You are not connected. Please login or register

One Piece Odyssey

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1One Piece Odyssey Empty One Piece Odyssey Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:00 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Just going to dump all the info I currently have.

It's turn based. I'm not sure what determines turn order yet. You can see which enemy is going next but not your own party members it seems. On your turn you can select anyone though. I've seen some weird stuff like a character getting two turns in a row. No idea why yet.

Positioning is weird. When battle starts you are randomly split up. Sometimes you'll have 3 characters together and one far away. Or groups of two. If you have say, Luffy alone vs 3 bandits, and your three others engaged with another group, you can't move to help Luffy unless you defeat the enemies in front of you, though you get a way to do this later.

You can have a character at range not facing any enemy. This is good for someone like Usopp as his basic attack is a projectile. Though every character has short and long range special attacks

In the above situation with a character alone facing a group, you can still assist with their ranged attacks.

Once you unlocked Bond Attacks (team supers) if you have the meter you can jump to another group on your turn without having to defeat whatever is infront of you.

There are some basic options for positioning in the menu. But seems you can only set one at a time. Like you can choose one that always positions Usopp at a distance, or Luffy and Zoro with strong enemies.

Enemies appear in the map. Running into them from behind gives you an advantage in battle of first hit being critical or something. Enemies can do the same to you.

Attacks are similar to Fire Emblem's weapon triangle. Each character and enemy can be either Speed, Power or Technique. I think it's Speed beats Technique, Technique beats Power and Power beats Speed.

This just means you do way more damage if you are of the type strong against the other. Same goes for the damage you take. You can switch out party members in battle to suit the situation.

There is knockback and knock away. I think knockback is just a critical hit. This makes the enemy go flying into another, damaging both. Knock away is a property on certain moves and it knocks the enemy into another group entirely.

Will make another post soon.

2One Piece Odyssey Empty Re: One Piece Odyssey Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:40 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Everyone has special moves. They use TP which basically just MP. When at max TP you get a buff where all your stats go up.

Sometimes during battle random special conditions can appear like other enemies jumping in, or an enemy powering up an attack, or defeat the enemy with a certain character. You get bonus exp or items for these.

There are status effects.

>burn
Lowers atk and does damage each turn.

>faint
They can't act.

>paralysis
Seems to be the same as faint.

>bleed
Seems to be the same as burn.

>blind
Lowers accuracy.

There is also freeze, poison, charm, and confuse but I don't have anything that inflicts these yet.

You can craft Trick Balls. These are items that so far inflict debuffs and ailments. You use them like you would a regular item. These have saved my life a few times now.

Accessories are like Tetris blocks you can fit into a grid for each character. You can fuse them but I haven't delved much into that yet.

As for outside of combat, areas are pretty big. Looks and feels like DQ11. Each character has a field skill, some of which allow you to access new areas. Like Luffy can grab these grapple points and pull himself up to higher areas, Zero can slice apart metal doors, Chopper can fit through small spaces.

Grinding to win is possible but I haven't been doing it. The fight with Crocodile was NASTY. I had to really use my debuff items and heals to survive.

That's all for now.

3One Piece Odyssey Empty Re: One Piece Odyssey Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:30 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Nami has a move that attempts inflict Blind and Confusion on all enemies. They can each be hit by one or both. Surprisingly, hitting a confused enemy doesn't cancel the state. But sometimes an enemy will snap out of it immediately. I don't know what this is based on.

I'm kind of annoyed you can't skip your turn. There's no defend option. What this means is if you use a close range attack from a distance and your area is clear, the character will jump over to that group. If you have no ranged attacks you'd have to use an item or some other non-attack skill to stay where you are. What a waste.

I'm thinking of a challenge run not using special moves, just normal attacks and items. Thought of this because of how at max TP you get a huge buff. Not huge enough to beat special moves but the buff boosts all stats too.

4One Piece Odyssey Empty Re: One Piece Odyssey Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:11 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

The stat buff at max TP doesn't always happen. Might be once a fight. Or just random.

I've got a guy who can hit all enemies with Sleep. Works most of the time. Doesn't always hit every enemy but so far quite reliable.

I managed to beat the game without grinding. All my characters were around level 40. Each boss was a solid fight. Some pretty tough. Had to make lots of healing and buff foods and debuff Trick Balls.

The weapon triangle thing can really destroy you on bosses. One fight Luffy and Zoro are super tough, the next they're getting almost one shotted by the attack type they're weak against.

Some accessories have obscene stats. Got some that give over 1000 atk. And you can fuse them together and wind up with one accessory taking up very little space but with 4 slots filled with huge stat numbers. And then have every space filled with stuff like this. I decided to not fuse at all in this run. Just equipped base stuff.

Post game allows free roam. I barely touched sidequests as I figured many would force fights meaning more levels.

Challenge fights have opened up. In each region you'll find a campaign boss but powered up. Game informed me that they get stronger the more you fight them which could be interesting. Ni no Kuni 2 did this with those 4 giant bosses but I barely touched those. Dropped the game because the combat sucked.

I beat these bosses in OP once each today. Will try repeats tomorrow and see if I can figure out how strong they get.

5One Piece Odyssey Empty Re: One Piece Odyssey Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:31 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>The stat buff at max TP doesn't always happen.
I think it's just when you don't have max TP then you get it max, but not from items. You get TP from using your basic attack. Not sure if it can be done multiple times per fight either.

Fought some of the bosses a second time. Smoker (first one) got a huge boost. Rearranged some accessories and managed to beat him. Then I found out he can be frozen. So can the others I've fought. Couldn't believe it. It trivialized the fight.

Freeze is basically Stop plus poison. He was taking over 10000 damage on his turn. With Zoro who is strong against Power types, with an attack AND critical buff could just hit 10000 when using his strongest move.

Crocodile was still pretty tough because he has these two tornados of sand helping him. Managed to keep them distracted and beat Crocodile while he was frozen.

With unfused accessories these fights require a bit of figuring out.

6One Piece Odyssey Empty Re: One Piece Odyssey Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:32 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Got the DLC.

It can only be accessed after the main campaign so it can't be entered at low level.

I've only played it for about two hours now, but looks like there are no regular enemies around or treasure. Just story segments and some running around to objective markers resulting in fights.

The fights have special conditions. One was with a captain and his soldiers. Every soldier you beat powers up the captain. So you can try suppress the soldiers with status effects and go for the boss, or kill the soldiers and deal with the power up which I did. Wasn't that bad. Looks like every fight has something like this. That's cool but the game shows you what to do and tells you all the weaknesses.

The boss characters have this black cube that pops out and charges up. You need to destroy it within a certain amount of turns or the boss will do a big attack. So far these bosses are far weaker than the challenge ones in the main game.

The fights have recommended levels now so even if new game were possible it wouldn't be possible to survive.

Still not fusing accessories. Will mess with that on my other file. Just want to see how far I can get without them or purposely leveling up.

7One Piece Odyssey Empty Re: One Piece Odyssey Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:03 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

The DLC was complete shit.

Whoever designed it has something wrong with them. It plays like a visual novel. Mostly text boxes and cutscenes interspersed with fights. There are no normal encounters, just scripted fights.

The design issue is more that it gives you control, you run three steps and straight into another scene. It does this constantly. Pissed me off.

The fights spell out exactly what the enemy/boss does, their strengths/weaknesses. Gives a mini walkthrough every time. No thinking allowed.

No regular mobs, no new areas, and the everything is easier than the challenge bosses in the main game.

The DLC bosses are shit. The black cube gimmick sucks. It pops out way too often and you have to go through it to hit the boss again. I wasn't grinding or using accessory fusion so stuff was slower though. But the alternative is to do the opposite and get so strong you'll probably one shot them.

Think I'm done. Combat is decent but not much variety.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum