Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Picked this one back up. It was one of my all time favourites as a teenager, being a big fan of Bond and having good memories of games like Goldeneye with friends. Put the disc in and went on a trip through memory lane, even still had my 100% save-file with pretty decent highscores honestly.. some even top the top ranks on YT I see going around which...makes me say: "you go young-Raeng" haha.

Still surprised by just how darn fun this game is. Most missions are extremely short (3-5 minutes) but there's a lot of fun things that can be done within them. You've got a decent ranking system to promote replays (scores you on time, damage taken, accuracy, kill% etc). You've also got Bond-tokens to collect during missions which are sometimes off the beaten path while you can also do 'bond moves' i.e. specific hidden 'actions' you can take. This can be shooting a tire in a car chase, or sniping a helicopter pilot instead of using an RPG. It's really fun stuff.

Most missions are also completely stealth-able which is...surprising.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2007 Agent under Fire Empty Re: 007 Agent under Fire Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:44 am

hebass

C-Rank

Huh, neat! I played the crap out of Goldeneye in High School...then very competitively in college. It was so fun playing through all the difficulties with added objectives and trying to hit the timers for the cheats. I remember trying one of the other Bond games a few years later and didn’t like it as much. Probably was just upset it wasn’t the same...different developers. But then I tried Timesplitters too and wasn’t into it much. May have just been the right thing at the right time for me. This one looks great from the small bits I just watched, though. Makes me wonder which one I played after Goldeneye. I just might have to try it, thanks for sharing!

3007 Agent under Fire Empty Re: 007 Agent under Fire Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:54 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Don't get too excited haha, I legit haven't met a soul that likes this game as much as I do. That said, it really has a lot of charm. I like the Bond, who is a mixture of the movie-actors. It's super over the top and the guy's basically so horny it's hilarious at times the way characters throw themselves at him. Some literally before he even says more than two lines.

Combat has a few interesting quirks. There's a few fights where you have to multitask i.e. do objectives at once or are on a timer. Enemies all have a 'ready gun' animation that takes quite a bit, allowing you to get some quick headshots if you want. It also uses a life-system, which is tied to difficulties. On the hardest setting you get a *single* reload per mission, making death very brutal.

Music is solid.

Multiplayer is, imo, the most fun I've ever had. You can have jetpacks and grapplinghooks that stick to any surface, can disable gravity etc. Just a ton of fun.

If you end up getting it (game is dirt cheap) let me know. It is pretty rough on the PS2 though, so get the GC or Xbox version.

> Goldeneye
Honestly there's only one shooter like it and that's Perfect Dark. The way Goldeneye handled objectives per difficulty was, and still is, freak'n brilliant and it's a big let down that we don't see more of it.

4007 Agent under Fire Empty Re: 007 Agent under Fire Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:41 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I vaguely remember this game, I think I rented it as a kid. Don't remember much about it other than I think the final boss has a jetpack?

It's one I've got downloaded to try the multiplayer on when I can have some friends over, I've heard it's a good laugh. Do you have any experience with Nightfire's multiplayer, Raeng? Just curious how it stacks up to this title.

5007 Agent under Fire Empty Re: 007 Agent under Fire Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:29 pm

hebass

C-Rank

> Perfect Dark
Totally agreed! One of my favorite games of all time that I totally did not think about last night when replying to this thread for some reason. Good memories with that one for sure. I played through this one with a friend...it had a lot of special missions that were really fun outside of the story playthrough as well. Slightly related: I played Perfect Dark Zero for 360 when it came out, too. Neat idea/spin on co-op with that one. Sniper on a rooftop helping someone running through a building type of thing.

> Platform Choice
Understood...considering this one did come out on GC, this may actually be the game I played at the time and didn't enjoy as much haha because I'm certain I played an EA created Bond on GC...must have rented it at the time (remember that!?), because I definitely do not own it.

6007 Agent under Fire Empty Re: 007 Agent under Fire Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:57 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> nightfire
Nightfire is better for 'regular' MP and it has a ton more players at once (Agent only has 4 max, including bots). Nightfire has more 'balanced' stuff, but Agent is just way more chaos since you can technically turn it into Unreal Tournament on steroids if you wish.

> it was the one you disliked
As noted, very possible. It's a very rushed and unfinished game that can be beaten in under 2 hours. It's a lot of fun to 100% without a guide, which I did as a kid and go for highscores. But back then I only had so many euros to spend on games, so I played this for years haha.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum