101 Re: Knack 2 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:49 am

Birdman

Dash glitch in battle test.

View user profile

102 Re: Knack 2 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:13 am

Birdman

Only noticed 2 differences so far.

1 - Different picture when loading up.
2 - Knack's size is measured in meters, not height.

View user profile

103 Re: Knack 2 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:08 pm

Holy Moly that looks way too good haha. It absolutely wrecks whole rooms, a dodge that deals damage and has no recovery. What the hell!!! Amazing find! I did notice you got hit at one point, was that you screwing up or is it not fully invincible?

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

104 Re: Knack 2 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Birdman

From my testing the dash only has invincibility at the start so it's useless for area attacks or beams.

Yeah at one point one of them got in a hit with his area attack. You'll see a blue explosion around the time I got hit. I cant be sure though.

It doesn't do much to those heavily armored guys until their armor is off and even then it's not much. Still this is one of the hardest rooms on VH. On NUR it was horrible.

View user profile

105 Re: Knack 2 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:46 am

Birdman

Fucking hackers. Whats the point of putting your fastest time as 0.00? And then some other idiots put it at 3 seconds.

View user profile

106 Re: Knack 2 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:22 am

I never understood this either. I remember getting second in the Hitman Absolution ranks at one time with the highest rank having 10 points more than me. I spent days figuring out how he did this, only to later find out he just used hax.

107 Re: Knack 2 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:21 am

Birdman

Just got Vampire Knack in the Japanese version but found out you need to have the Tackle skill unlocked to use the glitch, or at least I think you do. I never tried before getting it because I discovered this glitch long after 100% completion.

Just need to build some exp then we'll see. Next I need to unlock Speedy Knack to test the high jump glitch, then run through the game using the dash glitch. Found one instance where you can take a shortcut so there could be more.

There's this narrow street with a goblin on a huge turret. Normally you can't approach because he just destroyed you right away, but with the dash you can move faster than he can shoot. Saves a short climb you usually have to do to get behind him.

Edit: Dash glitch didn't work when I got Tackle. That leaves only two more dash related upgrades which are attack extensions.

View user profile

108 Re: Knack 2 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 am

Birdman

Got in touch with one someone I saw posting on speedrun.com about running this. Showed him the glitches and then he made this funny video.

Should gain more attention now and hopefully we'll see some insane runs in the near future.

View user profile

109 Re: Knack 2 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:08 am

https://twitter.com/truongasm/status/1004069402583560192?s=19

Knack getting some love!

Also great to hear about the Speedrunners! I have no idea what he is saying though haha!

110 Re: Knack 2 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:32 am

Birdman

I saw this. It's cgg nonsense.

They're just making fun of it. Look at the comments. No kid could play Knack 2 outside of easy mode button mashing.

View user profile

111 Re: Knack 2 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:49 am

Birdman

Found another neat trick. The teleport dash.

Vampire Knack can teleport from about mid range, which is actually quite far. This puts him behind the enemy (or depending on the angle you started, the opposite side of the enemy).

If you start a dash, then immediately teleport, you do this combination of both actions. You teleport, but when you appear by the enemy, you're dashing. With tackle (attack barrier on dash) you carry this with you just like with Flip Kick.

This makes teleport even better, because you appear dashing meaning you hit them, interrupting their attack.

From my testing there are two timings. One is sort of late, so you dash first then instantly hit teleport. You appear in the dash animation.

The second is you press dash and teleport at the same time. This seems to be the 'real' version because when you teleport and Knack completely vanishes, you'll still see the effects of the dash in the air. By this I mean when Knack dashes, it looks like he leaves some relics a little behind him due to the speed, and you'll see little red, yellow and blue trails in the air.

This makes it a super long range dash in addition to teleporting. I need to test a few more things and should have a video up later.

Edit: Started working on this the moment I got home from work. Found out exactly how it works. There are a few variations. I touched on them earlier but I'll go over them again with the knowledge I have now.

Teleport dash with no damage
Hold dash, and at the same time do teleport (L2+Triangle), but release L2+Triangle when Knack teleports. This makes him appear behind the enemy with the dash barrier, but he'll still be in the teleport animation which is this vampire pose.

Teleport dash with damage
Same as above, but hold L2+Triangle and Knack will appear dashing, as if he dashed long range. This is considered an actual dash so the enemy gets hit.

New tech - Teleport dash Flip Kick
Finding this as I type. You know the dash can't be fully cancelled with much, but the Flip Kick outright cancels it whenever. I've already posted a Techknack where you cancel a dash instantly and carry the barrier into the air. Since we can now combine dash and teleport, we can now add Flip Kick to the mix and get a teleport Flip Kick!

Also, I posted how you can shorten a dash with Multi Punch. This means during a teleport dash, you can hold Square and cancel the dash when you appear behind them into MP.

Air dash version
Teleporting can be done in the air so this follows the same rule as the grounded version, only something really cool happens. Knack teleport dashes downward similar to Dante and Vergil's Killer Bee move. In fact, the truth is they learned this move from Knack.

I should have some videos up soon.

View user profile

112 Re: Knack 2 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:19 am

Birdman

Teleport dash

Teleport dash without the dash. This happens if you don't hold the buttons down.

Teleport dash Flip Kick.

Teleport Dash Multi Punch

Air Teleport Dash

View user profile

113 Re: Knack 2 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Birdman

Finally got round to upgrading in the Japanese version of Knack 2. Last time, I was trying to find out if the infinite dash glitch works in this version.

Upgrading the dash with tackle wasn't enough but I just got the kick extension and that made the glitch work. Makes sense since the kick button is circle, which is is also used for Vampire Knack's Storm special move.

I guess getting the punch extension wouldn't work. I'll be able to test this when I get Saber and Shooter Knack. If you remember, the glitch works with them, but uses meter, making it useless. Saber Knack's special uses the punch button (Square) so I'll be able to test before I upgrade the punch extension and see if that's actually what allows this glitch to happen.

I'm 100% certain it's because of these two extensions because it only worked after getting one of them. I guess the high jump glitch works too and that both versions are identical in every possible way outside of voice acting. They even seem to share trophy lists. I can't find a separate list for this version in my trophy list.

Edit: Dat feel when you know you're the only one in the world taking Knack 2 seriously. A lonely existence.

View user profile

114 Re: Knack 2 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:11 am

Birdman

Added a few more videos to the form change section as well as some Saber Knack stuff.

View user profile

115 Re: Knack 2 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:16 am

Really cool to see this whole game take shape, it is a lonely existence for sure but we're all rooting for you. And honestly, games like this deserve the love.

116 Re: Knack 2 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:27 am

Birdman

Jim Sterling is a dick. In his review he trashes the game on like, everything, yet nothing he said was actually true and he contradicts himself. I love how in the comments he has posted the first one, setting up any responses that disagree with his view to be ridiculed from the start.

Talks about the dishonesty of the industry but what is this hypocritical shit?

View user profile

117 Re: Knack 2 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:23 am

Birdman

I think I'm done with the guide for now. I've gone over every move and tech I could think of and found tons of new stuff in the process. In the future there will be enemy specifics, going over their attacks, behavior, strategies and how to manipulate the AI.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum