You are not connected. Please login or register

Nioh2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:57 am

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
D-Rank
I personally quite like the Dual-Swords, though I'm still not super familiar with the tech in this game so maybe you have a good reason for not liking them.

I don't think I'm even halfway through yet. I last did the Owl boss in the third region. My progress has slowed due to the RE4 pit being hard to get out of once you're in. Next time I play I'll probably practice some techniques from the tutorial Tai recommended.

-On a side-note
Did you see the gameplay for the next DLC? It's adding some NG-esque talons. Might be pretty fun.

52Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:55 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Yeah the Talons are a honestly the reason I bought the game on the sale, I just had to try a weapon like that!

> RE4
Such a fantastic game. Just doing a regular playthrough or something special? Halloween related?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

53Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:13 pm

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
D-Rank
-RE4
Yeah I just popped in my PS4 copy for October with the intent of just playing through once. But then Professional unlocked and I thought "YES", and after that I thought "oh maybe I'll play Separate Ways real quick", which unlocked Ashley's knight armor, which led to another Professional playthrough and it just keeps going on and on.
But yeah so far no challenge runs, but who knows what will happen at this point...

54Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:22 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Picked up RE4 on PS4 since it was on sale and fell in said pit lol. Did an OLB run since I was stuck with a first play on normal. Very fun, and you have so much money selling RGY herbs it is broken.

JTB has been doing a lot of RE4 runs on his twitch. He is doing a no item case Red 9 run RN which is great.

55Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 pm

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
D-Rank
-JTB
I admit these streams are probably what triggered me to revisit RE4 in the first place haha. I watched his Original Item Case All Mixed Herb run, but haven't caught up with the Red9 run yet. I like his idea for a Leon Retirement Fund run, so I might do that though maybe I should start with an OLB run as I'm yet to challenge run RE4.

Last edited by AeternalSolitude on Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

56Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
RE4 challenge runs are just such a blast. I still have fond memories of pre-youtube era challenge runs being done on Gamefaqs. We'd just share notes on how everything progressed, made for fun diary-esque reads every day.

Knife Only is still brutal but insanely fun too. Though I must admit my favourite was TMP only and the no-merchant run lateron was great fun too. Really a game that feels made with handicaps in mind as well, Mikami was always catering to that crowd (see REmake's reward), so that's really sweet. Fact that you can still have a good loadout without the Merchant i.e. punisher, shotgun, rpg, broken butterfly shows a lot imo.

Really a game that has something for everyone. Great fun to speedrun too, great score-attack game.

57Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 pm

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
D-Rank
Is a Knife Only run even possible? I mean I can imagine most of it being possible, but how would you do Salazar? OR Sadler? I need to look this up later.
But yeah the game is pretty much as good as it gets. The only real problem I have with the game is one I pretty much have with every old console shooter, in that there's too much acceleration and aiming kinda drives me crazy sometimes. And the game's maybe a little too long for my tastes. Other than that it's Top Tier in my eyes.

This used to be a Nioh 2 thread haha. whoops...

58Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:27 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Knife Only is possible, I've done it when I was younger. First did it on Normal and then on Pro. There are of-course run-exceptions as there usually are with these types of heavy restriction runs.

You have to use your gun to shoot some crates in 2-1 near the waterfall for example and to shoot the driver of the drill. Lava-room also requires a pistolshot IIRC. Water-room needs a few to stagger some enemies with Ashley. Salazar cannot be knifed, you need to use a weapon. Generally speaking to add some challenge players use an un-upgraded Handgun or Punisher for that fight. You'll need around 500 rounds to get him down.

Saddler is perfectly doable, doubly so if you allow usage of the cranes (I did).

Hardest part of the run was, for me, the Knights room, Waterroom and the bulldozer section. That part was just pure luck on my part, I know people struggle with it immensely but I got insanely lucky there, twice I feel. Note that you can run past a lot of tough fights, and I used some despawn tactics. I'm not above playing dirty haha. Most bosses were pretty easy if you managed to get a good loop.

> length
Agreed, honestly around the time I reach Disc 2 I kind of zone out. The village and castle are the best parts for sure. The Island is good too, but just too many heavy combat sections imo and I don't like its style if you get me. I have the same problem with other games I adore like God Hand and Ninja Gaiden II. Fantastic games but a tad too long for my taste.

> Nioh 2 thread
I'm just happy people are talking!

59Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:31 pm

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
D-Rank
Oh god yeah I didn't even think about the knight room. Yeah I'll stay away from the knife run haha.
Honestly I generally get pretty bored with "whatever" only runs. I've never finished one, as I just burn-out pretty quick when I'm stuck with just one thing. Sometimes I'll do it for a specific boss or challenging segment, but a whole game is just too much for me. I enjoy watching them sometimes, and hearing the strategies people come up with, but I personally find them overwhelmingly tedious.
That might be a bit contentious as a lot people here seem to favor them. But eh... I like what I like.

60Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:45 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
That's the most important thing: do what you like. Everyone has their own tastes and niche, so that's fine :) I used to love just replaying bosses, had a whole GC-memorycard dedicated to bosses for that system haha.

With challenge runs it helps to do them on Easy first, or Normal - makes it a lot less intimidating and gives you plenty of room to try shit out.

61Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:46 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
So apparently Nioh 2's upcoming DLC has a lot of Ninja Gaiden stuff in it, from the Falcon's Talons to Ren Hayabusa and Rasetsu being a boss. Sick stuff! Cannot wait to play it.

62Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:23 pm

Hicho9

Hicho9
D-Rank
I really need to dive back into Nioh 2 sometime soon!

Love the game but I played SO much of Nioh 1 that I have found Nioh 2 not quite grabbing me as much despite the improvements.

63Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
It's a great game, but the enviroments really hold it back. The second-to-last and last world are the only ones with good levels imo.

64Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Hicho9

Hicho9
D-Rank
Yeah, I kind of think they should have waited to next-gen for Nioh 2 as some things look quite dated/subpar now to be honest...and I still think there is just not enough that sets it apart from Nioh 1.

But if it means they are focusing on a new Ninja Gaiden for next-gen then I am glad they got Nioh 2 done and out of the way when they did:)....

65Nioh2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh2 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:44 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Nioh 2's combat is a lot of fun once you get some abilities and Yokai moves, as you basically have infinite ki that way and it's more about positioning than meter-management which is great. Also Phantom Form is basically Royal Guard which is really fun!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum