vert1
C-Rank

Videogames 2023 2023-110

Sleep

2Videogames 2023 Empty Re: Videogames 2023 Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:47 am

HotPocketHPE

HotPocketHPE
C-Rank

I'll play Wo Long, Magenta Horizon Act 2, and probably Silksong. Other than that it'll be old stuff and whatever under-the-radar titles happen to interest me, that's pretty much what I did in 2022 also.

3Videogames 2023 Empty Re: Videogames 2023 Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:45 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Wolong is on Gamepass, so I'll at least give that a go for sure. Other than that it's a crapshoot for me. I want to play quite a few games like WANTED, but I'll have to see if I can get my hands on it.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

4Videogames 2023 Empty Re: Videogames 2023 Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:42 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

>first 3 games on the list had me thinking i woke up in the 2000's, and the 2010's and beyond were just some horrible nightmare i had (any day now please)

>that monkey's face (can't read the game title) is my exact expression going over this list

>what's Lo Wo- oh, another Soulslike/Nioh from Team NINJA

>Alan Wake 2 (didn't even know about this or a lot of games on this list, shows how disconnected i am), from the developer who hasn't made a single good game except Max Payne 1 (2001)

>Starfield, from the developer who hasn't made a good game since 2008 (Fallout 3)

>a good Harry Potter game would actually be really cool, maybe by some miracle this will be the new Force Unleashed, lemme check the developer... what the... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalanche_Software#Games_developed a catalogue consisting almost exclusively of endless Disney shovelware like Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour and Cars 3: Driven to Win (apropos name for the developer), and the fucking classic Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero (i actually bought that game)?! pre-ordered

>another Dead Island/Dying Light game (only joy this series has brought me was when i played Dead Island co-op with a friend and at some point my friend became so bored that he started running past every single enemy in the game which also forced me to do the same, and this didn't stop until the game was over.  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  classic, my god that was amazing.

>Assassin's Creed: Mirage (i must be seeing mirages myself, because i read on the wiki that this will be the thirteenth major entry)

requiescat in pace, video games

5Videogames 2023 Empty Re: Videogames 2023 Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:34 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I guess I’m in the minority but I’m not unhappy with that list.

RE4, as unnecessary as it is, looks good to me.
Breath of the Wild is great so TotK has potential.
I’m interested in both FF titles.
Wolong will be on gamepass and I’m sure it will at least be solid even though I’m tired of that formula.
Tekken is one of the only fighting games I care about.
I enjoyed the last Fire Emblem despite the fans hating it so I’ll probably play that.
Dead Space looks like a straight graphic upgrade so even though it’s unnecessary I doubt it will be bad(they could fuck it up though).

SH2 remake though? lol

6Videogames 2023 Empty Re: Videogames 2023 Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:57 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm curious about Tekken 8 as well, really liked Tekken7 but had enough gripes with it that I dropped it eventually. Curious to see what they'll change going forward.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

7Videogames 2023 Empty Re: Videogames 2023 Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:42 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I didn't really enjoy Tekken 7 but it wasn't anything to do with gameplay. I'm one of those weirdos that likes playing fighting games in single player (I do like multiplayer too of course) but I thought T7's single player content compared to the previous TTT2 was absolutely pitiful. I'm not a fan of the "cinematic" story modes that fighting games seem to get now (Netherrealm titles, T7, DBFZ etc.) but T7 is on it's own level of awful IMO. I also thought the season passes were too expensive so I waited a good while to buy them, but you feel like a dick playing online against people who have characters that you can't use. I love the series but struggled to put much time into 7.

As for the other games, I enjoyed the Spider-Man titles, I think they're underrated from a mechanical perspective, so I'm hoping the new one will be good. I'll probably get REmake4 but I just can't see it's combat being anywhere near as good as the original. Atomic Heart has the potential to be a fantastic shooter but again, I won't get my hopes up. It's probably the most "too good to be true" looking game I can think of. The other games...we'll just have to see what might end up piquing my interest as the time. I've asked for Persona 5 Royal and FF7 Integrade for Christmas, so I'm not too worried about new releases for the forseeable future.

8Videogames 2023 Empty Re: Videogames 2023 Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:07 pm

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

Wo Long, Silksong, Magenta Horizon Act 2 all day one for sure. Other than those I'm interested in Wanted, the Kirby remake and Pikmin 4 but I'll need to see how they turn out first.
I want to at least see how botw 2 is, even if I'm not a fan of the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWlmU4vDpbsx6v7TMfgtyQ?

9Videogames 2023 Empty Re: Videogames 2023 Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:47 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I have a light interest in Ryza 3 but was waiting until I finally get a PC for those types of games. Hopefully the alchy allows for better customization.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum