You are not connected. Please login or register

Nier: Automata Mechanics/Combo videos and tutorials

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Morninglord22 has a goldmine of content.

Combat mechanics.

9S specific mechanics.

Combo video by donguri990.

There are tons of tech and combo videos out there but I'm going to stop here for now.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I've been practicing this technique.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That last one sounds really handy, great retreating move to add to your repatoire! Good stuff man!
Though I have to say that nearly 2 hour video was a bit much for me haha!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah and it was sort of advanced stuff but you still get the idea. Probably better for those who have a decent grasp of the system though.

Doing that dash attack in the air is hard af. Ground version is easy for some reason.

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

I saw a fair bit of glitching techniques from my fellow vets of GoW and combo mad nonsense, but little else of note. Only light dabbing in the demo as far as hands-on goes for me. Think I saw some speedruns, too. A few fights in challenge conditions, but not a proper run. Had discussed the title a bit with SBK (things like wish 2E had assassin specific abilities *stealth, sniping, traps, etc.*, better hacking *wide range of things for this* and support from 9S *buffs, heals, familiars, etc.* so they can better stand-out when compared to 2A with her berserker antics *though even that leaves a little to be desired*). If the shota is going to be a bitch babby, he may as well see his melee nerfed in various ways while emphasizing resourcefulness. More a gun type of fellow, I'd say. Get such drops from appropriate foes (like Angel Arms in Bayonetta) aside from having them as his weapons. Could even learn some of the magic that powers the shit the helper bots use. 2A could stand to get pick-ups, but of the melee sort. I'd have to think more on what other sorts of things I'd want. She doesn't see the nature sort, so using animals against the machines is probably not going to happen (more than already is in the game). Only 9S strikes me as one with summoner potential. Not sure if matches her flavor, but grappling (if of the takedown, joint breaking to cripple, etc.) variety could serve 2E.

Would be real nice if this game had a movelist.

I'm thinking of playing this game again, but I found the story super underwhelming when I played through. All the way to ending E, mind you.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I love how googling "Nier Automata Movelist" immediately gave me ads for butt-shaped mousepads of the protagonist's ass. I found this though: https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comments/5xthke/combat_tips_and_tricks/

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

>but I found the story super underwhelming when I played through. All the way to ending E, mind you.
It's babby's first attempt at a "deep" story that involves your most common teen tropes such as "humanity r evil", "tragedy for the sake of tragedy", and other degenerate stuff. Just be thankful SE wanted this game to actually sell well and told him to dial back on his autism or it could be even worse with him filling the whole cast with degenerated characters whose purpose is just there to shock and incite others to talk about "muh taboos".

GMG:

>Characters having more unique abilities defining their gameplay.
If there's one thing that I've yet to see in my life is one Yoko Taro game with proper depth, guy hasn't really made any real good games on his own and his involvement with P* just seems to detract from the quality of the game they could have produced on their own(keeping in mind that the same team moved on to deliver something like Astral Chain without Taro) by having the focus be shifted onto stuff that doesn't really matter on HnS games like plot(but still gets well received by illiterate JRPG fans) and then meme stuff like "muh 26 endings" or as Raeng noted: Butts.

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I came across the below site a while ago, had some cool notes on tech that I didn't know about:

https://sites.google.com/site/darkwavestyle/games-research/nier-automata

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

^the owner of that site actually lives in my country, and has an account here. But we haven't talked in ages: https://stinger.actieforum.com/u3
Good lad!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum