If you can get your hands on an unpatched copy, I'd say try it. It is a really unique experience. I made a few things bold which were very important changes. In short Version 1.0 was brutal, giving you nearly 250% less Souls per enemy, lots of enemies not dropping Souls at all, only two purging stones available and couldn't be bought etc. It was a mess man.
- fixed online summoning issues introduced by 1.04.
- relaxed the conditions towards invading other players.
- readjusted the parameters of the Elite Knight Armor set.
- enemy placement adjusted
- the two soldiers guarding the tower overlooking the Taurus Demon fight are both situated to the right of the ladder
- the initial location of Shiva of the Easts Bodyguard is inland from his previous cliff edge start point in the Darkroot Garden
- a Minor Capra Demon is moved from the area of the second bonfire in Demon ruins, to a corpse drop before Demon firesage (he is visible from the bonfire)
- Pyro Glove nerfed from 270 to 230
- You can see resonance signs now
- Vow of Silence range increased
- Sorcery spell damage as a whole was slightly buffed, but Homing Soul Mass and other pursuit style spells were nerfed
- Magic Shield duration lowered to ~11 seconds
- Strong Magic Shield duration lowered to ~11 seconds. Invincibility removed. Effect on Stamina drastically reduced
- Tranquil Walk of Peace and other Slow duration reduced to ~10 secs. Effect supposedly changed from 100% encumberance to 50%. Rolling possible if your equip burden is lowered. Slowness is similar to swamp effect
- Iron Flesh effectiveness nerfed
- Invisible Body duration remains unchanged
- Base Equipment Burden increased (~6-10 points)
- Humanity Item drop rate increased from 10 to 210
- Medium roll recovery faster
- Defensive bonuses gained via Humanity reduced. Other defensive bonuses remain unchanged
- Item discovery gained via Humanity improved. Capped at 20
Equipment General Changes
- Reported some weapon scaling gets improved at higher normal upgrades (+15 uchi dex scaling goes to A; same goes for scimitar)
- Some scaling reported as changing from A to S with higher upgrades
- Normal scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +14).
- Crystal scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +4).
- Lightning +4 nerfed by 2% (+5 remains unchanged)
- Raw scaling buffed by 10% (all levels)
- Magic stat scaling buffed by 10-20% (20% at +9)
- Enchanted stat scaling buffed by 15-20% (20% at +4)
- Divine stat scaling buffed by 10-20% (20% at +9)
- Occult stat scaling buffed by 15-20% (20% at +4)
- Fire +9 nerfed by 2%. (+10 remains unchanged)
- Dragon stat scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +5)
Specific Gear Changes
- Grant scaling changed to Strength:B and Faith:A
- Gold-hemmed nerfed, still can't be upgraded
- Dusk skirt nerfed hard (streamlined to match the other pieces)
- Silver Knights, Sun, Hollow Soldier's Shield and other medium shield stability nerfed to ~70 at max upgrades to improve Great Shield viability
- Crystal Ring Shield scaling drastically nerfed. Does around ~200 +-50
- Dragon Greatsword buffed from 360 to 390
- Silver Knight's Sword lightning effect removed. Now enchantable
- Elite Knight gear nerfed, then buffed slightly in 1.05
- Hunter's starting armor nerfed
- Lock-on acquisition range increased
- Lock-on changing/switching got easier (more responsive).
- Ring of Fog users can now be locked on.
- Overall increase in souls gained (~2-2.5 times more)
- Damage reduced on some mobs
- HP lowered on some mobs
- Reduced acquisition range on normal enemies.
- Reduced poise on some enemies.
- Distance at which enemies are aggro has been reduced
- Bosses drop Humanity and Homeward Bones
- Ghosts, Skeletons, Mosquitos, and Slimes give souls now
- Twinkling Titanite drop rate improved
- Pyromancers in Catacombs drop Skull Lanterns
- Darkwraiths in New Londo drop Dark Hand
- You can see resonance signs (unsuccessful on PS3)
- Some invasion restrictions possibly changed? Darkwraith upperlimit confirmed as unchanged
- 1.05: Summon restrictions improved slightly again
- Amount of souls the Master of the game gains changed
- Cracked Eye Orbs no longer get consumed on failure. Confirmed
- You can hit Select to rate messages.
- 1.05: Fixed 1.04 bug where summon signs were invisible.
- Covenant Material drop rate improved (including dragon scale ).
- Lowered requirements for Sunbro covenenant (requirements moved from 50 to 25. 3/4 assists should do the trick)
Merchant stock updates
- Male Undead Merchant: Also sells bottomless box
- Female Undead Merchant: Sells Arrows / bolts
- Andrei: Sells Arrows / bolts
- Domnhall of Xena: Sells Arrows / bolts, Master Key (5000)
- Giant Blacksmith: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Titanite Shards, Large Titanite Shards, Twinkling Titanite (8000 per, inf amount), Green Shards, Repair box, weapon smithbox
- Vamos: Arrows / bolts, Titanite Shards, Large Titanite Shards, repair box / weapon smithbox
- Ingward: Sells Transient Curses (there used to only be 3 in the whole game)
- Fixed some freeze issues
- Lvl up screen displays souls needed properly now
- Dragon-head glitch, snuggly, and magic shield glitches fixed
- Fixed a bug where your inputs come out 1 second later
- Fixed a bug where the second solaire event wont progress
- Fixed a bug where feeding frampt a titanite stone then going over 99 resulted in having zero
- Fixed some specific map areas where you'd get stuck or be unable to progress
- Changed some english subtitles on the overseas port