You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:33 am

Birdman

This came out recently and I just started a new file. Going with a Sorcerer main and Strider pawn.

On PS3 I had a Ranger main and Fighter pawn. Wanted to try out a magic user as they still use range and kiting.

My Strider pawn will serve the same purpose as the Fighter which is to draw enemy aggro while I cast spells.

If you care about Japanese audio, go to Playasia and buy the Asia version. The western versions dont have them for some reason. The Asia release is fully in English.

View user profile

2 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:33 am

I got this in 2014 I think, I played as a strider and a warrior for a bit but I lost interest as i got confused where I was supposed to go with the big open map that was blank until discovered and I kept getting killed by a chimera in the woods or something else. I beat a goblin stronghold or something I don't think i was too far in. Cool game, I like the classes since they each have their own uses and move sets, the climbing on large monsters is really cool and epic.

View user profile

3 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:05 am

Birdman

Eh? It makes no effort to hide where you're supposed to go. Exploring can get you killed, though for me I can still deal with whatever at a low level. Getting jumped by a chimera was one of the first things that happened to me in this game and one of the highlights.

I love this game so much. The world is open but not too gigantic. The classes offer tons of replay value. You will get quite strong eventually especially if you build you character certain ways, but I never do this. I prefer to use the same class and not change for different stat boosts.

For example, when I played a Ranger, they get the most stamina per level. So by Lv200 I had a lot, but very low defense. In Bitterblack Isle a lot of things could kill me instantly or close to it. I would play by sniping, and having my Fighter pawn draw enemies while I picked them off. I would always be looking for higher positions and moving around.

The issue was neither of us had magic attack so spirit enemies couldn't be harmed by us, but that was solved by using magical items, or hiring a Sorcerer pawn from a friend.

Playing as a Sorcerer is similar, only they have no dodge roll with insane i-frames like the Ranger. You can cancel casting of basic magic shots by jumping which is super useful, and from jump you can levitate which lets you float around a bit. Positioning is super important.

I believe in preserving the class and dealing with their weaknesses. It just isn't very interesting for me, to switch vocations and gain stats that negate the weaknesses.

View user profile

4 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:24 am

Getting lost was totally on me, it was me getting lost and other things also. Could you explain the world traversal? I recall in arisen version they added fast travel items, or more of them, I set one once.

View user profile

5 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:33 pm

Birdman

At first you can only travel by foot. Once you reach the capital you learn about ferrystones. These can warp you to port crystal. There are a some already set up permanently, but you can get more and set them wherever you want on the map (though not indoors). Also, there's a limited amount you can set at a time, like 5 I think.

Dark Arisen has the eternal ferrystone, which as the name suggests, never runs out. Regular ones were one use only. Originally, on PS3, you could only get this item if you started DA with a save from DD, but in the PS4 version it's included.

The places you need to go are marked on the map or you're told the direction.

View user profile

6 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:03 pm

How is the rpg stuff? Like equipment and levelling?

View user profile

7 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Birdman

Equipment can be upgraded with materials. There are 3 levels represented by stars. Then there's something called Dragon Forge which is a level above 3 stars. You get this by defeating dragonkin and type of dragon has a percentage to DF. You can bypass the 3 star levels with DF.

Dark Arisen introduced two more levels. Gold and silver forging which can only be applied to dragon forged equipment. You just need more materials for these, many being Bitterblack Isle only and rare.

I'll get back to you on leveling. Have to work now.

View user profile

8 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Birdman

You level up simply by gaining exp from either killing enemies or completing quests.

Each class has different stat growth per level. You can switch classes to build your character if you want. I hate this system. It forces you to play as a class you might not like. I tend to leave the classes as they are rather than changing to level a stat the class is weak in. Just defeats the purpose of having classes to me.

View user profile

9 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:55 am

I played strider and warrior, was fun I'll have to pick this up again. How's the frame rate? I've read its solid 30fps, it should be 60 given the hardware, seems like pretty lazy port.

View user profile

10 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:53 am

Birdman

30 I guess. I don't really notice stuff like this. PC is 60 I think so if that stuff bothers you, it's the optimal version.

Here's the stat growth chart.
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

View user profile

11 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:46 am

It's better than the last gen release, I'll take it but they should have it run 60, unless there's some bad voodoo with the engine.

View user profile

12 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:54 am

The PS4 version is 30fps, probably due to the code otherwise giving issues.

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

13 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:33 am

Any need for grinding?

View user profile

14 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:52 am

Birdman

You could probably beat the main story easily, but if you want to take on BBI you'll need to level up more.

View user profile

15 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:23 am

Is that difficult or time consuming at all?

View user profile

16 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:31 am

Birdman

What do you want to do? Beat the story or do everything? BBI is an optional side story (originally DLC) that will require a bit of time to complete unless you use exploits and OP builds or techniques.

View user profile

17 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 am

Main game and BBI.

View user profile

18 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:05 am

Birdman

I only know how I played it, with a ranger main and fighter pawn so I don't know how other classes will do.

You're better off asking on the boards. The gamefaqs community is super helpful. I didn't even bother using OP tactics until way after I'd finished BBI.

View user profile

19 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:43 am

How does the ranger play then? That's the shield one, I know the assassin class is a hybrid of the ranger and strider.

View user profile

20 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:47 am

Birdman

Ranger has a longbow that has more power and range than the strider's shortbow, but slower rate of fire. It has tenfold shot which is ridiculously good. Also uses daggers and dodge roll.

Assassin has the highest attack gains per level and can learn a few half-assed versions of moves from other classes, but has it's own stuff too. Can't use magic though.

The shield one you are referring to is either the fighter or mystic knight.

View user profile

21 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:54 am

I've seen the assassin can use a shield, fighter must be the one. I had a midget pawn be a wizard, never shutted the fuck up, I've seen you can actually tell them to be quite, nice touch.

View user profile

22 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:31 am

Birdman

Yeah assassin is a mix of a few classes. They can use swords, shields, daggers and shortbows.

If you buy on PS4 get the Asia version. It has the Japanese voices as well as full English everything. These were present in the PS3 version but removed in the īwestern release of the PS4 versions for reasons unknown.

They ramble just as much but at least if you do want to have them on, you have the option of changing them up now and then.

View user profile

23 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:41 am

How's the enemy roster? Seemed pretty good, a fair amount of regular enemy variants which is nice. The chimera was really cool, how you can kill each head as they all have abilities unique to that head, I give bonus points for the goat head which has magic, Satan would be proud.

View user profile

24 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Birdman

Many enemies are advanced version of regular ones, but they get new attacks and behaviors essentially making them completely different. As usual, no one stops to analyze what they can do. It's all visual these days.

There's a complaint I've heard that the game lacks variety and you fight goblins too much. Well, those goblins come in quite a few types. You have ones with shields or horns that can call for reinforcements and power up its fellows. You have greater goblins which can organize others, and in general they can throw rocks, flaming torches, or oil flasks to inflict various status effects. Killing a greater goblin leader causes the others to disperse.

The chimera is a great enemy. Lot of stuff going on.

The goat can heal other parts, the snake can spew poison, or even grab you when you're climbing to go after the goat. It even has this weird attack where it grabs you and holds you up for the goat which does something like spit on you and inflicts some status I don't remember. The snake can throw you in front of the lion too, like a team attack.

The lion has a ton of physical moves, though unless you play a close range melee class you'll probably never see them. It can also roar and create a shockwave to throw of climbers. If you leave it until last it goes crazy.

Depending on how you want to fight with it, you can attack the part the pisses you off the most. I get rid of the snake asap (which is why I haven't often seen its grab) then go after the goat. Sometimes I'll opt for the goat first. The the lion can just go nuts on the pawns. I'm usually a ranger or sorcerer standing somewhere higher blasting it with everything I have.

That's just what it can do to you. I haven't even gone into the effects you can apply to it with status stuff. Sadly, the higher level you get in this game, the less you will see of this cool stuff, and fights will be over in a few seconds.

View user profile

25 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Just got this, would you recommend that I play on normal or hard for new game?

View user profile

26 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:26 am

Birdman

Hard to say. I go hard mode as you get more exp and money, but the can be tough until you get a few levels.

Enemies may one or two shot you early on, and stamina usage is higher.

You can save anywhere outside of battle though. It's up to you. I know you can change difficulty mid game but I'm not sure if it's a one time change.

View user profile

27 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:31 pm

So I've been playing this for about 3 days, playing on normal as a Strider, my main lawn is a midget wizard, super useful that guy. But boy do those pawns keep talking, like dood shut the fuck up about the scenery we've passed at least 2 dozen times now. Where's the place to make them talk less? I've see that's a thing.

As a strider it's really cool, fast daggers guy with double jumps, dodge roll and helm splitters. The bow abilities are useful too for ranged offence. The roll is faster than walking so I roll in between sprinting. One skill is just animation cancels, but that takes up a skill slot.

I appreciate how all the different play styles are equally valid, especially by having other party members cover for your faults by being another class. Also love how the warrior has a launcher move that literally launches you at an enemy. I might play as a warrior but I prefer the mobility and ranged options that the strider has.

I like how cyclops and ogres melt away like the latest and greatest Resi B.O.W. I progressed a bit in the main game and now there's a fucken griffon just ravaging npcs and enemies right outside grand soren. Haven't needed to grind I'm about level 20 or so now, I deal good damage but me and my party can die really fast at the same time.

EDIT: Oh yeh I wondered around and flight a golem somewhere, really cool how it animated as if it was at a lower frame rate, had stiff jurky movements since it's a artificial rock monster.

View user profile

28 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:03 pm

Birdman

There's an option to turn off their voices.

Make sure to teach your pawn the fire enchantment. Super useful and most things are vulnerable to fire and causes a burn state where they run around or writhe trying to put it out.

View user profile

29 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Cool, I'll find that option, my midget pawn(dubbed Budds da wiz) has the highest possible voice option and it's charming but starting to bother me, aught something something they go.

Yeh I got fire enchant and fire projectiles up the arse, I've been looking at the wiki for element effects and fire seems generally the best, was using lighting and will use ice to test it. Dark seems mostly for all non element debuffs and critical hits. Aught use for this one or something aught something. Aught need for aught, they all love that word in this game.

Have a wiki page as a guide this time as I got lost about where I was last time again, doing a quest hunting for cultists.

View user profile

30 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 am

View user profile

31 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:08 am

Birdman

You still playing this?

View user profile

32 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:06 am

I stopped a bit after the griffin boss, I’ll get back to it soon enough, I was enjoying it a lot.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum