You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the formula of red orbs given out based on combo counter?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Alex

D-Rank

I am aware that the more combo hits you get the more orbs you receive, but I have never seen anyone with a table/formula of values of how the system exactly works and I tried asking in reddit with no luck.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

You mean this: https://godofwar.fandom.com/wiki/Combos ?

Example:
10 Hits; "Vicious !"; 2 Orbs [(Total:2) -> Orbs per Hit: 0,2
20 Hits; "Gory !"; 4 Orbs (Total:6)-> Orbs per Hit: 0,3
30 Hits; "Savage !"; 6 Orbs (Total:12)-> Orbs per Hit:0,4
40 Hits; "Inhuman !"; 8 Orbs (Total:20)-> Orbs per Hit:0,5
50 Hits; "Bloodthirsty !"; 10 Orbs (Total:30)-> Orbs per Hit:0,6
75 Hits; "Relentless !"; 15 Orbs (Total:45)-> Orbs per Hit:0,6
100 Hits; "Merciless !"; 20 Orbs (Total:65)-> Orbs per Hit:0,65
125 Hits; "Pitiless !"; 25 Orbs (Total:90)-> Orbs per Hit:0,72
150 Hits; "Monstrous !"; 30 Orbs (Total:120)-> Orbs per Hit:0,8
175 Hits; "Tyrannical !"; 35 Orbs (Total:155)-> Orbs per Hit:0,89
200 Hits; "Immortal !"; 40 Orbs (Total(195)-> Orbs per Hit:0,98
250 Hits; "Ferocious !"; 45 Orbs (Total:240)-> Orbs per Hit:0,96
300 Hits; "Godly !"; 50 Orbs (Total:290) -> Orbs per Hit:0,97
400 Hits; "Omnipotent !"; 75 Orbs (Total:365) ->Orbs per Hit:0,91
500 Hits; "Olympic !"; 100 Orbs (Total:465) -> Orbs per Hit:0,93
600 Hits; "All-Powerful !"; 125 Orbs (Total:590) -> Orbs per Hit:0,98
700 Hits; "Herculean !"; 150 Orbs (Total:740) -> Orbs per Hit:1,06
800 Hits; "Supreme !"; 200 Orbs (Total:940)-> Orbs per Hit:1,18
900 Hits; "Unearthly !"; 250 Orbs (Total:1190)-> Orbs per Hit:1,32
1,000 Hits; "Impossible !"; 300 Orbs (Total:1490)-> Orbs per Hit:1,49

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Alex

D-Rank

Yeah thanks for that, another question if you don't mind, does the amount combo hits you got, affect how much red orbs the individual enemies drop when killed?

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

IIRC they aren't influenced by this. Orb count is preset, though the way you kill them *does* influence what amount/type of orbs they drop i.e. a QTE kill on a minotaur always gives green-health orbs.

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Royboy is quite correct. Hit count is only a factor as condition for another EXP bonus descriptor. Not raw orbs. Some entries have even higher cases, but they're memes (way too high to be practical).

Alex

D-Rank

Thanks for the info everyone, so the only way to get individual enemies to increase their red orb drops is just to petrify them from what I see.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

IIRC doing a shatter yields the most orbs yeah, moreso if it's them turning to stone mid-air (smashing). But I admit my memory is far to haazy on that since I never dove in too deep in the magic system. GMG is your best bet regarding this info.

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

>increased only with petrification
It is less that you increase it so much as it is a different type. Not necessarily that you even get more orbs, but also that you get a flat EXP bonus (from the descriptor). As Roy noted previously, different kill types give different orb payouts. I don't believe there is ever a range. Just a fixed amount for a particular type. You can be robbed of orbs in certain situation (ring-out comes to mind). One way to cheat the system is getting them stuck in a death animation loop (just does the payout on repeat), but ways to do this are limited (only GoW1 and GoWII have methods that come to mind readily).

Damage killing (versus ground grab, air grab and ground-to-air grab) isn't always the same. What weapon you use can alter this, too. A sub-weapon can adjust this further. Artemis could (on some foes) cleave them apart for a bonus descriptor, though I don't believe orbs were effected otherwise. BoO also had this (aside from a special drawing out orbs to an extent). BH and SoD both reduced EXP pay-outs in exchange for other orbs (RP and MP respectively). Beware, though they specialize in those they could CHEAT you out of profit in some cases (being less even of those than doing them by another means).

EXP in GoW1 is not adjusted by setting. In all other entries, it is reduced to 75% on VH (slight dip). Costumes have always had the potential to modify this stat. Usually to go higher, but there have been cases that it can be made to go lower. Cheats also exist for modification (always for more). I imagine your focus/concern is purely on New Game (not New Game+), so this info largely doesn't concern you. What setting are we talking about? Is it really just the question of hit count you're concerned with? As before, GoWII and GoWIII had cases at higher points (100K, 200K, 300K, 400K, 500K, 600K, 700K, 800K, 900K, 990K *think it was here and not at the 999K cap*). I forget, but CoO and GoS might have pulled similar stunts. GoW1 didn't. It goes off the screen at ~10K, I believe. Same cap, I think. No bonuses. GoW:A...I believe it stays on screen, but no bonuses. As before, it is not practical (nor sufficiently rewarding *reset the combo and go again*).

I already mentioned how combo hit count (10+) gives a bonus to OS kill on some foes (think GoWII and beyond give a special flat bonus for a finish on some big boys if you had a combo going at the time). It does not modify with how high the combo was, how many foes in a row you pull this off on, etc. Not quite like a Bayo system (multipliers to stack). While still on about the matter, hit count is also used to feed RotT's block replacement (for the Blades). Flare becomes Inferno at a certain number of hits (10, I believe). It scales up to a point (the normal stop, I believe) and hits beyond that just extent it (to a point as it hastens to compensate *think of it as a soft cap with diminishing returns*). My 999,999 hit combo video demonstrates the activation of 'Inferno' at that level. The damage of the move does scale up at thresholds, but I think it reaches max at 500 (not even 2K). The duration just makes it hit per tic across a longer duration (for higher potential that way). Sadly, only that entry has such a thing (and no entry thought to let anything use up EXP orbs for the "Power Orbs" they are sometimes referred to as *can't use "Blood Orbs" for blood magic or some other sacrifice in order to use a super move, transform or anything like that I regret to inform*).

Alex

D-Rank

Thank you for the long write up. I was just interested in knowing the exact numbers, since I am aware of the factors somewhat but never saw any concrete numbers (Can't say I searched too far XD).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum