3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BH testing with Kira Empty BH testing with Kira Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 15:22

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

The lad wishes to dabble with HAMMER TIME, but less for potent strikes (or it would be E with GA) and more for utility (air s1, air t1, MotK, Flick, Legion of Souls, etc.). Probably some CC tech and such in a New Game+ run using GK to nerf P%. This will not harm souls (weak as fuck). Shockwave takes an L in general, so it as a chipping option will be less effective. Still, the idea is to see about strategies revolving around more than turtle or trick or whatever into heavy spam (with spell canceling or tanking). High ground, boundaries and all that. I will now provide a run skeleton filled with some things to maybe consider trying in a given fight. Playing fast and loose here to help get the ball rolling.

---

Rhodes Temple:Antechamber

-Reasonably sure the wall spawns will be immune to strikes, but the ceiling spawns job so souls can catch them coming in. Could maybe corner yourself into aMotK (air Might of the King). Potentially go deep for knockback collisions. Use CC (Cycle Cancel *go to menu, swap weapons back to BH and unpause to have BoA back out*) on-landing to cancel recovery (into block option) as needed. Not all fights will have super interesting things to try, of course.

Rhodes Temple:Hall

-Boundary at the entrance and exit to work. Funnels foes, too.

Colossus 1

-Work the upper platform. I don't know if MotK can hit the soldiers below or even the hand. That is something to test. One idea would be to bait the stage shake, DJ (Double Jump using IL *Icarus Lift*) into maybe some fall delaying move like BoA air lights into weapon swap to aMotK? Maybe that lasts long enough. Maybe hop the stage to see if you can strike his hands? For punishing him from above while below, stand just by the ledge from below to bait his single arm floor slap, as it starts go up top far enough away to NOT get hit and try punishing it with MotK (maybe even leap over the hand itself as it impacts the ground to aMotK it (direct hit and shockwave may do the trick). Lots of regular tactics come to mind, but interesting things with the specials we're focusing on? Not so much.

Rhodes' Bathhouse

-Entry boundary and funnel is easily exploited. Beyond that, test high ground like the broken pillar or even up above (ladder). See if souls or MotK can land.

Colossus 2

-Constant flicking is just sort of there, but I wonder if you can't get cute with something like aMotK near the central grapple, use the interaction to cancel the moment the attack lands and keep spamming the move. It'll probably sweep you if not busy doing some other move. During rage pound (after recoil), retreat into foreground corners, DJ into aMotK with timing to avoid taking the hit while punishing. Really, normal strats are sufficient. Maybe while it recoils you could MotK at it, CC to recover, trick its rage pound and keep showing love?

Rhodes Palace:Hallways

-Don't bother cheesing the archers. They are usually not the same ones as you face later in that spot for some reason. You could use souls or MotK, but it is largely pointless. Your call. As for the punks down the hall, pull them to the start. Probably a boundary there for obvious tactics. Then you could rush into the room with archers, go left (maybe even pull the block for cover). Having them off-camera makes them harmless. You can use your ranged tools to kill them in cheap fashion (the point of all this).

-Pull the horde to the start (boundary) and send souls to catch them as you send MotK their way. Repeat until they are gone. Then you can go after archers. If you want to be cheeky, skip them, go to the elevator and see if you can't attack through the wall with these tools. Not sure if they have a line of fire for all of that spot.

-Go up the elevator and slap the Colossus in the eye

Rhodes Palace:Western Ramparts

-Rush to the end, kick the door down, break glass, drop down and rush under the ledge. You will notice less archers and less guys below. Come back to the Ramparts to kill from the exit boundary (sending souls from below might be doable, but very slow). Alternatively stand on boxes and try aMotK strats.

-Skipping the first part for a moment, you would probably kill the soldiers by going top-right. Maybe aMotK and flicks (CC as needed). Rush under the archers. LoS and flicks to open them up if not kill outright (then MotK if need be when up above). If comfortable rushing the archers, could try MotK from above (hard to tell when something will hit below or not).

Rhodes Palace:Eastern Ramparts

-Not sure if flick or LoS from above the hole will go down and get them or if you could go back to where the archers were to send souls and MotK through the wall to kill them. Maybe. If not, aMotK into the room with CC to make it safe. The usual.

Colossus 3

Stage 1 - Don't think you want to bait fissures (not sure how far the souls reach, but if long enough you could get in during fissures and let them chip and possibly shockwaves since they go through the likes of the barrier the move makes). Could get near BoO, leap the incoming attack and time aMotK (over and over). CQC would just be tricking and landing shots. Nothing too special there.

Stage 2 - ...

Stage 3 - ...

Stage 4 - Souls and MotK zoning.

Inside the Colossus

-Souls from below, MotK across gaps, etc.

(Shaft 1) Break it and navigate ahead
-
(Shaft 2) Break it and navigate ahead

-Don't think souls will reach from platform below. Maybe from the other side (if you skip them) you can send attacks their way? Not hard to run by, into the shimmy, just that usually they chase and fall below.

-(Shaft 3) Break it
-(Puzzle)
-(Shaft 4) Break it and escape

Zeus

-Get killed

Hades

-N/A

Pegasus 1

-N/A

PATTERN: D, L, U

-N/A

NOTE: This is just to get the ball rolling (showing I'm working on it). I still have more to do.

2BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 16:03

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern

-Can go below (wall to hidden chests) to cheese with souls. Maybe lure them below, then go high and catch them slowly rising (with souls and MotK). Open the way ahead and work the next wall as a boundary for our ranged stuff.

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern:Walls

-Unless triggers spawns and retreat and rush by, you can't do much with BH. The former is more likely than the latter (if you are to bother just to cheese that hard).

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern:Hallway A

-Can hit with MotK and souls as they try to force you back to the wall you came from, but really rush by them and you will find they have a boundary beyond the chain zipline. Ez chee-Z.

Mount Etna:Mountainside A

-Keep opps off-camera, hide under left scaffolding (it will help destroy its own perch), send out souls, MotK the structure, kill the guy, pull the same stunt on the others, deep aMotK for knockback RO on bull, etc. I don't imagine middleweights will be lifted by 'legion' (though maybe juggling okay if raised up by other means). Think the high ground may be too much so for MotK, but could send souls down after them. Potentially you could just go after the far right scaffolding first, get high ground, destroy the one near you and see about sending projectile out to the archer across the way. Not going to advocate skipping the bull(s).

Mount Etna:Fires of Olympus

-get Prometheus down

Mount Etna:Mountainside B

-Get near enough the wall to pull aggro. Projectile things to death. Rush down the wall to the next part.

-Zone them, RO, rush up the wall and projectile their faces off as they try to reach you, go into the cave entry boundary to cheese, etc.

Mount Etna:Typhon's Cavern

-Being NG+, you already have MP. I haven't spoken of using EH yet mostly owing to you not so much wanting to do a lot of such things. You could 'cross the streams' with the stare of the gal pals (you use yours, they use theirs and harpies caught in the middle). Just for funsies. But really? Do it now or later. Whatever camera view suits you. Just break the destructible wall and work the boundary for the usual. With CC, stuff like deep aMotK on a snek might be safe. Getting her into the air for a juggle state pre-wings is more the troublesome thing. I doubt LoS can do it. Otherwise you would want (in 1v1 pre-GF) to go full "Suspended Congress" (sex move name, but in this case it refers to cast-and-forget things holding targets in place be it CR, souls or whatever). I don't think any of these projectiles will stop Stare when it starts (unlike TB's WB).

-Rushing by birbs is doable then you can work the boundary by the hidden frozen chests. However, it is probably easier to bait each wave along the way, retreat to the starting boundary (near the save) and punish with projectiles. After exhausting one bunch until truly done, then the next. And the one after that. As you get further along the bridge, it might make more sense to just push all the way through. It is possible LoS and flicks before rolling could let you cross more easily.

-If doing the ice chests, it is infinite unless you send them into the fire. Making the focuses how they go in is probably excessive. Perhaps LoS into air s1? Deep aMotK antics? With the chests thawed, it is a simple affair (back to boundary and cheese). This without just coming here during the TB trial (after killing the lads in the next part and before hitting the third grapple point). Petrify and crush.

-Get to cover on the far-right (barrier), aMotK (CC as needed) the chumps and send souls their way. When they die, TB the dudes too far away for your other options.

-If being a good sport, you cross the grapples under fire and show love with aMotK while falling into the thick of them (ideally lining them up). CC for safety.

Mount Etna:Fires of Olympus

-Shoot down Prometheus

-Infinite MP chest. Very tempting to keep petrifying things (backtracking to do more). That aside, just quick roll well away and send projectiles their way as they come in. CC for safety. Not much to work with here.

-(rope) Soul cheese. I don't think MotK's shockwave can land on them. Probably not even from the high ground in the background. I forget if they can get off the rope. If so, deep aMotK for RO (flick holding them in place)?

Mount Etna:Mountainside A

-RotT the door

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern:Hallway B

-Can pull them back to the starting high ground. Probably projectile abuse there. If towards the crossing gap, RO applies.

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern:Hallway A

-Boundary if you retreat.

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern:Wall

-Got to pull them to the start or finish for BH stuff like before.

Mount Etna:Hand Cavern

-Free Pegasus

Pegasus 2

-N/A

-(Dark Rider) ...

PATTERN: L, D, R, U, L

3BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 16:55

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Temple of Lahkesis:Cliff 2

-Hit-and-run sort of guerilla tactics might be a thing with souls (even MotK) if going back to the wall, letting them de-aggro and then returning for more. I think you can stand very close to the edge and pull a stunt like aMotK (deep, too). CC for safety. Beyond that, high ground by the ladder. Probably sails over their heads. Souls would hit. Possibly set-up an opening to drop on 'em? I won't waste words always pointing out the obvious with just running around zoning or sending foes into each other.

Temple of Lahkesis:Hanging Garden

-Aside from loading the elevator with tricky antics and heading below, you could just use the high ground we start from. I forget if the chest tops and platforms with vases can be worked well with aMotK (and CC) to jack up dogs as they come in for you.

Temple of Lahkesis:Cerberus Courtyard

-I know the entrance and exit are too high for MotK, but souls would hit. Inside the room, you can move the block and stand atop it for aMotK. Not super great, but can work. Perhaps better to get behind it and let the thing block their approach as you attack through it with your projectiles.

-Boundary before the wall and high ground from whence you came for cheese.

-(Ceiling) Can bait them back to solid ground. I think the wall might be a boundary. Otherwise, rush by them. Souls would reach below to hit. I don't think they can follow unto the bridge (for shockwave).

-(Platform/Ledge/Chest Garden) Cross over and MotK the line of archers away. Not sure shockwave reaches across the gap at the dogs and such. Souls might (could be good for safe crossing). Camera and bridge can be exploited (as with wall) for tricky chip on dogs (and fauns).

Temple of Lahkesis:Siren Sacrifice

-Chest is iffy for getting them stuck. High ground by chain might work for MotK. Souls obviously work. Potentially you could LoS to get juggle state going and go hard with heavies or whatever. I suppose some targets are open to air t1, but you need to be careful with stuff like that for lack of air block and bad on-landing (only AQ can be safe during free fall *ignoring specific cases*).

Steeds of Time:Saddle 4:Exterior

NOTE: Horse order (behind; left to right) yellow, green, red (Saddle 3), blue (Saddle 4)

Theseus

S1:P1/S1:P2 - I wonder if you can't provoke this throw with flicks/legions and just reverse to win. MotK would let you cheese (zoning) and punish his P2 pillars from afar (closer is better, mind you).

S2:P1 - The money here is getting right under him for Flicks and Legions. I feel like they should reach. At least DJ (no need for HJ or IJ) into Flick. Slow and steady. Going TOTALLY without using TB to kill him would be VERY slow this way. Less painful? If you are WILLING and ABLE to IJ just a bit and time it as there is an opening (as with the start of SEM waves) you could Icarus Lift (IL) out of the process to RotT air t1 him ideally with TB cancels to get two or so per instance (not so sure how reasonable it is to suggest going up there with him and just beat his ass then jump down when the time comes *forget how that works*). Your call on how far you want to take this here. Would be cool if you could send/kite away SEM and LoS under him and have souls do their thing, but I just don't know that priority wouldn't screw you over.

S2:P2 - ...

SEM waves - There are pillar pattern safe spots (no spikes hit) and lower risk spots (spikes that hit don't start there, so you have time to react). Worth learning. That's a different thing (and Zesty should one day cover it along with other lessons I have written out). Said hazards can launch for you, which should be good for souls to Suspended Congress into heavies to beat them to death. I don't believe your BH specific tools will reasonable target the boss with them around. You would have to try luring them away, but he can call for rally (making them charge your position *doubtful that aMotK would stop them, so RotT would be needed to tank*).

Steeds of Time:Saddle 3:Interior:CR Trial

-(CR trial) I forget if aMotK will beat their armor. Tight room for just hoping souls will make them behave (to shockwave).

Steeds of Time:Bridle Puzzle

-Do it

-Pull harpies to boundary near handles to cheese. Group that is further away can get souls to tie them up (perhaps easier from below as they slowly come to your position, then maybe rush above and do it again before shockwaves as they try to reach you vertically)

Steeds of Time:Saddle 3:Exterior

-Use key to open the door, work the funnel and boundary for projectile spam

-Merc from the chain (boundary, I'm sure) rather than high ground

4BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 14:09

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Temple of Lahkesis:Divine Pools

-MotK is going to have trouble reaching them unless you go to higher ground (plenty of that). Camera abuse, cover, etc. Lots of potential for cheesing with souls (just that even for low HP targets like them it isn't super quick). Maybe able to down them so you can more easily land air t1 if not MotK? Boundaries galore if you keep in mind the idea of going to extremes of any given non-locked in arena.
-navigate to the Amulet
-do the puzzle and press on (head through the window)

Temple of Lahkesis:Amulet Chamber

-Escape

Temple of Lahkesis:Courtyard

-AotF allows open combat with your projectiles. Maybe you can bop with air t1 to bounce a wraith as a flick keeps them set-up for heavies? Not sure you can count on deep aMotK to knockback, but you have CC to make it safe. High ground in the back of the room behind a tree is good for MotK cheese, I'm sure (aside from souls). Not sure it'll catch Nymphs. Maybe. Breaking the head will open a boundary for off-camera cheese, too. Very exploitable.

Destiny's Atrium

-Potentially you could try deep aMotK into CC (on-landing) to knockback and shockwave a Tyrant using a boar without much risk, but I wonder if the armor of boars wouldn't kek this strat. Just doing it from afar can clear the boars, but then you could also just rush to any of the many blindspots (as shown in my video) to camp with your guard up while the Tyrants kills the boars. No real rush. If willing, just grab them. Whatever. Shatter even. Could do this more generally if you don't like repetition and long chip.

Speaking of, with just the cyclops, you could using LoS and flicks AT the corners as to keep his AI broken while letting souls chip away, I imagine. Maybe aMotK while hugging such spots. With x2? Switching away to quick roll x3 and punish or camera strats comes to mind (aside from CQC with tricking *or the hiding spots from before*), but my video also shows a set-up with getting them to chase you such that they get stuck on the chest (you might be able to air strike as with aMotK over and over the way I used PS). This along with Flicks (LoS would break the set-up unless maybe you attack at the wall just right).

Bog of the Forgotten

Barbarian King

S1 - Without keeping track of his staggers or really working CC, using LoS for direct hits is asking a lot. Less so if used early as he whiffs his charge. Flicks are free. Maybe MotK directly if with CC. Same for aMotK. Really, it makes the most sense to block in his face, then use heavies with flicks to eat away just a tiny bit quicker.

S2 - Ranged aMotK and flicks (only maybe LoS if really far away) can handle this. CC for safety when timing doesn't seem right (to avoid reprisal).

S3 - LoS, Flick and true tip range retreating aMotK should do reasonable well to zone. Otherwise, trick his strikes, get to his ass, ride it until he does the sweep into overhead and punish that (deep MotK/LoS with flicks).

S4 - He often chooses to hang back, but can chase. Not sure how wise it would be to LoS away from him with flicks or retreating aMotK. Maybe okay to do. You would have to test how well it works to CQC with these things (if the openings is a bit small, you would need CC *but it is annoying to menu over and over and over while looking terrible in a video without edits, which makes for a lot of work*).

-LoS away from them to probably lift along with flicks into MotK (outside their aggro range so they don't armor and punish you)

5BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 3:52

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>BH run
This will be interesting. Will he also be going for BH Zeus? I forget if that's considered bonus credit.

6BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 8:59

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

GMG:

Thanks for all of this information. The run? I have started it, and I am already finding it very interesting. Couple of notes down

As expected, souls deal almost no damage. It takes minutes to kill a Rhodesian with just LoS.

It is a bit sad that souls disappear when you swap the weapon. So, CC is out of the question as it makes the souls vanish. Would be very useful as LoS leaves up an opening for foes to strike. I don't think it is safe to perform near the enemies.

I don't know why, but we are apparently not allowed to control who the souls attack with the flick direction. Sometimes souls will just fly off to attack the offscreen target while ignoring someone who is right there, in your face.

LoS is very nice if the crowd of enemies is not huge or if they are grouped together. If there are more enemies than LoS souls, then not all of them might get attacked by the souls. When it works though, it opens enemies up for all sorts of things.

LoS doesn't launch middle weight enemies. But still does a decent job at keeping them in place. It can keep enemies stuck in their hit animation while you petrify the for instance.

MotK and souls are pretty nice for attacking enemies from above. MotK not always reaches but it's a safe option to try whenever there is a high ground (like with Beast Lords in the bog)

For some reason, souls go under the ground when used during Colossus boss fight. They try to target his hip or legs maybe. Idk. It's useless there.

MrWright:

>Zeus
I will attempt him BH only for sure. Let's see where it leads.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYfivScsd_EreejRUraXlA

7BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 10:22

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Bog of the Forgotten:Path to the Bog

-Boars can't cross, so projectile antics at them.  I forget if they can even reach the other shore.  Might be a boundary.  With the camera change, might even unexist.  Would need testing.

Bog of the Forgotten:Temple of Euryale

-Get Euryale's Key

-Not sure if LoS would launch them for air s1.  Could just keep setting up for RO with deep aMotK (only maybe CC if they armor with something other than their charge).  Might work.  More obvious and certain would be just getting on the steps at the beginning.  Projectiles until they die below.  Then again you can just ground OS from above (lifts them,toss them to the right and drops them into the soup).  But that's not what this run is for.  A bit too much effort to LoS into EH antics (you should probably be allowed to upgrade that so it works better as a steam with BH when you do opt to team them up).

-Boundary on either side.  Think the chest by the exit gate is exploitable (work from atop it).  Opposite shore (path) where pigs were would be, too.  RO options are clear (as with collisions *or even just maybe use LoS instead of MotK to get them off their feet so they go from 50HP to 20HP in a hurry to then MotK to "O" if not death*).  Can also just spam tricking as they wander into the hazard petrifying them, then go ahead and crush them.  Potentially LoS putting them into the sky to get ruined in that moment.

Let me to do some quick testing. *does so*  Right.  Flick can't come out during blocks, grabs, rolls, etc.  We know this.  It can come out during jumps and even GLIDING.  Cute.  Works for block specials just fine.  Switching to BoA will send it away (even without CC).  Sucks (and applies to legions, too).  Lights are lifted by legion.  Mediums are NOT.  Both are juggled by Flicks.  Heavies don't care about either.  Skellies are light.  Their scatter gimmick can't be stopped as dizzy times out.  Otherwise, you can use souls to instantly knock them out of it, but that doesn't prevent the HP from going to 20 (up or down).  Souls are awful at knocking down fliers (only Hades Nymphs put it over at all).  Setting up OH with LoS it is troublesome, but doable with a switch at the time and positioning.  You can Flick after air OS if you perform a BH action other than neutral falling (so attack *not so much draw or use of spells*).

The rule of thumb is medium refers to anyone you can't bounce with MotK.  LoS will fail on direct hit and with the souls in that role.  When it juggles, they juggle LOW to the ground, so don't count on air OS.  Caps, Satyrs, Gorgons, Bulls and Priests.  Wraiths block to a huge degree against souls.  Strangely, it opens up the Hades Minotaur to an absurd degree (flicks for normal strings is very capable).  Even CD becomes a bit more usable (along with being able to move while doing it so you can circle strafe the UB *which can be interrupted by flick if it happens to hit at the right frame before impact, but don't count on it*).  Seems like a lot of enemies with no or blocking DEF do poorly like the man-cow (so a fair few things can be bullied with flicks and normals even without juggle state).

While retesting some opps, I saw that aMotK can multi-hit with the direct shot portion.  The taller the better (think 5 hits was the cap for the likes of a cyclops).  Wing gliding is faster than charges just faster than our trot, which is useful for no evade runs and such.  Things that have evasive and counter reactions tend to not be super awesome for grounded Flick spam (nor those with lots of armor in that same instance).  So, so long as the light enemies are not fliers or in armor states, they should juggle from the ground.  Duly noted.  As such, the skellies here hit with LoS from outside their aggro range or during taunt would be set-up for air s1.  With your low DMG, it should be less likely (especially pre-rez) for them to reach "O" at an inopportune moment.  Maybe you could just pull a Zim with a touch of your own focus (souls *to a lesser extent shockwaves*).

Ruins of the Forgotten

-Pulling the BL off into OH infinite is obvious.  Likewise, petrify him off (easier with upgrades) where (R) will always favor the cyclops, so you have to toggle to the little fella.  Being at range while using i-frames will provoke taunts from the mounted version.  Boundary at exit gate and on the raised ground of the background just 'above' it.  The latter is better for ranged cheese chip though I don't think it applied to BL (just the cyclops).  **testing** Yeah, no.  It will try to petrify the cyclops in some intense rigging design.  It won't let you so easily target the BL atop it first.  Not super practical to even try without GR.  Maybe GB could land a top with an air shot?  Souls didn't do anything notable against it.  The throw ignored my tricking pretty well while I was grounded (not so much in the air).

8BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 10:36

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Wright: >bonus credit
Adjacent in GKPAIN+. Not here.

Kira: >information
More postulation based on things I know and would myself be trying. Though I am doing some light testing here and there (as in this latest small update).

>Rhodesian
Amusingly, civvies in the Arena are MID WGT, so they will blow off LoS and juggle poorly. Meanwhile the armored chaps you note are light.

>big sad
I also remark on this.

>CC out of the question
More a safety measure for LoS (if about to get tagged and you don't want to just let RoS do the tanking) or MotK (can somewhat get late hits with it). We can roll with BH after being knocked down, which is cute.

>no control
Another thing I complain about.

>priority
Well before PS3 gen's hot mess here.

>safe to do near enemies
Not without them recovering, locked, spawning in, dizzy or otherwise unable to attack (or if they do it is something with no armor). You can land it in other cases, but you need to tank or CC.

>not huge
It begins to falter at 4 or more.

>better if they huddle
Indeed.

>keeps mids in place
Sometimes it forces them back.

>holds for petrification
As we surmised it would be good for. If using TB, it would open up a chance to charge CWB, which in-turn could create an opening to do something like LoS (with Flick). This for hit count nonsense (greedy).

>from above to below
Indeed. Souls are very good (even for those above us) at tickles. Legion can pop-up those not too far below and light so as to maybe let you land the shockwave (which doesn't reach as far down).

>Colossus E1
Yeah, I saw. They find something appealing about his junk.

>attempt
It'll be a breeze. I've done it in worse conditions. The troublesome part will be S1, but your lvl3 helps offset the issue of GK a bit. You have Return to lean on for S2 and beyond. Can even glide for what that is worth. The Widows are lights, so you already know. I can't say if BH has anything that pulls the same stunt as SoD RotT t3 against his summon animation (acts the same as siren OS kill to set-up actual damage). I imagine souls can hit his face/hand, but only count during the times everything else works (as it is with DR).

9BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Sun 24 Mar 2024 - 15:35

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Ruins of the Forgotten:Hallway

-Facing in the hall is too straight forward even with uneven surfaces.  If venturing to the end of the side-hall, you can work from behind the chests to cheese with projectiles.  Likewise, retreat to the way ahead (Pit) as a boundary.  Or further back to the stone encased chest (fight behind it to cheese).  ...Or further still to the start.  The incline is a boundary as I recall.

Ruins of the Forgotten:Pit

-Edges of the pit have invisible walls blocking their projectiles.  IF they go beyond it, they can shoot at you.  Think even that fails to go through the actual entrance boundary.  Anyway, projectiles at them from just outside the pit.  MotK should catch most of them pretty easily.  It'll eat away at the central pillar, too (still better to do one ground OS of H. Nymph at it *wish their death also worked*).  Revealing the grapple lets you cheese from above, but that's needless.

Ruins of the Forgotten:Bog Battle

-Drop or retreat.  Spam projectiles.

-(Pillars)  LoS in particular should help keep them behaved while you break their positions and finish them (doing so in the air preventing their kamikaze).  Still no idea how to drop the central one on the new spawns.  You can attack from the pillar or higher platform or go back on the log before this (in the bog).  Their AI disables pretty fast and you can just send projectiles their way until it is over.

Ruins of the Forgotten:Forgotten Chamber

-Send projectiles through to the enemies.  Not sure if souls will go through the breakable wall here to catch them or not.  Try it.  If not, easily cheesed.  MotK to break the wall with the gate up and do your thing.  If you open the way, you can still retreat to the other side (or even the exit) to do them dirty.

-Puzzle

River of the Forgotten

-Zim set-up suffices.  LoS could potentially be alright for this.  Timing CC at the right point in bounces for air S1 seems like it would be tough versus letting it play out (losing ground).  Not sure you would hit hard enough to just LoS and Flick with lights or heavies until they are out/dead.    Can also try for deep aMotK knockback RO (not so much about collisions).  No way to work the starting shore with BH that I know of.

Titan Minotaur 1

-I don't think there is anything notable here.  Just go ham with the usual and Flick while doing it.

River of the Forgotten:Euryale's Guantlet

-Pull down the tree

-(Vine) Get on, bait some dudes to the start, drop, work our projectiles and kill them.  Leap back on, rush ahead to kill dude in way (grab), rush ahead and drop to safety and kill the rest with projectiles if not getting super cute.  Maybe LoS and Flick to make an opening to get AotF available?  Drop from this spot's foreground to the platform below (where TM1 was) so you can circle to the chest with sleep spot, jump atop it and wait for them to go across the rope and just...drop themselves to their eternal prison (not killing them, just trapping them).

NOTE: As you drop off the wall, notice the wall in the background with fines.  MotK through it to hit the obstacle blocking the conveyor.  Keep at it until doing ~80DMG.  You could get fancy with a backwards MotK set-up to get hurt, but fall further into the moving wheel...not really necessary.

-(Gears) Use Amulet and cross.

-(Conveyor) Three waves. First two are happy to just let themselves go into the crushers, so retreat to the roller or previous conveyor and wait if not sending out projectiles while the AI is at a loss.  Your call.  When they are gone, the final wave camps the exit.  With the wall gone, you can just leave, but why not kill them?  Projectiles from outside their range work well.  Can let the hazard (petrification) do its thing.  No need to retreat to the other side by the AotF statue and get an advantage with it active nor attacking through the wall at them (LoS and MotK bouncing for potential ruin).

Ruins of the Forgotten

-Do the puzzle, navigate ahead

Cave of the Forgotten

-Talk to the corpse

-Cheesing by pulling to entrance high ground with projectiles is an option. Gorgons are medium as reported before, so LoS won't do much. If made to go into the air, you can sort of juggle them, but it isn't super useful. I don't think it is a great idea to try anything too funny. Just bring her near the crusher. Since you're not willing to BoA just for T and we don't have Wings yet for IA to this end, we're hurting for a launcher option. No GF yet, either. You could deep aMotK, but CC would be needed if you catch her during armor. Don't get caught in the air (RotT would be needed to live). I don't think souls and moving the corpse to have the exit boundary is the play. No, might have to play chip from high ground unless willing to settle for some deep aMotK chip (or straight up just box with heavies and tricking).

-Proceed with the corpse

10BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Mon 25 Mar 2024 - 7:06

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Cave of the Forgotten:Coliseum

Cerberus Bastard

NOTE: NBR+ NUR+ copypasta?  Incoming.  Some MotK stuff comes up though not deep aMotK with CC for obvious reasons.  Think it can hit as many as 4 times (3 being before the shockwave) on this target like the other Cerberus variants.

Stage 1 -"Right, so false OS interrupts anything he does into his backpedal, but then he can do whatever after it.  If you interrupt and he instantly goes into flamethrower, you probably won't stop it in time.  Said move cannot be fully beaten with CR spam it seems.  You CAN get over it with air TB spam (going full Ares1), but that's tight.  Horizontal tracking means you won't step it.  Has good reach, so you need to clear out quick (don't be cornered).  RotT can help limit the DMG taken if you're out of options.  Tricking the invisible waves (with gaps) isn't practical to expect to pull off.  Staying close for CQC is probably not the play here.  Going to advise doing something else entirely.
So, at the start you probably want to just make space though gauging what he is doing is good.  If you were close enough to get paw swipe, he could do another or go into charge (for headbutt).  Certain strikes can trick his Flamethrower, so not worthwhile to keep on him at all (as before).  It becomes about landing moves that won't trigger this or landing attacks when he can't activate this panic option (getting us out and keeping us out).  While you CAN punish it from afar with TB shots or even MotK, it isn't desirable to keep rolling the dice let alone provoking it.

Fireballs are a big opening.  If close, you can easily strafe around him with BH 't,t' TB cancel move ahead and do another rep TB canceled and move away to assess what he'll do next.  The further away you are, the less time you have for a bigger punish.  While MotK can reach from outside his range, beware hanging too close as he can arc his fireballs for more range while you're jumping around (if going that route).  Might get hit.  Again, don't just linger after he does this as he can pull out the gat (flammen you straight to Hell).  Could just run around just outside flamethrower range waiting on this, but that alone is a bit lacking.  Having more punishes would be good.  What can we do?

So, he likes to charge.  You CAN hop over for air t1 (air MotK might not be the safe call).  Probably better (and easier) to just trot around his headbutt attempt (not as troublesome as HCB in this regard).  If quick, you can turn around to land t1 (TB cancel for safety and move away to assess as he could do another and you can chain these OR he could opt to flamethrower if sticking too close).  Avoid corners (be ready to switch to BoA if not keeping them out until ready to punish with respect to having a roll option) outside safe punishing of quad fireball.  As ever, lever does nothing useful (fireball won't harm the mob elevated beyond his station to boss status complete with full replenishment for us).  While you could stick to baiting out his options and punishing whatever comes your way, it is better to have control, I'd say.

Keep at a distance and it really just wants to taunt, fireball or charge (mostly this).  Charge can be punished as noted, but you could also opt to evade two and a half spaces away to time him out.  He'll taunt.  Don't land the likes of BH t1 or he'll have the option to blaze you (on that Krate pack).  Better to land heavier hit property types as with t2, air t1, MotK, etc. from BH.  This will force his back pedal, which also can't trigger the werfer of fie-yah.  Perhaps something like t2 (whiffing t1) then 't,t' into t1 (TB cancel and roll away to reset the process).  Really just want to focus on pulling charges, timing them out and safely punishing over and over.  If you're feeling it, you can MotK fireballs (going in for bigger damage runs greater risks and undermines this strat since you should be causing these taunts via charges tuckering out the mole bastard).  Just recall you'll have no roll and can't CC to make it safe (needs to be done early).  RotT augmenting can speed this up, of course."

Stage 2 -"The addition of the paw stomp changes nothing since I'm not favoring CQC.  I don't need to trick a slap and step the next for a punish or any of that.  Opted to make an alternative just to do it.  This variant was MotK only.  The idea is to pull charges, just trot at him, go around his headbutt and side-switch.  Better he be at edges than the center for this.  You're baiting out the fireballs to punish at max range with ground (not air) MotK.  x2 each time.  If you happen to get a recoil (since he opted to taunt) or otherwise get a taunt to punish with MotK, you can get another as he backpedals.  x19 for S1.  x36 for S2, I believe it was.  Just a whole lot of shockwaves being sent his way until he gives it up.  I still think the strat with running out his stamina and punishing barks is better (much faster thanks to RotT flare ups starting with t2 landing).  This is just a simple one to consider if wanting to make things even easier.  No need for quick rolling as such.  Really, shouldn't need to roll at all with this strat.  That's enough tactics, I think."

NOTE: Right, so on the souls front, I can't say for sure how it'll react.  It is a heavy, so stunlock isn't happening. Doesn't block.  It likes to armor, so probably going to do a lot more attacking (like Flamethrower if near or charging when far as a guess).  It just hopping around is possible, but I doubt it.  Definitely not the backtrack version.  Obviously you can unleash souls to tickle when kept out by Flamethrower or fireballs, but you can do better.  Flicks while doing other things still makes sense to some degree for extra DMG, but if provoking weird reactions, it can be a detriment.  LoS is harder to advocate for here, I'd dare venture to say.

Cave of the Forgotten

-False OS or souls (this one for thematic reasons) into Return and MotK.  Going so far as to try to juggle set-up for ruining rather than crushing is asking a lot.  No need for boundary or high ground antics though both options.

Bog of the Forgotten:Temple of Euryale

-Destroy the Gorgon Door

Euryale's Temple:Antechamber

-Safe bet the optional battles (very meh) are skipped, so here we are.  Likewise, no real reason to keep skellies around for RotT.  We should have plenty of chests leftover possibly of the MP variety so backtracking can make sense if you ever feel like using them even to petrify (should probably still level that up, by the way).  As for this encounter:

"Right, so Zesty had asked about whether GoWII was like GoW1 or later entries in terms of shattering.  Looking like GoW1 regarding modifiers, P% and EP% (for FF) when taking into account DMG inflicted upon sHP.  From what I can tell, the first two statues of CL ahead only trigger when you get close enough (around the point on the ground where the circle starts).  I can reach with MotK before that.  The closer of the two is bugged in two ways.  It doesn't have 5sHP, it is 1sHP.  The other oddity is that I can backtrack (closing the door I came through) and this will 'ruin' him.  Very odd, indeed.

The next trigger isn't the moment you can see the other statues.  If you move slowly you will find that you can target two statues (not all three as the far-right one is around a corner just slightly) before triggering the statues to start break-out (alongside enemy spawn).  Said spot is just a step prior to the dark circle's edge before entering the next hall.  Too far away for MotK to reach (without crossing the threshold), but TB can reach it (if willing to spend the MP to the tune of one shot per statue, thus 4MP up to x5 times thus 20MP for all of them if going about it exclusively that way).  As you close in just enough to see the last statue (having gotten rid of the others, this becomes easy) you can quickly target it as the last two CL spawn-in normally.

Sort of odd that Euryale would petrify some of these CL, but nothing else in the area.  Why did she beef with them anyway?  Might have been interesting if they dropped down those otherwise useless ladders to spice up some part of her fight just to get bodied in a fatal three-way with us (and not just from petrification).  Maybe just a little something for S2P2 (second pillar)?  Meh.  Back to the fight, you could easily work the entry boundary for collisions.  Alternatively, atop the ladder ahead there is high ground to exploit with the likes of MotK (visually looks like it should sail ineffectually over their heads, but it works just fine thus making me take note that is hits well below its visuals though not so much well above in terms of hitbox).

NOTE: Even now you can backtrack for chests or slapping the skelly for RP if desired.  HP chest in this room."

So, MotK options aside from deep hit for knockbacks are clear. Souls can't target statues.  Testing shows they won't do sDMG no matter what (when Legion hit for targeting pre-proc it isn't even for actual DMG so it is 0DMG hits).  Plenty of obvious cheese.  I think CL block a fair bit and can armor through easily, so take care on that front.  You don't have a guard break or unblockable (other than EH).  They're not as obnoxious as wraiths with downplaying your souls, but they can be vexing.  I don't find their wake-up to be nearly as sensitive as GoW1.  Certain things don't seem to trigger it.  Not sure if your projectiles wouldn't just make an ass of them.

Euryale's Temple:Underground Chamber

-I forget the specific spawn rules for the HM (as Zim covers).  Think it was just how many CL are killed:

x6 petrified CL, but half of them escape before we can do much of anything while the remainder have normal break-out time.  x1 HM at the start (with another after killing it or enough time passes).  Once you're off the ladder (only lets you jump back and off at the tippity-top), the ground is uneven.  You can STILL backtrack.  Good to know.  Can even make a checkpoint (using the save from before).  Alternating chest in the room ain't the only option as such.

The rightside wall (not so much the background corner) seems to have some elevated points that are good enough to often bait taunts from foes along with DJ getting HM off-camera (to cancel its attacks).  The barrier itself isn't good enough as a focus (not a true boundary), but there is an element of chest strats possible to set-up with a bull on either side of it (if lured against the wall and switching the side of the chest you're on while keeping directly across from the HM it will not pathfind around all that well).

Could go heavy with MP (using all the chests ignored so far).  Sadly, MotK isn't going full PR with infinite downward vertical hitbox, so no blasting from the floor above.  No walls to hide behind for that hax, either.  Working the far-right as described with MotK can work well (especially with the chest), but you need to maintain distance.  If HM gets close, camera stuff can help keep it behaved.  If CL get close, you need to switch sides for sure.  When they're in the background, you get the advantage of seeing where to aim blasts.  When they're in the foreground (off-camera), they have more trouble closing in, but when they do you should switch.

NOTE: All this cheese stuff set aside, you can obviously set-up OH infinite, 360 or X toss for collisions and all that before false OS, trick, strafe and pummel fat pigs to death."

Aside from the MotK stuff, you can petrify, but there is also the notes I had with Flick (not so much Legion) and normals for lockdown handling on someone like the Hades Minotaur (infamous for blocking collisions and even countering).  Kill the first how you like, but you might want to consider keeping the other healthy while clearing the CL away so you can show off this stunlocking strat as a thing to the credit of the souls.  Can even mid-fight backtrack to get more MP if you want to shatter help and make a save (or just access for a new checkpoint) before going at the final man-cow.  Your call.

Euryale's Temple:Elevator Puzzle

-MotK while just low enough.  Same for Souls.

Euryale's Temple:Lowland Vista

-No real way I can see you super launching with JUST the BH, so you can forget about RO over the balcony:

"It ain't worth much, but once you're on the wall, Cap won't start new moves (he will finish those he starts).  If close enough, you can land left/right heavy (the swing part, not the slam) as slaps.  Needs to be point blank to down-heavy at for double hits.  The high ground above is slightly too high for MotK cheese.  Pity.  If you create distance as to kite him to the save, you can rush to the shaft and face it to bait a taunt.  This is an opening for long range higher hit property strikes as with Spirit or MotK.  Land one, get back in position to bait a taunt and repeat.  If he happens to guard or move ahead, reset the set-up.  More likely, you'll reach "O" and eventually kill with the chip.

As for legit fighting, tricking the 2-string is a joke.  He cannot use the grab save as a false OS counter (intentionally set it up to kill me, but it didn't look as funny as I was hoping).  The 5-string is tough to trick (with TB alone).  Went with grounded x1 trick twice in a row, then air trick (while rising) for the double and a x1 ground trick on-landing.  Took practice to pull off, but plenty doable (not really something you should do or need to learn, but another feather in the cap if wanting to style on fools, show off and all that jazz).

Sending him down the shaft isn't fatal, but his AI struggles to ever attack down there (aside from counter provocation).  Should also mention there is an HP chest by the save, an MP chest above and another across the gap (need the ceiling for it).  Sadly, nothing for backtracking after doing the puzzle (no hidden compartment or anything).  I think the case is that the opposite side of the boss room entrance is the back of the ladder we used to get down here after the petrified opps room at the start.  Bit of a pity you can't get an early peak at the boss (in the same vein as how we see Last Spartan at a glance later).  Checkpoint at the top of the climbable wall away from the cap (to the platforming with hazards that lack any destructible aspects of any sort or even foes to lure into them)."

MotK from above won't work.  Too high. Not even sure if you could set-up LoS to juggle it, really.  Medium, so it will float low.  Soul chip from above or the shaft pull-up spot is doable, but slow. Their reaction to souls are aggressive attacking, so I don't think that's the play.  Pretty sure you can't just power through either (without tanking via RotT).

Euryale's Temple:Temple Hazards

-Navigate through

11BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Mon 25 Mar 2024 - 7:36

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Euryale's Chamber

Euryale

Stage 1 -"Hard to motivate oneself to bother taking her seriously in S1 or S3 knowing the sweet spot set-up (where MotK handles business). Why even give her a chance while tricking, evading or spacing/zoning her? If fighting fair, the flash will push you even through tricking. If petrified, she prefers to do the slow 2-string (bit delayed for tricking with the first part). Think she can do the headbutt if really close. Gap in the 2-string allows a BH heavy before tricking again. Nothing too notable for that approach. The moment orbs drops, she WILL cue for her quick sweep in place, so just move away and it will miss. Her transition crawl is invincible."

The option to cheese with the sweet spot applies here, but is more about set-up luring her to the background-center so can rush either side (going around the corner) as one would after S2 going into S3.

Stage 2 -"Opted to test some things. As ever, you can stun-lock her with TB (don't have enough shots for all of S2 or even really a P1 or P2) or even grounded stuff as with BH 't,t' though catching her in neutral for the stagger while pacing it can be tough (to start, not to keep up). Not something to count on. Keeping close (baiting slaps) doesn't really jive with this run well (one side lets you trick more easily than the other, but spacing is better). An old strat kept along the walls just out of her melee reach to bait her GB barrage (x3). If you favor the left (her right), the homing catches you (unless you defend). The opposite is not true (they will miss). So do that. Alternatively, you can bait this move, get close and punish. her next move after GB will be her version of GR (floor sweeping 'scan'). Thankfully it doesn't catch in the air even while she arcs up. Timing to hop over it (doesn't hit that far off the ground) isn't hard nor is it tough to evade/trick through. Hell, take it on the chin and shake-out instantly and it is like it didn't happen (though if you delay a bit she will go for the flop save if point blank where she might instead tailslap you).

GB can also lead to this situation (if you proc). DMG doesn't usually occur from GB or 'Gorgon Scan', but it can happen (unclear what the particulars are for the former, but the latter is if you're too close as she starts looking up). If you bait flop, she can do S1 moves for a bit (varies). Unlike the transition crawl (into P1 start or P2 start) into pillar coiling (its own thing), the crawl to pillars (post-flop) lacks i-frames (takes hits). Upon testing, the case was that you DO, in fact, deal DMG to her while she is down, but you can't reach "O" (any bit of DMG putting her over the threshold will set it up while on the pillar). Tail slap is easier to trick from her right (our left), I'd say.

So one strat is hugging walls to the right of her pillar while outside melee range to bait 'scan' (hop over), 'blasts' (get in for punishment) and 'scan' (can punish before escaping). Just loop that. Another would be to get petrified outside melee range, delay escape enough to see the start of her uncoiling and fight her grounded. To an extent, you can bodyblock her crawl from the pillars for free hits. I don't think flop is good at hitting us directly (the shockwave is the threat). 'Scan' and said AoE both hit through walls, so going to either sweet spot won't make you safe (though it blocks GB shots). MotK will not reach from the sweet spot, so just hanging back to cheese like that isn't an option.

Theoretically, you could bait her down and RNG can (and has) seen her choose to crawl to us (much more likely she just go for the pillar). If you pull her to the sweet spot and get on the other side (reverse of what is normally the set-up) she could get stuck, perhaps. Alternatively, you could just get her away from the pillar, bodyblock her until you see 'crawl' and then pound her while preventing her movement (if precise in your inputs). Would be a measured thing as she needs to be allowed to leave and struck once after her i-frames stop upon resting on either column. Doesn't especially matter which of the two is done first. Air MotK from the 'center' is doable (hop GB/scan), but isn't the best way."

Working the luring down and pillar return animation blocking strat would be neat. Likewise, baiting GB while keeping in a safe spot to punish from medium range. Or CQC on the other side in close. I don't now that souls can act like TB's WB in terms of stunlock potential (that is timed). I doubt it. Trying to abuse souls from behind the cover used in sweet spots of S1/S3 might reach. Not sure.

Stage 3 - "Her rage pounds don't factor when stuck in the sweet spot set-up."

I don't know how she'll react to souls. She might just tank them. IF she shuffles around, this would ruin a sweet spot set-up. That'll be for you to find out. I wouldn't count on her getting done dirty like the bulls.

Euryale's Chamber:EH Trial

-Petrify and crush 5 Sentries

NOTE: Souls can help set it up even MotK bouncing them so flick can suspend. Or LoS doing work (ruin them).

Euryale's Temple:Pillar Puzzle

-(Center Pillar Battle) AotF gets another chance to help out. Keep Fiends in the air with souls to avoid kamikaze. Beyond that? HJ are heavies that tank. Not as bad as FJ, but you probably don't want to go wild with souls beyond time slow. Slow-mo will let you get away with the minor extra chip while swingin' on ya boi. Entrance side could be used with camera stuff to pull enemies out of place if that suits you. Probably unnecessary. Can just send a shockwave out to easily blow up two of the three Fiends. Deep aMotK for knockback makes more sense to try with GK. Your call.

Euryale's Temple:Stone Crusher

-"Honored AKheon once more with another pacifist showing. Kept running circles in the arena with hops and such to blow off the dogs. Have to take care about getting stuck along the 'catches' near the exit as you approach level with them. When nearing the point the ceiling is low, you have to be careful not to get boxed in (as you could lose both rolling and jumping for escape). RotT will not instantly win the mini-game nor prevent interruption (as one would hope it would). If you do the mini-game, you gain i-frames to finish the animation, which is quite helpful.

The idea is to bunch them up at mid-range baiting their hugely telegraphed rabid bite (not the mauling combo in close quarters though funny when they hit each other) until side-switching into the clear with a roll for enough space/time to distance the top from the bottom. Do this three more times, I believe (just enough room to hop through a gap in the exit versus waiting until it fully opens). Sort of odd that Krate can't catch this and pry it open or attack the big chains, but whatever.

For those going with more lethal aims, you can still get cute with the likes of air MotK spam (bunch them up). Not especially difficult. The real money? The usual (spamming ground OS). Take care with OS kill too near the ceiling as it can be interrupted by the animation. While neat you could potentially use the same dog over and over for BKB, it is too risky, I'd say (doubt their numbers fully expire unlike their orb drops). Hell, when you know one is low on life, you could lazily switch gears (BH 't,t')."

Souls will help make the respawn waves wide open. Going so far as to work EH just to do it is an option for at least one wave with an MP chest ahead and virtually no value in the currency beyond tricking/canceling (with CC for the latter). Their HP isn't high enough to make it super sensible to go for deep aMotK or even s3 on its own (CD would be silly since their rabid medium range move has armor unlike the close range mauling).

Euryale's Temple:Cavern

Titan Minotaur 2

-Sleep spot can help if trying to keep TM2 behaved while handling the bats. Souls can't just down them, which sucks. Landing aMotK while leaping off the vertical rope would be neat for collisions if you can land it (CC for safety). Ruination may be more practical with souls behaving them (flick and legion). With the big boy, rush in during the sleep, work the flank and go hard (with flicks for raffs). Really, the usual. Just before back-up arrives, get clear. Trying to get funny with deep aMotK to send them at TM2 would be...ill-advised. Just using air OS in an infinite air OS is pushing it (and not on theme). You COULD try to get super advanced with air t1 downing the birbs. With the blazing bat down, maybe then LoS whiff to have the souls juggle it then CC at the right time to alt.OH at TM2. Guess what isn't likely to ever happen? That. Even with the burning birdy's partner out of the way and cow golem busy with some other animation (instead of spamming rock toss while you attempt such a goofy move). Frankly, playing it straight is probably best. You're in for a bad time getting too cute.

Catacombs of the Fallen

-Entry or exit boundary. Shatter. More of the usual skelly stuff, really.

Destiny's Atrium

-Break the door

12BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Wed 27 Mar 2024 - 14:54

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>GKPAIN+
True, true.

13BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Sat 6 Apr 2024 - 16:01

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Island of Creation:Walkway

-Boundary at the start. Not sure souls will reach across gap. Above archers (across gap) souls can go down upon them. Backtracking is a pain from the final gap, but doable. Obviously deep aMotK can knockback for RO against the Caps. Souls won't be super helpful with them, but LoS should do well against the others. Maybe cheese the first group with souls from outside line-of-sight (through walls). When bouncing, go in with MotK. Rush the gap, cross, LoS down at the archers into aMotK dynamic entry? LoS, cross the gap and play by ear. If the opening is good enough, aMotK (CC) as needed. If not? Pull the first Cap to the boundary, then rush the archers (leaving him behind like after deep aMotK further into the boundary) so LoS can open them up for attacks. With that cleared, let the Cap come to the gap for an obvious conclusion. Cross gaps and rush down the archers though you could go up the ladder, LoS at them, aMotK (CC) and switch gears for obvious RO on Cap at the gap.

Courtyard of Atropos

-Savepoint for checkpoint exploit. Boundary at ladder, where the block drops and beyond the gate into the lower halls (not great though with LoS maybe you can work it out for cam abuse to open them up then go hard with a punish if not ruining). Crushing with EH from boundaries leaves out BH. Wouldn't count on them on-camera letting you use souls to open them up. Maybe you could OS into pursue or jump to air s1 over the ladder you came from as a psuedo-RO? Really it is forcing the matter a bit. Deep aMotK is too forced for collisions in this case.

Halls of Atropos (lower)

-(Priests/Minotaur Grunts) Getting atop or behind pillars (set in front of the lever) allows some nonsense that MotK can probably do alright with. Probably not your bag. I'd sooner recommend just standing on the platform meant for the pillars. Realistically speaking priest is medium. Bulls job to flick and normals, which is lovely in the open in 1v1. Not so much otherwise. Not sure LoS will actually change this reality. CD would be pushing it (even with CC). Your call. EH is an obvious play, but that has nothing to do with your tool. I suppose flick and LoS can help facilitate it...from the boundary. Generally, the bulls like to crowd it, while the cleric hangs back summon spamming (or at least trying). You can get into a spot where you need to sync the x3 kill (as it will probably end up being) just to get in on the caster. Actually luring the guy close enough to cheese from the platform is a bother. Might be easier to just go ahead and run around in the open. If you let yourself, you can OS to open him up into flicking and LoS until he dies (CC for safety if the bull gets in).

-I'd recommend doing the goats before them. Rush by, get the checkpoint and do it in reverse order. As such, you can work the boundary from the champ room to cheese. Lure them all here if you can. Crowd 'em real good. Or rush by and go back to the ladder that leads to this particular spot. Another fine selection. I don't as much recommend getting cute as birbs are flying in since souls won't just down them (RO) nor will they stop spawn-in of the minor grunts (air OS would). I think RO is out of the question from the bridge's end.

-(2 Satyrs) Could do a lot of running away and MotK with CC for safety. I remember this as a bother. More so with deep aMotK for collisions. They're medium, so you can't expect a ton in 1v2. Maybe you use deep aMotK into flick into EH to crush? Pushing it. Getting one stuck on the floor spike in terms of pathing would take work. Not much of any real good stands out for our focuses.

Hall of Atropos (upper)

-(Exterior) Each alcove is a boundary. Souls will chip down. Where the interactible is, you can break it, move it slightly ahead, get behind it and cheese (including MotK if they get low to the ground). Possibly an exit boundary if fast.

-(Interior) Entry boundary. Exit high ground (MotK). Boundary below and to the right of high ground. All exploitable in obvious ways (collisions, crushing *if not ruin* and chip).

-navigate

-(Root 1) Think you can just leap back from where you land here to grapple away for nonsense with MotK (CC for safety). The high ground above it might be too much for MotK without LoS's help. As you approach the corner you only trigger the first spawn pool. Simplifies things with less foes at once. Maybe you want to try for RO the way you came (air s1 stuff)? With them cleared, round the corner and AotF with obvious RO is wide open. High ground along right. I think it is low enough for MotK without set-up. Might be able to extend root, cross and have them follow only to not make it (RO). Use souls to slow them if keeping it BH specific. I forget.
-(Root 2) Root RO antics. Don't think souls can reach over such a large gap. More AotF abuse. Think RO is disabled.
-(Root 3) Same notes.

Bathouse of Atropos

Perseus

Stage 1 - I have extreme doubts souls can target him while invisible. The only time I'd expect maybe either version could is the end of charge (not even sure those hits would count). Probably useless. As for MotK, NBR+ NUR+ notes would be good to share here: "Right, the game crash. So, I won't be RotT tanking while TB tricking. Forgot about that business (mentally, I more associate this with TRAN KNEE). Pity. I don't plan on letting him charge just to TB him when briefly allowed to target. Think I can just line it up to hit even when free aiming (where CR won't hit save the end). I've had him sling spam while on the other side of a corner, allowing air MotK (~14 should do it). At the start, he is just to left, but isn't possible to hit for ~1.5s. Can punish right away. Having him chase just to punish with air MotK isn't hard with the old understanding of his roll limitations. It would be harder to do t0/t3 (let alone deep and augmented). A more potent version of that would be with BH t2* (not sure if both heavies would be super doable). His "O" is actually active for about half the animation (might be a bug). Probably 2s to react, so being on-top of it is good. Takes ~5 MotK to get him back to "O" if you miss it.

For fun, I opted to beat him as if I could see/hear him. We know how he works for the most part. Small splash? Warped. Big splash? Charge (6s). Hits pretty high, but you can get over it safely (just tough). Slow enough you can just trot away, actually. Interesting. Has the 2-string, the "V" (diving slashing to our flank then from there to what would be our rear), the tri-shot, single and quad barrage. Sling stuff tends to be easily heard. For his CQC melee, you mostly just stick and move to mid-range (outside his first swing) and move away until you can idenitfy if he dove or swung on you (if not an obvious tell like the splashing). If the former, you attack where he'll be next. If the latter, let him whiff the second and punish from where you came from.

Charge is simple enough. The moment you see the big splash, there is 5-6s (somewhere in there) before he times out. His visibility reduces and the water disturbance stops. If you get a feel for this as I have, you can just work with BH 't,t' (probably RotT, but I didn't want to bother). He's not terribly hard to just keep relatively close to like this. Were it not for the run, you could turtle up, but that's the name of the game, ain't it? Start-up of charge is an opening for perhaps all of 't,t' with a TB cancel. If not close enough, you can still edge him with t1 (maybe t2) using TB cancel before trotting away to continue timing out the charge (for the finishing punish). When he takes enough DMG, he will warp away (even if in the middle of something like this).

Probably the hardest for me to punish is the sling (in theory, BH t1 before and after each). They aim where we would be, not where we are (which is nice for leading shots). He'll use them from off-screen, so you need to hear the cues. Air tricking can help. Splits do not track relative to use (where he starts firing is where they will go in the usual formation). His singles (thus barrage aswell) vertically track quite well, so it can be hard to avoid just by going airborne."

Stage 2 - He will probably block and maybe counter. Souls could be godawful here (only maybe a little tickle when busy in an attack animation). Pretty sure the souls hitting him as he runs to Flash (if they even do that) will deal 0DMG. Otherwise: "Air MotK knockback CAN work, but no matter what I did I couldn't use it for lockdown (combo of multi-hit and not quite being fast enough let him escape). BH s3 can send him flying as expected, but it won't lock him, either. Sling just won't let me punish it (he blocks regularly). May as well interrupt it. Don't attack his guard enough to provoke his counter (air MotK was good for causing this flurry). You CAN trick his moves, but the new delayed thrust and shield slap are both tricky (owing to the timing). Easy enough to trick the 2-string and dive (won't do both parts of it). Probably not possible to trick the full flurry with TB alone (maybe with rapid cycling between it and EH).

Easier than negating his attacks is just spacing, seeing what he does and punishing it. Mostly let him whiff and punish with t1 ('t,t' if you're feeling frisky, but it can be tough to do this on the dive and thrust). I'm really not so sure his backpedal takes DMG (despite getting struck with the likes of TB). At the very least, it doesn't seem to let him enter "O" (need a hit after it). The flash needs a clear path to us or he can get stuck, so corners are a thing to consider if doing a meme version of 'no grab' where you pretend this is one you can't reverse (and your air tricking ain't always on-point). Will only help with the background spot, not the foreground. While you could negate Flash, it might be better to take it (trade such as 't,t' just as he gets in position), escape and whiff punish."

Stage 3 - Souls MAY be useful here. Potentially good for pushing into walls. Let's hope so: "More paced heavies to send into the wall with the preference being t2 (though t2* is best) land to blow by this. Likewise, you can just attack where he flashes. Alternatively, it is now a good idea to move near a wall and let it land so he'll come right where he can be opened up. I did some light testing and it really doesn't seem like even the transition to S4's moonwalk takes DMG. Lame."

Stage 4 - No DMG exists while he is hit on the way to the wall. Souls may well stunlock. Give it a shot: "His barrage is now upgrade to penta (5). Tricking the opening can be difficult (though doable). Might be safer to intentionally move behind cover, let it land, recover and rush through the hail of fire (big opening between him attacking) before pounding him to death. Not terribly difficult to lay to waste like this. No real tactics required once you're in."

Courtyard of Atropos

-Do the puzzle and press on.

Lowlands:Exterior Hallway

-Grapple into deep aMotK with flicks? Rush by, camera abuse, LoS and go in?

Lowlands:SoD Trial

-AotF and go to town with LoS and MotK or whatever (even CD for the jobbers).

Lowlands:Bridge

-Get across

Lowlands:Crossing

-Cross it

14BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Sun 7 Apr 2024 - 0:35

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Lowlands:Caves

-(Fight 1) LoS Should tie up the girls well for a clobbering.  Flick into normals while going ham on the spawning in HM might still be fast enough (even with GK) to solo each back to back.  If not, still a good start before maybe making space for LoS and Flick to tie up (failing that) retreating aMotK (deep MotK with CC if balls out).  If back to 1v1, lockdown strats with souls to flex it while you can.  No need for false OS this day.  Should be a strong showing.  You COULD work EH for the sirens (maybe even bulls).  Ruin (crush).  Your call.

-(Fight 2) I'd sooner use MP here.  Goats are NOT a good fit.  Trying to knockback with deep aMotK on them doesn't seem super wise.  Flick (to play pretend), space and petrify then MotK crush.  Refill (if need be) into the same.  Just get rid of the goats tempting as it would be to use them for collisions into shattering of HJ (heavy tanks also not great for this run).  Run away into retreating 180 aMotK zoning or even cute leaps over their attacks into deep aMotK punishment (with CC for safety) can do the trick.  Flick if trying to provoke chases as if they need encouragement (though I'd sooner MotK at them with CC to get back into ready stance/position).

Great Chasm

Icarus

-N/A

Atlas:Face

-Souls can hold them still for EH or air slaps or whatever.  I forget if you can really run away from the first batch for a boundary or work the wall.  Maybe you can go above to MotK as they try to rise to your level?  After crossing the gap, maybe projectile at them a bunch?  Trigger the next batch, then blind backtrack fo for such stunts?  Possible swat them from the sky for RO?  You would have to try pretty hard to get something neat here.

Atlas Innards:Spine Chamber

-HJ obviously lets you get high ground to cheese with souls.  Maybe MotK (if not after LoS) can get birbs (scrape them from above)?  You can move the spine for a boundary.  Running from one side to the other for chipping is meh.  Wouldn't try for collisions like this, really.  I mean, maybe souls then s3 (certainly not CD)?  Your call if you want to do these things.  I'd sooner kill the birbs, then move on from bats to just let souls hold chumps in place for EH.

Atlas Innards:Battle Arena

Titan Minotaur 3

Stage 1 - Skip

Stage 2 - N/A

Stage 3 - Zone like a mofo or go ham (usual) with flicks (for the lulz).

Atlas Innards:Puzzle Room

-Navigate ahead

Atlas Innards:Hades Nymph Hive Chamber

-Souls will definitely NOT target hives.  I doubt MotK can catch them, but go for it.  If it can reach from the boundary. Awesome.  Do that for the opener .  If not, get in for deep aMotK.  See if it can multi-hit.  If not, just go hard.  Souls can keep the bugs behaved, at least.  They help in that way (valid).  Flex on this place with HJ to leave when you're done (rather than the shortcut most don't realize exists here at the second hive cluster *which I find troubling*).

Atlas Innards:Climbing Section

-Maybe you could backtrack to the start to be silly, but a beeline to the first opened up hidden chest spot (rather than the exit one) makes sense for souls and shockwaves killing them as they try to chase you.  Then again for the next spot.  Do what you can.

Atlas Innards:Puzzle Room

-Use the Thermal Draft to exit

Atlas:Hanging Platforms

-(Atlas Lift) Would be nice to have mastery of getting the natural spawns stuck on the chain.  Pretty sure these projectiles can't reach far enough from the platform prior to the lift for killing a non-respawning birb (slowly) as to have one less thing when starting.  Would be more about runaway aMotK (or deep if bold enough with CC) to chip.  Birbs probably won't stay away long enough for you to realistically medium lock with LoS after getting them into the air with something like IA (an option now though not a super good one *maybe it into deep aMotK is a thing with walls to their back keeping them close as a sort of Spike*).  Definitely souls to attempt to EH.  Got a refill coming up.  Even GK can't mess it up.  Clearing harpies helps makes openings to do other things.  Not sure I'd recommend getting cute with false OS at tip range on Caps just to make them whiff their throw (as before, they aren't forced to taunt after it unless it lands on us, so it isn't the tech it could have been).

Atlas' Arm:Wall A

-Backtrack and kill with souls or reach the top and try getting funky souls and air GF/GS while backleaping from the wall over the grapple if you want to be super try hard.  The usual is fine.  This really isn't so much built for the run.

Atlas' Arm:Rock Puzzle

-HJ skip it

Atlas' Arm:Wall B

-Navigate it

Atlas' Arm:Hand

-Break the Chain, resist Atlas' grip

-(AQ trial) Lots of room, corners for funneling a bit, collisions (deep aMotK, CD, s3, etc.), infinite MP for EH (LoS set-up) and all that jazz.

The Great Chasm

-Navigate ahead

Palace of the Fates:Palace Courtyard A

-(Entrance) Not sure how good LoS/Flick will prove for interrupt.  Maybe run towards one as flick targets the other to slap?  Not sure if it'll be able to stop them, really.  GR probably can, but the timing...or Flick (maybe) into GF for the other?  Hard to say.  IF stuck with a bad hand, you can grab one, even (pretty sure a slap from BH early will work just fine to stop one).  With a summon, you will likely want to GR and bust what you can to pay them back for the humiliation.  Then work the bridge.  Ideally with LoS/Flick holding them for air s1 RO. Failing that, OS set-ups into deep aMotK.  Surely not s3 or CD to this end nor using more MP on EH.  IA into Flicks can be a set-up, but you need to be doing BH attacks for them to come out in such a case, so air normals while using (R) to make that work if not MotK.

Palace of the Fates:Spiked Floor Chamber

-(Spike Room) FLIGHT for sure.  Just SH into glides for speed and DH into glides for big clears as needed around the outer edge (I fancy CCW).  Do so until the gate is at the exit (about to reach the block).  Then fight between those two spots (statue there) between panels.  Stand your ground with souls into EH   or BH slaps.  Your call.  Hard to chase them down and easy to get web'd and dead (from spikes).

-Get the Crank

Palace of the Fates:Palace Courtyard B

-Skip like a REAL VET

East Auditorium:Hallway A

-Navigate

East Auditorium:Hallway B

-Ignoring reverse order testing, just zone them as they come around the corner with projectiles and such if not sending them into each other or letting souls suspend for landing shots.  No MP spending for sure.

-Get the block

Auditorium of Lahkesis

-(Wave 1) Barrier abuse v1 with projectiles to do it.

-(Wave 2) Barrier abuse v2 with projectiles to do this as well if only briefly.  Then abandon that position to work the W3 boundary and camera with more projectiles if you want to get cute.  If left with a goat, you can try LoS lock or some such.  Really doubt IA into deep aMotK against the invisible wall in the central circle will allow RO as it can with super launch PS, sadly.  Again, don't want to spend MP.

-(Wave 3) Checkpoint exploit for sure.  Early drop strat into glide (or fall and roll).  After that, I don't see this going great.  Too many targets for souls to do more than pull aggro (their big help while obscuring vision).  Similar for MotK (CC as ever for recovery).  Bounce can't collide unless it takes FG to "O" (Then you eat an L for 50DMG).  Beware this fact if they're too close.  RotT for tanking might need to be a thing along with more classic BH heavy pounding.  I don't really know that you can realistically hope to mess around even after ground OS set-up at the start (let alone later) with souls to hold him afloat for LoS (let alone other things).  Pipe dream, I'd say.  Might have to fully resort to EH carry.  GF on first then crush.  GR for follow-up trying to catch before summons and maybe some natural spawns (probably with RotT to limit damage on your boys).  Then go ahead with souls and shockwaves to get their attention before clappin' cheeks.  Be real.  Don't stress too much here.

-Crush his Head, get the key, open the door and head through Hallway C and Hallway A to Palace Courtyard B then use the key on the Ram Door.

West Auditorium:Spiked Wall Hallway

-Possible souls to do something, but I think their numbers will be too much beyond an opening and closing gimmick.  You can flick while doing other things, sure.  Even focusing on deep aMotK for collisions (or hazard) is pushing it.  CD could maybe be messed with (CC for recovery) in tandem with flicks (if not LoS beforehand).  I'd rather no any more resorting to EH so soon.  Not with the hazard to use.  You could maybe get cute with RotT tanking while slapping, but risk crashing if canceling.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

West Auditorium:Garden of the Gods

-Hear yourself, Praise the Saint, break wall, navigate ledge leading ahead

West Auditorium:Sacrificial Chamber

-Souls to make the widow past tense as you pull levers only maybe with false OS or deep aMotK to send her deep into the kitchen where ho(l)es belong

West Auditorium:Blood Tunnel Chamber

-Navigate it.

West Auditorium:Iced Phoenix Puzzle

-Do the puzzle and proceed.  Can use LoS and flick before burning with the hazard for raffs.  Maybe send them below into the lever pit and projectile down at them?  Get both out and collide them?  1v1 and flex Flick into normals?  Open the way ahead and boundary?

West Auditorium:Nymph Nest Chamber

-Souls might right above.  Maybe.  Probably not, but downing would be sweet.  MotK probably won't reach without being in the room.  Retreating to the boundary to chip at them is mostly pointless with respawn.  Frankly, you will probably have to settle for going in with direct hits below (Flicks to pretend) and go above for the normal.  Backleap off the wall to the hive above for style points and efficiency if not trying to get extra cute with air BH TB canceled strikes and Flicks (super try hard).

West Auditorium:Pantheon of Atropos

-Too many targets to really expect Souls to do well at setting up a switch to BoA for alt.OH or just air OS.  Relying on throws doesn't seem right. Same for EH (to ruin).  Might resort to GR (if not less CB spawns).  Can do kill order strats to get just x1 CB (CB4) after 1v1 (CB1 or CB2 after killing CB3 second).  CB4 with FJ1 and FJ2 is still a bummer.  If you can GR, you may as well try to crush the FJ as priority.  Getting all of them at once as you are doesn't seem reasonable to attempt.  If left with just CB4, you can false OS to force either a slap (defend) or bug (OS DMG) and free shots.  Flicks and shockwaves really don't matter.  We're not allowed to HJ the barrier and get cute, so it is what it is.  Going for CB4 as priority is folly as chipping the HJ sucks.  If you were left with them, flick to pull into 1v1 (then no holds barred to wear it out).

West Auditorium:Fate Statue Puzzle

-Do it

Auditorium of Atropos

-Save the Translator then crush him

-Get Warrior Skull, open door

West Auditorium:Thermal Lift Puzzle

-Do it

Palace of the Fates:Courtyard B

-Shy of direct hit, I don't think even LoS can do the trick with their taunt opening.  MotK could as I recall.  Maybe from across the gap.  Think that's right.  Pull them for RO.  Maybe leave one to AotF so you can spam souls while going ham possible with time slow deep aMotK just to show it off fully a bit on our final girl.  You do you.

The Underground:Bone Crusher

-(Spiked Ceiling Elevator) LoS might do alright to send them up though I wonder if it'll be high enough for reaching the spiked ceiling safely.  MotK can work, either way.  No need to LoS, rez and beat down or go for collisions (let alone crush/ruin).

The Underground:Lava Chamber A:Hallway A

-Let them cross and RO (or beat on the rope from below).

The Underground:Lava Chamber A:Hallway B

-False OS need not apply (nor 360 toss).  Souls might help the archers above behave as you get to their position.  Keep them off camera.  Return and shatter.  Obvious stuff.  No need to RO.

The Underground:Lava Chamber A:Hallway C

-Drop from above and go hard (work camera, RO, collide, etc.).

The Underground:Lava Chamber B

-Navigate ahead (easier with secret lever pulled *not sure MotK from above the breakable wall or across the way can land on it, but I know you can't leap, air attack, IL into glide and be alright as they forbid this movement, which is lame like not having an upgrade to allow an IA style HJ or triple jump using the wings or air evade and IA without auto-pursue or boosting IO to have a better cone and DMG*)

Phoenix Chamber:Platform A

-Navigate ahead.

Phoenix Chamber:Platform B

-Souls probably reach skellies from across the gap, but I doubt MotK can.  More collisions, rez abuse or RO.  Get rid of them for 1v1 with cap'n (IA into the spikes or draw away to RO if not rush to pull lever and send him into the spikes.  Too much work.

Phoenix Chamber:Boreas Puzzle

-With spikes up, MotK through them to break the wall so the newbies spawn into death.

Phoenix Chamber:Hallway

-Navigate ahead

Phoenix Chamber:Flame Wall Chamber

-Good use of cover placed for optimal working of boundary.  Can try to collide the caps into birbs or whatever, but really just MP them away (maybe with set-up for ruin).  Chests aplenty for this stunt and full refill before it would ever matter slightly (given only EH here).  With only birbs, you can throw, soul or whatever.  Deplete them.  Move into position, refill more, trigger the caps and more crushing.  Don't think we can send them over the gap (I feel like there was a pit there along the wall, but I forget).  Would be tight anyway.  Going to the exit to chip from above (even with souls) doesn't seem like a real option worth exploring.

Phoenix Chamber:Platform B

-Cross to the savepoint for soul cheesing to show it is a thing (slow as Hell).  Then fight for real.  Collisions using skellies on man-bear-pig.  Kill order could allow some 1v1 handling with flick lock for normals, which is desirable, too.

-Pull the lever

Phoenix Chamber:Circular Stairwell

-Not sure about entry boundary let alone RO.  See what can be done in the way of cheese (as with projectiles from below/across if they follow all the way).  Going to the top and taking them as they try to chase can work.  Maybe pull to the lift, get on it and cheese from atop it.

Phoenix Chamber:Exit Chamber

-Pull the lever

-Use Boreas

Palace of the Fates:Interior A

-Chain

Palace of the Fates:Interior B

-Blow Horn, navigate to door, open it

Palace of the Fates:Upper Palace A:Elevator Puzzle

-Off-cam LoS set-up to beat ass (without Kamikaze *killed in air*)

Palace of the Fates:Upper Palace B

-Use the levers

Palace of the Fates:Upper Palace B:Palace Window

Last Spartan

-Cry deeply (just the usual outside trying hard with flick n' daMotK)

Kraken

-Let it activate RotT and move the body early.

Stage 1 - See if Souls can reach the head sore at all and hit (or target tentacle sores for cheese from the true TB sweet spot preferably).  After confirming, do things normally?  MotK can reach from the sweet spot (deep aMotK for bonus points on tentacle).  Really, heavies and flicks.

Knob 1 - Try souls on it while scaling (because you know better).

Stage 2 - ...

Knob 2 - ...

Stage 3 - Get away (Me) or get close (Zim) for rage pound.  Probably not going to the TB sweet spot (Me *again*).  Then Flick and sync.  Whatever.

-Cross the Bridge

Palace of the Fates:Phoenix Platform

-Tame the beast and ride

Spire:Temple of the Fates:

-Do the puzzle

Temple of the Fates:Throne of Lahkesis

Lahkesis

S1:P1 - AotF into Return to down then ground pound (flicks to pretend they help).  I wouldn't expect raw projectiles do you real good here.

S1:P2 - ...

Stage 2 - Sky handling with air t1 like usual paced to avoid downing (just control).  Flick during this would almost certainly down.  Just to show it, you could try flick and LoS to see how she handles that as she tries to close the gap (as you go far away and run along walls).

Athens:Sword Bridge

Atropos

-Return when far.  Projectiles won't reach.  Not sure our souls are enough to control the horde to let us go at her (let alone lock her).  Just pound 'er.  What can you do?  I mean, you COULD try to mass deep aMotK for knockbacks at her, but even with souls and her at a corner like near the hilt that seems improbable.

Temple of the Fates:Throne of Lahkesis

Sisters of Fate

S1:P1 - AotF to get her stuck in air phase and air t1.  Sadly souls can't be sent such that they slap away Atropos if she goes to the opposite mirror.

Mirror 1 - Slow and mow down Atropos (flicks totally help for realsies).  Let Lahkesis break the mirror.

S1:P2 - Can let the beam of Atropos drive Lahkesis to the sky then air handle her again by the mirror (preferably) or AotF to Return to do knockdown strats once more.

Mirror 2 - ...

Stage 2 - Grapple into flicks and air t1 if cute.  Less so going hard on her (CC for safety) in her face.  Her projectile beats ours, so even tip range with CC just to tickle her a bit seems like a lot of fuss for little point.

-Crush the Mirror

Inner Sanctum:Hallway A

-Navigate ahead

Inner Sanctum:Circular Chamber

-Navigate ahead

Inner Sanctum:Hallway B

-Break through the wall

NOTE: Almost done.  Got a good lead now, eh?

15BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 8:20

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Inner Sanctum:Endurance Run

Wave 1 - Souls should ignore barriers as is the case for MotK.  Handy.  LoS can potentially set-up OH if not air OS for CL.  This aside for suspending while beating for "O" to toss.  Wouldn't go far as to work knockbacks, but you know the drill.

Wave 2 - Could LoS and Flick just before tripping their spawn then go hard (maybe normal string).  CG with it timed to finish while they fall into it would be precious (CC for safety).  Trying to air-to-air with deep aMotK would be funny, but probably a waste of effort.  Can just self-corner (better with high ground) and MotK from afar (aMotK is better still).

Wave 3 - Doubt you will be carelessly using aMotK here,  but you can still RotT if caught in the sky somehow.  Think souls just irritate Queens into using GB.  Can hang back and do that (instead of false OS) then Return and MotK away the sirens until time for direct shots (crushing kweens).

Wave 4 - ...

Wave 5 - Probably time to use some MP.  Not sure how practical it is even with CC for point blank MotK to break HM, really.  I'd more be proposing you take out the goats.  800RES is rough.  GR covers it in a single cast (not sure you want to try GF into GS to save MP).  Then just break them.  Two reps of this on x2 goats and they're exiled from this encounter.  No need to try IA into Flick to LoS lock or anything like it.  With an isolated bull, flick and normals until "O" (I use 'em).  I still don't think you want 1v2.  False OS can still apply, but has little to do with you run outside maybe SJ into deep aMotK with CC (with flick after) while flanking his counter (from the shove).  Chip through barriers is a thing worth doing instead of being trapped with them.

Wave 6 - ...

Wave 7 - If able to muster enough MP, you would want to GR catch the x2 cyclops as they come in.  Doing so is a huge DUB as you know.  You can slap nearby statues while waiting for the next cyclops.  Barrier chip, tossing fools, deep aMotK nonsense, etc.  Not much mystery to all this.  Maybe GF to polish off the last Berserker leaving trash to pop-off on.

Clotho

Loom Chamber:Floor 1

-Any launcher will one-shot neutral hands.  BH lacks them.  IA can do this if timed right.  Any bounce can reset a downed hand, which you have plenty of options for (t2, air t2, LoS, MotK, etc.).  I don't know if Legion let alone Flick can play the role of bounce.  Still, they can do the ranged game through obstruction.  Probably can't target the blockage.  Worth trying, just don't get your hopes up.  You would need an IJ to get high to to hit the body above.  Do so for air t1 slaps with cancels if you want to get cute.  Can just take DMG to break the arm, get to the ceiling and BoA them.  You decide.

Loom Chamber:Floor 2

-Can go legit or skip with HJ since it is the same as the hands dealt with below (not really that interesting).  HJ being a BH thing helps justify it, too.  Plus, they are part of the body of the thing you will be killing.

Loom Chamber:Floor 3

-Probably don't need the body for orbs.  Could HJ (if not IJ) to slap the body while time slow makes that safer.  Do as you like.  AotF and go hard with strikes.  Maybe MotK can hit both arms to double output?  Hard to say.

Loom Chamber:Floor 3:Hallway

-Navigate

Loom Chamber:Floor 4

-Navigate, pull lever and get to threads

Loom Chamber:Floor 3:Strands of Time

-Operate correct strands, get to Mirror and leap through

Summit of Sacrifice

Zeus

Stage 1 - I doubt even the explosive moves with RotT will interrupt opening summons, so try if you want, but don't count on it.  Soul hits when he is at range don't count towards anything.  Same for MotK.  LoS and Flick do well on Widows.  Mind the few spots Zeus can bolt.  Could fight from near them without being in the blast range baiting such things if not the background with camera stunts and just defend against his shockwave (blockable).  Get widows to "O", use one, then attack the hand.  Deep MotK (possibly deep aMotK *maybe on the face, too*) with Flicks ought to work fine.

Stage 2 - I would expect souls to just make him dash during pretty much all of this.  MotK wasn't a lockdown option that I can recall.  Probably just have to play this straight.

Stage 3 - Don't know the bug for subs here, so BoA him.  If feeling yourself, just CR spam since you don't have use for MP beyond tricking.  If trying to be more efficient, land all your TB shots (too much effort).

Stage 4 - ...

Stage 5 - Same problem as S2.  Without a bug, we can't test RotT projectiles for shield pop'n.  When it goes down?  Remember to hang-back.

-Do the CS mini-game

The Loom Chamber

-Puzzle/mirror

---

May as well do this favor to the runner/uploader (and those interested):

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

P9

P10

P11

P12

P13

Last edited by GodModeGOD on Mon 29 Apr 2024 - 1:14; edited 6 times in total

16BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 21:04

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

GMG

Thanks for all the effort. The run is going smoothly thanks to these notes. More of them shall be incorporated in later parts. We are about to see how good souls are against the HM.

Now, some notes that I have collected during the run. Mostly about Flick and LoS. I refer to them as souls by the way.

>Mid weight enemies. LoS doesn't bounce them. However, if they are launched (by another weapon) or knocked back (aMotK), both LoS and Flick can keep juggling them (something similar to how CR can keep them pinned). You can keep Flicking and attacking with "t, t". Gorgons have a tendency to escape this setup from time to time, so its not 100% safe. You can see sample here.

https://youtu.be/htfPKU4i1UY?feature=shared&t=228

Souls can bait Gorgons to do their beam/flash. Although its not as simple as false OS. But it has an advantage of being able to bait it from a distance. Perhaps I will find an interesting use for this.

Bouncing enemies with LoS or keeping them hit stunned by Flicks is a nice setup for aMotK knockback. This can be used to setup collisions. Still, caveats apply. LoS bounces enemies but they do not change the direction they are facing during the bounce. All this means is that you cannot knock back bouncing enemies in arbitrary directions. They will fly towards where their back is facing. We need to take this into account.

Souls play well with EH. Even if the enemy blocks the souls, they buy you time to use EH while they block your souls tickles. I hope to find more use of this soon. Maybe against HM. A sample can be seen here

https://youtu.be/i-jq2LpcjBk?feature=shared&t=27

>Bosses
>Theseus
During his 1st stage, souls can be used to bait his block. Then, attacking him while he blocks can bait his grab reversal of which does nice damage. This relies on RNG. He may chose not to follow his block by the grab at all.

Other than this, he doesn't care for souls. They don't hit him during the Minotaur stage. He just acts as a distraction for souls (that might choose to fly to his direction rather than attacking Minos)

>Barbarian King
They just hit him. Thats it. Nothing interesting. If you desire, you can stay clear of him during stage 2 and chip away by souls. This will take ages though.

>The Mole
Souls can sometimes stagger him and make an opening for a hit or two.

17BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Sun 14 Apr 2024 - 4:38

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>for the effort
Likewise.  Few do such MAX weapon focus testing as this other than myself over the years.  Being that I only do write-ups, much of that goes unseen (much less read).

>about to see
Hopefully with normals while spamming Flick at some point (for 1v1).  EH does well, but that sHP is so high you have to cut the shit and go all-in for the real dps to clear (since you don't have lvl2+ TB for LV).

>some notes
Right, right.

>escape tendency
Opp specific issue (like wraiths blocking like crazy and CL just a bit), yes.

>trade-offs for snek petri-baiting
Just so.

>direction remains
It is what it is.

>play well
Good thing this ain't GoS (where blocking petrification is a thing).

>review on bosses
Sad times.

NOTE: When the series finishes, I'll probably update the post with existing links to have the rest.

---EDIT---

While waiting for Wright to share, list or make a public version, here are some tidbits regarding Clotho:

-Little Arms have 21HP
-Little Arms can have HP bypassed via launchers landing during resting state (not attacking, thus timed neutral punish)
-Little Arms downed recovery timer is reset and they full react (downing) to a launch (and now bounces)
Could potentially use IA to down the arms for a bypass (aside from skipping the second level or HJ to air t1 antics on bodies in the lower level).  You have plenty of known bounce tools for BH itself regarding already downed arms you can try out.  Flicks juggle, but aren't 'bounce'.  I'd suspect you need at least LoS types (if not the direct hit) to work on downed arms.  This aside from just chipping (provided the things target the arms at all *who can tell without just trying it*).

-Corpses are obstacles/statues (immune to P% and modifiers and explosive moves still endure P%) at 10HP each (if overlapping, it is just the one, but if not it can feel like 20)
Very much doubt souls can target these.

-Big Arms (left and right) are each 75HP
-Big Arms are downed by whatever hit comes next to whichever arm after crossing the threshold
-Big Arms regenerate HP on the non-downed arms to full (spreading doesn't work in the usual sense)
-Big Arms can both be downed if you get both to the threshold and hit at the same time (specific attack cases and timings)
-Big Arms downed this way leave one arm with HP to deplete still (can down it again for more orb release)
-Big Arms downed while downed (bug) don't affect the timer at all
The lazy set-up that came to mind for me was TS (50), LV (20) to WB (5).  That should work as a set-up where the next strike from a damage dealing source able to touch both hurtboxes at once will double down (halving the process).  TS cannot work.  LV can work.  CWB isn't tested, but there is doubt.  LoS (even with Flicks) is doubtful, but requires testing.  MotK's shockwave can work.  AQ can, but isn't consistent.  CR can (better when both arms are near each other), but Wright says it require both arms at 1HP remaining before using it (changing set-up). IA works. Maybe IO (not well). AR probably fails owing to a bugged slide during parry.  BH air s1 might work (not tested).  Doubtful air t1 would work (without weird angling).  The short range of BH doesn't fill with confidence for even the horizontals (where BoA air s1 applies as an example confirmed in the video).  There are other cases, but they aren't run pertinent.

NOTE: As a reminder, Flick is 0.3* per hit and Legion is 0.25 each.  MotK's shockwave is 15 baseline, but it is a P% case (and you have GK on VH).  Modifiers don't change that move.  For you, the blast cone is 5.625DMG each.  Direct hit isn't he focus.  Really, values don't mean as much unless you plan to do a bunch of hitting of the arms (rather than using TB for the set-up).

18BH testing with Kira Empty Re: BH testing with Kira Yesterday at 22:17

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Ok. Lets go over the final nots from the last couple of parts and put down this run. Some knowledge can be transferred to other runs (mostly Vanilla), so it is worth having it in one place.

Souls can interrupt HPoTF summoning. In general, LoS and Flick make an ass of them. They get stunlocked and you are free to do your thing while souls tickle them.

Flick slightly pushes the enemies towards their back on each hit. This can be used for position manipulation. There is a showing in the translator W3 where HPoTF gets offscreened and suspended until the fight is almost over.

Souls bait the attacks of Juggernauts.

Hades Minotaur jobs to Flicks. Just flick that analog and t,t him at the same time. Most likely he can't even strike back. Also he stays stunlocked at the same spot. So, you can essentially flick and suspend him while you deal with other enemies. Flicks can even be used to isolate 1 HM from the other in ER. Nice.

There is something interesting going on with s3 knockbacks of the enemies with BH. Usually, they fly towards where their back is. Somehow, BH s3 knockback direction is different. The fly somewhere towards where Krate is facing. I haven't fully figured out how this works. Might be worth hoping into the arena and fully testing this bit. As for how this is useful, it makes aiming for RO, collisions a bit different.  Most of the time I used this to RO enemies which were on the ground. I did not have to make their back face the RO spot. I just aimed myself at the RO spot and did s3. Part 9 has some showing. Other parts do as well, but its then one that came to my mind.

Souls can sometimes be useful for baiting Gorgons into using their heads from the distance. Could potentially just do that in ER W3.

Some stuff about bosses:

Perseus is built different. Souls do not hit him at all. He is immune for some reason.

Titan Minotaur 3: Went with MrWrights great strat of keeping his Hp at the state before he tosses the 2nd rock. Its better for anyone who reads this check his video for full understanding. Souls obviously are a safe way to inflict that tiny bit of damage you need at the start to kick the strat going. Again, thanks a lot MrWright.

The Last Spartan: Souls aren't useful against him. But there is a pseudo t1 loop that you can try. t1 block t1. Or t1 TB cancel t1. Be ready to guard though, he can still tank it and counter attack.

Kraken: N/A. Forgot to properly test souls against him.

Sisters of Fate:

Lahkesis - Souls generally make her dash away in her 1st phase. During the aerial phase, they can be used to send her down and t, t her. Although, she can choose to start dashing away in the air like a maniac.

Atropos - Maybe souls can be used to bait her to come close when used at a proper time. Haven't tested it. Otherwise, when she is near the sword, they are not recommended as she can just move away. You better spend that precious time when she is near the sword by hammering her, rather than tickling.

Both sisters - Souls can down Lahkesis from the air and make Atropos vanish into the mirror

Clotho: ....

Zeus:

This is where it gets interesting. Souls perform really good against Sirens. LoS can keep them bouncing while you slowly get them to O, use them, and go for Zeus. Although there is not CC. So, be careful as Zeus can hit you during recovery.

BoO stage: Now you have BH with you. Close combat is a nice option. Trick and t, t. Otherwise, maybe parry the bolts, trick and land attacks.

BoA stage: if you manage to retain BH here, zone and MotK. Souls can hit him and prevent his movement for a bit allowing you to land more MotK hits.

Final stage with his shield thing: Just flick until he is done

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum