Gregorinho
hedfone
Nadster
Infinity_Divide
Royta/Raeng
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:35 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Also, quick thing:

PLEASE stop doing that "Double-tap dodge to roll" thing, game devs. Sometimes, I just want to dodge past a few attacks in quick succession, and I can't, because if I tap twice, I do a really slow roll, and can't recover in time. Also, certain enemy projectiles are traveling through walls.

AC Odyssey is super mediocre, but that game had the right idea in just having you hold it down, so you can do a bunch of quick dodges in quick succession.

52Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:51 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Okay, so I got stuck at a jump I couldn't pass in Dathomir.

That's when I realized I was meant to go to Zeffo first... And that would explain a lot, because the difficulty spike from Bogano to there was absolutely fucking insane.

Now, I'm exploring some mines/caves with a ceiling of ice that's definitely gonna shatter. Goddamn, each level is huge. Would love to see levels like this in a Ninja Gaiden game! And I really have to say, that the level design in this game is the best I've ever seen in any Souls-esque game, from The Surge 2, Nioh, Darksiders 3, and Code Vein. In terms of level design, I'd rank them something like: Fallen Order > Darksiders 3 = The Surge 2 > Nioh > Code Vein. GOTY nominee for sure. Up for grabs this year with DMC5, Sekiro, The Surge 2, and this.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying that Fallen Order's level design is about on-par with the Souls and Bloodborne series.

How many levels are there @hedfone? And are they around the same size as this one?

53Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:35 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

There are 3 main planets, the tutorial planet, and a smaller story related planet. I think I am almost done, so i assume that is it.

When you finish the Zeffo's dungeon and get it's power, you will think you have the planet figured out. When you come back with more powers the planet almost doubles, I have felt very satisfied with the levels in this game. It has been a long time since I have felt so much reward from just learning the areas and exploring. It is easily FO's best aspect. I am really enjoying the story too. I found out Chris Avellone worked on it and you can really tell. I love his work in PREY and Fallout: New Vegas/2.

The combat is easily the weakest part. I went to Dathomir first and immideiatly left because on Grand Master it was just too annoying. Did you get the early upgrade on Dathomir? If you made it to the stranger it is right around the corner as a reward for doing it early.

The combat is so janky and shouldn't be taken too seriously. Even on Grand Master it is super forgiving, so it rarely became frustrating when the jank kicked in. It gets the job done and you have some fun toys by the end.

With some patches though this game would be amazing. Needed more oven time bad. If you try that jump on Dathomir enough you can glitch past it, then you can't go back to your ship, or move forward since you are missing powers. Ruining your save.
I have been stuck in walls, fallen through floors, etc. The game was so clearly rushed for the movie it is laughable. Apparently the console versions can freeze for 7 seconds to load while running around, jesus christ.

Great bosses, not one I didn't like. I would have never expected a western studio to be able to handle a room filling boss in a souls like, but they totally did.

Make sure we tag spoilers, I would hate for future players to get something ruined. There are some genuinely crazy and surprising shit if you are a Star Wars fan.

54Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:14 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

I still don't get the point of the whole "Hit enemies to get your stuff back" thing. It's like they went halfway between Souls, and not Souls, and couldn't decide. Just commit to something. Either have a punishing Souls-style system, or don't.

And yes, I did get... "It" on Dathomir.
Spoiler:
. Haven't found much use for it though, I don't see how it's that helpful for crowd control.

The range of the lightsaber feels so short, I whiff constantly. Not sure why, but I think it has something to do with the animation.

Not a fan of how the game zooms in when locking-on.

The glitches are super annoying, yeah. Cal also has a terrible habit of just grabbing something, and falling off immediately.

Game also has the really weird, what I like to call, "Carthus Curve" Where the main level is far harder than the bosses. The bosses so far have all been really easy.

Delay Thrust is totally busted. Huge chunks off Purge Trooper health bars, and they rarely seem to be able to block it.

Still wish we could use wallrunning in combat, because so far, this is by far the most context-sensitive wallrun I've ever used. Even more than Darksiders 2, and Prince of Persia.

55Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:50 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Added a spoiler tag, I don't mind it so much but I can imagine some people would considering the name you wrote haha!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

56Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:18 am

RedShot

B-Rank

I've tried it and it's not terrible. On my PC (not a monster) is pretty stable, but some patches should eliminate the stutter when you enter a new area. Combat-wise is just decent, exploration is good, especially if you like puzzles and collectibles. I wasn't having fun so I decided to drop it after Zeffo.

57Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:12 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Haven't found much use for it though

When you are fighting like 8 dudes at once plus three giant spiders, it becomes useful. You can just play unlocked and swing wide to keep everyone staggered until you need to parry. It has a good upgraded special too. Also, the game never tells you, but it can deflect continuous blaster bolts when you hold the button down. You can deflect the minigun guy's entire clip back at him and kill him.

>I decided to drop it after Zeffo

It's a shame they wait so long to give you your powers. The game doesn't really get good for another 7 or so hours after Zeffo, so I don't blame you.

58Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:20 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Finished the game today. Had a blast throughout despite the issues. The final level is a linear nonstop action sequence, that was my favorite part of the game. Almost starts to feel a bit like TFU at that point.
Final boss was only hard learning when they didn't have super armor. Decent ending as well.

Unless you are a super fan I would wait for a sale or patches. But this is probably one of my favorite new releases I played this year, though there aren't many.

Any questions, let me know.

About to play Titanfall 2 while I have Ea Premier, hope to be surprised. I had previously wrote it off as a cod clone.

59Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:59 am

Hicho9

Hicho9
D-Rank

Picked this up at launch and hugely enjoying it.  It is not perfect by any means, but it hits a sweet spot of surprisingly good combat, great art direction/production value, exploration that holds your attention and a decent story.  I am a big Star Wars fan but never got into the games much before.  This is some of the best Star Wars content of any media in a long time.

Shocking opinion....the more I play the more I find the combat is actually more nuanced/deep than I first thought and I am actually enjoying it more than Sekiro combat.  Is it as polished as Sekiro, no, and the combat is certainly not top tier Team Ninja quality....but it is genuinely fun and well done, and you can tell designed by someone who knows action games. Some rough edges/jank but nothing too problematic imo.

I'd recommend the game!  Perfect timing for it for me as not much out there to play while waiting for Nioh 2.  I've just been doing more NG2 and NG3RE replaying on X1X, with some Warframe mixed in.

60Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:52 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Hey Hicho, welcome back!

A lot of people were pretty lukewarm about Sekiro with the exception of a few players, so there's no surprise you liking Fallen Order more, not at all! Which other Star Wars games have you played up until now?

61Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:55 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I second better than Sekiro. That game had such potential for me, but the combat bored me to tears after the first big areas, and all of the grinding from deaths without the RPG elements was just a waste of my damn time.
FO makes the death penalty almost non existent, and the levels are so well designed, IMO it flows much better as an action game.

62Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:00 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I just played this game for a bit with a friend, got to the sith-world (early though) and had some fun with it. I mostly enjoyed it, but I have to say the low frame-rate and what seemed like unresponsive controls really axed it for me at times. Lots of "I swear I blocked" moments and overly animated attacks being a killer for me. Not sure if it is a title I'd purchase.

63Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:11 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

You mentioned overanimated attacks, and I agree. Not to mention that it really feels like the reach of this thing is way shorter than it should be. I cannot tell you how many times I tried to hit someone, only to totally whiff.

64Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:34 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I had the exact same feeling, no joke. Range seems off visually.

My buddy actually filmed it, though it is bad quality. Gotta give him credit to the thumbnails though:

It is in Dutch though mostly, but hey, always fun to see derping.

65Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:23 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Saw the first video on twitter. That was mostly my experience the first time I walked onto Dathomir as well...

Not to mention that I didn't realize you weren't meant to go to Dathomir immediately, so I was baffled at the insane difficulty spike.

Watching that second video, and Jesus Christ, that is exactly what happened to me as well when trying to platform on those walls.

66Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:34 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The platforming in this game is so weird, I like the idea of using L2 to clamp on, and that unlike most AAA games it does allow you to jump through some things or during things, like balancing on pipes, which speeds shit up. But then that happens and I think "Stig, come on. You made GoWIII, what happened? Where did the suits touch you"?

67Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:42 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

9 years can really change a person.

68Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:09 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

As you realized you can just parry and insta kill. Later you can fight like 3 of those at once. They shouldn't even let you go to Dathomir early, there's nothing to do and it is no fun without upgrades.
If you are playing on console, I wouldn't recommend it. This game is janky enough, not being locked at 60 IMO is unplayable for this. The back half of this game is when it really shines, when you have all of the powers. It's probably my favorite action game this year. Though I agree it does have problems, no game is perfect anymore sadly.
Also only paid $15 dollars to play this on PC. I wasted $60 dollars on DMC and Sekiro which ended up being huge disappointments.

69Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:24 pm

Hicho9

Hicho9
D-Rank

Fully agree with Hedfone here... Definitely recommend giving the game a chance and not judging it based off of early game play/the first few hours. It took me a little while to warm to the game as well and get used to the movement and combat—but then you unlock some great skills and force powers that start to make things really engaging. The game is still quite janky at times but nothing really bad. It indeed must be played at 60 FPS....performance mode on my X1X has been great.

70Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:56 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

How does it perform on the X1X? I have that system, and if I play it it will be on that system. Solid 60? Or still wavering?

71Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:29 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Don't know if it has been patched since this video. 14:30 of the video for performance mode.

72Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:13 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Honestly, if I were to play it I would probably go for the 30fps mode, at least that one seems stable. 60fps is great and all, unless it constantly sinks to 40.

73Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:41 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Been playing this to kill some time until the upcoming rush of games, surprisingly good stuff so far. Started on Jedi Master(so I guess Hard) and it’s fun exploiting weaknesses and setting up ringouts. Getting a good amount of mileage out of all the moves too.

I will say, with the older I get, and the less time I have to play games, I am really hating the exploration side of the game. The backtracking and fumbling with the map is really grating to me. I’ve always thought it was a negative that action games were just sets of arenas but I almost wish this game had a little more of that.

To anyone who’s played it, is it just the four planets? Trying to figure out how far I am. Just got to Zeffo for the second time.

74Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:52 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I sometimes really do feel like we're clones from different parts of the world. I feel the exact same way, and it isn't just with new games, but with any game that is new for me. I've felt it with Haunting Grounds but also with Tales of Vesperia which I tried to pick up.

A lot of the exploration just isn't new to me and feels more like wasting my time than giving an experience I haven't had before a million times over.

75Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:07 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>clones

Wouldn’t rule it out! Haha.

>feels more like wasting my time than giving an experience I haven’t had before

Yeah there are only so many times I can play a game where “x path leads back to y, only to have to keep backtracking” before I just say enough and want to get back to core gameplay. It’s different in a game like RE due to the inventory management and tight space imo, but in a lot of other games(including this one) it just feels like padding. I’ve loved the times when I get to a string of fights so far but it’s few and far between, usually I just find a few enemies scattered between “platforming” and backtracking.

76Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:53 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah in those cases it plays more into the actual gameplay itself i.e. resource management. I don't mind little side-ventures like in Ninja Gaiden for other resources either or hidden fights. Or even what DMC1 does. But walking and flying and loading constantly just to get to the next piece of gameplay can get me tired really fast. Witcher 3 doesn't have this for me though, though probably because you can always find something weird and funny along the way.

77Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:34 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Finished it. Ended up really enjoying this one, last act of the game really kicked things into gear and the combat really started to shine. The moveset is really solid and making quick work of the enemies with powers is fun as hell. It’s a shame I can’t skip these cutscenes on a second play through though.

78Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:05 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

What is it with God of War related games and unskippable cutscenes? Shame. Good to hear you ended up enjoying the game. What would you say the stand-out feature was?

79Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:33 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Picked this game up since it's on GamePass, pretty fun so far. The combat is nothing to write home about, basic parry>kill stuff but it's fun and reflecting shots to stormtroopers honestly never gets old haha. Was surprised by the amount of backtracking and exploration in here.

My biggest and honestly only real gripe is the main character, I'm never a fan of 'an actor used in games', and it's once again so here. I was playing the game and my wife asked if it was Star Trek (she gets them confused), I said "yes it's star wars". To which she replied "He does not look like a jedi". That's why I love her haha

80Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:28 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think I'm nearing to the end. One of the most....meh games I've played in a while. So far I haven't really connected to anything. The story is a garbelled mess I feel, and it really has the issue with having so many superior progenitors. I think if someone never played a game, and then played this, they'd love it. But for someone who's been gaming for a while, there's really nothing too outstanding here.

The platforming plays itself and allows for zero creativity. The combat is way too parry heavy (OHKO basically). Force Powers are pretty barren and uninteresting. The plot goes nowhere and even misses typical tropes (i.e. introducing the clone-troopers earlier in the flashbacks, instead they now only show up a second before they start blasting), while having the most cardboard children portraying adults I've seen in recent memory. Bleh hahaha.
I'll be glad when it's done.

BD-8 is a cool droid though.

81Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:42 am

HotPocketHPE

HotPocketHPE
C-Rank

> But for someone who's been gaming for a while, there's really nothing too outstanding here.
I played this a while ago using a borrowed friend's account and these were basically my thoughts. Definitely glad I didn't spend money on it.

82Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:29 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Finished the game yesterday, it has some fun moments but overall fell very flat for me. Definitely not a fan and honestly don't recommend the title at all. Skip it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum