Knack 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

51 Re: Knack 2 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:28 am

I actually posted this topic there haha, to no avail. Haters be haters :/

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

52 Re: Knack 2 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:06 am

Birdman

Might mess around on my no upgrade very hard run today. Getting tired of having my score broken by one bullet on Matterfall. And I'm only playing the first stage lol. Something ALWAYS gets me.

I'm still not sure if Knack 2 will be possible later on. You are given the basic moves to be able to deal with each kind of enemy, but it's a different story for large groups. So far I'm cancelling a lot with jumps, and using the air attack all the time.

View user profile

53 Re: Knack 2 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:09 am

Birdman

I keep forgetting I can block. It was something I barely ever did with upgrades. Now it's crucial to survival.

I forget the stages but that monk city in chapter 2 I think? Pretty hard. You're dead in a 2-3 hits if you're lucky, but this is the stage where you learn the heavy punch. With this, due to how Knack's arm stretches, you can attack enemies from like 3 steps away. I used this a lot in a normal because it's so good, and I'm using it even more now.

The first hit of the kick chain boosts Knack forward quite a bit. Good for getting in the first attack as a lot of enemies in this game like to run in while attacking. Better yet, it's on the same button as the power punch which is done by holding circle. What this means is you can kick with circle and hold it down which will cause the punch to come out immediately after.

The enemies in this game are insane. The monk with a staff has a ton of moves and they poke you from max range perfectly, or walk towards you while twirling so you can't approach or jump in.

The little Knack clones have more moves and abilities than what you start with, and have long range options too. Fighting two of them is NASTY.

The NG dodging discussion reminded me of how often enemies dodge in Knack 2. I wonder what that is based on?

View user profile

54 Re: Knack 2 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Birdman

This game is brutal.

I was playing my no upgrade run last night and got utterly demolished by a group of basic robots. Even when playing normally they are still brutal, you just have more tools to deal with them.

One mechanic I forgot to mention is how enemy behavior changes when you've been damaged enough. As you know, with each hit you lose relic parts and get smaller. Once you reach a certain small size, the enemies go berserk like they KNOW you have no defenses left. They actually speed up and come barreling straight at you. Even their attacks are faster and more brutal.

Trolls will have you believe this game was designed for kids but that's complete crap. The enemies here are more brutal and have more to them than most actual games I've played. They kinda of remind me of what I've seen from NG in some ways.

Sure, easy mode is a joke and actually cuts out huge portions of the level if you keep say, falling down a hole, and on harder modes, you have moves that can shut down most enemies pretty easily, but that doesn't change what they're doing.

View user profile

55 Re: Knack 2 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Granted, I've only played the demo but I can understand that this must be really difficult. Keep it up man! Are you recording it in anyway? Or streaming? Would love to watch some parts. You can always just stream via your PS4 or set the recorder on (max is 1 hour).

What you note about players complaining about difficulty is something I know well (as do most here). It is interesting though, as to why in godsname that's a thing. I'm not sure myself. It might be because most players don't play beyond Normal, which is why Souls is seen as so difficult as its main setting is already decently challenging, but cake compared to the higher settings in higher style runs. I would be interested in seeing new players start Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja for instance and see how long they last, I doubt any would make it to the first boss let alone beat him.

How is the checkpoint system in Knack 2? Do you have to replay a lot when you die or is it all good?

Cheer!

56 Re: Knack 2 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Birdman

Checkpoints are ok. Usually at the start of the fight or segment you died on. Like if you fall you'll reload pretty much around that point.

In a no upgrade run though, even with many checkpoints, it can still be a pain especially when a single battle can have multiple waves of enemies.

I'm still trying to find ways to fight effectively without upgrades. As I mentioned before I'm using blocking a hell of a lot, but the problem is I'm not used to it and I get hit by things you can't block often. That'll change with time though.

The other issue is how enemies have so many attacks and they often run at you with attacks at the ready, making avoiding them very difficulty because everything can easily catch up with you.

I think things will get easier once I get the long arm grab, which is how you can easily deal with enemies coming towards you with attacks ready. It just pulls them in for a free attack. That's a story upgrade so it's allowed. So is the boomerang and DBZ flurry punch but they will all be base versions.

I don't have the connection for streaming. Probably won't record either because it would just be hours of failed attempts. I die constantly trying to figure out each fight.

It's interesting how much blocking matters, but ONLY when you don't upgrade. With upgrades, there's always something you can do to enemies so I never used blocking a lot outside of parrying projectiles.

I imagine I'll be using the grab a lot too, as it cancels what an enemy is doing and pulls them in. You can't pull enemies larger than you, but the grab still stops them as they have to shrug it off. Boomerang is going to be incredibly useful too.

View user profile

57 Re: Knack 2 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Just if you have a cool fight, press the "save as video" button, would love to see one or two! :)

58 Re: Knack 2 on Wed May 09, 2018 8:12 am

Birdman

Had a cancellation leaving me with 3 hours to kill today so I came home and continued my Knack 2 NUR. Got past a part in chapter 3 that was so freakin' hard and was really troubling me before, giving me motivation to continue.

Sure enough, getting the Hookshot (long range grab) made shit so much easier, to the point where I'm almost considering a run where it isn't allowed. The shit you have to deal with if you don't just bypass it with Hookshot is pretty insane.

I want to reiterate how much more I'm blocking in this run. I'm learning so much regarding what can/can't be blocked.

I may have forgot to mention this but beside Knack's health is a measurement for his current height. I admit to barely paying attention to it before but now I'm starting to realize what size I have to be to block certain enemies, or get guard broken.

Also noticed that your size also determines the attack power of a deflected projectile.

Will be focusing on this run for now and updating on any tough situations.

View user profile

59 Re: Knack 2 on Thu May 10, 2018 1:27 am

Birdman

Ok so there's this part in a museum where you fight tons of tough enemies at once. You've got archers, small sword and heavy armored sword goblins all rushing you at once. It's madness.

The area is a large circular room with a display in the middle. Without that I probably wouldn't have survived. It can block arrows and obstructs the guys chasing you to an extent.

The hookshot is useless here because it cant be canceled and you're stuck in place while doing it. The heavy swordsman and archers are armored so it doesnt pull them in anyway.

These guys can do these jumping strikes and can easily catch up with you. Two hits and you're dead. Even though at this point you'll be a decent size, even certain attacks from the smaller ones can guard break setting you up for all the guys chasing you.

I wasnt able to do it without getting hit but I plan to return someday and plan a better run. In NUR most battles need to be planned. I've died so much just figuring out optimal methods to deal with tough encounters.

This museum battle was particularly tough thinks to the armored guys and archers. You can break their armor easily with the heavy punch (hold circle) but you cant cancel and in this fight stopping for a second is almost certain death.

The archers have many attacks. Their basic shot is a triple arrow spread that sticks into walls and explodes a short time after. Another is they shoot upward and rain arrows down which stick in the ground and explode. Very annoying because so many times I saw an opening with the group chasing me but couldnt take it due to this move.

They have a single shot that they charge up but that's not a concern. One of the most annoying moves they have isnt even ranged. If you get up close they smash you with their bow.

This makes it super difficult to take them out first and they're armored so as I ran around I'd kick them then JC it, double jump and glide away then keep running. I didnt end up killing them until last.

View user profile

60 Re: Knack 2 on Thu May 10, 2018 10:21 am

Birdman

Knack is the coolest ever. Deal with it.

View user profile

61 Re: Knack 2 on Thu May 10, 2018 1:04 pm

The game is surprisingly expensive considering its nature (36 euros new price, 33 euros used (really weird)). Probably because not a lot of people bought it. I am thinking of buying that game next. For Youtube I'm currently playing Shinobi and NG04, but for fun its God of War. And while I am enjoying it to a point, I am looking for some relaxing combat fun after this. Might dive in, keep an eye out on any cheap versions. If it has co-op it might be cool to play with my girlfriend (her visa got approved, she's moving in in around 8 weeks).

Would love to give this game some extra attention with a good in-depth Stinger article.

62 Re: Knack 2 on Fri May 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Birdman

Probably because the first game was a launch title and really basic, and that Knack himself is such a weird concept. Most people wouldn't even consider the second game for a second. Their loss.

Just found out something utterly ridiculous.

If you read back I talked about dodging attacks by shrinking and how it causes a second of slowdown. I just passed and incredibly difficult and found that mashing the transform button on and off so you never change size, while moving keeps you invincible. It's like continuous slowmo

Well, maybe not totally. In this particular battle I noticed one of the big robot's attack kept killing me but I'm not yet sure if it was that one attack, or perhaps I need to be moving a certain direction. I don't think it matters though because I did this through a huge laser beam and an area explosion.

I'll upload a video tomorrow.

View user profile

63 Re: Knack 2 on Fri May 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Birdman

I just fought a battle that I was about to call impossible. It's definitely 100% impossible without taking damage. The rest is skill and quite a bit of luck.

You're in a square, indoor area. Reasonable large. First enemy is a big robot that can do so many things it probably has it's own skill tree. Dashing attacks, various up close melee, ranged attacks. Also something a lot of enemies get later in the game which is an energy field that you can't touch.

It completely protects them from melee, makes most of their attacks unblockable (something I need to work on listing) and new attacks. It lasts for a certain amount of time, or when they discharge it in an area attack. They can instantly renew it though making them super annoying in groups.

The only option you have is the boomerang, which cancels this state, but in NUR I can only use the base version the game gives you. It also isn't very useful in groups.

This battle has many more enemies jumping in from above. You'll always have a robot, and eventually you'll be fighting three robots in addition to tons of smaller ones that are super fast, all running at you with their advancing dash attacks making it near impossible to return a hit. The robots will have their barriers up and throwing a boomerang is certain death due to the smaller bots.

Somehow I did it, then died in the next room which sent me back to before this battle. The second time I did it but I think something glitched because normally these small, elite bots appear and are really the main problem, but this time only the big robots jumped down one by one and I was able to take them out.

Felt a bit guilty, but I DID beat this room before legit so it's fine. I wonder why it happened though? Maybe it has something to do with which enemies I took out beforehand? I was testing that because I died so many times here but it seemed to be based on time. Every few seconds a new wave jumped it no matter if I beat a big robot first or the small ones.

View user profile

64 Re: Knack 2 on Fri May 11, 2018 11:59 pm

Just a note, I am reading these so please, don't stop! Just don't really know what to say except keep it up!

EDIT: is it a long or short game?

65 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 12, 2018 3:17 am

Birdman

Yeah I guess it's hard to comment on stuff you haven't played. I read all of the NG posts you guys make but having barely touched the series I can't really comment outside of a few general questions.

You mentioned the co-op but I've never touched it. I know you control another Knack but I have no idea how it works and now I'm wondering.

How to you get larger? Who gets the relics from boxes? Maybe both get the same upgrade or maybe it gets spread out. What about the skill tree? Is it shared? Are there more enemies? Who do they prioritize? One very interesting feature of the enemies in this game is how when you get damaged and become smaller than them, or when you opt to shrink yourself, the enemies go berserk and come after you because they KNOW. They run move and attack faster, and I've seen them using the same attack in succession in a bid to destroy you as fast as possible in your vulnerable state.

That leads me to an interesting scenario. What if one person shrinks? Do the enemies ignore the larger player and go for the smaller one? I can see some cool co-cop strats here. Of have one player stay back using the boomerang to restrain enemies while the other stays up close.

As for game length, hard to say. Depends on difficulty, and if you're going after all the hidden chests. I've heard 12 hours thrown around. Not sure if you're just rushing through. Levels are straightfoward platforming and combat. There's around 15 chapters I think, which each consisting of areas like 1.1, 1.2 etc.

I've got like 40 hours logged in on my main save, but that's from 100%, doing all the challenges, glitching, finding techknacks, and all the times I died.

View user profile

66 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 12, 2018 9:05 am

Birdman

Yeah so I didn't make a video of that tech because I tell lies often.

But, I came across some other stuff. One is how certain enemies will parry you if you keep attacking them, and can put Knack on his ass even if he's slightly bigger. It's like they have a tolerance of how much shit they're going to take and just throw you off. But you can counter this by simply not hitting their tolerance threshold.

Late game there are these annoying robots with energy shields and at that point the game hasn't given you the move that can break this kind of barrier, so you need to knock them off cliffs by attack their shield. This pushes them back little by little, but if you just keep hammering they counter with lasers and stuff. I found that by just tapping the punch button then guard canceling, and doing this repeatedly, I could push them back without reprisal.

View user profile

67 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 12, 2018 11:23 am

I ask because I prefer shorter games, gives you time to experiment and derp around without outstaying its welcome with padding and stuff like that. It is why I love Vanquish and MGR:R so much, and why I rarely replay God Hand since it's just so long.

68 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 12, 2018 11:29 am

Birdman

I'm not sure. I honestly haven't been paying attention to the length. It does feel like it's going to end at one point but then keeps going for a few more chapters. It might be longer than MGR. So far I have around 8-9 hours on my NUR. A bit of that would be retries.

Speaking of MGR, the QTEs in Knack are insane like MGR's. Knack could also beat Raiden any day.

RELICS SON!

View user profile

69 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 12, 2018 12:50 pm

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Knack_(character)

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Raiden_(Metal_Gear)

Jup, he actually wins in terms of Tier. Raiden is tier 7-C at his max, Knack is 7-B. I really love that site haha. But the length you mention sounds good!

EDIT: also how is Knack 1? Since I have that one ('free' PSN title).

70 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Birdman

It's pretty basic. No skill tree, no moves.

You just have the 3 hit punch, 3 hit kick, dash and dash attack. His air attack is different too.

Very simple with no variety in enemy behavior. Extra forms are just stat boosts.

It's only worth playing if you care for the story or want to see just how far Knack 2 has come. There's just so much you cant do in the first game that I could never go back to it.

View user profile

71 Re: Knack 2 on Sun May 13, 2018 10:03 am

Birdman

I'm at the final boss now. Tons of tough battles that as far as I know can't be avoided without taking damage. If you can survive a few seconds after losing relics and making the enemies go berserk you'll regen, so a lot of battles were trading hits then running.

The final boss won't be an issue. Since Knack doesn't get permanent upgrades, but rather relics collecting over the stage, you'll always be at the same health by the time you get to this boss. Only difference in NUR is that I will be slightly weaker. The boss will take longer but that's it though I can see an issue when it summons enemies or sends out there annoying spheres you have to destroy.

View user profile

72 Re: Knack 2 on Mon May 14, 2018 1:30 am

Birdman

Ok maybe I was slightly wrong about that lol.

The final boss has a few phases depending on how much damage you've done. I got to the last phase where it goes berserk and I forgot about the new attacks. Dying sends you back to the start of the fight and it can take a while to get back to the last phase due to how little damage you do on NUR.

It has an annoying technique inbetween phases where it saps some of your relics and created two relic balls. It then directs these at you as attacks.

It can send them at you directly in a straight line with a little homing, or it can position them above and drop them on you.

To deal with these you simply attack them and once destroyed you'll get your relics and size back.

I found a new techknack here and I'm surprised I didnt think to try this before, probably due to playing with full upgrades, but you can restrain these orbs with the boomerang.

I only had the base version so only one, but that was good enough.

I'll make another attempt later. I also want to do full game runs with the special forms. Speedy Knack is of particular interest because he attacks AND recovers faster meaning more possibilities open up.

Ive done the whole game with Shooter Knack which was super fun and easily my favorite form but I didnt make a list of his projectile properties. Lots of work to do. Might start adding to the tactical forum

View user profile

73 Re: Knack 2 on Mon May 14, 2018 7:57 am

Started Knack I on Hard, it is a pretty fun game. I can imagine it being a great little first game for children. It teaches a lot of gaming basics, has a fun derpy story, nice cartoon characters. Surprised how difficult it can be though, on Hard most things OHKO you and checkpoints are close and far between. Meter Management is also important. Might write a short piece on it (and later than also Knack II) about how its a nice entry title for children.

I talked to Bick Benedict, he's going to look into doing a Knack II run.

74 Re: Knack 2 on Mon May 14, 2018 8:14 am

Birdman

I'm extremely happy to see more people taking notice, I think we're starting a revolution. Is Bick another Starkiller name or different person?

One thing I like about the first game over the second, is how they dealt with special moves. Meter management as you say. On the hardest settings you really had to plan when to use your supers and which ones. I was especially fond of the the projectile one that could hit up to three targets.

In 2, some rooms have a huge yellow sunstone and hitting this will make you invincible for a short period, and then you'll have access to supers. Tons of enemies pour onto the screen and the only thing you need to do is kill as many as you can before time runs out. These parts are totally scripted. Forced super mode fights and I can't see why they exist.

On the other hand, Knack's other forms in 2 are better. Sunstones power their special abilities and once you unlock a form, you can switch to it any time in a stage with the left or right d-pad. the only problem I have with this is that you can't cycle to the one you want. They should have use up and down too.

View user profile

75 Re: Knack 2 on Mon May 14, 2018 8:49 am

Bick Benedict used to be a pretty big Youtuber (as far as this genre allowed). He made fully narrated guides for beating games on the highest difficulty and/or challenge runs. The beauty of it was that he wasn't the best, so his tactics were always really accesible.

You can check out his channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/bickbenedict11111/playlists

76 Re: Knack 2 on Mon May 14, 2018 9:17 am

Birdman

I think I'm subscribed to this guy. His playlist looks familiar.

I'm making a list of techknack for the tactical forum at the moment. Found out something interesting too regarding the dash. This is another game that tells you NOTHING outside of basic commands.

I won't be bothering with listing every move and property just yet. I'll focus on cancels and stuff first and stuff that isn't immediately obvious like some boomerang properties. Won't be tonight though.

View user profile

77 Re: Knack 2 on Mon May 14, 2018 9:30 am

> Technack
Whatever happened to good old KnackTics?

78 Re: Knack 2 on Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am

Birdman

You use Techknack to create KnackTics!

View user profile

79 Re: Knack 2 on Tue May 15, 2018 8:23 am

Dear god Knack I is hard as nails. We're talking hardcore NES difficulty. One hit deaths everywhere, checkpoints that are far and between. Really reminds me of the old days dear god.

80 Re: Knack 2 on Wed May 16, 2018 8:16 am

Birdman

hahaha

Yeah it is quite brutal. Knack 2 is overall easier due to having more abilities but still has the brutal 1-2 shots if you get caught. You have never been raped in a corner like in Knack 2 on VH by large enemies. There's so much more at play like the speed up rage mode they go into when they see you're smaller than them.

I like Knack 1's more punishing health system though. If you lost relics that was it. You were stuck that way until you died I think, but in Knack 2 it's regen. I guess that's why they made the enemies go berserk when they damage and lower your size.

Knack 1 does have a few elements on offer despite being inferior. I really liked the wood form and the puzzles based around it like setting yourself on fire to light furnaces.

I can't wait for you to play Knack 2 in its entirety though. I'm sure you'll love it.

View user profile

81 Re: Knack 2 on Fri May 18, 2018 7:36 am

Birdman

NUR is done. Now I'm going to do runthroughs in each form. The cool thing about these forms is that you are still basic Knack will all his stuff and the abilities of the special forms on top. Their special moves run on sunstones though so they can't be spammed, but I've noticed there's usually more than enough.

I'll start with Speedy Knack. He attacks and recovers faster, and his special move is a huge explosion. When done on the ground, he pops up (giving you air options) and in the air he comes down, punching the ground. You can do the air one immediately after too. I've found quite a bit of tech with this form which you'll find out once I'm finished documenting everything. In fact, the purpose of these form specific runs is to gain further understanding. I'll be testing stuff and taking notes as I go.

View user profile

82 Re: Knack 2 on Fri May 18, 2018 10:57 am

Birdman

Oh man

I just found an all new trick to get a slightly higher jump with Speedy Knack. I've already used it to skip a few small things like moving blocks to get higher. I found this out around chapter 5 though so I need to go back and test it everywhere. Will playthrough the whole game first though.

This is one of the aspects that make challenge/single weapon or some kind of limitation run so worthwhile. Deciding to run the game with each form has opening up a whole new dimension of skip potential.

View user profile

83 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 19, 2018 6:36 am

YO KNACK PAIN++ Run LETS GOOOOO, KNACK FOR EVO, KNACK FOR KNACKTIONALS. WELCOME TO $$KNACKS$$ WORLD(Tm) BAYBEEEEE.

View user profile

84 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 19, 2018 7:29 am

Birdman

PAIN+ would be just evil in this game. It just isn't designed for it. NUR had a few points where I barely made it.

But just for fun I'll list some restrictions I can think.

-No using moves the game gives you (unless needed for progression). So no grab or boomerang which were probably the key abilities that got me through.
-Fight every enemy. There are a few you can run past or avoid somehow like dropping a boulder on them.
-No using super crystals. Probably impossible as those encounters are designed for them.
-No parry. You have to get up close to every ranged enemy.

That's all I can think of left to hurt myself with. I don't believe the game is possible under these restrictions but I'll give it a try after my single form runs and mechanics guide are done.

View user profile

85 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 19, 2018 7:51 am

KNACK WORLD ORDER can’t be soon enough...

View user profile

86 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 19, 2018 10:19 am

@Birdman wrote:PAIN+ would be just evil in this game. It just isn't designed for it. NUR had a few points where I barely made it.

But just for fun I'll list some restrictions I can think.

-No using moves the game gives you (unless needed for progression). So no grab or boomerang which were probably the key abilities that got me through.
-Fight every enemy. There are a few you can run past or avoid somehow like dropping a boulder on them.
-No using super crystals. Probably impossible as those encounters are designed for them.
-No parry. You have to get up close to every ranged enemy.

That's all I can think of left to hurt myself with. I don't believe the game is possible under these restrictions but I'll give it a try after my single form runs and mechanics guide are done.

The beauty of PAIN+ is that it is the final run, and really tests it all to the biggest core. Not just you, the player, but also the game itself.

87 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 am

Birdman

wait so it goes NUR, PAIN, then PAIN+?

View user profile

88 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 am

The Plus is dependent on the game. Basically a NUR is just that, no upgrades. The Plus comes from having an added handicap above it all. PAIN just means to play the game as you start. The plus, again, just means an added bonus. For instance in GoW:Ascension the Plus means that you also can only use one element, while PAIN regular allows all 4.

89 Re: Knack 2 on Sat May 19, 2018 11:24 am

Birdman

In Knack 2, those key abilities are given to you by the game in QTE cutscenes so you have no choice. So not using those and going with Knack's starting moveset would be PAIN? And anything added on top would make it PAIN+ then.

Edit: Still going through VH with Speedy Knack. Soooo many skips with this glitch jump.

Edit: Done! Now I have 10gb of recordings to sift through. I've got skips like Knack has relics!

As for the run, Speedy Knack's fast attack speed means you can interrupt enemies way better and since he recovers faster you can use slower moves more easily like the heavy punch. The shockwave is great for blowing away smaller enemies and breaking armor, and it's great for heavy damage on big enemies.

Next up is Shooter Knack. I've played most levels with him before but I was just having fun blasting everything and not taking notes. This run will be an in-depth analysis.

Just have to get through these recordings and post them on YT. I've found there is a small speedrunning presence on speedrun.com so I'll be posting over there too.

Edit..again: Got the footage down to around 700mb. Most of the skips only take like 15 seconds. I also realized I haven't been through the first 3 chapters with this skip because I discovered it after those so I'm going to go through now and see what I can find.

View user profile

90 Re: Knack 2 on Tue May 22, 2018 10:54 am

Birdman

Finally, here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXU-ANzr6wNcmlrX0-mq_o3xWOUmBmodR

Ok, next up is the Shooter Knack run.

Edit: Shooter run has started. I'm so stupid. I just found a new attack. Holding L2 and pressing circle or square will do a light or heavy shot, HOLDING square will make Knack to a DBZ shot flurry. Never new this. I was just trying to see if the shots could cancel the multi-punch move and then this one came out.

Edit: Knack is kinda like Monsoon but way better. Raiden would be so dead.

Edit: Just adding this paragraph I posted in another topic because it's good info and who knows when I'll be ready to add everything to the tactical forum.

I recently just found in Knack 2, when you parry a dagger throwing guy, if an enemy crosses the path of the parried dagger and gets hit (assuming they survive), they enter a stunned state where they can't move for a few seconds. It's similar to the stun from hitting sunstone crystals which is from gadget you equip that causes sunstones to cause a shockwave. The weird thing is this stun doesn't affect the one who through them. It just does damage and they continue to throw.

View user profile

91 Re: Knack 2 on Sun May 27, 2018 1:26 am

Birdman

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS DONE!

More techknack.
*Boomerang quick throw.
*Blade kick from hover (downward glitchy version)
*Carrying dash barrier to the air with blade kick cancel.

View user profile

92 Re: Knack 2 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:25 am

Birdman

You guys are about to see the craziest Knack 2 glitch.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw this. I just found a way to infinite dash at freaking LIGHTSPEED!!!

I'm just getting the recording off my PS4 and will upload. This is madness.

BEHOLD

View user profile

93 Re: Knack 2 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:00 am

How did you manage this o_O? I imagine if this can become a normal tactic, it would change the immensely.

94 Re: Knack 2 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:09 am

Birdman

At first I was just looking at ways to cancel the lag on the third dash (the 3x dash rule) by trying every possible attack. Some actions can cancel it but most can't.

What I'm doing here is pressing the command for Vampire Knack's tornado attack. So I'm holding the right stick to dash, holding L2, and mashing O.

At first I thought it could only be done once but then when I mashed O this crazy shit happened.

It's totally NG+ viable. I did some test runs on a few levels and you blast through them so fast it doesn't even make sense.

It's useful in battle too. When you have the Tackle upgrade which makes dashing do damage, you can just zip around the battle field faster then Hotsuma smashing through everything. Doesn't do much damage, but you can stop at any time, do some attacks then go back to dashing. The enemies can't keep up.

View user profile

95 Re: Knack 2 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am

Would be interested to see this use pratically, like an actual fight where you just teleport all over the place. Damn, movement stuff like this can be a huge gamechanger!

96 Re: Knack 2 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:32 am

Birdman

I've done some battle testing in against some large groups on VH and they cant touch you. I was clipped here and there though but as long as you keep moving and don't go directly back toward someone you just smashed by, you should be fine.

I recorded a video and will upload later. Also found a useful application on the final boss which is a giant relic thing that normally you can get behind. But with this dash I can get behind easily and it cant follow my movements. I was able combo it from behind freely until it shifted phases. At that point it gets a barrier of sorts and you can't approach.

I just got the JP version in the mail so I might have a go on that for a while and see if there are any noticeable differences. Will take ages to get all the forms again though. I really want to know if the high jump and dash glitches work in it.

View user profile

97 Re: Knack 2 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Knack 2 would benefit from a NG2 type health model, which is a static life bar that refills to a certain extent outside of battle but the more you get hit the less your max hp recovers to(raze's hell also has this which is an exclusive third person shooter for Xbox in 2004 also 360 compatible i mentioned this before its pretty unique and charming guys, MGS3 in 2004 also has a similar hp damage regen cap).

Which means the damage you take during battle is permanent until the battle is finished or you manage skip battles. Maybe not the full life bar downgrade, but just the permanent damage during battles would increase the tension. Maybe have that be optional modifier for all modes or for the hardest mode(a seperate very hard mode but with no regen).

What would you say Birdman after playing on very hard with upgrades and NUR? Is a no damage run possible on very hard with no upgrades, making regen balance out the guaranteed damage? Maybe this will be another NG2 1 no damage run record in the future.

View user profile

98 Re: Knack 2 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:12 pm

I recorded a video and will upload later.

LIES! I will not fall for this lie again!

Maybe this will be another NG2 1 no damage run record in the future
Good god I remember when that video hit. Despite it being boring as hell to watch, it is still insanely impressive.

99 Re: Knack 2 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:05 am

Birdman

Yeah but Knack actually changes size and this affects everything he does so they'd have to remove that altogether. Knack 1 was like this. You took damage, you lost relics and that was it. I would rather it stay as is in Knack 2.

I will post that video Roy. I'm transferring it RIGHT NOW.

Knack 2 NUR no damage>You will get hit, which will drop your size meaning some stuff will be become unblockable, and you'll need to run to regen. There were a few absolutely chaotic battles where it was just hit and run the whole time.

View user profile

100 Re: Knack 2 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:24 am

Just a thought, regen has its place but it’s best justified for games where damage is completely unavoidable as a concession. You still have to earn those few seconds it takes to regain and getting hit just once can mean you’ll be too small to secure time to regen so punishment is quite high as is.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum