial

-Petrify and crush 5 Sentries (GR to LV/TS)

Euryale's Temple:Pillar Puzzle

-(Center Pillar Battle) HJ won't give MP.  Just zone, WB until it closes the gap, evade away and repeat (WB during breaks).  OS kill.  AotF makes this easier still.  For you, CR will be more cost effective.  With Fiends, you want to TS for mass-kills (if not CR).  When left alone with Juggs, you know what to do.

Euryale's Temple:Stone Crusher

-Enough MP left to TS the dogs for refills.  When down to x2, just TS some more until you can leave.

Euryale's Temple:Cavern

Titan Minotaur 2

-Birbs ain't giving us a dime, but we've got an MP chest to work.  Can just TS to clear the air (and harm TM2 *if not CR*) then WB focus him.  Keep this up until down to the last TS cast or use sleep spot.  Either way, refresh and keep it up for "O" (and use that).

Catacombs of the Fallen

-As with LOTS of foes, you can potentially leave them around to kill later in mass with TS for refills, but whatever.  I just blasted them after waking the horde.

Destiny's Atrium

-Break the door

Island of Creation:Walkway

-TS the first archers while getting a good payout (I got a roll of 2s/1l and 2s *no second large nor x2 from one*).  Rush ahead and TS near the trio across the gap.  Defend.  TS barely reaches (on delay).  I just used Revenge for RO on the cap.  Cross and TS the archers.  RO cap in the same fashion.

NOTE: Saw a RO kill give MP once.

Courtyard of Atropos

-Work the checkpoint.  Bunch them up (exit boundary for me).  TS, turtle and repeat (until three twisters set-up full refills galore).  Again, COULD leave them around and come back for later.  So many chests, I can't be bothered right now.  The lone one got x33 WB then OS kill (they can't really fight back against this).

Halls of Atropos (lower)

-(Priests/Minotaur Grunts) x2 TS catching both then OS kill the Priest.  That's the basic idea for what comes next, too.  Not much thought needed in all this.

-Saved them for last.  On clean up, pulled the horde (with the respawned jump-in boys) to the entry boundary (ladder) and back to the chest.  TS.  Get refill.  Back to ladder.  TS.

-(2 Satyrs) x4 TS (spaced to get both).  OS kill (to save MP).

Hall of Atropos (upper)

-(Exterior) Really wish I had those wraiths to use as chests about now.  Whatever.  Rush the left to trigger spawn of other spawn pool.  Hop down from broken bridge.  Checkpoint.  TS across at them.  Probably could have finessed to have TS hit the remainder while doing the next part.  Meh.

-(Interior) Opened entry and used WB to pull the HJ in close.  Really, you will want to CR them.  I went with TS.  "O" when available.  WB as much as I can before CWB (last shot) on HJ.  Get refill (backtrack to be silly).  WB for "O".

-navigate

-(Root 1) Dabbled in an efficiency strat for 1v1 with TB.  Pulled the first alone for x10 WB, "O" and x2 grab heavy slashes, let it time out and WB (rolling for good drops).  Then the other.  And the next spawn pool the same way.
-(Root 2) TS.  WB what remains.
-(Root 3) x2 TS.  If a remainder exists (unlikely), WB.  Chest ahead.  May as well.  Can't leave 'em forever.

Bathouse of Atropos

Perseus

Stage 1 - Sort of seems like two openings for magic (TB, anyway).  CWB jobs.  LV, TS and WB can hit.  LV had a brief lock if timed at the start (when lock-on can appear).  Not lasting, so whatever.  That CAN be an early hit.  x3 TS is all it takes.  Return on his slings counts, so that can be worked, too.  It is SUPER tedious, but you CAN just run away from charge 6.6s (3 rolls away if space enough) and WB him in the face.  Takes a bit of feel, but isn't hard.  Just one per punish.  That means 30 reps of this for 90MP (to deal 150DMG).  That takes time.  Or spend 105MP and be done in two reps (plus the opener).  I'm going with the fast route this time.  See where it takes me.

NOTE: Altering will only work on-hit for his transition from what I'm seeing.  Most hits with hit properties (and even some multi-hits) landing will stop his antics (including charge) where SoD is concerned.  Even AS and UR do good work (PS can work, but it is hard to precisely aim on his invisible self *though possible*).

Stage 2 - Before pulling that break.  He blocks when in neutral now.  He cannot block while attacking saving during Sling (don't even try *not even Return works*).  He can block even TS (don't think he won't).  You need to land it, LV or WB (not CWB) while he is stuck in an attack (not moonwalking or neutral).  It can work only then.  Sadly, even with MAX theoretical efficiency using TB, I would need another 90MP here (now spending 180 leaving 20MP so 6 shots).  HOWEVER, I have non-weapon options still (just not spells).  No MP recovery in-sight.  Pity.  Anyway, I'll focus on WB for this part (after TS in the last).  Should be enough to get to S3.

If he dives?  Block/trick/slip and punish (x1 WB).  We're mostly keeping him at gunpoint while working mid-range (just outside a slash) and moving away while keeping him in the center to give more time to react to attempts to use SOLAR FLARE.  If he slashes?  1-3 WB (depends on your reaction for punishment).  If he Thrusts?  Same.  He can't do flurry like this.  If he tries to Sling, false OS to stop it and back away.  If he goes for Flash (moonwalking to a light source)?  You can time shots to hit 1-3 times just as he stops to do the attack.  Take the hit (FGC would be so proud), shake free, trot away and whiff punish (1-3 WB).  That's it.  You'll be about out of MP.

Stage 3 - For this?  False OS shoves him like ML in GoW1.  Push him into walls for 10DMG over and over.  If he goes for Flash, move to the wall (let him whiff or block it and reposition to have his back where you want him to go then shove *and hope he doesn't moonwalk out of it to waste time*.  If he slings, shove it.  Return will result in the same thing.  IF we had MP we could do better punishes (while he's stuck as before or during wall splat), but it is what it is.  So 15 bullying sessions to end this without just using the spear.  Shame as CR would do a great job pushing him into the wall.

Stage 4 - Move to about the position where there is a clear line of radiance drawn on the ground before you would reach him (visible "L" in of dark/light on the floor).  That's far enough that when he flashes (if you don't bother to air trick) you can shake free with time to parry.  The split probably isn't going to land so you can use it, but the multi is reliable for at 2-3 punishes as I recall.  Just keep at it until he drops.  If you had enough MP left for a single WB, use CWB to be a hater.  Closer is better, remember.

NOTE: The thing with lesser boss refills is a factor for me on E Athena, not sure if it will be for you with the SAINT mod.  Could be tie to the 25% MP cost reduction (that also affects HPotF drain DMG on us, supposedly).

Courtyard of Atropos

-Do the puzzle and press on.

Lowlands:Exterior Hallway

-Went around the corner after passing them to have the two off-screen for TS (didn't seem to reach across the gap well, so this was better)

Lowlands:SoD Trial

-Stay near where we get SoD.  Move slightly away to AotF then line up a shot up-left (opposite side from us) to blast them all after waiting for the late spawner (near this location) to start coming in.  Repeat once more to finish this

Lowlands:Bridge

-Get across

Lowlands:Crossing

-Cross it

NOTE: Stopped here for the memes. And this is for next time (on Dragon Ball Z):

Last edited by GodModeGOD on Sun May 12, 2024 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I did it for The Rock.)

11SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Mon May 13, 2024 2:43 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Lowlands:Caves

-(Fight 1) Thought I would have to plan, but not so much.  So, SoD does cheat you since Siren payout is way better with normal DMG kill (and OS kill).  You CAN get an MP orb from the HM (just not likely).  Their OS kill is WAY better for us, however.  The basic idea for lazy handling (don't even bother putting SoD away) is to self-corner so x2 sirens (don't worry about spawn order) are lined up.  TS.  Wait on cooldown TS again.  "O"?  Could save with LV.  Why bother?  TS again.  When the next wave turns up (HM and siren).  Wait for the second HM.  Play keep away.  Self-corner to get all three.  TS.  Side-switch and do it again.  Grab whom you like (starting with the siren since that is a time sensitive dizzy rather than a wander).  Can TS the rest away, but makes more sense (if one is not at "O") to WB a straggler to the desired state.  Grab away.  Very easy with mixes of casts to get full MP going into W2.

-(Fight 2) No need to rush.  Feel free to bide your time with non-MP spending options.  Don't have a launcher as such yet, so that will have to wait (soon).  Can just OS DMG the goat until others show up.  When they do, self-corner to TS all.  Three sessions will bring the Juggs to "O" (just use it).  This leaves the goat(s) alone for OS until dead if you like (or use spells).  Got a chest you don't really need, too.  With CR and EH, you can do even better for efficiency.  The OS kill of Satyrs doesn't afford us MP, so it is more if you need a heal.

Great Chasm

Icarus

Atlas:Face

-Could (and should) invoke magical alternatives (even if from weapons) and throws, but let's keep pure.  Testing showed I could easily pull them to walls (not the ceiling) for landing heavies (explosion reaching a fair bit away from the wall 'behind' us).  They get stuck easy.  Can't lead them to the next section (with another pair of blazing birdies).  The bats aren't cooperative.  Hate to waste the MP, but it is what it is.  Let's see how purity goes.  Can't trust LV like that, so TS to insta-kill.  Line them up for a twofer.  Same for the next pair.  Don't let them get close as they can change sides forcing you to aim away (and if the other isn't near enough it will live *aggravating*).

Testing also showed I could go to the first hanging platform and use souls to reach them, but not shockwaves (very slow process of chip).  Possible to glide towards the ear and fall to the savepoint (not the upper platform).  When getting on the first I found the second triggered the harpy AI.  Couldn't reach them with TS while they were flapping.  Didn't want to WB snipe.  Wouldn't aggro anyway.  If you fly to the second and land on it, they will come.  You can go to around the 4:30 marker (12 hour clock) and fly back to the previous.  From there, with the AI aggro'd, it wasn't hard to TS across (souls also reached for the record though it was tight).  If you went to the third, they didn't follow like I expected they would.  Also, if you land on the ledge hang (never on the surface), they won't aggro at all.  You can shimmy and backleap into glide to the third platform.

Atlas Innards:Spine Chamber

-Having used up two casts, I didn't have quite enough to finish the job here (even without bomber i-frames saving the angy bois).  Obviously you would want to TS until it is done (at least for the birds) while wearing down the goat.  Can grab it to death (OS kill still doesn't give MP back).  IA into air OS presents an option.  Just that these kills aren't giving the MP I want.  I've got a chest, but I'd rather have full MP going into TM3.  I got cute by letting their FF (since TS didn't work) hit the spines to free up the block.  TS blasted them away, pull on it a bit.  TS again to repeat (getting enough to get on it).  Again to get behind it.  I was able to grab things getting too close to the exit boundary with sense (tear wings off, struggle snuggle a sinister sheep and all that).

Atlas Innards:Battle Arena

Titan Minotaur 3

Stage 1 - S1 skip.  IO to set him off with a relic rather than a weapon (or using MP).  Has MP drops for S2 transition.  Could just use MP for the hit.  Noted.  Even WB does the trick (though if you TS trick the first rock from far away and quickly go over the gap and back he will shuffle before it hits).  The recovery is more than enough, but this just makes things harder.  Close in so he pounds further away from the wall.

Stage 2 - S2 stuff.  More trouble than it is worth to keep up, maybe.

Stage 3 - S3 control.  Even with 65 WB into CWB it wouldn't be enough.  Still got IO (and IA).  It would require a fair few flaps on the lad if sticking to TS.  Wright's notes say IA doesn't benefit from upgrades, but still has P%  Good for me, bad for you.  Unsafe and long move.  IO is faster (so safer) and both scales and upgrades.  Better for BOTH of us.  It will take longer for you than me.  In my case, it will hit for 30 of the needed 15.  Neat.  For you?  11.25.  Not hard to do it just before landing and then again (SJ into it), but the full stop (unlike with air PS) makes it pointless (no recovery cancel).  DJ to IO into another works better (if time enough is there).  I'm going the efficient route as best I can with WB (just won't be that much better if I don't land all my shots and get CWB right).  I need to let him come to me (could open first), cancel his attack as he gets in (gap again), punish his waddle of shame, cancel him (gap) before the rock toss gets off.  He closes in to loop this.  Worked a charm.  Not even sure my IO was needed.  He refilled me from 0 to seemingly 150MP or so.  That should be alright.  We'll see.

Atlas Innards:Puzzle Room

-Navigate ahead (IO rather than spear to hit things now)

NOTE: Saved the unmarked chest (in a pair before the save point).  Can backtrack to it for MP (full refill by the way).  I feel like I have enough MP for things ahead.  We'll see.  I want to see I can't use it for before Atlas Lift (top off if needed).

Atlas Innards:Hades Nymph Hive Chamber

-Non-WB can't harm hives.  WB can work, but it has to be in the room with them to land (and count).  Grab would be great for you (IF you can make it go where you want *enjoy*).  For me, the EP% scaling means it isn't great.  I'd rather not waste MP doing it this way.  I also don't want to flock off (IW carry).  Or go throw heavy.  If getting cute, you can bust the central hive at the start, get atop it and glide along the traversal wall to trigger their "GET DOWN HER" AI (all will fire quickly even from off-screen).  Air block this and try to have them hit the hive left of said platform.  Repeat until it breaks.  For me, it isn't as strong as it could be owing to EP%.  For you, it should scale to do better (just that if it hits you, it will hurt all the more).  FF strats are one way to consider.  Central is 50HP (10 shots of TB) and the four lessers are each 35HP (7 shots).  114MP in theory (with no wasted shots).

That SHOULD be doable IF you want to go that route.  You can't just (R) to select hives.  Easier if NEAR it and nothing else is priority.  DO NOT fire when point blank (it won't count).  Give a bit of room.  Hitting the central one is tough from the ground in general.  Air shots are much easier (spam away).  Just that they can get in the way (even ignoring the lock-on priority).  I did a mix since I didn't want to go without casting if I could help it.  Went above and beyond just a little by dropping from the ceiling into air WB spam to blow up the obstacle (unnecessary) versus ceiling strikes.  Didn't need the MP chest in the end (nor the bonus one kept as insurance).

Atlas Innards:Climbing Section

-You CAN lead them to the first ceiling hole (neither chest matters to us).  Give them the slip.  I went all the way to the start to do that.  Broke the obstacle (had to use melee to this end) to open the hole.  The second you drop on the platform an invisible wall goes up.  You CAN dump the lads into this and they just sit there looking sad. The checkpoint was too good to pass on, so I rerolled (restarts) until they gave me a good dice roll during x4 Sentry slaughter (with TS).  Full refill, baby.

Atlas Innards:Puzzle Room

-Use the Thermal Draft to exit

Atlas:Hanging Platforms

-(Atlas Lift) Birbs can't be counted on.  YOU can use EH (or CR), but not me.  200HP means 4 casts to kill (their OS won't give me MP, but if it ends the fight that's acceptable given what comes next).  I only have 5 casts for sure (aside from RNG drops from Caps).  That Math don't seem too promising to me.  I might want to work some AR, IA, IO, OH, alt.OH and air OS in there.  It is hard to say how things will be for you resorting to such strategem should you run out of MP (you probably won't since you'll make good use of other spell options).  In the end I start by gliding NOT to the center of the arena.  Let the visual cue play out.  Your aggro is different, so hard to say how it will be for you in what comes next.  Take off SoD, IA to air OS.  IF he doesn't go up, air block and reassess (for an opening to try again).  We're just doing DMG and stalling for the other Captain (HL) to spawn.  Then catch everyone in TS.  More IA to air OS.  If at "O", definitely ready to die, so wait for an opening to TS all (including respawns) with SoD on (then take it back off for more of the same).  Keep this up.  Should be able to get by with the MP reserves (even without CR or EH carrying *as they easily can*).

Atlas' Arm:Wall A

-IF you were down to the last drop of MP, you would STILL be Gucci.  Why?  Strats, baybee (yeah *oh, behave*).  Here's the deal.  Cross the gap, pull the trio to the start.  They DO NOT want to go to solid ground.  But you want them to.  Their AI full breaks there (unless you get back on the wall, so they leap to it).  My experience may differ from yours, but getting more than one at a time wasn't happening for me.  I was going to TS them and move along.  Instead, I hit the checkpoint (at the save) like Zesty needs to learn to do, get on the wall long enough to roll the dice.  See actions?  Get back down.  If they swipe, nothing happens.  If they try to grab they will drop down.  Close enough to the floor and it'll dismount.  Get just one and you're good.  Set up checkpoint if afraid you'll mess things up.  Now grab and use 6 circles (slashing him to near death).  Let it time out and checkpoint.  Now you can dice roll with WB (killing) until you get a payout you accept.

Even 1 is fine (not none).  Could get two orbs (even a large, but don't count on it).  Checkpoint. Repeat for the others.  Move ahead, bust two rocks and upon crossing the threshold of the third (as if to pass halfway), slide (passing two new spawns *that I would otherwise want to blow off the whole group, backleap from the wall into grapple and try to get fancy going back to the wall after luring them as high up as I can so I can slide to the start*), cross the gap and do it all again.  Five in total.  With 40MP per orb, it is highly likely you get 200MP back.  Just that you need MP to start this process unless you have SoD out when killing with IA, I suppose.  THAT can also get the ball rolling (in place of the single WB shot).  Just try not to hit the others.  Is all this necessary?  No.  Next up comes a chain you can just hit (I spammed WB *since others didn't work*).  Then MP regen.  Just felt it was a cute bit.

Atlas' Arm:Rock Puzzle

-Do it (read: skip)

Atlas' Arm:Wall B

-Navigate it

Atlas' Arm:Hand

-Break the Chain, resist Atlas' grip

-(AQ trial) Self-corner, TS.  Turtle.  TS to finish off. Repeat until done.

The Great Chasm

-Navigate ahead

13SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Empty Re: SAINT Mod for GoWII (with Kira) Thu May 16, 2024 8:56 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Palace of the Fates:Palace Courtyard A

-(Entrance) Didn't like the feel of TS from one side to the other (horizontally) with lock-on messing with me. Felt better to open with WB (once for each BL) then pulling to the bridge's end before TS (then another) with SoD out for MP returns. Keep this up until BL are gone. Ideally you track the spawn count and finish them with the last TS alongside the Fiend, but it isn't actually necessary. CR could potentially be more cost effective (aside from EH) what with easy of killing this way (if not RO).

Palace of the Fates:Spiked Floor Chamber

-(Spike Room) Without returns, it is dumb to FIGHT unless you memorize the spawn (for air OS antics). Can't recommend. Instead, use FLIGHT. Just before the block reveals, get on a safe tile for TS (if not in the block room itself). I only needed one cast.

NOTE: You CANNOT save the chests back here post TRAN KNEE. This version (at least) opens them for you upon return. Also, I couldn't seem to do the HJ skip of the puzzle ahead. Not sure why. You can borrow from your future self with HJ up to where you blow the horn later, but that is unnecessary.

-Get the Crank

Palace of the Fates:Palace Courtyard B

-Puzzle

East Auditorium:Hallway A

-Navigate

East Auditorium:Hallway B

-Came back for this after W2. I did a small IJ over the exit gate since nobody else wanted to test this. You don't have to, but I wanted to know. If doing it in this order for the checkpoint exploit, you still lose out on the visible HP bar (then need a bigger IJ through the halls to get back), but you can gliding from exit hall to entry hall. If far enough ahead, you could probably (I did not try to do this *should have*) avoid the checkpoint trigger, kill the opps (maybe even open the way ahead including tripping the visual cue before backtracking to it) and then set the checkpoint. When I did kill this bunch I went all the way to the door to TS the whole bunch, then retreated to the hall (just beyond the stairs) for another TS to finish off the weakened FS. This refilled me post-W3. The point of this alternative order was to have a checkpoint that didn't require HJ stuff each time W3 was to be attempted. Seems like it would work.

-Get the block

Auditorium of Lahkesis

-(Wave 1) Considered v1, but just went with v2 yet in the open (not even exit boundary). TS. Let dogs respawn and do it again. Not much thought here.

-(Wave 2) Similar. When down to the goat, you can conserve MP if you like, but there isn't a great reason to bother. As ever, CR would do better than me with TB (and EH is better still with GR antics).

-(Wave 3) Early drop into glide just ahead (foreground) and left (sort of behind) the HPotF and quickly casting TS (better not to let him warp, but you do want the summon to start). Keep him lined up such that your TS shot will cover the altar you're protecting (to hit the others). When he dies, be ready to repeat this with another TS such that he whom you lock on to has a good trajectory to hit the whole room (and do this just as summoning succeeds but before warping). Blast them again so they die. Finish off stragglers. Probably don't need a chest until after this (if at all with what comes next).

-Crush his Head, get the key, open the door and head through Hallway C and Hallway A to Palace Courtyard B then use the key on the Ram Door.

West Auditorium:Spiked Wall Hallway

-Probably doesn't require actual thought or effort, but I tried to get both spawn pools at once if only by getting near one trap and aiming where the rest of the horde is (on the other side). TS all the way.

West Auditorium:Garden of the Gods

-Hear yourself, break wall, navigate ledge leading ahead

West Auditorium:Sacrificial Chamber

-Could just pull to one side or other (if not Revenge/IO) then x1 TS into LV into WB spam or whatever for "O". Maybe even false OS into GF (5s break-out) as set-up. Possibly get cute with x2 LV for a double launch (super high for more time) if not into false OS or another LV (or WB or some such). I went with CWB. Just that. Doing this as they spawn while you're at either lever pushes them towards a side while keeping them busy long enough IF you are fast to pull the lever right after releasing (and before they can pick an armor move).

West Auditorium:Blood Tunnel Chamber

-Navigate it.

West Auditorium:Iced Phoenix Puzzle

-Do the puzzle and proceed.

NOTE: There is an MP chest. It takes x3 use of the trap to kill, so have SoD out for payment if going this route. Maybe x2 blast each to have them primed before setting off the checkpoint ahead? There is an unmarked chest, but this one is RP (not MP), so it is useless to us.

West Auditorium:Nymph Nest Chamber

-Same issues as before, but worse. I didn't ever get the feeling my IO could hit the air hives at all. And the rapid spawns while so far away didn't really let me get times to backleap off the wall into free aim (since you CANNOT target the hives here even without firebugs around). Their FF didn't seem to work on the hives either (rigging). Could toss them into the lower one, I suppose. I didn't seem able to just easily get a bug on the side opposite a hive so I could shoot into my actual target. It would take 8 shots per hive owing to the 40HP these particular cases have. I didn't want to resort to melee slaps even for the ceiling. The floor was easily done with just IA/IO if I wanted. In the end, I have to recommend CR. It easily handles this, frankly. For ceiling, drop into air CR. Simple. It is possible you could pull a stunt like IA with them grouped up into GR while downed (just holding them still for a bit while you try for the hives above), but it would be a lot of work even if it could work.

West Auditorium:Pantheon of Atropos

-Not much thought needed. As discussed before. Allowing birthing (just not maturing). Keep everyone lined up. Feel free to use OS DMG. Not OS kill. Maybe sneak in a safe false OS or IA or even IO (if not Revenge *or Return*). Whatever. Still want to make good use of the x2 CB replacement spawns (CB3 and CB4) alongside FJ1 and FJ2. Just TS carrying the day. I didn't opt to go for DMG kill so much as lazily use "O" on them when it came to me.

NOTE: Unmarked chest ahead is an MP type.

West Auditorium:Fate Statue Puzzle

-Do it

Auditorium of Atropos

-Save the Translator then crush him

-Get Warrior Skull, open door

West Auditorium:Thermal Lift Puzzle

-Do it

Palace of the Fates:Courtyard B

-Cross gap, LV to trigger the rush and let them RO (with SoD out for MP).

The Underground:Bone Crusher

-(Spiked Ceiling Elevator) Could save on MP a bit with LV as the Spike Ceiling nears (TS also works fine).

NOTE: Had a case of one at "O" still alive after TS, that I quickly OS killed just to die and then a second time (with MP drops). Delayed double death if you will.

The Underground:Lava Chamber A:Hallway A

-Let them all get off the rope then TS with SoD out

The Underground:Lava Chamber A:Hallway B

-Just get to the extreme right and TS leftward. Trick as needed. TS again as respawns of FS happen. TS x2 the new GA before LV on both (or just WB each to "O"). Sadly, you CANNOT save a "O" left behind, so if you learn how many shots are just shy of it, beat them up to this point, take one out (for a refill) and leave the other to IO or WB to "O".

NOTE: Sadly, the hidden chest drop spot is not an unmarked type. An MP chest is ahead along with Gift of MP, but I don't think I need either.

The Underground:Lava Chamber A:Hallway C

-Drop down and get behind the archer on the right to TS to the other side (extreme left with other archers). WB shoot the breakable wall during this (can lock-on). TS to clear the respawns. Pull the lever for ease of backtracking if wanting to get these chests or something.

The Underground:Lava Chamber B

-Navigate ahead

Phoenix Chamber:Platform A

-Navigate ahead.

Phoenix Chamber:Platform B

-TS easily trashes the skellies.

Phoenix Chamber:Boreas Puzzle

-You can probably just IA the Cap to land on a spike, pull the lever and break the wall then let spikes do work, but I wanted to use my MP. The plan was to lead the Cap away before IO sends him further away so I can quick roll to the top-left corner of spikes and fire through a gap in the spike rows (visibly leading to the wall). It is tight, but if you experiment you can find where WB works (other versions don't, as usual). Think it was x4 shots. Didn't seem like the Caps killed this way can drop MP. Another option might have been to free them, pull them to where the skellies are and TS the whole lot of them a bunch (for DMG kill and MP drops).

NOTE: You can indeed HJ to the broken stairs leading to UL (they have an entry boundary well before the stairs end aside from pulling them all above to the raised platform elevator *would be easy to TS them*). I'd rather keep these potential sources of MP for later.

Phoenix Chamber:Hallway

-Navigate ahead

Phoenix Chamber:Flame Wall Chamber

-Can't exactly backtrack from here sadly. Likewise the birbs will not drop MP. I'll need chests for not using EH or CR. Got two to work with. MAYBE you could try to lure the opps away, push the block little by little all the way ahead of the lever (keeping up the process until kicking the thing beyond the lowered blockages as to release the other Caps *THEN begin TS tactics at entry boundary for more efficiency if not leaving the moments Caps run out if you see fit*). I just went with lazy strats of TS when they were grouped up from entry boundary (going in and out to pull AI into good groupings) plus IA into air OS on Caps to help whittle them down a bit more without using up MP. Got refill as needed. When Caps run out, then progress (opp strat) so I at least TS birbs with Caps around to help offset cost a bit. Have a whole other chest to work, so this is unnecessary effort.

Phoenix Chamber:Platform B

-Both the savepoint platform and old skelly platform are workable though unnecessary. I just waited until all skellies were up (maybe you don't wish to) then TS everyone. Get the bulls to "O". Probably better to make a checkpoint and OS kill the one that causes the other to spawn before TS into WB antics on the remainder (for "O" and use OS mini-game). I just went with throws when able and the final one was alone (for WB lockdown to "O").

-Pull the lever

Phoenix Chamber:Circular Stairwell

-Found I could hop to the right of the lift and they couldn't go there so gathered up for TS

Phoenix Chamber:Exit Chamber

-Pull the lever

-Use Boreas

Palace of the Fates:Interior A

-Chain

Palace of the Fates:Interior B

-Blow Horn, navigate to door, open it

NOTE: Didn't know post-cutscene it would use up my MP chest (also this is a checkpoint and we don't get one again until just before Last Spartan, which is terrible).

Palace of the Fates:Upper Palace A:Elevator Puzzle

-Can't even use CR to get the chains here, but maybe drop into TB (works on the third one as we go up the lift, anyway). No need to go that far. TS strats.

Palace of the Fates:Upper Palace B

-Use the levers

Palace of the Fates:Upper Palace B:Palace Window

Last Spartan

-Could be lazy and just pull to one side, hop over as he does a 2 string into your TS punish and repeat then let Relic moves finish the job. I went with luring into semi-lock with paced WB before being forced to side-switch. Barely had enough. CR spam should do well for you.

Kraken

-I forget how early body moving works. Meh.

Stage 1 - I tested Souls. They will NOT target the headsore or knobs. Pity. They CAN target tentacle sores. Shame the right (his left) won't drop orbs at all (nor even stay down long). I made use of the latter for another test. SoD's AS can work yet it is iffy. You cannot alter while the limb is up, so favor the right (his left) since it keeps going back down. Proper spacing and timing (bait from semi-sweet spot chances to punish like after his flail). You know when you get it right as he'll actually fully purplize. It'll take less for me with this P% than for use on VH, obviously. This doesn't seem to work for knobs, however. Just headsore (where SoD handling is concerned).

Back to the run proper. IF you let yourself use PR, you can easily blast his face, blast Knob 1, black the face again and even weaken Knob 2 (just that I don't think you can make it on the tentacle in-time for the last case). This aside from PR between tentacles to end S3. All very simple. Without that, TS can easily hit the heat, but doesn't work on the knobs. LV didn't have a bugged interaction to exploit, either. Forgot to test CWB, but be real. WB couldn't target Knob 1 and you can't backleap off the wall once on it. I did find a solution. Before that, you can just stick to Return (slow) or speed it up slightly with WB from rear-center (still not especially fast, but efficient). Takes just a bit of practice to time to not miss anything. Move aside his tentacle slam. You could probably do better by baiting attacks on one side, side-switching just enough into HJ to air CR (and repeat). Might be as efficient and much faster. You'll have to test it.

Knob 1 - Aside from PR, you can work CR here. Just HJ into air CR (do this x3). It breaking while you're not on it isn't a problem. Just climb up quickly and grab. MP drops refill well.

Stage 2 - ...

Knob 2 - Here 2-3 CR was needed depending on placement. The idea is to place them, but quickly get under the tentacle and mount it BEFORE it breaks (or it will withdraw), then rush the chance to grab. This is a little finicky.

Stage 3 - Can just hang near the back (center is probably wiser) and TS down the middle to hit both. x3 and he drops (pull the lever).

-Cross the Bridge

Palace of the Fates:Phoenix Platform

-Tame the beast and ride

Spire:Temple of the Fates:

-Do the puzzle

NOTE: Tried to get slick, but couldn't get around the door with timeslow. No idea how I did in the past.

Temple of the Fates:Throne of Lahkesis

Lahkesis

S1:P1 - AotF for control works well. Not sure if TS/LV punish while downed is good or not. Might be better to just stick to WB spam while she is armoring (unable to counter) as between volleys, 3 string, etc.

S1:P2 - ...

Stage 2 - Same idea. She eventually has to go airborne to finish the fight. Forgot to try air strats with hopping off a grapple into air WB and repeating for usual air lock.

Athens:Sword Bridge

Atropos

-Not sure it is the best idea to go ham with TS (or even LV) here. Perhaps a mix? WB seems best for driving her out of ranged mode. Return is a free option to that end. Means to freely get MP are obvious. Won't need them when using TS in the thick of opps. Let her get in place (near) and go to work (TS, LV and WB). Not much strategy needed. CR would do better, surely.

Temple of the Fates:Throne of Lahkesis

Sisters of Fate

S1:P1 - Drive off Atropos for some 1v1 chipping of Lahkesis (AotF into WB spam for regaining MP then bait 3 string, whiff punish while spacing with WB spam and repeat until she drops). When she does,you can have her break it (on E, I couldn't really count on FF *think you can just fine*). For me, I had to keep Lahkesis on the opposite side of the mirror I wanted to break.

Mirror 1 - If she is on the opposite side, melee would be easy, but if NOT allowing that then WB spam works with her off-screen.

S1:P2 - ...

Mirror 2 - ...

Stage 2 - Can't really work AotF in the same way as before. Just be topped off and dump mana.

-Crush the Mirror

Inner Sanctum:Hallway A

-Navigate ahead

Inner Sanctum:Circular Chamber

-Navigate ahead

Inner Sanctum:Hallway B

-Break through the wall

Inner Sanctum:Endurance Run

Wave 1 - Self-corner and TS (when FJ reach "O", just OS kill). When down to just a lone FJ, you can be a tiny bit more efficient with CQC use of TB's WB straight into Revenge (as it will want to instantly chest-check you unless staggering from a breakpoint *you can shoot it again*). You want enough MP to at least TS in the next bit.

Wave 2 - TS. Then again.

Wave 3 - Here I either baited GS (GB is unlikely) or false OS'd to force GB when safe. x4 WB on a Gorgon if only one lined up (LV if two are lined up). I opted to get rid of the gorgons this way. I can easily enough just TS the sirens while there is two at a time to weaken them before switching gears (if low on HP) to Return, WB or IA into air OS (infinite perhaps). Use OS kill. They're handy for topping off.

Wave 4 - Self-corner TS. Then again.

Wave 5 - IA to air OS opening Satyr (just bidding time). Keep it up until everyone is ready. TS the HM to near "O". WB to get them the rest of the way. OS kill for refill. TS on respawns until just one HM. WB it down to "O". Use it.

Wave 6 - As in W2.

Wave 7 - You can get MP drops from the cyclops. Let them spawn, then TS the horde. Be ready to trick and clear out for another go. Keep at this for "O" if you like, or just wait until more gather for another TS. Not much thought needed. Got an MP chest if you really need it. Go crazy.

NOTE: I was stingy, so I didn't need it. You CAN save this one until you climb to Floor 2. Upon going up there the door remains open, as it happens. There is another MP chest to work at said rope, too.

Clotho

Loom Chamber:Floor 1

-LV has a launch, but it doesn't insta-down the arm. Disappointing. A later finding might have worked on the corpse pile, but I didn't find it soon enough to test here. Oh, well. Seemed immune even to air WB. Just went with DJ towards the pile from high ground into air CR. Then moved the crank after using IA to reset the recovery of the arm. Get on the high ground, wait until it is about to slap (not slam) for gliding over and pulling up. I think it was the case that if you go to F2 then back down the hand registers as downed. I forget.

Loom Chamber:Floor 2

-Flexed with IA (insta-down) into HJ (skip)

Loom Chamber:Floor 3

-This went much better than expected. While the double arm down with LV was very spotty, it did work. I needed DJ into air CR to blow up the corpses above. Except...I found that if you stand just left of the interactible you can IA below it to do DMG. Mine is high enough like this to break the pile instantly. Neat. Not hard to use TS, LV and such to do the usual. I also found that I can do legit PAIN+ (not going to scrub anyone's record for not doing this *obviously*) though maybe not without taking DMG. No AotF. No MP. None of that.

So if you stand within a certain zone just right of center (feel it out with testing) she will do a hammerfist (with her lefthand *our rightside perspective*). THIS is the thing that makes it work. Think it was next to where the lever starts (just to the right of it) that you can bait the attack. You want to react fast and move to be just to the right of the interactible so you can push it one spot ahead. Next you evade the follow-up attack (leap over the sweep). Now stand just left of the interactible to bait start of hammerfist, side-switch to right of it and push it one more spot over (where you need it). Again leap the sweep (think that came next *I forget*).

Move to the center (where the lever is). You need to go a bit to the right (if not far enough her RH *our left* will punch *hop this shitbox*). If in the right spot, she will do the hammerfist. Get in the correct place and be as near to the lever as you can while going for it the moment she starts to have the time to pull the lever. I think you can ND this part. The next part? Don't think so. Maybe with very fast execution (perhaps trick)? So, now you stand just right of the hook/anchor to bait hammerfist. The instant she starts (as near to the R1 prompt as you can be), just move left and start pulling it into place.

This is where I suspect you might have to take a hit. I don't think the next part forces it. Again, you go into the position to bait hammerfist. If as near to where you can interact (R1) yet get her to do that attack (long recovery) again while being fast to respond (or anticipate it), you can rush and pull the thing with just enough time to start the QTE (technically a CS mini-game) seemingly without having to get harmed. This would be a true PAIN+ handling of Clotho, but once more I won't require anyone to do it. It is quite so it is banana sticker worthy, but not really bonus credit material. Just something amusing.

Loom Chamber:Floor 3:Hallway

-Navigate

Loom Chamber:Floor 4

-Navigate, pull lever and get to threads

Loom Chamber:Floor 3:Strands of Time

-Operate correct strands, get to Mirror and leap through

Summit of Sacrifice

Zeus

Stage 1 - Tried AS and it can purplize while's he's afar, but to no real avail. Altering aside, the strat is just TS during opening spawn, let them form up for LV then WB one to "O", use it, get between the others while facing Zeus (as he punches the floor). LV the lot of them. WB if needed one of the girls for "O" (injured as they are). Another lined up LV punish of Zeus. LV once more for a final siren OS kill then LV punish Zeus for his "O".

Stage 2 - You can use LV/TS to speed things up, but you want to Return, trick and WB him a bit to keep topped off. Just manage well. Transition refills.

Stage 3 - I suppose the sub-weapon being unusual for S3/S5 was more me recalling doing it in New Game (as a bug *or BoA in S2/S4 for that matter*). Here you want to try not missing many shots. CR will make this easier, I imagine. I ran out, so I went with IO to finish (taking a hit for not being tip range enough *got flailed*).

Stage 4 - ...

Stage 5 - RotT and WB the moment you bait a good opening to punish. Turn off RotT. I went with TS to set-up flail and end things. CWB for BM (Bad Manners) at "O".

-Do the CS mini-game

The Loom Chamber

-Puzzle/mirror

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]