You are not connected. Please login or register

Like a Dragon: Ishin

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Like a Dragon: Ishin Empty Like a Dragon: Ishin Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:29 pm

CaptainBumout

D-Rank

So I started this game on Ishin difficulty and noticed no one is discussing playing it on ishin from the start, or discussing advanced mechanics at all.
One of he craziest thing ishin does is reduce the healing amount of items by like 60%. So inventory upgrades and staying stocked is key.
The damage enemies do isn't that much more but there seems to be some sort of critical damage enemies can do, possibly a counter hit system. I am not sure what causes it, but sometimes normal sword mooks can hit for like 1k with a single move. Not sure if this is ishin exclusive. I tested some legend and couldn't get anyone to do more than about 150 damage.
The chicken race glitch makes things much easier. You can get the golden gun and you can stay stocked up on fire rounds.
The gunman style is your safest bet generally.
Triangle/Y knocks down most bosses then just unload with normal shots.
You can get the tiger drop pretty quickly if you focus on komaki.
There are enemies who can break out of the brawler parry too. The animation they use is the same komaki knockback move some bosses use.
Not sure if this is ishin exclusive either.
Speaking of parry the war cry length seems to last longer the better your parry timing is.
If anyone else is doing new game ishin and has tips share them here.

2Like a Dragon: Ishin Empty Re: Like a Dragon: Ishin Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:47 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

I'm gonna save my Ishin playthrough for NG+ because I know I'll be replaying this incredible game. I started my new game on Legend and bosses really hit hard, mob fights are still easy though. I'm really loving the combat, espeically the physics and hit feedback/detection and the reaction from the enemies.

Parrying feels great with brawler, crowd control is awesome with wild dancer but my fave has to be swordsman. Great for 1v1's and bosses in general.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum