You are not connected. Please login or register

Attack on Titan

5 posters

What's your solution to a people who will wipe you out in a few decades without fail and made it clear they won't ever stop trying?

Attack on Titan Vote_lcap0%Attack on Titan Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Attack on Titan Vote_lcap100%Attack on Titan Vote_rcap 100% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Attack on Titan Empty Attack on Titan Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:08 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Because the name is a meme (incorrect translation approved by the author for misdirecting and sounding cool).  Advancing Giant, by the way.  What an odd series.  Spoilers?  Incoming, of course.  Starts by pretending the last of humanity is within the large series of ring walls as humanoid huge cannibals (Giants *referred to incorrectly as Titans, which is familiar to GoW proper fans for a few reasons*).  That the set-up would be humans using tech to cleanse away these things and reclaim the Earth (rather than being forever trapped like cattle).

Not where how it works out for long.  Soon the MC (given ample reason to be cross) finds himself able to be one of those things.  Quickly enough (not without incident) gains control and uses that to combat them and seal the hole made during the invasion that started his strong desire to lash out (not just seething about wanting to see the outside).  Right. So 'flesh mecha'.  Thrilling.  Then there are others like him (of course).  Soon a conspiracy with them being from at least some colony beyond.  Unclear if 'titans' learned to disguise as humans or what the deal is just yet.

Thwart kidnapping plans of outsider infiltrators.  Apparently have some huge deal thing (Founder aside from 'Attack').  Need to get to the 'basement'.  Fighting the government that was covering up their knowledge of the truth and allowing them all to get GOT by the opps.  Overthrow them.  Thrilling little civil war.  A moe waifu become a decent character.  Lovely.  Apparently meant to be with the MC (earlier the person to be saved was to be her and not the fuccboi, but the author changed his mind feeling it was 'too early' for that element).  Too bad for the happa, eh?

Enter next phase.  Us vs Them, ancestral sins, etc.  The world is alive, mistreats the 'tribe' (not really a race) of our focus, we get time with the brainwashed tools beyond the island we've been on (as the truth is revealed from the basement), etc.  It becomes clear the other humans (because everyone here is) can't get over stupid shit and will never let it go (intending to wipe out a people they know can definitely return the favor, but don't want to).  Should have won their stupid prize, but nearly everyone in the cast gets character assassinated and basically all set-up is inverted/subverted as if to intentionally destroy the ending (as a dark comedy played upon fans).  THE END.

NOTE: This is made for the lad who wanted to talk shop.  If others wish to partake, by all means.

As for the poll options, we've got Cringevenger plan, Zeke(k)'s plan, the OG, the tainted and the alternative (both more terrible and more humane at once). N1 translates to letting the actually guilty (wolves) kill the innocent you (sheep) over a beef from before the time of either (despite the latter's people being the stronger of the two yet choosing not to forcibly mix, wipe out or eternally enslave the weaker lot). N2 is sterilizing your own, destroying the invading army, but just deterring the outside to buy enough time for your people to die out from old age (so goes the hope). You give them what they want shy of revenge. Essentially you drink from the cup of sin with a free refill even though that shit is empty.

N3? Pretty cut and dry. Counter-genocide. Uno Reverse that ass. Do unto others. All that jazz. If they can't see reason, this will squash the beef (very literally). N4? What we got. The most selfish and nonsensical path that kills the most people, betrays yours own and lets the bad people feel justified as they get revenge. Amazin'. Didn't even end the issue (titans return so it will repeat). N5 would be in essence just making it so the issue ends by having ALL people be the hated group while minimizing the deaths needed in the situation. Freedom stripped from those not mixed, but otherwise comfortable lives given to the newly pinned livestock (until THEY peacefully die off).

Of course, these are my views on things. You lot are welcome to give your takes, of course. That's the purpose for those who care to involve themselves. Unlike the real world where this isn't so black-and-white, the author made this very, VERY easy to call. But still, let us go through the motions. Mally, this one's for you lad. Just the same, should any other have familiarity, by all means. Wright has heard some of my talk on this. Zesty seemed gunshy. Feel free to talk about the series as a whole. Anything. Not just the poll, ending, dealings behind the scenes, etc. It is still just a general topic. I do advise being wise enough to mind that this is for those who have seen/read it. If you have not, this probably isn't the place for you.

2Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:46 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I didn't know you could do polls in this site.

Not much to comment since I know almost nothing about AoT. My cousins have watched the anime, and I've seen bits with them, but I largely remember nothing.

3Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:25 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

> Starts by pretending the last of humanity is within the large series of ring walls as humanoid huge cannibals
This was cool. Scary af and reminded me of horror games.

After it was revealed humans could transform into giants and all the other nonsense, I lost interest.

Same with The Promised Neverland. It was a big scary mystery. Freaked me out. Then when they escaped I thought it was dumb and quit.

4Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:24 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

^I had similar issues, but where you're more like my best friend who will drop that ass fast, I'm more patient with the fuckery. It was losing me with flesh mecha, only slightly pulled the dip with talk of others beyond the walls (explaining the nature of the creatures), but started making some actual recovery with the civil war (humans vs humans with intrigue)...only to risk a full engines failure with time travel talks that ended up not being quite as bad initially feared.

Us vs Them (essentially making obvious that this was an "The Eternal Champion" ripoff) and what it represented (especially amusing to test where people's heads are out on the demoralization scale) put it at heights beginning to exceed the initial prospect (the amount of asshurt possible was really tantalizing like few things shy of lunatic shipping *good thing it had plenty of that and politics to spare*) only to get sabotaged beyond belief. The message it would have sent while so popular was beyond acceptance for the powers that be. No way was it getting animated let alone sent to the West as it was shaping up to be. Not a fucking chance.

Wright: >didn't know
Nor I. Saw the option, followed directions and here we are.

>almost nothing
Beyond what I've mentioned, yes.

>watched the anime
Condolences for the more recent seasons in particular. I have yet to bring myself to stomach such atrocity.

>seen bits
Likely early material. Recall anything?

5Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

I finished the AoT manga. Some aspects were great and maintained that mystery/horror feel like how they'd take refuge in the tall trees while the giants waited below or finding the village which hinted that humans may have been transformed into giants. Kind of like RE if zombies were huge.

Should've stayed like this. Overall I hated it.

6Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:13 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>finished
Oof. Sorry to hear that.

>some were great
I know the ones.

>horror
Usually tragically shit in manga from my experiences so far. Good for comedy like the 'spiral' guy with all this goofy offerings. Ito, I believe.

>hated it
As you should. I would have been very happy with the original set-up (pre-flesh mecha). However, for other reasons, I would be greatly pleased had he somehow powered through to go full Erekose. The sphincter seething would have been legendary even in Hell. Wasn't to be. Instead, ANNIE ATE A PIE! Funniest shit I ever saw (fuck everything about Cringevengers).

7Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:15 am

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

Here I am, at last.

>the name is a meme
In my country they used the term giants rather than titan, wonder if it’s the same for other languages as well.

>odd series
Indeed. Plenty of potential squandered for no (good) reason.

>SUBVERSION
I too love killing only a part of my enemies, angering them further and leaving them alone giving them time to rebuild their power (which WILL use now without question, as we’ve seen, because of course). Can’t have that, we need to get muh cycle of revenge for the billionth time.

>N3
The best answer imo and the one they should have gone with. I remembered that you mentioned TEC when I asked you about AoT, saw what it was about and the connection between the two works. I haven’t read it, but the events that happen seem to be pretty similar, just with the better ending (wiping them all out, thus ending the cycle). I remember you also mentioned Muv-Luv as a AoT inspiration, but I haven’t delved too much into that.

>Didn't even end the issue
What can I say, you gotta end a story with muh cycle, people always eat that shit (except this time a lot didn’t fortunately).

>N5
Sensible choice too but N3 makes for the better ending imo. I imagine you’re also a proponent of N3, but maybe I’m wrong.

>easy to call
Despite his best intentions. How people see the ending as "grey" and not a complete waste of time is beyond me. Diminishing returns probably.

8Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:42 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Wait hyperfist you’re Japanese?

9Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:48 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>muv-luv inspiration
It was the Hopechads biggest cope for AoE happening and I’m in a group of friends regarding AoT and politics with any of those people there having hope in AoE still and it’s possible it can happen.

>The anime
Mappas biggest sin was butchering many of the characters expressions that destroyed a couple of scenes. The ending in the anime was much better though although isayama was self inserting himself too much.

>many didn’t like message
The anime made people gobble that shit up more.

10Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:11 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>biggest cope
And now it circles back thanks to sufficient interference as to get the disastrous ending that will no doubt lead to another cycle (as in the material in question) Thrilling.

>Hopechads
>chads
Nah.

>AoE
AnR?

>can still happen
The Chosenites will never allow it in something so internationally popular. Mr. Onsen lacks the balls to take swings on 'em like Miura did for far less important things (what got his dick hard *read: little girls*). Even some incest guy had more guts. In the end, he burned things down for all. Earlier he spoke of writing an ending to 'hurt fans', but he meant the Mist path (killing off all the friends as they stupidly oppose the only sensible option in ways that don't really logically follow their characters). What we got was NOT that. Everyone took the L (retroactively ruining the whole series).

>AoT and politics
Became a thing in its final form (not so much the 'third' interaction while first and second really had nothing to do with it). As I mentioned, it became a fantastic test of demoralization. If you were all aboard with MC train up until this point, then suddenly can't vibe with him, you already know what's up. I couldn't stand the jobber protagonist until the fourth section. He just couldn't stop disappointing me. I like ragetard revenge-a-holics, but his failures were just too obscene. He finally manages to come out the others side a champ only to get super buttfucked with horrid writing intentionally destroying him.

NOTE: At least Floch was forever proven right (and never got MONG'd). King Floch deserved all the best. Loyal to the end. Brave in the face of fear. Not some superhuman. No fantasy powers. Not some super elite. Just doing all he could for his people. Unsightly seeing him disrespected. The rare ginger worthy of admiration. Not even sure how he has those genetics in Paradise, really.

>butchering
Their pitiful attempts to make the ending work better, I'm sure. How successful it was is hard to say. Choosing to faithfully adapt it is just gross, but then it wasn't like there was any chance in Hell they finished going full "The Eternal Champion". Speaking of which, have familiarity with that business, Omar?

>gobble up shit
Anime-only being shameful? Unheard of. Definitely not something I've had to contend with for decades with DB. My hatred for them is not unlike NPCs themselves. Little difference. The diagram is a circle best I can tell.

11Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:55 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

GMG: >condolences
Not sure what their impressions are about the finale.

>bring yourself
Why even consider it at all?

>recall anything
I remember the name Eren, but I forget how the person even looked like. I also remember a big wall of some sort, and humans fighting giants. That's about it, really.

12Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:45 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Asgards wall in raggy is much cooler than any wall in aot that’s all I’ll say.

13Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:12 am

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

@Omar
>Jap
I’m a Europoor, take a guess.

>Hopechads
I’m out of the loop.

>AoE
Area of Effect? Aend of Evangelion? Armin over Eren?

@Birdman
>hated it
Can relate.

@GMG
> Chosenites will never allow it in something so internationally popular
You’d think it wouldn’t be the case, considering what the Eldians are a parallel for.

>Floch was forever proven right
It’s hilarious how in the anime ending they made the buildings in Paradis more advanced to suggest that the bombing took place centuries from Eren’s jobbing instead of 100 or so years (clouding the reasons for Paradis’ destruction).  

I want to expand on some points.
I started the series long ago (because some of my friends were really into the anime), but only read about 3 volumes or so before getting bored. I picked it up again only relatively recently after the manga ended, since I heard all the fuss about the ending, and wanted to see for myself. I wasn’t disappointed in that regard.

Now, for the phases of the series. The premise is pretty great and the setting was pretty unique. Eren’s resolve is pretty cute, and the story moves at a brisk pace, with the retaking of the Wall and the key to the basement being immediate and concrete goals that promise to split the series into manageable arcs and to set up future ones. It was annoying how many characters were introduced just to get killed two pages after (I still remember the memes about that), but overall nothing too crazy.
The flesh mecha stuff was pretty disappointing (not what I envisioned at first), but to be fair they get it out of the way as soon as possible and makes for interesting dynamics when the little Marleynian shits are introduced.
The civil war was well executed, even if a bit too “clean” (they get what they want too easily imo), but it’s understandable. Basement reveal was what you’d expect (hard to not see it coming).
Starting the “Us vs Them” arc, it’s unbelievably boring. Too much time spent on Marley hammering home the point that Eldians are mistreated. We get it. Also some on the nose real world parallels that weren’t necessary (armbands). Historia gets completely and utterly sidelined for no good reason. She gets what, two “important” scenes after the timeskip? Best girl gets shot, sad! I didn’t like that Eren became that much of a lone wolf, but again, nothing too crazy. The problem is that this meant that A and M got sidelined so much that the author had to make them the most important people in the story by the end, since they’re on the cover. And how do you do that? Simple, you disregard everything that was set up by this point and pull the “Love” card out of your ass. It really reads like fanfic of the worst kind.
The rumbling itself was well done, but I didn’t care too much for the Alliance vs Founding battle (now everyone is here, hey remember Bertolt?). Some bizarre plot holes and last minute retcons, like Eren using the Colussus despite not having acquired it (because we really needed two Colossus punching each other), the bigass worm that wasn’t set up nor explained in any manner, Ymir needing to be freed not once but twice and so on. The cherry on top of the shit pie is 139 of course, which gifts us with the amazing explanation for the Rumbling (aka “I dunno”), Eren’s love for Mikasa, the fact that the Ackermans can get their memory wiped out after all, the hilarious explanation for Mikasa’s headaches. And of course, we get the bombing and the (supposed) rediscovery of the titans, because muh cycle.
Another thing I disliked was the fact that Eren could see the future. Any time this shit happens is just to excuse bad writing with “the character already knew what was going to happen and couldn’t stop it”, and it’s no different here.

As for the other poll options. N1 sounds good on paper (the Alliance plan), using a partial Rumbling to scare the rest of the world for some time, while you catch up with everyone technologically and make political and commercial connections with the ones who tolerate you, but this wasn’t going to last and the Alliance was too stupid to bring the plan to fruition in a timely manner. Still, with more capable people could have been the answer, especially if they also demanded to stop the indoctrination. Deterrence is pretty powerful after all.
N2 is the defeatist plan, and only Zeke could have brought it to fruition because there’s no way the people of Paradis would have accepted it (since they aren’t brainwashed). Probably the option that would result in the least casualties (doesn’t technically kill anyone), but even this isn’t a good option, considering the series at large.
I already talked about N3 (the BASED and CORRECT choice) and N4 (the CRINGE and WRONG choice).
N5 is good (as I said already), but it would require a lot more work compared to the others. Overall the only choice that would guarantee the survival of both Eldians and Marelynians (and the rest of the world).

14Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:13 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>AOE
Anime(but now alternate) original ending. Hopechads are people who still believe in the ANR ending(where eren kills everyone by becoming a nationalist which to me gets rid of the point of 131) with there even being a big fanfic by people who said yams was a hack and that they will fix it and proceeded to make the worst piece and cringe garbage I have load my eyes on.

>worldbuilding
Was always one of the series biggest issue yeah, it’s just Marley eldia and the rest of the outside world.

>RTS
PEAK ARC. Midnight sun was also PEAK. Uprising was butchered in anime(best example is it getting rid of a lot of mikasas development she had there but I did like the inclusion of a tinsy bit more of development with her and historias relationship and then getting closer**her telling her to punch levi and smiling when she does**). RTS was the same THANK GOD.

>civil war
Would assume you mean the yeagerists.

>139
I like it as flawed as it is but the biggest issue it has is being FAR too open ended for its own good. Anime fixed like, a bit of this but made the issue arguably worse in other areas by isayamas self inserting.

15Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:52 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Wright: >their impression
Almost certainly they will say they 'liked it'.  Most that would finish it did (read: normie).

>why
Self-punishment for academic reasons.  Zim's reasoning is the same as an old troll notion (learn something to hate it more accurately).

>remember little
So I see.  Shall I paint a basic scenario and see how you take to it?  Though I feel my OP basically did that sufficiently (for the poll).

Mally: >Armin over Eren
Spoiler:

>can relate
Do tell.

>what they parallel
Do they?  Do they really?  They're not Khazars (Slavs of Old Ukraine).  They're not Edomites (cousins of Israelites), Canaanites (third-cousins like those in Lebanon) or any other Semetic peoples (Middle-East including those in Babylon now Iraq or Persian now Iran) in how they conduct themselves, look, etc.  They are Germans with some names that can be coded as Ashkenazi (at best).  The few with black hair are Ackerman (one of them for sure gets that from being hapa).  Don't confuse the situation owing to internment camps.  Consider well that PoWs were called DEC on the Allied side when violating the Geneva rules they made up in the first place (after firebombing Germany at Dresden *as was done to Paradise with carpet bomb raids*).  The reason for them being trapped in the walls isn't related to either.

Likewise, the camps kept them from mixing (miscegenation) like a sickness, but also so they could be used as weapons of war (a stretch to compare paid manual labor the same) and all this done for being left behind (not choosing to stay behind) after ruling by POWER (not by deceit).  Power they gave up willingly.  No treachery involved.  No bitch shit relying on others.  They were the Roman Empire even as Marley LARP'd.  They were the Vikings (some version of them, anyway) before that.  Nothing about that relates to those goofs pretending to be a people they are not (and can't prove ties to since Hadrian crushed their anuses forevermore in retaliation for slaughter of 950+ villages *which is why they got booted to Zesty's neck of the woods and Palestine came to exist in place of Jerusalem*).

No, Eldians have the lightest of nods to them for a WW2 analogy, but those in Liberio (slaves of Marley) are treated as such.  Paradise is not that.  In no way could the rule of centuries prior be compared to something paltry like King David's pathetic little plots.  This was a world-wide rule (the real deal).  And the ones being targeting for extermination in that war were the Germans (Germany Must Perish even includes talk of sterilization as per Zeke's plan).  These people are known as Amalekites (among others given this title in Talmud suggesting they must all be eradicated).  Rich considering it should be the betrayers of Esau's line in particular with that dubious distinction (and Canaanites like those in Jericho were marked for total death by God *Joshua himself carried it out on the orders of the Lord appearing to him directly*).  Anyway, anyone well-read knows the casual narrative doesn't hold up at all.  British intel shows no such talk in German communications.  This in tandem with USSR giving up the paper documents also showing nothing of the sort was intended.  Eldians are not them.  Just a weird mix of peoples in a fantasy setting (that is a reversed Earth where Paradise is Not-Madagascar and Marley is in Africa of all places despite them being super light skinned).

NOTE: Ultimately, I would very much think it would be the case (as they would follow along and see it promotes agendas, conclusions, etc. they cannot approve of).  Someone is trying to wipe you out?  Oh, shit.  Don't fight back.  If you kill them, they win, cattle (what a thing to call other people)!

>made it further ahead
Changing fucking nothing.  Zero substance.

>into the anime
Easier to enjoy when you don't have to read, eh?

>3 volumes
I have no idea how far that takes you in terms of chapters.

>got bored
Probably before they got to the basement.

>wasn't disappointed
Got quite the shitshow.

>tons of fodder to kill off early on
Some series can't escape that (Gantz, Terraformars, etc.).

>too easily overthrown
Coup went smoothly as the regime were decadent.  Kenny was about all they had.  If they hadn't gotten SNUCK on by Grisha, it would have been impossible (just mindwiped other than Ackerman).

>too much time trying to make us give a shit about the brainwashed
No idea how anyone cares for Marley as a whole based on Liberio which is a bunch of beaten dogs.

>sidelined
All for a big reveal set-up never to happen (owing to interference played off in JP style as change of heart *lies*).

>gets shot
She, like Erwin, got off light.  Never MONG'd.  How the FUCK should I believe Levi and all the rest would go Cringevenger?  I'd love to go character by character analyzing why that shouldn't make a single iota of sense for any of them.  Completely unacceptable.  The author didn't put in work to justify the character assassination of any of them (and I can't blame their cases like Eren's on interference as AnR was meant to do this much anyway).  While on about potato girl, pretending Gabi was like her was insulting as Hell.  Nicolo should have violated her in the wine cellar.  Kaya should have stabbed her after.  Have Sasha's family piss on the wounds.  The little shit already KNEW the truth but STILL treated them like devils.  Fuck her and her fans up and down.  Gabbles gets gavels and gallows in this house.  Real talk.  Falco should have been tossed out the fucking air ship (Jean's fuck up).  Apparently Floch just knows a snake because that little bastard played innocent but sided with the guilty to the end.  Snakes molt.  Flay him.  Feed him to Gabbles so she lives from her wounds.  Then she has my permission to die.

NOTE: To think anyone would have the audacity in-verse (much less out-of-verse) to blame Eren for her death.

>didn't care for the lone wolf
He still had Floch and the Yeagerist playing Yelena and the Volunteers aside from Historia (lmao) and Zeke (kek).  But I preferred him being the 'one man army' (with an asterisk).  He stopped being a little bitch (until sabotaged).  Proactive and getting shit done.  Very respectable.

>A and M
Fuck 'em.  A had his time.  He came back Pet Sematary style.  He lost his ability to be a devil/monster for the humanity he swore to protect and serve.  He betrayed the martyrs and the civilians.  I'd dress him as Historia and make him be a homocumslut forever until he died of AIDS (or an impacted anus).  No dignity in my court for what he became.  And M is another waste.  Totally lost her way (simple as it was).  So many character were so deeply ruined.  How the Hell did Hange the deranged torturer become a fucking bleeding heart?  How is that a thing?  She became the thing she overthrew, kept admitting she was wrong, had no plan, should step down until business was dealt with, etc., but just kept being dumb (even died useless and delusional).  The whole list is rotten (Connie, Jean, Keith, Reiner, Pyxis, Zachary, etc.).

>on the cover
Their roles in The Eternal Champion ain't so sweet.  Mikasa was supposed to get killed by Eren in the Rumbling.

>the Cringevengers and Paths Pals
What heresy it was to see Kruger there (as if Grisha being a punk wasn't bad enough).  Just total clown shit.

>using the Colossal
Rather than War Hammer.

>the worm
Even though it had a totally different form (and doesn't matter to any of this).

>double freed
Even though it was her steering the boat, not Eren (so taking out Zeke should have meant nothing with her acting on her own accord with no orders put upon her by Eren nor even suggestion from him).

>dunno lol
Good stuff, but then the author like gags (as his parody verse makes clear).  He wrote the finale in that same fashion to spike the ball if he couldn't tell the tale properly as he set-up for over a decade.

>cycle
Muv-Luv, baby.

>could see the future
His.  And it should have (at best) been possible events to work towards.  With nothing to perceive beyond, he should know it is down to him (even more reason to not leave things to chance).

>wasn't going to last
It can't work at all.  Humanity never drops the grudge (even their partners of Not-Japan hate them and only value their resources) and will absolutely have the tech to negate Rumbling as a threat.  It is a non-option that just delays getting genocide (like N4 *but with more death*).  Deterrence is worthless here.  There is no world where they catch up to the outside before they get nuked, chemical weapon attacked, etc.  It was a dead end.

>defeatist plan
Might as well use Founding to make all Eldians jump off a cliff.  As for consent, I don't think any against Rumbling give a shit about that.  They play a fallacious numbers game.  They see there are more evil people that are still human, so their vision clouds as logic dies to say it is greater good to just let them roll you into a pack and smoke your ass.

>N3
The surefire strategy.  If peace were an option, it wouldn't come to that.  But it isn't, so here we are.

>N4
The canon one, yes.

>N5
More work, but more risk, too.  To further elaborate, this means you need to not just crush the armies of the world (killing them), you need to capture ALL the people under rule, intern ALL of them, forcibly miscegenate them to have new generations of their bloodlines to be raised apart from the parents by Eldians (men for practical reasons), etc.  Logistical nightmare working to thoroughly fuck even just all the world's women with enough different men and track bloodlines while rearing the kids.  Once that is done, you really don't need to bother with the humans that remain.

I don't think it is worth having female Eldians mix with males of the world.  Too slow.  Always a bad look anyway (only the fake Chosen think otherwise as their primary tactic of old *turning the kids against their father's people*).  It is just so much more complicated for the sake of maybe sparing some innocents and genetic diversity while sparing many landscapes, technologies and fauna.  If it is THAT important, then rape and concentrate away, gents.  Keeping the interned alive and comfortable (enough) as forced labor to justify (while punishing)?  That suits me.  Those acting out inside can be executed.  Those conspiring tortured.  Those that truly embrace it could maybe be allowed an escape as a spouse or some such to an Eldian guardian/sponsor.

Whatever the case, the children and all other Eldians get mindwiped of recollection of the whole affair.  Those that know are punished on pain of horrifying death for materials or utterance related to it (including severed tongues).  No fucking around.  They get to live in the same controlled capacity Zeke would have forced on his own.  Cup of Sin demands recompense for the spillage.  I ain't about to deny it rightful retribution.  It gets simpler way down the line after all the non-Eldians age out to death (really have to work to keep them fed and from sickness when amassed as such *can't just FOUNDING away their sickness unlike with Eldians*).  Know what?  Fuck these idiots.

I'd have volunteer Eldian elites made into abnormal pure titans to patrol walls of such camps as a terror threat reminder to the trash.  When they are all gone, turn them back using Founding and erase titans and powers as a thing (just be done with the whole thing as useful as it can be).  Ymir can be reborn later.  What's a few more (hundred) years to someone spending many billions of years as sand castle champ for being stupid and weak?  But that's only if wanting to make Eren endure being consumed by Floch and so on until this is done for the sake of sparing a bunch of trash that are needless.  I just don't know that I care to try that hard for them.  But that's just an option I'd come up with while pretending I care to save them (devil's advocate thing).  Ultimately, N3 is the real option (of course).  Were this a world of 'grey', then maybe N5 and N1 (though a possible N6 could exist *TnJ*).

NOTE: Was this all you wanted to go over?  I was going to share some lovely YT channels going over the matter (at length).

Omar: >Raggy wall
I don't remember it having anything notable going on.

>alt ending
They did virtually nothing different of any substance.

>Hopechads got rebranded into AnR
What a flip.  The nerds that were on about peace and such were associated with something as limp-wristed as hope before.  GenocideTHADs took that role?  How very GoW.  Did Krate have a say in this name change?  The PR guy for this Royal Rumble?

>becoming what he was before character assassination
Should never have waivered.  My guy was a patriot.  Not even xenophobic about it.  It isn't like Eldians are a proper people (race), anyway.  A psuedo-tribe with one-drop-rule supernatural ties that doesn't really make sense on the front of royals versus non-royals (how did that even start *we didn't see royals getting eaten by non-royals or why that should make a difference as bloodties weren't made a thing*).  Author really skipped town on part of the world building.  Didn't even explicitly blame Carl the First for man-eating nature in pure titans being from his bad example.  Nor have it stated Ymir made the 13 year curse for that being the amount of time she got (so nobody else gets to enjoy more).

Never got to see a natural born shifter (ever) despite that being a thing.  The final royal was to be this, but it got blown off.  What a waste of a set-up.  Baby Royal Beast Ymir Reborn could have been comical with Eren tapping it to restart Rumbling as she passed the reigns to him while he used War Hammer to maintain connection remotely with a Trans-Whatever Cable.  I really just don't agree at all with most of the characters standing against the Rumbling based on their personalities.  I don't even really agree that ARMIN would have without allowing the Bert infection (that excuses it to a degree).  That wasn't even set-up well (not like Eren suddenly acted more like his pops upon devouring him or even really had moments hinting at that influence to overcome).

>Marley
Only barely getting some attention late.

>the world
Practically nothing.

>butchered in the anime
You know why.  That shitty shipper fucking director.  To think it is Mikasa fans that fuck things up the most, but even for their bitch.  Insanity.  She was supposed to learn to be her own person per the author's own statements, but the editors also fought against her changing.  She wasn't allowed to grow.  She couldn't move beyond being a slave to Eren (as we suddenly have to pretend the proven showing of her headaches and her acting against her own will were totally just her loving him *bullshit*).  She couldn't have a journey of discovery in her homeland, find love (if only with the eunuch equine), establish a healthy relationship with her adoptive brother/childhood friend, etc.

She remained his annoying mother until he ditched her.  We have to pretend his total lack of sexual interest or love was just masked feelings?  Her intensely obvious presentation was missed by a turbo dense lead who felt the same way yet NEVER expressed it (even internally)?  Laughable.  He had a thing for Annie early on, but that went to Hell.  He was supposed to be into Historia in that time, too, but the author felt it was too soon (so he saved another BLONDE *Armin the fuccboi with shit-tier Talk-No-Jutsu*).  Could she be less appealing? He's into women like royals like his pops.  She is the 'human princess' stand-in TEC.  Historia is the 'alien princess' as such.  Erekose is meant to go for the latter and kill the worse for her survival including his former lover leading the enemy humans even as she is warned this will be the end for them all if they can't choose peace.

Why would he ever pick the yandere he was raised alongside, has a man's physique and a dog mentality?  Could she be a worse fit for him?  Even after titans are removed thus losing her powers and attachment, what is there to her personality, exactly?  Fucking nothing.  A void of interest.  I hated Krista as a shitty moeblob (which was the point at the time for the author to pull in such scum), but then she goes and shows she has an actual character hidden under the facade of an angel, saint, goddess, etc.  Eren embraced that, too.  Best show of taste from him by that point (other than appreciating being taught how to fight even if he barely used it later on *boxing up ARMONG doesn't count as he can't fight for shit and that wasn't grappling*).

NOTE: It really is preposterous.  Her heart was too small to care about ANYONE beyond Eren, but she suddenly gives a shit about THE WORLD over the people she fought for, shat all over Louise, was autistically obsessed with the stupid scarf even after tossing it away, ends up kissing a severed head (revolting), dooms her bloodline, etc.  Why would she interfere with Kaya's revenge against the killer of Sasha?  Shit doesn't make any fucking sense.  I thought little of Mikasa, but I was mostly neutral since she did her job, but she turned against even that as we got to the fourth stage of the story.  It was a horrorshow for most.  King Floch?  Not so much.

>mean Yeagerists
No, not at all.  I mean the original government (using a puppet to hide the shadow leaders) overthrown in a coup with those seeking freedom from the shackles of the elites and pacifist death cultists (Fritz).  Not the second regime (Zack taking the L from his art project *royals were in the open, but not pretending to run shit*) aping the first nor the third (Yeagerists *like before, the royals are figureheads*) with supposed resistance (lol no).  That was just retard babble from Peacecucks of the Cringevengers.

>issues, changes, fixes
By all means.  The floor is yours.  As I recall, it wiped Paradise out, the world gets to go home with an impossible dub it doesn't deserve and titans are set to return.

16Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:20 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>not much notable
It had giant ass runes and big ass nails all over it with each pillar of the wall being decently distinct yet still similar enough to fit in to make a wall, and was the size of a mountain. Much more interesting than a generic big wall that makes even fucking demon souls og wall look like a masterpiece of art design.

>Armong over ereh
Armin is the most boring piece of shit human being who deserves to get gang banged, a traitor coward and the most generic shonen character in the series and isayama tried to make him a anti hero by having him given no choice but to nuke the port which he again had no say in and killed random ass npcs. Garbage shonen character.

>yeagerists
Oh that was to hyperfist lol.

17Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:30 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>runes
Bleh.

>nails
Think I vaguely recall that. Really, only the Hermes guy caught my attention. Funny fellow.

>size of a mountain
While this artificial nonsense has a weird bluff that was never meant to be used, yet the idiot Carl the Second left the gun loaded for real. Wild, right?

>DeS wall
I also don't remember this. I tend not to make a habit of memorizing walls.

>boring
If only that was the extent of the issue with him.

>gang banged
True.

>traitor coward
He had the smallest of excuses to sit things out with Bert infection, but to interfere AFTER it was handwaved? Nah.

>most generic
"Yeah, maybe so." - Cell

>anti-hero
Not sure that's what he classifies as. Just a retard. Erwin was lucky not to get dragged until they tried to pretend Hange's hallucinations held water. My ass they would be pleased with utter betrayal of their people. Pissing all over the blood of martyrs.

18Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:26 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

@Omar
>AoE
I see.

>AnR sucks
Oh. Thought it was at least decent. Still incomplete from what I’ve seen.

>yeagerists
I was referring to when they overthrew the old order and make Historia the queen.

>FAR too open ended
The issue is that it pulls things out of nowhere and makes the story about love, while also refusing to explain some key points (when AoT is normally good at this for the most part).  

@GMG
>learn something to hate it more accurately
The mark of all good haters.

>JOOS explanation
That’s a lot to take in.

>Eldians are not them
Yeah, my comparison was superficial (which is what most people probably saw anyway), but I stand corrected nonetheless.

>don’t fight back
The thing is that they fought back, but partially, basically ensuring their future destruction, so that message doesn’t even work if you think about it for more than two seconds. But I guess it doesn’t matter to the general public. Genocide bad, so genocide must not be done (ignoring that this is a work of fiction and the stage that was set up in it).

>changing fucking nothing
It makes the destruction of Paradis more ambiguous, but it’s still obvious why it gets destroyed anyway.

>how far that takes you
I checked my old manga stack and apparently I got to volume 5, so chapter 22 (when the Female Titan first appears).

>can't escape that
True but it got annoying in AoT. Yeah this world is cruel, I get it (same as the mistreating of Eldians on Marely).

>coup went smoothly
They just had to convince Zackly (who didn’t need any convincing) and the deed was done.

>big reveal set-up never to happen
What can I say, my expectations were indeed subverted.

>got off light
We never got to see her in the Alliance, so it’s a win in my book. Potato girl must remain pure.

>character by character analysis of their assassination
By all means.

>pretending Gabi was like her
They’re nothing alike (different background, different education, different friends, circumstances, personality) and the panel where Gabi “becomes” Sasha is comical. Gabi in general is unsufferable, and I get why (showing how deep the brainwashing and self-hatred can go), but after a while there was no reason for her to continue. Falco gets it immediately (best Marleynian character).

>blame Eren for her death
Didn’t he see her death and decided to continue the plan anyway? I hate this “memories of the future” shit.

>preferred him being the 'one man army'
I concur.

>I'd dress him as Historia and
A light punishment for what he did. At least his resurrection meant that Erwin couldn’t get ruined (while also giving him a satisfying conclusion, throwing your dreams away for the greater good, and getting shit done).

>M lost her way
Her entire character was about Eren and how she should grow past her obsession, and the series end with her getting buried with his fucking scarf on. I can’t.

>Hange
B-but genocide bad regardless. The Alliance are the good guys, and good guys aren’t pro genocide. Eren is a bad guy and he is pro genocide. Oh wait, he was insane and didn’t know what he was doing. He was disappointed that the outside wasn’t like Armin’s book (bullshit). He’s just a misunderstood teenager, alright?

>died useless
She did make sure that the plane took off, ensuring that the rest of the cavalry could get onto Eren. If you’re talking about the bigger picture then I agree.

>Mikasa was supposed to get killed
Not a chance. You even get Eren reminding everyone that he deeply cares about his friends (in his weird way). She and Armin couldn’t have died, despite how much they deserved it.

>Grisha and Kruger going against the plan
Isayama saw Avengers Endgame and really, really liked the final battle.

>rather than War Hammer
Or not using that power in order to conceal his weakpoint. What’s that? He wanted to make it easier for his friends to kill him? Well, it would be a shame if he still killed 80% of the population (while also killing some of those friends that he’s trying to protect).

>nor even suggestion from him
I think it’s implied that he asked her to start the Rumbling, not that she started it on her own.

>Muv-Luv
Tried looking into it and came out on the other side confused and afraid.

>make all Eldians jump off a cliff
Zeke didn’t want casualties, and sterilizing them would accomplish the same thing.

>N5
You’d also have to sterilize every single non-Eldian, while controlling doctors and making sure that no resistance gets formed (like how it happened with the Restorationists). It is ultimately too much work with too many points of failure, for people that don’t really deserve it. But, as you said, you would get to preserve the rest of the world as it is, which could be valuable.
Also, I found hilarious how during the Rumbling you get one Marleynian captain(?) saying that they won’t make the same mistakes in the future if they survive.

>N3 is the real option
Absolutely.

>TnJ
What’s this?

>all you wanted to go over
A couple of other things. The first one I said already (character assassination analysis), and then I wanted to know what did you mean with the demoralization plan. The only point where I wasn’t on board with what Eren was doing was at the very end.

>YT channel
Do tell. I already watched some videos analyzing the ending from both PoVs (needless to say that I don’t agree with the ones that say it’s a masterpiece).

>skipped town on part of the world building
Yeah, like how does the whole Eldian lineage work? Are all Eldians direct descendants of Ymir? If that’s so they should all be of royal blood.

>have it stated Ymir made the 13 year curse for that being the amount of time she got
They say it in chapter 88. No one’s power can exceed hers, so they all wither and die after 13 years.

>Bert infection
Even that just means that he gets (some of) his memories. I guess that could be enough to persuade Armin to be against the genocide.

>Mikasa talk
On fucking point. Agree with everything.

19Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:59 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Self-punishment for academic reasons
Ah, understandable. I'm sure Raeng and SBK can relate (with nuGoW), as well as Zim.

>OP did that sufficiently
Well, I was the first to vote N3, so that should tell you enough regarding this matter (though to be fair, the wording of the options already made me strongly consider voting for that anyway, even without reading the OP).

20Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:21 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Wright: >can relate
I think Royboy was more accepting of it maybe being possibly decent in its own right. SBK didn't go in with that mentality (nor Zim).

>first for N3
It is the option that makes the most sense with the information presented as it is.

>choice wording
Yes, heavily leading, indeed.

HYPER CAMBOW: Before we get to it, I trust you (and the rest in attendance) have been keeping up with the AnR fan comic. Not quite all I'd want it to be, but it beats the shit out of what we got. Still waiting on P4. Then there is the animated version. We'll see how all that turns out. There are a few channels that speak on the matter, but I would most give the nod to "Serenity". There are a few themes he really loves hammering away at (with other channels targeted for debunks). He got on my radar for being among the better cases presenting influence from "The Eternal Champion". Presently he's less focused on Norse Myth and some other things (Muv-Luv) and more on Christianity (that may take the remainder of the year).

>Queen Historia
Forced into it (Levi chokes her). It being a figurehead position of little consequence (puppet) and sacrificial tool of the actual powers that be. The new regime same as the old in the end. Well worth toppling (again).

>about love
Which wasn't the focus. Even with EH, their relationship in terms of romance really isn't what was to be a huge front-and-center affair to eat up pages.

>some key points
Any in particular come to mind? No shortage of issues.

>a lot to take in
Just a few thousand years of context spread across much of the globe is all. Granted, some chapters from our leading ladies mean more than others. It amuses me to see the ED (Ending Defenders) calling Eldians both "Nazi" (meme word of Khazars for their opps) and "Jew" (another meme word covering three groups of people under one banner pretending to be ancient *and stealing the identity of a fourth lot*). Comical. If humoring this talk, Paradise would be Israelites betrayed by their family left behind (Edomites/Canaanites *not so sure converts hold water here even if the fellow Subjects of Ymir would be kept in check like Khazars after their betrayal in WW1 leading to a Civil War they jobbed in*).

>superficial
Hey, some do have curious names and feature, yeah? There is some mixing of German and 'Judean', yes.

>genocide bad
Except when 'the other' (outsiders 'set apart' *Pharisee*) does it. That is why I mock and deride people who accept it as demoralized. That's all there is to their mentality. A mental sickness siding against their innocent in-group. It isn't like AoT has Eldians as demons clearly beyond redemption with no hope (like goblins in Goblin Slayer) and the MC is one of them seeing them for what they are (turning against his own kind in such a case becomes excusable). TEC deals in this. The hero is a human who turns against humanity for the Eldren. This rather than being with his people (Eldian) and picking them. Demoralized types are quick to pity animals over people, too. NPCs, normies or whatever you wish to call them. That is what you face when discussing the series at large.

>slight grey highlighter smudges added
>still obvious
HA! HA! Pointless.

>Female Titan
So very little (start of P2, really).

>got annoying in AoT
I brought up the others for a reason (they're significantly worse). Frankly, I could have used a lot more of it towards the end, actually. Like in the plan.

>merely needed the psycho to be on-board
>he was already thinking about doing it without a reason
And they put him in charge rather than killing him straight away. Hilarious. A fine thing the major enforcers took a fat L already (and they fumbled Founding). They got soft (and were taken down just that easily as information got out regarding what they would do in terms of sacrificing of the people to protect themselves *yet for some reason NOT seeking a way to prevent their imminent demise from the fate awaiting them with 'the world'*).

>expectations subverted
The author's, too.

>never MONG'd
Like Floch. Erwin ALMOST entirely got to die without besmirching. So close (delusions of Hange treated as if legit).

>by all means
We'll take it slow for now with more minor members.

>nothing alike
It is perfectly obvious she was never a mirror upon Sasha. She is Eren with a vag and penis envy overcompensation (big snipe-pahs).

>best rubbish
Into the fire with him, too. Nicolo should have just stabbed him in the neck with the bottle's glass. We'll get to him in time.

>see her death and continue anyway
The final end makes it out like he had zero choice. Even pre-retcon he was on a set path, but was CHOOSING to do it at the same time (confusing as with free will versus fate regarding God's plan versus choice). And yes. He did ultimately select her death. As he would ALL the others to achieve his ends despite wanting his friends to live. They were not his highest priority (that was changed for the retcon *fuck Floch, Sasha and Hange though only one was among his 'fellow' Scout classmates without getting into other people he once thought well of...like his mother*).

>hate memories of the future
I think the flesh mecha and this were the moments I had greatest doubts in the series. It managed to recover only to fly too close to the Sun. Tragic.

>light punishment
Royboy wouldn't like me going into greater details. This suffices.

>Erwin's martyrdom
Pissed on as with his mirror (Floch *not Armin*).

>muh scarf
Consent? Optional.:

>aren't pro-genocide
>help genocide a global minority of innocents by preventing their only chance to save themselves
"Riiiiight..." - Doctor Evil

>disappointed
If only MANkasa the troon-goon gave him poon, amirite?

>made sure the plane took off
I don't recall her meaningfully so much as buying them time they wouldn't have had already.

>not a chance
All the chance, actually. Same for MONG. EMA is a shitty meme. They were set to get MIST'd. Mikasa is the human princess (kek'd by the alien princess *Historia* and killed by her former lover *Eren*). Her fate was death. Even in Muv-Luv, she dies (though that one had cycles *which is basically what we get now except our Boruto is non-canon...so exactly like Boruto*). While he didn't relish in it, pretty much all of his friends were going to die. Frankly, I don't see why Isayama had to do it this way. He had plenty of opposing forces and could have had more people siding with Eren (pretty much everyone should have even among the Cringevengers). Some anime director pushing them like drugs doesn't change what was slated to be their fate.

>Endgame
A small factor, yes. This while that movie is trash (Infinity War is far better). Lots of things are pointed to. JP like to lie to cover asses for face. Worthless to take their word on these matters (as pointless as asking AT about canon using a Ouija Board *just raff at you from beyond the grave while reminding that concept isn't even a word in his language*).

>conceal his weakpoint
Just put yourself in the mouth, bro.

>80%
Rookie numbers, SMALL TIME, etc.

>implied
Sounds like fanon, because he just said she gets to choose. That is all.

>afraid
You should be. Better to look into those who can explain without having to watch the rubbish yourself. Big mistake. Don't ever try that.

>Zeke is a squeamish little bitch who plays pacifist
Fuck him up and down. Tear his orangutan arms off (no way he should have a good toss by the way) and shove them up his ass. Return him to human form and crucify him upside down while he watches all he sought fall to eternal ruin. Witness how his brother fucks (and Ymir is free). Then he has my permission to die. What is is a time waster acting like he could hold the world off long enough (self-deception). They would still die Dresden style. Stupid bearded bitch-ass four-eyes. Making him into a voodoo doll for Levi to carve up might have been amusing if the midget wasn't also a traitor. I suppose the Sisyphus punishment forced upon him in Paths would have been just dandy. Maybe before he's sent away forevermore, extract by non-sexual means his semen and inseminate Yelena. They don't want kids? Too bad. Then take the child from the parents, of course.

>sterlize
For the 'good'. For the bad? Rip-and-tear their genitals. Until it is done.

>resistance
>brutal boots to throats
>titans roaming their imprisonment
Good luck.

>too much work
Of course. This is only for those that insist on their lives being worth the trouble. Thus saying it was Devil's Advocate. N5 is just a huge fucking bother. While appealing to preserve the world itself, I just don't think I give a shit.

>won't make the same mistakes
>does so instantly afterwards
What did he MEAN by this?

>Talk-No-Jutsu
Opp is too strong? Talk them down. What you're saying is total bullshit and they're actually correct? Not a problem. Illogical, unsound, FEELS, bro. Naruto is infamous for this. Except it works for him. Not so much ARMONG (which is the point since people keep picking this proven failure for this task he sucks dick at *not yet literally or it might have been more effective*).

>couple other things
One we'll begin shortly.

>demoralization plan
We talking real life or what? Going to need to be more specific. As it pertains to AoT, it is chiefly the mindset describe by 'Uncle Yuri' for these deeply deranged (by design) types. Indoctrinated. Brainwashed. However you wish to put it, they've been programmed to take the facts (if not rejecting them with fierce emotional reaction upon their beliefs being challenged) and put them through a lens that fucks their ability to properly arrive at the correct conclusion. They're broken calculators and cannot be saved. Using the show is a fun way to have people show that about themselves. Having more meaningful discussions isn't possible on this front with such types. You merely waste words trying. No amount of proof can ever matter.

>not on board only at the end
He lost my support at the start for being a jobbing, crying bitch carried by others constantly. He got trained by the Mark of Cain Blonde midge in some MMA, got to look semi-competent and jobs again (more excusable this time). Historia beats the pussy out of him (before he was to beat her pussy up *consensually*). His timeskip was magnificent. Proactive lonewolf getting shit done. Truly splendid. What a change! But you know how it goes. Normally MCs have a hard time winning me over. Being a ragetard revenge enjoyer should have been a great way to win me over, but he just kept finding ways to push me away (like getting in his feelings about giving a traitorous slag what she needed).

>both PoV
I only barely saw any from the ED side (ignoring excerpts used to shit on them). I just can't spare the time for their folly beyond trolling in the comments about "King Floch".

>should all be royal
Having those NOT of her direct lineage also partaking of spinal cannibalism covers it. They just didn't show such a thing. Likewise, why do we have the number of shifters we do? Why the specific traits/powers? Why not three like her daughters? Surely Ymir didn't just forcibly connect herself to the vassals of Carl the First and then all their descendants. If so, explain it, please. Just state it. And don't introduce the natural birth thing and never once show it (to explore the notion of a shifter born without that sin to see how that works).

>say it
Did they?

>power exceeding
Why would she care? Being petty about the time allocated based on what she got out of life is more tasteful.

>enough
For a sissy like him, yes. Now to select our first contestant. No major players yet. That's for later. Let's see. *checks* Let's start light with Yeagerists themselves. Literally Who's included (not so much if there is nothing to work with at all like Oliver).

Surma - Letting that punk-ass Keith look good was not cool. Done dirty (even made to offer protection to a piece of shit).

Daz - Cowardly piece of shit turns a new leaf after being saved by lesbians and others. Ducks the nonsense with Scouts until time skip. Gets his act together. Got fooled for a moment, Floch set him straight and MONG murders this fellow of his.

Sam - Another 104th. This one has ties back to Connie. Had the sense to blast MONG, but didn't aim for the brain. Pity. Once saved by Sasha. Betrayed by Connie. Among those who beat the dogshit out of Gabi. Sadly, he didn't just shoot lil' bro on sight (got distracted by someone who shouldn't have even been alive).

Holger - Another classy gent who T'd off on Gabbles. Leaked info on opps. Got busted out. Stuck it to Hange. And that's it.

Wim - Better Holger. Continues on to do just a bit more (helping an injured Floch, imprisoning volunteers, etc.).

Louise - Sees something that wasn't quite there in Mikasa (mirror to that foolish girl). Honorable girl. Served alongside Holger and Wim. Left dying ignobly with lesbian vibes. Once saved by the hapa in better times. "Muh scarf" is the last thing she heard. Tried to save Sasha. The most regrettable aspect is her not seeing through Mikasa sooner (and killing her).

Hitch - Pretend whore. Pretend loyalist. Lazy. There were finer qualities (like helping out Marlo), but this one is more serious than Louise's blunder. She aided Annie rather than killing her. Floch did her a solid giving it to her straight. Shame nobody put her straight to death after her betrayal (only to hang with them for the cushy life). Probably should have reported that creepy little shit (MONG), too. Really, she only joined up with the winning side each time. Trashbag who failed to learn from Marlo's example to become a better person.

Rico - Strong start. Elite giving Eren wisdom. Understandably cautious about threats to her people. Only spoke the truth as best she understood things (hard to know exactly what value Eren actually held or the depth of his allegiance *until it wasn't a thing, thus making her right to doubt him in the first place*). We don't get to see her face turn at all. She's just suddenly Yeagerist (must have been a raffle).

Floch - 104th, but another coward. Friend of Jean. Another 'every man'. Does a suicide charge. Lucks out. Rather than kill his dying commander, sees the value in him and drags him all the way to the spot he can be rez'd. Effort? Wasted. Shits all over the trashy leads (deserved). Gets his act together and helps give Marley what it needed. Sasha and Lobov fuck up (hesitation is defeat). Jean almost gets the same. Falco interferes in their mutual death. Connie and Jean? Useless. Floch was going to avenge her by tossing the runts out of the airship, but he was denied. His rightness is absolute. Hange? KNEELS. Plays Yelena for a fool. Takes out the officers through her. It takes plot nonsense to make him look bad as with the pure titans not being controlled. Captures Hange and the others. Pity he didn't get to finish off Levi. Shames Ke(k)eith (ignoring the weird shit where it wasn't just a warning shot). Probably should have just executed him. Gave Jean a chance. Got saved. Then betrayed. Amazin'. Correctly leads the Yeagerists, identifies traitors, takes out opps, etc., but has to get the worst of it with jobbing. Grandma Judo, Gabbles with the 360 no scope and finally the Femcel. His glorious break-out shut down rather than being allowed to gloriously succeed. Would have been a fine Fuhrer. One of two people trusted by Eren. Never MONG'd despite rising to prominence (infuriating the worst of the demoralized more than any other).

NOTE: This is enough for now. The mishandling isn't super bad yet and we've not really gotten into the truly character assassinated just yet (got to closer to the 'main cast' for that). Arguably Hitch of this lot is closest to qualifying.

21Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:11 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>AnR
Dialogue is very fan-fictioney (too verbose and on the nose), but otherwise better than what we’ve got. No Eren getting retconned to become a martyr for his friends, no Grisha and Kruger joining the cringevengers, no infinite gas and blades. Don’t like how Eren can see multiple timelines and decide what’s best. Makes the job too easy. We’ll see how it ends.
Saw a youtuber calling it a “fascist tumor” and accusing it of making Eren a gigachad instead of the whiny, confused mess he’s in the OG, but I honestly don’t see it. Is he a “chad” because he cares for Paradis (which he also did in the OG)? Oh, I forgot, he only cares about his friends (that he lets die and puts in mortal danger otherwise). Even saw one comment criticizing the “In loving memory of Huehasu” part, saying that the authors are so ingrained in this shit that they can’t even let go of “memes” during a eulogy.  

>Serenity
Watched a couple of his vids, good stuff. Like the bilbical interpretation and the debunking he does.

>TEC
In which video does he explain this? Haven’t found anything yet.

>which wasn't the focus
But becomes the central theme regardless (or at least, freeing yourself from toxic love). Completely out of left field at the expense of more important stuff.

>any in particular
We have already gone over most of them. Eren getting the Colossal, Falco becoming the only flying Titan in history and being very good at it from minute one, Ymir needing to be freed twice and so on.

>Eldians as demons clearly beyond redemption
Quite the fucking opposite. Granted, some of that has to do with the memory manipulation they received.

>when discussing the series at large
I’ve been doing that a little bit recently and I have to agree. Eren being a nationalist in AnR is fascist because only fascists care about their homeland. What’s that? He cared about Eldians in the OG too? He only did that to bullshit everyone to get to his goals (martyr for his friends, granting them ~100 years of peace i.e. not getting bombarded, because tensions rose up immediately after the Rumbling ended).

>pointless
B-but you see, in the end credits song it says that 2000 years has passed, we don’t know what caused the bombing. Surely a civil war, because in CH125 we saw a dozen people fighting over Eren having accidentally killed some Eldians when he activated the Wall Titans (despite showing the people of Paradis eating and drinking while celebrating about the Rumbling not long after). That’s definitely more conclusive than Historia in 139 saying that they either win or die.

>a lot more of it towards the end
That’s for sure. Would have made the battle more impactful (and ruined Eren’s “plan” even further).

>the author's 2
This shit is so obviously a last-minute draft spat out because of pressure.

>delusions of Hange treated as if legit
At least he wasn’t in Paths.

>they were not his highest priority
I’ve seen this justified because he had to sacrifice someone in order to get the others to live, and because “The Founding made my head all messed up”, so he couldn’t save Hange (despite being able to control the Wall Titans as he wanted). Complete nonsense.

>set path, but was CHOOSING to do it at the same time
He saw his will in the memories of the future. Still don’t like it that much, but it was handled decently for what it was.

>they were not his highest priority
If they were he would have done something different. It’s obvious that his priorities were the safety of Paradis and his friends, but Isa had to to conciliate those with his martyr plan (flaming garbage), because he’s spineless. But according to ED he never cared for Paradis, despite communicating with every Eldian when he initiated the Rumbling instead of only his friends, and him not wanting future Eldian kids to eat their parents. He only cared about his friends, but couldn’t save everyone because his head was messed up (like theirs). Sorry if I’m repeating myself but this shit is baffling to me.

> interference with the revenge of Kaya
But GMG, didn’t you learn that murder is bad? And that the good guys always stop murder?

>Mr. Hands
I wish I didn’t get this, but unfortunately I do.

>use Founding to make a dick girl of Louise
You’d write a better fanfic than AnR for sure.

>gave him poon
It’s not like that would have been hard to accomplish.

>buying them time they wouldn't have had already
Debatable, but ultimately the result is the same. Could have done things differently instead of going for sure death.

>all the chance
Eren obviously wanted them to live, especially after the carriage scene where he boldly declares his love for them, so I don’t think he would have sacrificed them all in order to save Paradis. He wanted it all (at least pre-retcon) but someone had to die in the process. It’s just later that his friends become the only ones he cared about.

>cringevengers and Eren vs Da World
Would have been a fine conclusion and more consistent with the story up to that point.

>he just said she gets to choose
True. Saw someone saying that she didn’t get freed there and was still under the influence of the royal family because the Rumbling stopped when Zeke was killed (instead of being a stupid plot hole the size of a mountain). This also ignoring that Eren managed to transform into the Colossal despite not having the Founder anymore. How does that work?

>don't ever try that
I’ll keep that in mind.

>no way he should have a good toss
Yeah it’s a weird design mistake. I guess it’s striking and different, but having a Titan with giant (and muscular) arms would have also been cool.

>not so much ARMONG
Has there ever been a single instance in the series where Armin’s talk worked? I can only think of 139 where he manages to not get shot by using the most retarded logic imaginable (“we can’t transform into Titans because we would have done it already”, incredible, masterful).

>real life or what
You mentioned a “test of demoralization” in post #10, so I think you were referring to RL.

>proof doesn’t matter
By far the worst line of defense I heard about the ending is that “We don’t know if Paradis was destroyed by a civil war or an external conflict”, despite the fact that after the Rumbling we see that tensions rose up IMMEDIATELY after, and that on Paradis the overwhelming majority were on board with the Yaegerists, with the only people showing dissent being Sasha’s family, Niccolo, Flegel and the two journalists (and for the latter three is a stretch). Sure, Historia might have had control over some of the military, since she was able to protect Jean and Connie’s families, but this doesn’t prove that civil war was more plausible than an external attack (especially since civil wars usually don’t end with the country completely wiped out of the map).
The thing is that hey HAVE to rely on this narrative, because without it all their precious arguments don't make sense, and AoT becomes a story on how sparing your enemies will only result in them killing you in the future. Can't have that, because AoT is a cautionary tale about the cyclicity of human conflict (and not about how to stop this cycle when things get out of hand), so civil war it is.

>Eren being a jobbing crying bitch
Made the transformation/evolution more impactful (even though I didn’t like how emotionless he became, but that’s more of a petty preference on my part), until everything came crashing down.

>only barely saw any from the ED side
For the better.

>just state it
There could have been multiple ways to explain it too (maybe contaminate the waters with Titan spinal fluid or something like that). Isayama just couldn’t be bothered.

>why would she care
Don’t think it’s something she can control, it just comes with the “curse”.

>literally Who's included
Indeed, didn’t even remember some of these.

>Daz
Should have blown up the fucking ship immediately. Remember to be quick, kids.

>not seeing through Mikasa sooner
Having Mikasa as a role model sure is a strange choice. You have better examples to follow than “dog girl”.

>nobody put her straight to death after her betrayal
Hardly anyone dies because of that.

>she's just suddenly Yeagerist
They had to include some familiar faces in the background, I guess.

>wasted efforts
For the better (considering what came after).

>pure titans not being controlled
B-but Eren had his head messed up and couldn’t control them.

>Grandma Judo
To be fair, he couldn’t know she had those skills (but still, he foolishly let his guard down).

>the Femcel
That despite being the bestest soldier she couldn’t just disarm him, had to go for the kill.

22Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:35 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

I'll do a proper reply with more characters (of ideally increasing importance and actual character assassination) later. For now, the main TEC video from him (it happens more than once as with a lot of stuff you will find repeats *Sins of the Father in particular*)...Troublesome. Not showing up right away. This did: https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/hu36dl/an_indepth_analysis_on_the_eternal_champion_and/

Pretty sure I had it Favorite'd for future use. It has the Eternal Champion's cover, but with Eren and Historia as their respective characters while the uploader narrates long passages from TEC before showing their comparison to the manga (AoT). I suspect it was taken down. It should have been very easy to find. I doubt Moorcock went after it and the other vids are still up, so it is probably ED pyschos like the Mikasakeks involved. I'd rather you could just see what I saw and not have to read a bunch of shit, but it is what it is. Pretty sure it was Serenity (not Saint or another still). His comparison of Eren to Griffith was amusing (with Mikasa as Casca, by the way). Oh. I was right (I knew some bullshit was going on):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs_jsoK6vH5dKVtsmzSdKBw/community?lc=UgwNVgHA32Uh6wC2kpp4AaABAg&lb=Ugkx3kI5YqXbuCRusVcw-zTyXHJfi5mplTFZ

NOTE: Thus the waiting game if you want to see the real thing again. Might have to settle for reading for yourself rather than having a proper presentation. It is what it is. If it helps, you weren't fucking up. YT was. It got forced down. He hasn't gotten back to uploading it (and probably intends some fresh take retreading the material and adding to it).

Also (for those that don't mind reading instead of listening/watching):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-xBHK3qJGabmaWKznfUpLO7l_zlxY-0J/view?pli=1

https://medium.com/@whitelilyx/aot-the-obvious-reason-why-the-ending-failed-b0ac8bda0c8f

https://medium.com/@whitelilyx/eren-and-historia-in-depth-analysis-8c4439dd9108

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/sjcybe/why_this_is_the_best_chapter_of_the_entire_manga/

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/n1adx4/extensive_breakdown_of_the_ending_too_many/

All these from the description of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3bQ5C03jgc

NOTE: Got business with Zig tonight. Maybe I'll do some Donte, Zim, Zesty, SBK or who knows? I'll find out when I find out. Maybe I'll just finish up with Kira. Maybe I'll drop by here.

23Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:25 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>TEC video got YT'd
Should have expected it. Disappointing, and it's getting more and more common (as we talked about on YT, algos are getting too strict).

>videos and writing pieces about the ending
Good stuff. Might read those in the next few days. I already read the TEC post and I see the parallels and similarities, which are too many to just be coincidential.

24Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:48 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>too strict
It is absurd in YT comments (and worse for uploaders). Slightly less so in Community Comments. FAR less strict in stream chat. I was talking crazy while helping Zig in his VH PAIN+ Tranny just moments ago. Very little need to filter at all. My social credit? Not a factor. FEELS GOOD MAN.

>good stuff
More than a little to read, I know. The Google document I remember being especially good about covering ending issues. Not all things touched upon, but there are other videos and articles to consider as such (some more focused on particular aspects as with Serenity on themes).

>TEC
It is impossible to hand wave. To a lesser extent, Muv Luv shit. I'd not readily be able to recall the videos/articles going over that, however. Isayama freely admits to many influences, but TEC is NOT one of them. It is extremely conspicuous. I get it before the manga finishes, but why even after? Come clean. Credit Moorcock for influence, at least. What's the harm?

It reminds a little of Gotz and how Miura all the way to the grave denied any basis on him (for Guts). Why? It is an obvious case that can't be coincidence. He can't get sued for it. It isn't even as egregious as the AoT case. That is WAY too close to intellectual tracing. Gotz is a real person and the things lifted aren't that serious (prosthetic left hand that is a cannon, greatsword, knight, Germany, etc.). It is like the guy was said to fight once human agents of dark forces and had a tomboy Sicilian female fighter lover raped into insanity by his effeminate (definitely gay) best friend and former slave master.

Yams needs his onset water replaced with boiling shit for the bitch moves he has pulled. Letting the ending be botched is just part of it. Not crediting properly is something I don't take well to. He could nod to Muv Luv, but not TEC? Why? Do publishers say he can't mention Western shit? Miura was open about Evil Dead, Mad Max, Conan, Lovecraft, etc. Just not the non-fiction historical guy (for reasons we'll never know). Yammy afraid to admit he intended (with his "The Mist" and 'hurt the reader' talk) to kill off the cast by the MC's hand? That the 'nazi' (raffs) were going to win while painted as good guys? Is that the red tape we're looking at here? Don't start a story you can't finish, fool.

All the Christian and Norse myth shit? Wasted. The themes and plot threads? Pissed on. Characterization? You already know. Precious few got out unscathed. But we'll get back to that in the discussion proper (when I reply fully). Just dropping in for a moment. Enjoy the reads (and watches, I suppose). They'll help you deepen loathing for ED (not just for them being illogical hypocritical shipperfags). Better arm you to face them, too. This without getting too much into real world affairs as P4 can easily pull us into (thus all the issues with telling that story *Erekose was a 100% sort of fella who believed in MAXIMUM EFFORT*). Apparently Japan loves time bullshit and isekai, so Moorcock is right up their alley as an early writer in both regards. Even Erekose is such a case.

I'd rather Eren had been an "Eternal Champion" in a sense like being the will of Ymir (her manifest desire for freedom as with Advancing Titan). The fated 'chosen' one to complete her escape from bondage for rebirth into a complete person with a second chance at life. Advancing is just her/him for 2K years (ignoring the Paths thing being many billions of years in actuality) body hopping until ready to achieve the ultimate end, which requires wiping the slate. Remember. Don't wipe away your tears. Wipe away those who made them. Old Eldian saying. With how YAMato opted to do things, it wouldn't really fit for Eren to choose to stay in place of Ymir as the new god overseer nor even really as king (in a ruler sort of way *let Floch handle that as Fuhrer to piss off the sensitive types though "King Floch" is also funny to say when he's not with Historia*).

Likewise, I wouldn't really want time loops (full Muv Luv). Just having Eren going through them in a montage until showing what we got was his end result would suffice (if doing it at all). Ymir being the god that pushed those wings of freedom towards escaping the cattle pin would be like the obvious Eldren lover he's aping so thoroughly in P4. I'm fine with a team wipe to achieve his goal in saving Paradise and living with his new family (including the founder reborn as his child). That's good enough. However, I would have been even more fond of NOT character assassinating the cast to oppose him for retarded reasons that go against logic and their established personalities. Why does he have to be so goofy about freedom to the point he doesn't just trap them in Paths, remove their limbs until he's ready to repair them, change minds, etc.?

They try to steal HIS freedom and that of their people in opposing them. He said he would steal the freedom of such people FIRST, so why take it off the table? Stupid. Wants them alive? Easily done (as noted). Wants to let them be pissy about it? Go for it. Don't expect Floch to let them live when they lack fuel for their 3DMG or superpowers. If they are traitors, they probably need to die. With how their characters were warped, keeping them around is folly. Even camps is just too much hassle. Why even reward them with exile to the world to potentially cause trouble for colonization? Penal colonies are a meme. Just kill them or FIX them. Unrelated, but I bet Mikasa named her son 'Ereh'. Jean was probably crying about it. She fucked that kid in the same wig Jean wore of Eren in the past, by the way. Search your feelings. You know it to be true. He had to wrap the scarf around her while doing it, too. Birdren watched.

ED will CLAP for this masterpiece of literature. No doubt about it. Their inbred child? Dresden's with Luciferium (White Phosphorous), of course. Because agents of good definitely use weapons named after THE ENEMY (Satan). Hellfire is totally wielded by the 'goodies'. HABEET ET. May this 'wholly burnt offering' please Moloch. His star shining upon the world blessed (until Titans come back and fuck them all to death in the next cycle where Muv Luv dictates Not-Historia will win, but Not-Eren would pine for Not-Mikasa *which is terrible*). Anyway, time to get back with Kira for that BH testing run of his. Just ER and beyond to go on my end. Then evaluations of whatever he offers up (since he got busy for a bit).

25Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:27 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>dialogue
With the fancomic? Yeah, it doesn't quite do all the things I'd like it to. It has strong moments, but a lot of weak shit, too. I think I gave the least of a shit about P3 (too much focus on Cringevengers). Seems Jean is dead at the end of P3, so I'm interested in P4 finishing the rest of them off. That alone is worth the price of admission. Seeing ARMONG seethe about Historia was funny. MANkasa might not even live long enough to know. Would almost be a shame for her to not get the full TEC treatment from "Ereh" (read: Erekose).

>better than what we go
A bar buried as deep into the Earth as Not-Nidhogg (ha-Satan).

>nakama De-FUCKING-nied
DAS RITE

>infinite gas and blade DUR
Hax? Disabled.

>no dragging of the dead through the mud
This is the way.

>decide what's best
Changes the nature of his futuresight, yes.

>too easy
Really, it makes no difference with how difficult it is. Ultimately, there is NOTHING they can do to win. There never was. It was entirely on him to just do the job (in the most wrasslin' way possible).

>fascist tumor
"I wish." - Jesse Lee Peterson

>gigachad
Nah, but he's not a total bitch. If their standards are low enough to think that pitiful kek was baseline, then I suppose this little would qualify. An actual CHAD would be a THAD (since we're lowering things by at least one tier). Very possibly it extends just slightly beyond him not bending the knee while simping for his happa tranny executioner while being a confirmed BREEDER (read: not incel *nor even volcel*). Spreading white genes? LAWD HAB MERCI. The EU? Would not approve (built to stop that, by the way). Historia being blonde hair, blue eyes is the ultimate icon of evil in their eyes. That she got lez corrected makes it hurt all the worse.

>dead guy
I ignored it.

>Bible series and debunks
Other themes getting reuploaded will be nice (along with TEC *even Muv Luv just to cover it as it is a factor*). He's on his own now. The last holdout after Saint dipped.

>became something it shouldn't be
Worked out great, didn't it?

>most of them
I'm sure the links provided polish these things off. Still, character assassination and reviews will get addressed a bit more (chipping away) at the end of this post.

NOTE: If War Hammer can make shit from nothing that is essentially 'the ice burst', then why not construct jets to fly with? If Colossal can do partials, why not go that route and do controlled venting below to hover or some such nonsense? Also, the already light Beast of Falco should be bird-like (thus brittle hollow bones) to better enable flight. Lovetap to disable utility. Having a fakeout with King Floch still alive (clinging to the talon of Falky to blow blast the wing driving them all into the sea) could have been hilarious trolling (they would be all 'you gotta be fucking kiddin', why won't he die!?').

>partially the memory manipulation
Regarding how quickly they adjusted, yes. These are still the people that had absolute power, but choose to waste 2K years not making EVERYONE them (or dead).

>Only fascists are nationalist, patriotic, etc.
Hmmm, yes. JP? Xenophobic. Clearly fascist behavior. Just let yourselves be replaced, bro.

>became a nakama-nerd
Losing even the thinnest illusion of being that which they feared him for being (read: BASED).

>blaming a civil war
EDsissies, plz.

>based on no counts taking the L
Be grateful you were given an extension on life at all (because the dead hold no grudges). Even the chance to have children (even if ill-advised without leaving to blend in elsewhere after the 80% meme).

>celebrating
If only they knew the true end was averted....

>sacrifice someone
Fuck Hange and Sasha, bro. Clearly Ereh is letting us know the vibes of his friend tier list. Let Levi get absolutely slide on, too.

>billion year old loli Stockholm slave mindraped me
>she made me kill my friends and mother
>so I could get her bloodline wiped out
"Please clap." - Yeb

>handled decently
Up to a point. Pretty much everything after the Rumbling started was an unmitigated disaster (funny as it was seeing BICK WYRM titanize and turn opps against each other *short lived justice before it dips to reset the cycle*).

>his highest priority
After his (secret) nuclear family. The moment they turned on him and endangered the fam? They could all get it. My guy should have been smoking that friend pack straight away. Ain't no way I hold anything back against traitors. Deeper bonds? Deeper hatred.

>da fore-ess
Serenity shit on that real good in the most recent upload. Fuck what was done with Sasha's pops. A community man shouldn't be a spineless bitch letting down the streets. Bet his ass would be down for total X death if it were still a cannibal holocaust.

>unfortunately do
One of the many handles I considered. Having made one of the PAIN compilation sets (in the same vein as what you recall) and the PAIN runs, something referencing it would be a good handle for me. Gabbles is going to need a "rubber walrus protector".

>better fanfic
I've already punished AI versions of the characters plenty when not converting them back to sense. It amuses me to do so.

>wanted it all
He would come to realize it wasn't possible and was resolved for them to all get fucked on shortly after that scene. The last bit of acceptance was to be Sasha's death confirming this is how it had to be (and he can't stray, just stay the course). The real retcon would be his priorities (they simpler weren't his top priority in P4 at all). "The Mist" means killing those close to him (betraying the readers that were attached to them *instead it got switched to betraying they minority that actually bothered to keep up with the plot*).

>design mistake
Shows someone doesn't know biological trivia pertinent to the task intended for the thing (supposed to be all about throwing, but going off ignorant assumption that long armed monke means good pitcher).

>single instance of the MONG's TnJ working
You already know. Send this motherfucker to negotiate if you want the hostages dead, the price to double and the jumper to splatter.

>referring to RL
Very much so. That's one of the main appeals. People who don't instantly go to N3 (N5 is pretty close). They're the victims Uncle Yuri spoke of. When I see people all-in for vanquishing of the giants and full ride-or-die with the cast (especially the MC) doing any kind of floundering in P4, that's a terrible sign (they will 180 from the logic they had before and not process their error *nor be happy to have it pointed out*). Rumbling is the test. If you ain't hype to get on-board, you probably don't need a say in the affairs of your people (they would do well to silence you matter of import like national security *for being a soft cunt*).

>Historia having any control
*raffs*

>able to protect
Put those asses underground.

NOTE: A handful against over a million is not a civil war. It is a minor rebellion waiting to get rounded up and executed at the end of a Luger.

>became the story it was meant to be either fucking way
See? Whether Eren does as intended proving it the right course or fails to and everything goes tits up, the message is the same. Uno Reverse? The only valid strat for big G.

>da cycle of v-
HURR DURR. Pein had it right. Kill all those who bear grudges. Beef? Squashed. The dead are totally going to avenge themselves (HERP DERP). It is that fucking simple without supernatural crap like vengeful spirits complicating the matter. Something that absolute bozo ArTROON forgot? All authority is derived from violence. His cheap talk was always going to be laughed out the door even if the SoY (kek) issue with titan power was removed as an X factor. ED types bringing up how conflict will still exist in other forms later is the most irrelevant shit. Had 99 problems and down to 98 versus them changing not a damn thing. Bravo, mouth breathers.

>subjective issue with the emotionless characterization
Living 2K of other people's lives and knowing what he knows (and will do) might just take the fun out of things. Life could return to him (read: healing) after rearing that crotch spawn of his with his queen (who should definitely fully step down from that title and leave things to Fuhrer Floch *calling him this would definitely piss of ED kiddies more than King Floch*).

>until it came crashing down
EmoEren (to you): Miss me now?

>for the best
Spent half a decade slapping their shit leading up to the manga end. Had to hear their stupid blather all that time. The debunks are more than enough of YTpoop sampling for me.

>contaminate the waters
Go full Yiddle, eh? Nakambros know what I'm talkin' bout.

>something she can control
It is all arbitrary, frankly.

>didn't even remember some of these
Who says I did (lol *lmao*)?

>detonate the ship instantly
I remember another YT channel doing this among other things. *checks* There he is:

NOTE: Daz stays losing, but a random gets the job done. Channel has a few amusing videos.

>strange choice
Louise mad A LOT of assumptions based on the one brief interaction and heresay. Probably should have stalked her a bit to get a clearer picture of the true nature of the beast, as it were. Big oof.

>hardly anyone gets what they fucking deserve
Here in the US the last were something like 80 years ago (with some old Saturnist couple giving away ICBMs, nukes, etc.). ADL was quick to shill, but failed (they got ol' Sparky) as they had their old pedo pal (Leo Frank).

>had to include her somewhere
I mean, it doesn't go against her character, but why was she spared bastardization? Did Yammy forget she existed? Is that it? Figured he killed her off like so many others in the early days then re-read the manga (as he confesses to doing for reminders) only to realize she was his Launch.

>let his guard down
And he's apparently not much stronger and too heavy to get taken down by some greedy grannie.

>had to go for the kill
They should have tried asking her as she blankly stares at them with fish eyes dead to the world.

---

NOTE: Seems safe to skip some minor named types with no real roles that didn't have obvious issues. Not yet time to talk about the fallen and what they would think of this tomfoolery (as with Freckles Lez, ErWIN, Petra, etc.). Onion Coupon just wanting to join his people in death isn't all that surprising given his motivation. He was owed that wish.

Zeke - A fucking LEAF (not just for Maple Cucks). Really, him spending all that time actually living through his father's life should have woken him up along with the time passage in Paths, but he stuck to his kek code to the finish (that being to present his neck for a nonsensical plot device *that didn't matter*).

Yelena - She hated Marley, so she wants to sterilize Eldians? What the fuck? Big dumbass energy coming from her. MOGGING the MONG was hilarious, but she was a bitter disappointment shortly after flexin' on Pyxis. Imagine letting that faggot Magath (Other Keith) boss up on you. Here worship of Zeke was insanity. Upon him folding, she failed to change. Her helping the Cringevengers was absurd. Her notion of 'saving the world' was a twisted one, but suddenly fell in-line with bitchmade softies? I don't know about all that, brotha. Her pathetic cope of pleading to be called right (read: tell me sweet little lies) is just horrid (Floch would NEVER *everyone just admits the truth when he speaks no matter how indoctrinated they are*). Shame she couldn't get her act together and be converted by Eren. Would have matched up well alongside Floch shooting traitors in the face. Or maybe stuffed her entire leg up the ass of Levi then the other up Connie's using them as boots to kick MONGoloid to death with.

Gabi - Right. Time for some heavier hitters. As before, she is not Sasha. She is Eren. Her killing the jailer in particular didn't sit well with me, but even being so quick to go after Lobov and beyond was a bit weird after she learned the truth. At no point does she EVER stop to consider a single bit of it. Head empty ass. The aimbotting was absurd. Really, Falco should have converted her to reason making her stand down (if not helping). Her mission should have been to beg Eren to warp her family to Paradise (and agreeing to have them interned *they're used to it* since they won't get right). Post-Rumbling, join Falco and others with sense in rebuilding Liberio as a free community.

Falco - Mirror of Gabi (just the less warped side). I don't see a point in him getting to be a shifter, really. It is needless with the intended end. He was already on the edge of grasping things. He can have one chat with Eren and beg for his family (while helping Gabbles see reason). Him being painted a 'good boy' and going the route he does? Holds no water. You might soon notice a pattern.

Pieck Finger - She already KNEW Marley wasn't shit. They were going to betray Liberio. She didn't even need Tybur giving up the truth about Eldia. This is a character that is supposed to have it together. Ought to have FULLY defected (while trying to get the kids to keep out of trouble) and maybe tried to make Annie stop being a fucking retard. While one could reasonably say she should be a little miffed about losing her close friends/comrades, this one definitely should have seen reason. Where was her sense helping to challenge impossible odds with the slim chance of not getting merc'd post-success? Just ask Eren to warp her father. Another simple case. You should know what's coming with Annie.

Annie - GIB """DAD""" PLZ. Really, she should have been 'on-sight' for her old roommate if not wiped by Eren (because there is no fucking way she counts as his "friend" giving her the option to fight against him). Frankly, the fate this scum deserves is what War Hammer got. The 'gigachad' should have made a protein shake out of her then spit it all over his midge fuccboi Hisu (bussy edition). If Levi weren't such a piece of shit, keeping her around to get carved up by him would have been appropriate. Having him busy hunting her for sport could have been fun as he goes full 'most dangerous game' (she gets to die fleeing cut to ribbons little by little like the Founder). The depths of her selfishness is crazy (and the pie was off-putting *having her stuffing Connie's mom's face would also be FUCKING acceptable with him laughing exactly as he did about her sloppy toppy*).

NOTE: Also, keep CREEPmin away (kept jerking off on my crystal).

Levi - One of the edges to the innermost ring of major characters. Mostly enjoyed for being THE GOAT early on (thanks to AckerHAX). My guy should have been deadset on getting it back in blood with not just Annie, but all the others that got his peeps GOT (not talking just Zeke, but THE WORLD). Tell me it wasn't his personality to go hard. Try. I'm supposed to believe underground rogue wasn't about it? My ass. He wasn't that different from Big Unc (Kenny). Had he just been smarter, his service could be rewarded even something beyond personal justice against hated people. Founder can bring forth dead spirits and bodies? Then resurrect Petra for him. Earn the wife and retired life. Erwin can have his rest, be avenged and know the task was completed. Instead he's a mangled munchkin in a wheelchair dooming everyone to piss on the anguished dead. Fantastic.

Connie - Dude just wanted his village, family and friends to be chillin'. The Sasha thing was easily explained away. MIDkasa let down (step) bro by letting that weird hatred fester, but then why was the simpleton such a sad ass? He didn't even get a love interest for real (Nicollo at least expressed his sentiments). Aside from the rez request (bring back potato girl pliss *not like Eren even knew he could do this shit before he woke up the demon/animal inside the Coordinate*), just feed his moms unwanted shifters...or have Eren undo all pure titans the moment the Rumbling starts. Like, what's the points of having them be a thing? Just telling Connie to hurry up and get his mother would have a been a quick fix to his mindbroken state. How did he never just talk to Eren? This will also be a recurring issue.

Jean - The everyman cut from the same cloth as Floch (who went the wrong way). He should have joined the Yeagerists for sure (man of the people). Ought to have helped convince the hapa to get over Ereh wanting that mini-Stacey. Offer to take her to rebuild her country (that she should have visited sooner). Do what he has to (including drug her) to keep the superhuman from doing anything stupid since talking isn't effective against dogs. Wouldn't need special protection for his parents had he chosen the right side of history. Failing that, I'd be amused if he just replaced the lost cause yandere (hanging by her scarf) with her better, blonder clone (Louise) while dressed up like Eren (kek) for dual role play. Another that couldn't have been too bothered about Sasha (somehow not about avenging her *forget about the resurrection*). Straight to working with her killer to help kill off everyone else he loves. Brilliant stuff like him being onboard with the ultimate CUCKOLD plan (guess he never wanted quasi-moonmen). Dude recalls Marco and walks away thinking 'yeah, gotta make sure all my other pals end up like this, lemma work with the people who turned him into a snack'. If he needed to ask anything of his better, it would be to warp his mind so he has healthy love for someone worthy of it.

Reiner - "An hero". This aside, how did he not achieve peace within himself by defecting while helping others to break the conditioning? That is what he should have done after the war declaration. As ever, beg for family to be warped to safety. Help rebuild. All that. Thanking Eren for half-assing (like with the rest) is crazy. Him going full SNIFFA on da kween (still thinking of her as Krista) was atrocious. At least as bad as this jobber wrasslin' with the big bad bug. Since his LARP as Marcel was the only 'cool' aspect of him, the dork may as well be a weirdo. He likes the 'goddess' so much? Have him go full Twilight (crushing on Ymir reborn). Eren will have to beat his ass each time he gets ideas in his head about ever scoring.

Armin - As explained, with Bert's memories somewhat possessing/infecting/corrupting? Sure, okay. He's a bit compromised. He was already bad at TnJ (and Bert ate dicks by he bagful on this front). Just sit it out, broski. Let Eren do his thing, then you can get your gay book and write the sequel(s) about things you see as you help rebuild and catalogue it all alongside Hange. You're not a fighter. If you're not a total L, you'll follow orders (don't pretend you're commander material) to nuke, swat and stomp like the lumbering loser you are. Mister 'Give Up Humanity' couldn't continue with that character dev (ending with him lying and self-sacrificing to clutch the dub). We got Pet Sematary monkey paw'd like a mug. Shit is foul. Like always, the Flockster was right again. Even with Bart's influence, this gaybian being into Ms. Mark of Cain? Nah. He's blue light distract certified. Frankly, letting him burn to death would have been for the best. Rez CHADwin (and keep Levi on a short leash via his MASTER). Funny as some of his moments getting shat on were, he's fucking needless in P4. Dude didn't even want to really avenge his parents (and grandfather). He could never be Bats.

NOTE: That's enough for now.

26Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:29 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>YT censorship
I guess live chats are too hard to moderate for the algos or they simply don’t care (probably the latter). Feels good indeed.

>Isa not mentioning TEC
When the manga (and anime) were still being published I can get it, since it would have maybe spoiled what was about to come (AHAH), but now there’s no excuse. I doubt publishers have a hand in it, considering how much Japs love western shit, and it would make for a (somewhat) obscure inspiration (which is cool) instead of citing Berserk and TLotR for the billionth time (not about AoT specifically).
Also wondering if it’s worth a read. The books are supposed to be short, so that’s a plus.

>Gotz/Guts
Oh yeah, never thought about that but it’s pretty obvious.

>”The Mist” ending
Wonder when exactly he switched gears. Must be around CH130, otherwise it doesn’t make sense.

>without getting too much into real world affairs
EDs LOVE this shit. They take your stance on the ending as a RL political stance (so if you defend the Rumbling you’re a fascist).

>being the will of Ymir
I mean, that’s pretty much what he becomes after the medal award ceremony by Eren’s own admission in 139. Problem is that the will of Ymir was to kill 80% of humanity just so see Mikasa chop Eren’s head off while not getting over her love.
The parallel Ymir/Mikasa Eren/King Fritz is really a stretch and pisses me off (moreso the people that defend it). I can kinda get behind the idea the Ymir needed to see someone killing a loved one (this all assuming it was properly built up during the story, which it wasn’t) while he/she was doing some bad deeds, but it was also Ymir who did some terrible shit while obeying the king, while Mikasa didn’t really do anything. She’s at fault for the Rumbling but not in the same way Ymir was for following orders. Mikasa’s faults were not understanding Eren’s turmoil (and she says so herself) and doing jack shit for 4 years while the world was getting prepared to destroy the island. Negligence essentially, which is very different from what Ymir did.
It would have also worked better if they said that Ymir thought she loved the king, while in reality she loved her daughters, and Mikasa was the same (thought she loved Eren, but was just some weird mental thing due to the fact he saved her). The king also wasn’t pushed into a corner and was basically forced to kill all external forces to save his people.
With how it stands, Ymir is a moron who killed 80% of the world and the only other person to understand her just so she could see his head get chopped off (despite her already knowing what was coming), while also condemning her own race in the process. She’s the true villain of the story, poor slave girl my ass. Why did she pull every Eldian in Paths for thousands of years if she already knew what was up?

NOTE: One thing that came to mind is, did Ymir create Paths of her own will of was it due to the daughters cannibalizing her? If it’s the former than it’s retarded. Also, did Eren receive new memories after he comes into contact with her? I ask this because I’ve seen these thrown around.

>rebirth into a complete person with a second chance at life
I guess this is what was intended originally, with the last panel being of Eren holding a baby and all that.

>NOT character assassinating the cast to oppose him
Sacrificing his friends would have been more impactful for sure, but the Alliance kinda came out of nowhere motivation-wise yeah (as we already discussed).

>goofy about freedom
“Guys, you’re free to oppose me, even though I’m literally an unstoppable god, so I’m giving you the choice to kill yourselves or remain quiet and enjoy the fruits of my labor”.

>reward them with exile
Leaving them in the middle of bumfuck nowhere with all the land trampled wouldn’t have been a bad idea. Stay in purgatory for a bit before dying of starvation.

>Birdren watched
I bet Mikasa caught him after he wrapped the scarf around her and made him the family pet. He saw everything.

>P4 finishing the rest of them off
Did they say how many parts it would be?

>MANkasa might not even live long enough to know
Would love to see her reaction. Blz make it happen.

>this is the way
Another thing I was wrapping my head around, if it’s Ymir that’s controlling the Titan Shifters of the past (as Zeke says to Armin after he gets eaten by the Okapi), why is the scene with Grisha, Kruger and co. there? Why do they need convincing when they aren’t even the ones in control?
Ending without plot holes or inconsistencies btw.

>there is NOTHING they can do to win
When Eren isn’t busy being mindbroken by Ymir no.

>ignored it
I kneel.

>other themes getting reuploaded will be nice
Wait is there more shit that got YT’d? What a shame.

>Saint dipped
Are you referring to him?
https://www.youtube.com/@saintitchief
Apparently he released his last video on AoT a couple of days ago.

>War Hammer creating jets
Wouldn’t be a stretch considering all the bullshit that happens in the final battle.

>lovetap to disable utility
Couldn’t he just transform again into a healed body?

>why won't he die!?
I didn’t feel the Marvel influence before, but I do now!

>choose to waste 2K years
They weren’t the brightest for sure.

>worm titanizing everyone
Would have been cool if it lasted more than two pages, but you know, can’t get over 139 chapters because muh symbolism. Like dude, do 139.5 or some shit, why limit yourself for the sake of something so trivial?
Also hilarious that they say that “it might start the Rumbling again”. No, you fucking morons. Didn’t you see what happened with Zeke?

>if it were still a cannibal holocaust
Ah, the good ol’ days.

>one of the many handles I considered
With matching propic I hope.

>punished AI versions of the characters
The future is now, old man.

>wasn't possible to save his friends
Yeah, makes more sense and ties the story together better. Paralleling Erwin sacrificing his dreams to get shit done. After all, if he didn’t care for his friends it wouldn’t have been a sacrifice at all, would it?

>Uncle Yuri
Who this? (Sorry for the spoonfeeding request).

>they will 180 from the logic they had before
Head empty, no thoughts.

>you probably don't need a say in the affairs of your people
If you asked them if they agreed with Zeke’s plan they’d answer no. Funny how that works.

>minor rebellion waiting to get rounded up
But dude, there are totally the basis for a bloody civil war after the Rumbling. Even if the Rumbling got completed, Paradis would have still been destroyed by internal tensions.

>the message is the same
Not according to EDs. The profound and deep message that Isayama was trying to convey after 10 years (at least) was that humans bad, conflict always happens. So seeing Paradis getting destroyed isn’t a warning against letting your enemies live (after pissing them off further), but a message on human nature, despite the series never talking about conflict in the general sense. And what a deep message it is, my simple mind can’t comprehend the genius.
This comes from the position that dealing with these situations with violence is childish, while dealing with them with talks is mature (I wish I was making this shit up). If you thought that omnicide was the correct choice, you’re simply immature. Try to talk to them bro, see how it goes (spoiler: with lots and lots of bombs).

>how conflict will still exist in other forms later is the most irrelevant shit
What’s better? Dealing with the whole world trying to kill you and having to deal with your own people or only dealing with your own people?

>might just take the fun out of things
Absolutely.

>with his queen
The man was ROBBED.

>miss me now?
“I wish Eren wasn’t so emotionless” I said as the finger on the Monkey’s Paw curled.

>fighting the good fight for half a decade
Based.

>there he is
Fuck it * unplots your armor *

>big oof
And she gets left to die like a stray dog. Sadge.

>did Yammy forget she existed?
Most likely.

>re-read the manga
My boy should have re-read it better.

>blankly stares at them
The famous Ackerman gaze.

>a fucking LEAF
Changed his whole outlook on life in just 3 pages just to become Shinji Ikari (le little moments matter). TnJ worked this time!

>Yelena saving the world by making sure conflict continues
Makes sense, considering her logic and the Zeke dickriding. She saved her, so she’s going to help him in killing all his people. Fantastic.

>Gabi using cheats
Really, they could have made her shoot Eren from Falco’s back without issue. She has an accuracy of 100%.  

>head empty ass
The “dialogue solves everything” crowd tends to forget how hard it was just for her to get convinced that Paradisians weren’t that bad. Now imagine doing that for a billion people.

>ought to have FULLY defected
She was too brainwashed for that. She did everything to oppose Paradis.

>no fucking way she counts as his "friend"
She fucking cries for Eren after he dies and reveals that he wanted her to “live a long life”. This bitch showed no remorse for anything she’s done and she gets off scot-free while getting exactly what she wanted (muh dad).
Not even Levi, who watched all his comrades get brutally killed by the blonde bitch, says anything about her. Reiner is tormented for what he’s done, Annie doesn’t give a fuck. What a bland character.

>the pie was off-putting
“Annie’s gobbling a pie! AHAHAH”  * REAL PREVIEW IS ON THE FOLLOWING PAGE! *

>Levi
Him reduced to “I have to kill Zeke” was really disappointing, plus getting on board with the Alliance, to save the people that killed all of his friends. He has it the worst at the end, alone and crippled.

>rez request
Can Eren really do that? They don’t show anyone get resurrected, do they?

>just feed his moms unwanted shifters
Armin almost got what he deserved.

>have Eren undo all pure titans the moment the Rumbling starts
This (and similar points) obviously assuming Eren had any agency to begin with.

>how did he never just talk to Eren?
The moment he talked to them after starting to rumble would have been a good time to bring those things up, yeah. Guess they forgot that, in the exact moment talking would have been most impactful.

>Jean with the Yeagerists
Man wanted a quiet life, sit down and it will be handed to you on a silver platter, while guaranteeing the safety of your people and friends.

>that she should have visited sooner
Another plotline that gets completely shafted for no reason. You could eliminate all those pages and lose absolutely nothing.

>special protection for his parents
Which was most likely just a house in the middle of nowhere anyway.

>couldn't have been too bothered about Sasha (and Marco)
Weird way of acting about your friends when friendship is supposed to be a big part of his (and others) character.

>an hero
He was so close. Would have been a fitting end honestly (better than the sniff at least).

>thanking Eren for half-assing (like with the rest) is crazy
What a man he is, that Eren. I tell you.

>full SNIFFA on da kween
The fact that this is how the character ends is both hilarious and embarrassing.

>his LARP as Marcel was the only 'cool' aspect of him
That was handled pretty well but was never resolved. He helps take down Eren and all of his problems melt away like it’s nothing (he’s not the only one guilty of this but it’s definitely one that needs more to his arc).

>you're not a fighter
He’s not a talker either. So, what is he (other than a sore loser)?

>mister 'Give Up Humanity'
That didn’t have the strength to see that through.

>he's fucking needless in P4
You could say that for a lot of characters, until they form the gayest alliance in history. Really, it’s fine seeing Armin growing distant to Eren due to their ideological differences (one correct and one wrong), but he doesn’t get to recognize his own flaws and becomes the new Willy Tybur despite having bloody hands (both for Liberio and the fact that didn’t manage to come up with a better plan than the Rumbling). He becomes the ambassador of peace despite being shit at talking, and the thing is that the others are probably worse than him. What’s Annie going to say to the Marleynians that saw their families squashed into a pulp? I just want to see my dad? Oh, she already got that. Is she going to throw them on the ground while eating a pie? Or is she going to play with them like a yo-yo like she did as the Female Titan?
The problem with these fuckers is not only that they do things against their character in the final part, but that post time-skip there’s barely any substance to them, and if there is it doesn’t get concluded properly (like Reiner).

>enough for now
Absolutely. Who are we missing now? Mikasa, Eren, Hange, Sasha and Erwin?

27Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:45 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>too hard
Not sure if their bot can keep up with all that.  Probably hoping streamers and their mods will take responsibility (or get punished for failure to do so *allowing for lefty tactics like attacking the streamer who then gets punished for not keeping up with the assault*).

>don't care
Believe me. There is no facet of life too unimportant to be beneath their notice.  None.  That's the nature of the beast (their father in Hell).  Not even card games.

>would have spoiled
Except if he totally didn't intend to copy it exactly (which he did).

>doubt publishers
Contradicting the bosses isn't something JP relish in.  If they interfere, he will NEVER speak out.  He lacks the balls.  He's no Miura.  Even the Oreimo guy had balls.  Their fights?  For loli and incest.  He had a message of value.  One loathed by powers beyond mere publishers of Moon Rune Land.  It would be deeply political just admitting to this matter (concerning a conclusion supposedly never intended *ruining the franchise to avoid that course with a derailment*).

The big G is taboo (and it was outside forces that disallowed even positive portrayal of incest much less wiping out a people), but when you involve pretenders of the tribe and their self-proclaimed "Amalek"?  It gets a bit more serious.  You ain't just telling your story about it being okay to wipe away the evils trying to kill you over nonsensical ancestral grudges.  You better not fight back, little bitch.  Be a good slave cattle and die.  That's the takeaway approved.  TATAKAI?  Sounds more like CANCELED.  International success is what drew too many eyes.  Had he been some obscure doujin?  Nobody would give a fuck.  He could say whatever.

Ultimately, admitting to TEC is dangerous for him.  It proves he was going down that path all the more (as with all the other multitudes of evidence catalogued).  That there was interference.  The ending we got is illegitimate (done under duress).  Inauthentic (and thus non-canon).  If he got the stones to say as much, broke all contracts, went into hiding (it would become a legal issue) and published material obviously from him on some porn sites or the chans with the real thing?  That would be canon.  Just not 'official' (licensed).  I doubt he ever wants to talk about "The Mist" or other things (even Muv-Luv now) that would indicate his meaning to kill off Mikasa, pair the MC with the queen, have a downer ending with finality (not an open-ended loop), etc.

Until he gathers the courage, he deserves an onsen (something he apparently desired greatly) of boiling shit.  The dishonesty is unsightly.  It is annoying enough AT does it for his meaningless trash so he can be the George Lucas of the East (just making material he doesn't give a fuck about only to collect a check *later to avoid prison rape for tax evasion*).  Only death stopped Toribot.  Now we'll get to see if Sasuke protects the integrity or allows vermin to ruin it (can't even call one potential candidate "THE MOUSE" anymore really).  See if it doesn't end up like LotR and so many others.  JP hasn't exactly not been handing the reigns over to the West in the bigger companies.  Time will tell.

>obscure
Not to avid fantasy readers apparently, but to the normal populace, Moorcock is indeed obscure.  I knew him more for Stormbringer (Elric of Melnibone) thanks to music (said weapon inspiring many *it wasn't just Berserk in the case of Soul Edge/Soul Calibur*).  I first heard the Turmion Katilot version of the song (Deep Purple later).  I forget how I came across it (don't think it was just random while going through the artist's discography).  I know I heard Lepositeet in a GoW tribute that is no longer on YT (I backed it up, so it is possible to reupload, but it would be weird for me to upload out of nowhere).  Amusingly, by a DeviantArt girl.  I used "Stormbringer" in my CotG demonstration during CotG10.  Before that, I had used one song for upcoming GoWII (Metallica "For Whom The Bell Tolls") in the E3 demo trailer and Stormbringer for "The Great War" cutscene.  Let's see if I can sync up the latter:

https://viewsync.net/watch?v=fMBm4F11KS4&t=0&v=IAr7_aE-ReY&t=21&mode=solo

NOTE: A pain to get the old sync as I remember it.  I feel like there is some fine adjustments needing to be made so it hits all the Mickey Mouse beats as it ought to.

>worth a read
Couldn't say.  I only heard select portions from Serenity and read summaries.

>when exactly
Pretty late in, yeah.  The instant we had the Cringevengers (assembling Nakam) it was super obvious the route was switched.

>they love this
I told you before that it is their nature to be hyper sensitive about it (and don't dare start teaching them about the IRL version of things that they're going to bring up or they will definitely seek more than debate *as many countries make discussion of truth illegal for such topics, which is the hallmark of facts definitely, totally backing the masters*).  They were programmed to be this way early on (the actual point of public education/academia beyond simple greed *elites wanting peasants to better themselves is a laughable sentiment*).  They can be on the same page as even one so extreme as myself (or Eren) until it crosses with their triggers.  Thus, the sudden MC dickriders part ways with me who shat on Eren until P4.  We were only bedfellows for understanding the enemy (while it was titans or the corrupt government, not so much when the bulk of their favorites were set to take out the rest of the planet *as they should have*) until it became a debate edging into WW2 territory.  Emotions (beliefs) override their logic at that point.

Along the way you might see shippers choose to ignore obvious cues (or they're too dumb to make connections, which is a different issue), but that's a lesser element.  Like those constantly using meme words (like "nazi"), you will be EreHisu if you think (correctly) that Mikasa wasn't done well (little to no development), the sudden importance of romance, the unhealthy pairing with the hapa was unironically toxic, etc.  For those looking for a good story, the themes didn't set that shit up.  But that's more Serenity's focus.  I'd rather dunk on them for being illogical baizuo.  It really isn't a complicated matter at all (not in the world of AoT where nuance exists in ours even if you DID know everything as we do for the setting as readers/watchers).  Just the abandonment of themes/set-ups and inversion of that clear intent making it a dark comedy (more in line with his parody writing for the 'academy') at the expense of those paying attention...Clearly NOT what he intended with "The Mist" reference (which is to hurt those attached to characters hoping for a happy end for them *which is what they got at the expense of the story where it becomes a pointless loop we never needed to hear of at all since there was no resolution*).

>problem is the will of Ymir is altered
Just so.  From one seeking freedom through revenge (Fritz is human) and rebirth to self-destruction, stockholm and oblivion.  Sure.  Definitely Mikasa the autist yandere.  Totally not Historia (playing the role of slave goddess as Krista and later the queen against her will *after being choked by that piece of shit Levi*).

>getting over her love
Her actually pining for her pedophile rapist that cheated on her, kept her in slave status even as queen, made her murder, tortured her, etc. is beyond absurd.  Loving him should never have been the issue.  Escaping her slave mentality was the issue.  Freedom.  That was her goal.  What Eren gave her.  What Advancing was made to do.  To oppose the part of herself that served the royal human that abused her.  The best one can muster is saying she...murdered her own subjects/bloodline.  Fantastic.  Really showing Carl the First who is long gone (being human she can't even manifest him).  The cruel world gets to clutch the dub she delivers into their hands.  Well worth 139 chapters.  She just wanted to see a dog slay its master (except Eren was good to his adopted sister who played mother to him while he sought to protect them, but NEVER had romantic feelings and even pretending he did, how would that line up with Carl *who had had none and was cruel*).  Eren saves her from child sex trafficking.  Carl was the the child sex trafficker (whom Eren would kill viciously).  You have to be warped in the head to accept this twisted garbage.  Real 'head empty' types.

>negligence
And ignorance.  Know who knew what Eren was going to do?  She's 4ft and blonde (like the Founder she's directly related to).

>at fault
I wouldn't even put it on her.  She's powerless to actually play a real role in the matter with the time powers involved even before he became OP to the point it was laughable to humor Levifags (my fucking ass he could do a thing against War Hammer save die like a bitch).  One sphere of titan crystals later and there is nowhere to run.  Just going to be blended to paste.  Killing him is a trifling matter even before full Founding can just change his physiology (or BFR his punk ass).  None of them could stop Eren.  It was never in the cards thanks to the time shit.  And Rumbling is the right call.  The only call.  To do anything less is suicidal stupidity.  It isn't moral.  It is immoral to let evil win.  To not kill evil is a failing.  And she failed.  With gusto.

One of the things that trolls the mind poisoned very well are pure evil races (indefensible beings by nature).  Demons, goblins, etc. done in the truest sense are inherently worthy of extermination without any attempt to show pity or negotiate.  Yet even with those, these types will NOT see reason (at best complaining about having such things exist in a fantasy setting *they absolutely can never accept that TnJ can't always work and frequently fails even in the short term much less the long game*). Frieren's Demons play humans for falling for the aggressive mimicry (became political for this reason).  It is up to the autistic elf "noticer" to go full "on-sight" with these motherfuckers.  People will look at her crazy for going from moeblob or 'kuu' to EDGElord upon spotting one of these predators (demonstrating their inability to stop seeking destruction of others time and again even with internal monologue as one tried to 'feel', got tired of failing and prepared to betray and slay humans growing bored of the act).

Goblins are simpler, yet still people get assmad about them (and not just for the overt rape in early chapters of Goblin Slayer that borders on hentai).  Even Orcs get this treatment in LotR nowadays.  If it isn't whining about them being stand-ins for foreign hordes (often blacks *meaning Sub-Saharans, not North Africa let alone other high melanin types along the equator in particular* even though the actual people in question exist in faraway lands, just not important to the main stories focused on in Middle-Earth as it is with Asians).  Goblin Slayer wants to kill them all, but glorifying the vanquishing of a species of fictional monster with no redeeming qualities?  Too far.  Imagine being mad a dark god didn't give nuance to his tools for a game meant to challenge the player.  Things are extremely simple in that setting.  Just that people underestimate the danger of goblins...and females in particular (like the real world) have a hard time accepting the notion that pity cannot be shown to evil (as they got their wombs blackened and bodies violated).

But Eldians are neither of these things.  Nor is the world's 'humans' as such.  Just that it remains a very simple matter all the same (despite this).  As in TEC, they just wouldn't come to the table to negotiate (kept promising doom, so had it visited upon them).  I fucking guarantee if Eren were a human (not Eldian) and betrayed humanity to join Eldians against mankind, it would have been given the greenlight.  But Isayama had him already on the side he would stick with.  He would represent nationalism, patriotism, etc. (conflated with fascism and xenophobia).  Having him (correctly) have in-group preference (as they were just as valid as the rest of humanity *and they ARE humans*) is the most key issue here.  Not the mass slaying itself.  Staying loyal to his team that were shown as innocent while the opps were unreasonable (and very much in-line with how our world behaves)?  Too real.  Too dangerous.  Can't be advocating for that.  Too positive to show it is a valid solution as self-defense (with permanence).  Poor Pein.  He had the right idea, but got cucked with fucking TnJ.  We got a power creep Madara (super gay for his nemesis, by the way) that jobs to some shadow of a randomly introduced true final boss (taking the L from fujo fanservice).

>the same
Her Ackerbond was the perfect explanation.  She really needed to get away from him, find herself among her people and return with a valid reason to oppose him as best she could (and die for it tragically).  Keeping her alive is needless, but if doing it for some reason it really isn't difficult.  Sadly, the game was rigged against the OP by on outerversal threat (powers beyond the God of their world).

>circumstances didn't force Carl to be as he was
Indeed. Just ambition, desire, etc.

>knew what was coming
Meaning she already saw it in her imagination (just as good as reality since she could bullshit it into reality).  Silly.

>the true villain
What a horrible heelturn it was.

>Paths
She lept into that space without real intent, but if she created it (even accidentally) or not isn't known.  Could be the thing, but we don't know.  What is known is that the cannibalism started the branching of who shared in the power to some degree.  That the daughters also fail to rebel against their father is silly to me.  If they have these powers at their age, I'm supposed to believe ALL of them will be cool with just doing his biding?

>receive new memories from Ymir
What?

>you are free
DAS RITE (surpassing the father)

>came out of nowhere
You would have to really work to get it believable they would fight him.  Just handwaving it to have them die tragically is trash, but still better than letting them get corrupted for no good reason and WIN.  I can make Mikasa turn on Eren.  That's not a problem.  Even Armin using Bert.  There just isn't a sensible reason for all the rest.  Does it even matter?  You could have the entire planet stand against Eren (even with Paradise all siding with their slayers) yet what could they really do against his full might before getting mindfucked?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  Infinite versus 0.  Only a handful would be needed to make it unfortunate and all that sad shit.  To even have a few flirt with that thinking only to realize it is in error would suffice (have plenty just stand aside like the "innocents" of the world who were complicit in the extermination of Paradise *we don't even get to see people working against that because that sentiment didn't fucking exist and the author never intended such a thing to grapple with*).

>kys or take the W
Which became 'give your descendants the L or watch me clutch the W' since he was just going through the motions not really fighting back.  If they try?  They win.  If they don't?  They inherit the Earth.  Dumb.  How do you call it a fight when he's pulling punches to the point of total throwing?  How is it a struggle and not just a fucking farce?  Even just going with the fake Zeke plan and stomping the militaries of the planet achieves the 'muh nakama' ends without having to get 'big sad' about killing """innocents""" or fighting his dear ones (who would have SIDED WITH HIM *even if he refused to allow the part about keeping the Rumbling on the table by letting Historia be eaten...just waiting for the world to kill them in a few decades, but after the fam would have to care so who gives a shit, right?).

>starvation
Frankly, the idea that all life is gone from the Rumbling is laughable.  Even actually getting ALL humans is a huge stretch with just marching of colossals, but humoring that, why would you expect insects, birds, fist, etc. to all be dead?  Still, if you leave them in some trampled desert, tundra, etc. that's not going to go well, yeah.

>family pet saw it all
And LOVED it.  Because Yams said he was like young Eren (and hates that part of himself now).  Current Yams?  LOVES Netorare (read: cuckoldry).  And I don't mean being the bull.  He said this for real, by the way.  MONG is the editor insert, but Ereh was Yams.

>how many parts
AnR adaptation?  I don't believe they said P4 is definitely the end, but I can't imagine it going beyond P5.  It really doesn't take that long to mop up the cretins and have the happily ever after.  Frankly, P3 wasn't way too much time on the throwaways fated to die for my liking.

>see her reaction
Probably similar to the "I've always hated you" thing (which was a fabulous time to be alive for as the buttflustering was real).  And it made sense for him to despise her.  Even later you could dial it back to him speaking truth, but being harsh for the sake of his "sister" keeping her hands clean and out of the way as best he could (she really needed to move on *stop ignoring the horse who was the literal only person to clearly be into her aside from arguably the probable yuri replacement for Freckles*).  Had she just matured more during her 4 years of doing nothing, she wouldn't have to be so fucked up about Eren being into royals like his pops (she could have instead just been happy for bro *and put the Eren wig on Jean while Reiner puts the Krista wig on Armin*).

>Ymir masterminded for 2K years while spending billions building sandcastles
>she would kill billions and puppeteer the dead in body and soul
>just to see her fanfiction play out rather than settling for dreams
Bravissimo.

>more got YT'd
Is it so surprising?  If it isn't for political or shipper shit, it is for DMCA (false or otherwise).

>referring to
Indeed.  Says he'll be done for a time (apparently only maybe returning to speak on AnR P4).  He'll be focusing on other anime.

>wouldn't be a stretch considering
Since the crystals ARE Iceburst, which fuels the 3DMG as gas used for propulsion to begin with.

>transform again
Good luck to everyone riding living through that.  No time to heal or switch (as an amateur to shifting, no less).

>I do now
It's MAHVEL, BAYBEE!

>if it lasted
Full stop.  Also, causalities.

>might start the Rumbling
>Earth Worm Jim
Funny.  Ymir didn't will it.  It only cares about existing. And it continues to.  And will again have hosts.  Hold that L, EDs.

>good ol' days
The first 5 chapters.  P1.  Taken too soon.  Becoming P2 was awful.  P3 was a better look (even with titans not really meshing that well).  P4 was killing it (then itself at the landing).

>matching avatar
Certainly a cheeky one.  I've had a few.

>future is now
HABEEB ET (dattebayo)

>sacrifices
Become a devil/monster for greater good.  Quite unlike Griffith.  Speaking of such things, get to see the presentation mocking EreMika as GrifCas by Serenity?  That one was particularly fun.

>sorry
We're not on the chans where they fuss and point to /r/ and such.  Yuri Bezmenov (Tomas Schuman as cover alias).  One of the many worthy 'uncles' one can learn from (just not nearly so troubling as one in particular meme'd into the ultimate villain by...the ultimate villains).

>Zeke's plan
The fake or the real one?

>dude trust me
This while Eren had the ability to mindwipe the whole affair from all save Ackerman (two people to sort).  Even if unwilling with this nakama, Floch handles that pretty fucking easily.  It is a ruse cruise just pretending there is any grounds for a civil war (even with a super minority of guerilla terrorist subversive insurrectionists *fighting for no fucking reason at all save more death*).

>humans bad
Word.  Say less. *RUMBLES*

>talk is mature
Rather, womanly and childish failing to realize there is a limit to words without violence backing them.  These same types will back the Khazars until (maybe) you point out their antics with their neighbors (browner, so better).  Really fucks them up dealing with that situation (tons of infighting as wires cross).

>what's better
>your big issue with a bigger one or just the one
A conundrum.  I'm riddled.  Puzzled, even.

>robbed
SiM's lyrics about 'never wanting to be the king' would hit so much harder had he found himself actually assuming the mantle to achieve his actual goal (protecting the realm and his loved ones *like Cincinnatus who gave up the power...TWICE*).

>Monkey Paw
Meanwhile, I wished he wasn't so fucking emotional (crying all the time).  Hey, alright! *gets retconned into merely pretending and going full simpkek in the end* Watching people brutally misunderstand terms with villain and antagonist (versus hero and protagonist) was a real joy.  Got a lot of mileage REMINDING them (especially of what used to be a meme word *anti-hero* well known yet seemingly forgotten since the times of Krate being called that in error even as he killed all of creation for having his feelings hurt largely of his own doing with no attempt to fix things on his own end even while having the power to do so).

>the good fight
Two decades with Carrot Cultists (fuck them forevermore).

>stray dog
Who wasn't even conclusively put down....

>re-read it better
Perhaps Serenity and friends could have helped him recall?  They just need to learn to speak Nippon.

>Shinji
Such an awful character.  Get in the fucking robot, nerd!

>worked this time
Rather, Ymir made it work (as the leaf was a baseball for him, but MONG couldn't see that).

>Helen wants to save Eldians from existing
>hates her people so she wants to preserve and serve better than their direct methods
Makes sense.  I'm without recourse.  I must concede to her infallible logic.  Too sound.  The only choice?  Acceptance.

>shoot Eren
>again
Right through the gaps in the teeth, yes.  Because aimbot isn't enough.  Wallhax, baby.  This strumpette wields the Fareye fused  with the Farsight.

>how hard it was for her to learn not all were 'devils'
Even after being told she was lied to by the highest authority (one of her own).  She's an idiot.  And words are worthless against morons.  80IQ types can't even fathom abstractions like hypotheticals.  It doesn't matter how slick you are with arguments. TnJ can't work.  And most of the planet is filled with RETARDS (85IQ and below). Gorilla tier dipshits.  Only VIOLENCE works against ANIMALS.  And even those with enough INT can be crossed up with faulty investment in FTH among other questionable stats.

>too brainwashed
>except she is a child who was given the truth
>and then saw the truth for herself over and over
I don't accept that she would lack in ADP.  She's not that autistic.

>Annie wins bigly
Madness.  At least break her beak off inside MONG's bussy.  Levi will throttle "the worst girl" (enemy of humanity), but dares to champion the dead as comrade to their killer who ensures their survivors also get SMOKED (Eldian Packs in going away sale).

>alone and crippled
His earned fate?  Naked Gun's treatment of OJ, of course.

>can it be done
Founding does whatever the fuck it wants including recalling spirits, traveling through time and forming physical bodies.  Why not?  Before retcon, Ymir was set to literally be reincarnated.

>what he deserved
Not enough feminizing.

>would have been a good time
They all could have had a dialogue at once with the magical nature of the space/time.  Fuck that, he can just SHOW them (let them LIVE in his shoes knowing what he does).  Misunderstandings aren't POSSIBLE.

>wanted a good life
And to help the regulars.  Instead, he betrays them (and fucks his life right up).

>house in the middle of nowhere
Just that easy.  An entire community of people put to the side (that need to have some mindwarping so they get no ideas).

>so close
Reiner.  Live.

>how he ends
May his fans (that don't turn on him) live forever.

>what is he
He was a schemer.  He devolved into a yapper.

>a lot of characters could just die
True.  Levi blowing up the moment Zeke got one over on him.  Dies with some dignity, at least.  Hange dying to Bert's blast would have left her in good shape (instead of deserving torture from Yeagerist Yelena).  Jean being shot by Gabi?  Might as well kill him off, too.  Connie feeding Falco to his mom?  Sure.  If he's not going to learn, that works.  Nicolo giving Gabbles to Kaya?  Works for me.  Erwin returning while Armin stays dead?  Absolutely for the best.  But Sasha is the one that has to die.  Alright, Yams.  Tried to kill her off with Connie's dad, but got INTERFERED with there just to come back around to kill her later (making a point of it, too).  Let Reiner game end himself.  Have Pieck die along with her crew.  Drill into the crystal with iceburst bits to get to Annie (and make her suffer).

>who are we missing
Grisha, Kruger and Erwin because of silly shit.  Boris (among other minor characters), Anka (more so than Gustav), Karina, Finger, Leonhart, Ellie (and her brother), Petra's Father, Moses' Mom, Connie's Mom and Jean's mom as extras to maybe blow through.  As for those truly alive in P4 (some of importance): Nicolo, Lisa, Artur, Kaya, Kiyomi, Flegel, Roy, Peaure, Mikasa, Ymir, Historia, Zachary, Colt, Porco, Theo, Keith, Pyxis, Kitz, Nile, Lobov, Sasha, Hange and (of course) Eren.  Some more major than others, indeed.  But that's for another time.

28Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>no facet of life they don’t control
I’m planning to go full online privacy nerd soon. Don’t want to give them more than they deserve.

>isn't something JP relish in
Cookieface Itagaki (mr. Ninja Gaiden) did it and was immediately fired. Koji still hasn’t said a thing about the conflict with Konami and it’s been almost 10 years.

>loli and incest
Fighting for what’s important I see.

>international success led to its demise
The anime adaptation especially. AoT has become basically GoT tier, you couldn’t show something like that (also due to fan pressure to not let Armingo and co. die the death they deserved).

>and thus non-canon
Pretty much. It’s clear it wasn’t the story he wanted to tell (with the most banal “message” possible instead of being a cautionary tale about pushing hatred too far) and that it wasn’t his will.
Wonder what the man will do next (if he intends to do something anyway).

>AT selling out
Can’t blame the guy tbh.

>JP handing reigns to the West
We’ve seen how it worked so well for Sony.

>knew it thanks to music
Interesting, never knew he was that influential. I’ve never been the biggest fan of metal/hard rock (only dabbled a bit in Burzum which I very much enjoyed), so I couldn’t have known him for that.

>weird for me to upload out of nowhere
And there’s the copyright issue. Better not to risk it.

>viewsync
Works very well. Even like this it hits the most important bits. Both musically and thematically appropriate.

>Eren dickriders on board until the intended climax of the story
Disappointing but predictable, as you said. It’s easy to agree with Eren as long as the enemies are mindless monsters or a corrupt government (the latter being their actual fantasy), but when it comes to more extreme (but inevitable) measures it’s a big nono. What a joke.

>shippers
I’m not that into this culture (/a/) and I never understood this shit. How can you read/watch this series and focus only on who’s going to fuck who? And most importantly, why do you want to see Eren get with Mikasa when the most logical conclusion for her character is to get away from her savior and break her worship for him (until it was retconned)?

>"The Mist" reference
I guess he did hurt the readers in the end, just not the ones he thought about in the beginning.

>since there was no resolution
The cringevengers got to live (while dealing with intense stress owed to them having to defuse the tension with Marley and co.). That’s all the resolution you get.

>totally not Historia
Ymir could have seen her going against her father and get rid of the Titans right then and there. The king must have bashed her head one too many times.

>freedom was her goal
There’s the issue of her craving for connections (why she brings every Eldian in Paths), but that could have also been easily explained with her searching for the one who’ll free her.
EDs will also claim that in actuality she was searching for love because of this and also because the first time we’re introduced to her she’s watching a couple get married (despite this being an obvious contrast with Freida’s narration).
The thing is that her parallel with Mikasa could have been much better without changing a thing. Make the Ackerbond real and don’t make Ymir love the king. Mikasa has to get over her slave mentality and kill Eren, which also gives strength to Ymir in freeing herself from her own slave mentality. There would still be a tons of problems but at least the ending would go from a -4 to a -3.5.

>how would that line up with Carl
The only possible parallel they have is that Eren and Fritz were both “destroying the world”, so she needed to see Mikasa kill Eren even though she loved him because he needed to be stopped.

>4ft and blonde
In the small barrel there’s the best wine.

>powerless to actually play a role in the matter
Basically.

>do a thing against War Hammer
What a painfully underutilized Titan. Eren uses it only once after he gets it. Could have spiced up the final battle more.

>indefensible beings by nature
Funny that you rarely see this in vidya. “Dude why doesn’t Dante just talk with Mundus and the demons?”. I guess it’s easier to justify evil races when they’re so fun to kill (and you’re the one doing it).

>Frieren
Unfamiliar with this, only know that it’s the new hot anime on the block. Funny that not even this one can escape politikz.

>extremely simple in that setting
We’ve gotten to a point where simple good vs. evil stories are seen as childish and useless, because every single thing has to be a callback to our state of affairs.

>it is a valid solution as self-defense
When the situation is as dire as AoT anyway (which will basically never happen again IRL).

>daughters also fail to rebel against their father
The manga really skips a lot of details like this unfortunately. Not everything needs to be explained of course (for example I really don’t need to know how the Ackermans came to be, just saying that they’re a biproduct of Titan experiments is fine), but this also connects with the theme of freedom and opens some plot holes, since just one daughter or descendant rebelling would have been enough to put an end to all of this.

>what?
Apparently, some believe that Eren didn’t see everything when he touched Historia’s hand and that he got the rest of the information when he freed Ymir, despite there not being any hard evidence for it.  

>handwaving it to have them die is trash
Especially since most of them WERE good characters with arcs worth finishing.

>infinite versus 0
Which is why he had to be a “merely pretending”, otherwise there wouldn’t even have been a fight in the first place. Yams pigeonholed himself into only one possible ending, so he had to destroy the entire narrative once he realized that wasn’t going to fly.

>would suffice
I like this idea. Sacrifice A and M, make the rest live. People get sad, Eren acknowledges his sacrifices, Ymir gets reborn, themes don’t get sacrificed at the Marvel altar for a generic “war bad” message (duh).

>the author never intended such a thing to grapple with
Seeing people trying to headcanon their way around the worldbuilding is hilarious. The man made the most clear-cut good guys vs. bad guys situation he possibly could, and people still try to defend this trashfire of an ending. “But we don’t know if certain nations treat Eldians well”, exactly, we don’t know, and since it was never stated we have to assume everyone mistreats them barring Hizuru (which also had it coming since they didn’t help Paradis trading resources with other nations *not that it would have helped that much, but they would have had their hands clean at least*).
Also another detail that further proves that this man doesn’t know how to wordbuild, in the last episode of the anime when Eren is talking to Armin he says that he killed 80% of humanity and that the remaining humans now equal the population of Paradis. So basically AoT’s world (which is Earth 1:1) has only 6 million people (including Paradisians). How the fuck is that possible with the level of tech they achieved?

>just going through the motions
He wasn’t even the one controlling the shifters. The only thing he did was punching Armin’s Colossal with his own (what a trash fan-servicey moment).

>who would have SIDED WITH HIM
Did the man really need to go 80% if his end wasn’t even that? Kill the militaries (which are all conveniently grouped together) then announce that you’re also going to kill every one else. Make your friends stop you early so that you don’t cause so much bloodshed. Also don’t kill Hange while you’re at it (cool down the Colossals just enough to not make her spontaneously combust without making your friends suspicious, and even if you do you’d just give them confirmation that you want to get killed).

>the idea that all life is gone
No but it still took a massive decrease, enough of it to make survival situations in the wild basically hopeless, unless you find yourself by the ocean (fish bros are the true winners of this story, aside from the farmer).

>and I don't mean being the bull
I’m disgusted but not surprised.

>keeping her hands clean
Would have made sense, yeah. Instead we get the “I always loved you despite not ever showing once ounce of romantic interest in the 10 years we’ve known each other”. The Hizuru plotline? Gone nowhere (like Historia’s pregnancy). Why waste panels on this shit if you’re not going to do anything with it?

>it's MAHVEL, BAYBEE!
Never over ‘till it’s over (until it really was).

>and will again have hosts
Titans should have been affected by Ymir’s state of mind when she came in contact with the worm, but we then see it (without any influence) transforming everyone into Titans regardless. It’s safe to say that Titans will return (or at least, something very similar to them).

>EreMika vs GrifCas
Yeah, I saw it. I’m not super familiar with Berserk (only know about it from a couple of videos I’ve seen and cultural osmosis), but that was enough to see his argument (which is correct).
That also got me more interested in Berserk, but I don’t know if I should start it considering that the man behind it died.

>Yuri Bezmenov
I see. I saw that there is a 1.5 hours long interview on YT. I’ll listen to it while at the gym.

>fake or real
The real one. They’re against 100% Rumbling but also against Zeke’s plan (some of them anyway, others argue that it would have been better since sacrificing few > sacrificing many), which is basically what you get if you don’t complete the duty and let your enemies (because this is what they are) live.

>save Ackerman
Which was also retconned. Both Mika and Levi get called into Paths when Eren announces the Rumbling, and Mika gets mindwiped of the talk she had with Eren and only remembers it after he dies.

>there is a limit to words
Especially when the other side thinks of you as a devil that needs to be eradicated, owed to 2000 years of history.

assuming the mantle to achieve his goal
Nah, pass the torch to Armin, I’m sure it will go we…
https://youtu.be/kh_6Xepl4Uc?t=75

>got a lot of mileage REMINDING them
That’s your specialty after all.

>Krate being an anti-hero instead of a fully fledged villain
Funny.

>awful character
I liked him for what he was (insecure teen that had to push forward despite wanting to commit sudoku), but Zeke had no business in being Shinjified by Armin of all people (LEAF).
Also, a tangent. Years ago I followed a SoulsTuber which also made some videos on Eva. I knew he was spouting some bullshit when he said “Evangelion is of the most complex and universal work to come out in recent human history”. I checked him recently and apparently he’s an ending defender. I was not surprised in the slightest.

>80IQ types can't even fathom abstractions
How would you feel if you didn't eat breakfast yesterday?

>she's not that autistic
It’s not even that her character was assassinated, she has always been like this. Knows what’s up but doesn’t care, basically.

>Founding does whatever the fuck it wants
What a good idea to introduce what’s essentially a god into the story, give those powers to the MC and then don’t make him use any because Keikaku (that you only introduce at the last possible moment).  

>a schemer
And a decent one at that. Post basement reveal he does literally nothing except for bombing Liberio. A shame.

>Levi blowing up
How could he not see that he was in danger with that whole setup? I guess Ackerman hacks don’t include above average intelligence.

>tried to kill her off with Connie's dad
Don’t know what’s worse, being killed by a 3m tall “Titan” or shot by the little shithead.

>characters missing
Lots of them for sure.

29Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:14 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>finnin' shut it down
Oy vey.

>Cratermug
My guy was always a weirdo. Ain't nothing typical about him with his 'sunglasses inside the nightclub all alone' ass.

>true passions
Just goes to show. Isayama wasn't that serious about his message anymore. Just wanted that onsen.

>GoT tier
I'd give the slight nod to AoT for worse ending (all at once) though GoT obviously takes it in terms of early quality dip (in the second half) where the show is concerned (books play to another tune *currently white noise*).

>what he'll do next
Cry about it (again). "Prease understandu and PREASE crap" - Yams (still not crediting Moorcock *look at my man's name, you better give it up*)

>that influential
Apparently he is a big deal for the actual litfags in fantasy. Wouldn't at all know him in the normal sphere since his shit doesn't get adaptations and motherfuckers want to slick him (no cred).

>DMCA
You already know. Hell, I got a shadow suspension out of nowhere for a day. Missed a whole day's chance to work on my backlog. Shit's weak. Imagine the struggle if I was doing the thing YT hates most (making content for their site's adrev that I said 'no' to *that they get anyway* while blocking the FUCK out it).

>very well
Parts don't match like they did before. Made me wonder if maybe there was a different take on the cutscene in the early release. There are a few key moments I want to hit, that EDITS would fix, but there is only so much you can expect from a free website.

>how can you
Hard to say. What I know is that their asses belonged to the Halls of Anal Devastation (collection of shipperfags most assmad about their ships being sunk). It was all set-up to be fucking LEGENDARY (when it had no right to be). GokuxBulma definitely would have been this were it not for being too soon. Missed that boat.

>just not those originally intended
Duck, Duck, Goose'd when landing on the wrong one and that shit got him hit with the side-eye from the nun with the yard stick.

>all you get
Then their bloodlines are ended, the titans are set to return and ain't shit changed.

>go against her father
Apparently she needed to be fucked by him first? But then it didn't matter for MANkasa. "Only Ymir knows." - RETCONren

>connections
New life, who dis?

>she just wanted to fuck her captor
>who cut out her tongue, burned her shit down and BTFO her fam
A bold strat Cotton, let's see if the EDs are cookin'.

>works better if not acting like Ackerbond wasn't obviously a real thing
Indeed.

>destroying the world
>one is killing a bunch of trashbags to defend his people
>the other is conquering hoes to put his people on top
Not seeing it. A bunch of charred pancakes are not "the world".

>barrel
Meanwhile these weird leftists are out her trying to get women shaped like dwarf bitches (beards and all) in modern AAA.

>spiced up
Even without Founding, he can't lose to these jobbers with it.

>less seen in vidya
Obscure weebshit isn't getting that same sort of attention. They were super disrespectful to Dante with that whole "Donte" incident.

>new hot anime
Not with the sales, apparently. More just acclaim.

>can't escape poli
No shot, son. I said it before. Nothing is truly safe. There is always some 'struggle' for these clowns too comfortable in life.

>just gotta have dat nuance
Nolan apparently little boy'd their asses recently for kvetching about him not making propaganda his focus. These people ONLY care to see you pushing their agenda (in shit they don't actually care about let alone pay into).

>how the Ackermans came to be
I'd rather know why the FUCK they were designed immune to mindwarping and that was cool forever until it wasn't. Why even give them immunity to titanization? And if that shit can be done, just shut down titan stuff so the nobody has to be fucked up over it (let it pass into legend).

>it is just headcanon pulled from thin air
Word? That sounds so unlike EDs.

>trapped himself with the fun police
>only SAMSON OPTION remained
>instead KNEELS
Shamefur dispray.

>EMA ends with EMA
>EHY take the dub
>King Floch
AW YISS.

>barring
Nah, they weren't shit either. Openly exploiting that ass for DAT CRYSTAL.

>anime change the pop to sub-2B
>down to the Kabbalah meme prophecy since before the 1900s
Fuck that up and down with a barbed cock.

>how is that possible
Paradise is Not-Madagascar, yet somehow Marley's ass (next door) wasn't part of the 80% yet Liberio was. Wild. The last place that should get packed up was in Not-North America. Still don't know why Rome/Germany were based in Not-Africa, but sure.

>make them stop you
If he's going FULL RETARD, he COULD have TRUSTED them at that point with a private call, but then he knows they are getting faded if he doesn't scrape the plate, so it is still idiot lunacy (or is it lunatic idiocy). Why does he need them to stop him? Just stop yourself and fucking lie (no witnesses). It doesn't even matter, really. In the end it is dumb. Just kill them all.

>hopeless
Bugbros...ve fakking VON!

>why waste panels
Fucking editors (and publishers *and UN and [forbidden]*).

>not super familiar
Whoops. Probably shouldn't have seen that shit. Hope you're like me (don't care about spoilers).

>dead author
It's too good not to work through. Golden Age alone is worth. First Blackswordsman arc (start) is rough, but he hits his stride quick and locks-in for ages.

>1.5h long interview
He has a few. If it is the key one on demoralization, cycle of societal collapse, etc., that's the big one (less so his backstory which is only for those who have particular need to know the person talking to them *emotional shit eating up a lot of time*).

>the real one
Mega CUCKED (if you kill them, you lose *JUSTINE, plz*).

NOTE: I love Tybur's number one best seller "Paradise Must Perish" (with pen name "Monke" offering in the afterword a 'sterilization alternative', but everyone found that mad gay). Just weird that it released years before the war declaration Eren totally made first.

>gets retconned
Serenity (like others) did well to shit on it. To bad Revy didn't get turned into a full-on nugget with a caved in chest for people to coat in all manner of filth. Just unreal he would fail to avenge his peeps (he was supposed to be all about them, but totally turncoat). Imagine if Petra was brought back to life and he cut her down for going Yeagerist (then her dad pulls out a glock and blasts that bitch-faced midget).

>MONG'd by LEAF-sama
ZOOK should have had that scene looking at filth on his hand.

>NGE glazer is an EDfag
Pikachu is making a face. I don't know why, but I think HE JUST KNOWS.

>breakfast
I see someone is learned on that matter. *chirps* What the FUCK was that!?

>doesn't care
>THE HEART
Sure got bigger in a hurry (for P4). Freckles would be far from fucking impressed. I bet Mikasa (ironically) is a huge closest lesbo (hated on her ass like she did Louise *eased up on Historia after she started fucking Eren real good for her so she had to dab her up*).

>a god that just asspulls
DIS EZ DA WHEY (of the Island Devils)

>bunch of powers and don't fucking work 'em
Hallmark of peak fiction (Naruto, DB, etc.). Martian Manhunter gets no end of shit (deserved) over this in Justice League's cartoon. For a funny recap of that material, check this fellow: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFy0JruJAx7gJ9vYZa4LxVSBVBhdJP_uu

NOTE: I should probably share that with SBK if he hasn't seen it already by now.

>bombing Liberio
Under duress in another's plan (SMH TBH). Where did my little schemer go? He couldn't fight for shit or talk game, but that blonde rat was the Edomite rep we needed. We got Jean with the meme name of Khazars among other jokes, but HARMIN' had the right CHARACTER (until Lazarus Pit went wrong).

>Ackerhax doesn't come with INT
Shit, he only got 1, bro. That was the whole ass job for Historia's buttboy body double. Lil' fella didn't level shit else and was still lackin'. Probably should have been grindin' more than his meat to some Mark of Cain lookin' Yo-Yo slag.

>what's worse
The latter. There is dignity in a monster taking you out. Even if it isn't fuck huge, it is still a monster. A turd nugget asking for a VAC ban should not be how she went out. A heroic mutual death would have been better by comparison to the travesty of her getting to hear ISSHIN ASHINA talking ALL THE SHIT (Hesitation is defeat). Makes her look suspect almost getting her squad taken out over this dumb shit. Disgusting (like Lobov not having the stomach even as a Gary-Son ALL CAPS minor side character *felled by an actual minor*).

>lots of them
Also for another time. I want to work on catching up with Alpha (finish another run) then wrap up with the last non-ZMD offering from our current best GoW player (BR seethe when I say this, but that's too fucking bad *that's how it is, so GIT GUD if you don't like it and stop being so damn ESL so we can talk shop if you want my love and attention so bad as to make alts and talk shit in his comments*).

30Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 am

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>always a weirdo
A normal person couldn’t have thought of NGII, that’s for sure.

>currently white noise
Is Martin still sitting on his ass? How long has it been? Jesus.

>cry about it
And enjoying his money/fame. Doubt he’ll write anything else for a long while.

>no cred
Yeah it would have been a good opportunity to boost the man just a bit. Maybe next time (lol).

>that they get anyway
If you say no to the ad-rev it just means that they make all the money while you make none. It’s a rotten platform at this point, but we’re stuck with it since every other competitor just fails after a while. Different story for Twitch competitors that seem to be doing fine (Rumble and Kick especially).

>set-up to be fucking LEGENDARY
At least we got some assblasting with AnR. A lean consolation but it’s something.

>ain't shit changed
All of that just so that Mikasa could engage in bestiality and Reiner could lust after a married woman. Hope it was worth it.

>who dis
All the Eldians Ymir got into contact via Paths during the 2000 years she’s been at it.

>not seeing it
Because you see the obvious, that Marley and co. needed to be destroyed because shit got taken too far. If you’re in the camp of “genocide mmmmbad” then righteous self-defense is indeed “destroying the world”.

>ugly bitches in AAA
We’re currently in the “It’s good that it’s happening” phase. Sexy female representation is seen as undesirable, but sex work is encouraged. Strange world we live in.

>can't lose
>pop into the crystal
>…
>profit
It took the Attack Titan strength plus the hardness of Jaw’s to destroy it, and Eren was relatively unbothered during that. Good luck trying to do that again.

>the “Donte” incident
At least that one immediately got them some deserved backlash that only died after DMC5 got released (thus confirming that the m series was dead). A shame the same didn’t happen with NuGoW. Maybe if Donte was set to be a dad it would have been different.

>too comfortable in life
When you have no struggles, you tend to create your own (fighting against windmills).

>in shit they don't actually care about
It’s astounding how many people you can expose as posers in every media nowadays. They crumble after a few basic questions on whatever you’re discussing.

>shut down titanization altogether
Never thought about this but it makes sense. Eren, you have the Founder, you can see what the fuck they did to create the Ackermans and replicate it, do something.

>headcanon
Actually, thinking about it there is some sense in there. Eren describes his “plan” in 139 to Armin, but also mentions that he didn’t know who was going to survive. Then Armin says that this must have been what he saw at the ceremony, and then Eren says that his head is all fucked up thanks to the Founding. The thing is that he knew who was going to survive, because he told them before erasing their memory, so either 1) Eren told this to everyone even though he didn’t know if they were going to live or 2) Eren unlocked new memories (or rather, made the ones he had already more complete) once the Founding got activated.
It's not that big of a deal, since we know for sure he saw the most important bits at the ceremony, but it’s fuzzy enough to give EDs a nice little line of defense that we get to destroy immediately every time.

>they weren't shit either
Better than the rest, but still worthy of dying like a squeezed tube of toothpaste.

>Marley got spared
Bro Yams is a worldbuilding master bro trust me.

>just stop yourself and fucking lie
But then Ymir couldn’t have seen her necrophiliac fantasy play out irl and wouldn’t have banished the Titans. Let Eren tell his friends up front what he’s going to do, explain to Mikasa that she has to kill him, she does (otherwise he’ll continue marching) and boom, best of both worlds.

>just kill them all
As he should have done. Talking about alternative plans to what we got in the manga isn’t fruitful because the problem isn’t that Eren (and Ymir)’s retarded plan could have been executed in a less retarded way, just that the plan was retarded to begin with and they should have done what the story set them up to do instead of pulling an unplanned muh subversion at the last possible moment.

>shouldn't have seen that shit
Fortunately I already knew most of that stuff, so it wasn’t a big deal.

>too good not to work through
Perfect. In the backlog it goes.

>that's the big one
Yeah it’s that one. It’s the first one it comes up on YT.

>Eren totally made first
Serenity also debunks this quite well (also because the manga itself debunked this with the fake memory/alt timeline bullshit with Mikasa and Eren in the cabin).

>he would fail to avenge his peeps
>kills Zeke but leaves Annie alone
Bah.

>cut her down for going Yeagerist
I love when Hange says “Do you think any of our fallen comrades would be so narrow-minded to only care about this island?”. Uh, bitch? You still have comrades that are alive and hold their island’s safety in higher regard. Why wouldn’t (at least some of) the fallen ones do the same?

>that scene looking at filth on his hand
I’m sure Armin would have been glad to help cleaning that mess.

>learned on that matter
Happens when you stay on Channel 4 for a few years. Too bad I got tired of /v/ after a while, there were some fun threads, especially with the schizo that LARPed as an action game veteran while copypasting GFAQs posts from SBK, Raeng and yourself (which is how I discovered this site in the first place).

>what the FUCK was that!?
GMG, I didn’t know you were a person of… socio-economic factors.

>huge closest lesbo
Hey, when you can’t get the D. you gotta settle for the P.

>Justice League's cartoon
Not familiar with it, but the videos are pretty fun I must say.

>where did my little schemer go
Died when he got rezzed (ironic), only to get replaced by an ineffective blabbermouth.
Riddle me this EDs, how did Armin’s diplomacy work if Paradis got turned into a crater?

>didn't level shit else and was still lackin'
Hey, with 14 INT he managed to sniff out Reiner inside the wall. Pretty impressive I’d say.

>heroic mutual death
Yeah, make her die while shooting Sasha and you get your heartbreaking death while also disposing of the little shit (that was of dubious utility to the plot *and themes* to begin with).

>BR
Who dis?

>that's too fucking bad
How can anyone deny that Zim is the current best? His feats are unmatched. Must be a bad case of the envy.

>talk shit in his comments
I think I saw him a couple of times, but he didn’t say nothing too crazy iirc.

31Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Mon May 06, 2024 10:01 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

So apparently volume 35 came out. Don't know what's in it outiside of a chapter dedicated to Levi's backstory (again). Scans still aren't out so I didn't get a chance to read it but people are already saying that's useless filler made to capitalize on the midget's popularity (which further proves that Yams doesn't give a fuck about the series).

32Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Mon May 06, 2024 10:05 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Scans were already out. It was cool but wasn’t needed. Levi ripping a guys forehead off and snapping a guys head off was sweet, wish the incest leaks were sort of real so that we’d have something to talk about from it in the community but whatever, I was expecting some AOE schizo shit but no one has pointed it out yet and for now we are going to have to hope the way levi holds his cup showcases the cycle of rebirth.

33Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Mon May 06, 2024 10:15 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>already out
You're right. Read it right now on Titanfolk.
Overall a nothingburger that also ends with le comedy ala School Castes.

>AOE schizo shit
Let it go bruv.

34Attack on Titan Empty Re: Attack on Titan Tue May 07, 2024 1:12 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>titanfolk
Yeager bomb was better.

>school castes
That thing was leaked a while ago.

>let it go
It’s fun to theorize schizo shit. I can’t blame them. Plus mappa due to being bad at adapting the manga made it a bit believable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum