So as always I'm making some plans for what I want to put into the site this year, and the list is as follows:
- A small surprise: this one will take some work but it is nearly done. I hope to launch this new feature around march.
- Referal program: going to aim for a small partnership with certain companies to offer the games I refer at a discount on that site, or at least get a good referal link going. So for instance the "stinger, a storied history" article will get a referall to the Dante statue, or the NG3 article to the an Amazon page. Proceeds I get from these go to paying my editors and...
- Translations: the site is now set up for this. I am going to aim to at least offer Chinese (Traditional), Russian and in the future Japanese. I'm still looking for translators that offer a decent price that I can afford without it going out of hand.
- Rebuild or remove the dictionary: The dictionary is pretty much a barren wasteland right now, but I do like its idea since the genre and its games have so many weird terms. What do you guys think? Should this feature be expanded or removed?
- Remake the videobanner: it is currently a quickly chopped together banner at a wrong resolution that loads through Youtube. If it doesn't load it actually shows a really, really vague image of a half naked Christie and Tina from DOA haha.
- Update older article: I've been working on this for the last few years, but I want to make it my focus this year after finishing the NG3:RE article. A lot of the articles are still un-updated after the Blogspot transfer, and others are just plain lacking in quality I feel.
Generally speaking, is there a feature you guys would like for the site or forum? Or are any of the above pointless or a waste of time etc. Let me know, appreciate any input that can be given.
One thing I still want in the far, far future, is this general compendium of every action game. Like this page where there's a single image, a short description, who it is for, what systems it is available on and a link to a good video display. But that would take so much work haha. It would kill me. Would be cool though.