You are not connected. Please login or register

Unlocking Very Hard Mode in Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gogandantess100

D-Rank

I didn't know if this the correct place to put this. I also didn't know if it was worthy of its own topic. But my questions are as follows:

So, I know in sigma that if you beat Doku in chapter 2 that it unlocked the next difficulty as such: Normal-Mission mode, Hard-Very Hard, Very Hard-Master Ninja, Master Ninja-Style Points lol. Does that carry over into NGS+? If so how do you trigger it? I am asking because I just beat doku in chapter 2 on Hard and it didn't unlock very hard. I don't know if I need to do anything further, or is it because I skipped the cutscenes? As much as I love NG1 I would like to minimize my playthroughs as I am going for the Plat trophy.

A different question as well, while I am at it. I know the difficulty trophies stack, hence why I want to just jump to mnm, but do the trophies for get the master ninja rank on every chapter also stack? So if I just do it on mnm I will get the trophies for doing it on normal, hard and very hard? I would like to think they do since they stack for beating it... It would suck to get through it on Master Ninja then have to go backwards lol.

Thanks to anyone who is able to assist me.

Gouf

Gouf
D-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

This is the Vita version, right? It's been a while since I got the platinum for this one, but the difficulty skipping with Doku should work the same way as Sigma from what I've heard. I played through all the difficulties and unlocked them legitimately when I was playing this so I can't really say if it's finicky in this version or not, but it should function the same from what I've heard from others.

And yes, the Master Ninja rank trophies stack.

gogandantess100

D-Rank

Gouf wrote:This is the Vita version, right? It's been a while since I got the platinum for this one, but the difficulty skipping with Doku should work the same way as Sigma from what I've heard. I played through all the difficulties and unlocked them legitimately when I was playing this so I can't really say if it's finicky in this version or not, but it should function the same from what I've heard from others.

And yes, the Master Ninja rank trophies stack.

Yes, it is the vita version of the game. I thought the difficulty skipping would work as well. The trophy guide I am following even says to beat Doku in Chapter 2 to skip to Very Hard. But, I just beat him a second time and didn't get any indication that Very Hard was unlocked nor was very hard an option when I exited after beating him and tried starting a new game. This time I let every cutscene and scenario play out just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I don't know if it is a bug, I am doing something wrong, or it is just not in this version of the game.

Also, great to hear that those rank trophies stack. Thanks a lot!

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

First off, welcome to Stinger Gogandantess! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Regarding Sigma Plus, it should work. Normal should unlock mission mode iirc, and the higher modes the higher modes. I haven't played Sigma Plus in a long time though so I admit to having a hazy memory. How you finding this version so far?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

gogandantess100

D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:First off, welcome to Stinger Gogandantess! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Regarding Sigma Plus, it should work. Normal should unlock mission mode iirc, and the higher modes the higher modes. I haven't played Sigma Plus in a long time though so I admit to having a hazy memory. How you finding this version so far?

Thank you for the warm welcome.

The version is fine, little harder then other versions imo. That is solely because of the lag that comes with the port. It isn't as bad as it could be but it is definitely noticeable.

Also, in regards to beating doku in chapter 2, I have done it another 2 times on hard and haven't unlocked very hard. From everything I have seen, it should work but it just isn't happening for me unfortunately.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum