Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I saw Suna post some fights lately, and usually he's my go-to high level TNsouls player. But even his Ronin footage seemed to boil down to "wait for flashy red move, do bunch of strings, wait for flashy red move" for 2 minutes.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

52Rise of Ronin - Page 2 Empty Re: Rise of Ronin Mon May 20, 2024 6:50 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Yeah that's my experience so far. When I go to do skills in a stance that should give me advantage, enemies will sometimes just block, roll away, or tank them and I eat their red flashy move(even though I attacked first). I used some two-hit skill with a decent start up on this one enemy, he blocked the first hit, immediately rolled away, and hit me with some big high damage move as my second hit was connecting.

So most fights I just wait for the red flash, deal with that, then go "okay I have a few seconds to actually do something". It's kind of exhausting. It doesn't help that certain grabs and big attacks have the most insane tracking I've ever seen in my life.

Maybe Rorc has some insight for me.

53Rise of Ronin - Page 2 Empty Re: Rise of Ronin Thu May 23, 2024 11:29 am

SultanHayabusa

C-Rank

Infinity_Divide wrote:Yeah that's my experience so far. When I go to do skills in a stance that should give me advantage, enemies will sometimes just block, roll away, or tank them and I eat their red flashy move(even though I attacked first). I used some two-hit skill with a decent start up on this one enemy, he blocked the first hit, immediately rolled away, and hit me with some big high damage move as my second hit was connecting.

So most fights I just wait for the red flash, deal with that, then go "okay I have a few seconds to actually do something". It's kind of exhausting. It doesn't help that certain grabs and big attacks have the most insane tracking I've ever seen in my life.

Maybe Rorc has some insight for me.

Boss hyperarmour is insane in this game, enemies not so much.

Which combat styles and weapons are you using? Sometimes, skills and weapons can counter and stagger enemies real quick. Like the Vergil stance (tatsumi I think it's called) has sonic projectiles with R1+square, when I used this on that blue demon prick, it would eliminate his clones straight away, they'd just die and disappear.

Whereas, if I used other skills, they'll just hyperarmour through them and jump me into oblivion.

Odachi MA are also really good, one has that javeling stick jump over enemy MA. Also, master chaining air parries, it can confuse enemies and positions you behind them.

Seeing as the game is relatively new, not so many people have discovered all the tech yet, this game has a shit ton, we just have to experiment.

54Rise of Ronin - Page 2 Empty Re: Rise of Ronin Thu May 23, 2024 9:22 pm

Rorc

Rorc
C-Rank

I can't relate to waiting around for red attacks. I've been playing very aggressively, attempting to keep enemies locked down with shurikens and aim for guard breaks as my preferred way to defeat enemies. The ki system is the main limitation here, you run out pretty quick and it doesn't recover all that fast. Because of that, I also make use of the retreating attack to play hit and run. In missions where you have an NPC partner you can wreak havoc by switching characters repeatedly and assailing the enemy from multiple directions. You might say that makes fights too easy, but it's way too fun for me to ever stop, lol.

My most used weapons by a mile are the paired swords and the oxtail blade. The oxtail's got a rising uppercut and different aerial options which help facilitate more hit and run play. The paired swords have a mix of movement based attacks and stronger attacks that help break guard. Honestly my favorite way to deal with enemy attacks is the sidestepping slash that the paired swords get. It's super slick, very short animation and it sets you up for an easy followup attack from behind.

But also I freely admit I'm not taking Rise of the Ronin all that seriously. It's a fun distraction but my "hardcore gamer" energy is directed at DD2 and the Kill Chaos game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum