Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transformers Devastation

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 pm

Gregorinho

D-Rank
I own the PS4 version physically but acquired the PC version with the DLC via "other means" shall we say. The DLC is a few skins (don't think these change anything mechanically) and a few weapons, and I think due to how the weapon leveling works in TD you will be finding better weapons throughout the story anyway. Hopefully someone with more experience will know if the weapons were any use past your first playthrough, I can't say I even remember what they were.

52Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Birdman

Dlc is just skins.

>weapons
The higher the difficulty, the higher rank the weapon drops.

You synthesize to make them more powerful and can customize them with various attributes.

Even on the highest difficulty you can get way too strong like this. I purposely use weak weapons.

53Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:18 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
Thank you both ! Wink
I'm busy with DMC3, but I wanted to buy this game before its total removal from PC market. The Legend of Korra and some other Transformers games have the same problem due to contract expiration. I gave priority to Devastation but I'd like to own all of them on Steam.

54Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:39 am

Birdman

Sorry, the weapons are unique as I recall. Not the best or anything.

I don't remember but I think after buying the DLC it's like Vanquish where they'll start dropping.

55Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Gregorinho

D-Rank
You can see the DLC content in this image:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/images/news/transformers-dev-pre-order-bonuses.jpg

I do remember using one of these weapons, but I didn't realise they were part of the DLC. I don't think you'll be missing out on too much if you can't get them.

> License expiration
That's why I wanted a physical copy of the PS4 version. I have "copies" of both TD/Korra on PC (I only heard about them after they were de-listed). It's sad that after a period of time we have to rely on piracy to stop these games from disappearing altogether, especially so for hidden gems like TD.

56Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:44 am

RedShot

C-Rank
I've got the DLC working on my Steam version. I've finished three chapters on Commander difficulty. If you don't level up it's brutal, enemies don't take enough damage and at the same time they kill you instantly. Now I have better stats and some A rank weapons so it's more forgiving. I really like this game, I'm not familiar with Bayonetta but there are some elements that remind me of Metal Gear Rising.

57Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:47 am

Birdman

You shouldn't need to upgrade too much. I use d rank weapons mostly but I power them up slightly. Watch Saur's tutorial series for ways to activate focus and other top info like weight classes, momentum, linking vehicle attacks.

58Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:12 am

RedShot

C-Rank
Ok, I'll watch those videos but the game gave me A rank weapons even after the first chapter. I started to use them because one attack can destroy 70% of my health bar and my damage per hit was very low.

59Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:57 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
I've finished the game on commander difficulty. The last chapter was way easier than the beginning due to levelling system, strange balance. Magnus difficulty seems much harder and it unlocks new level caps so I think late game could be more manageable even in this case. However enemies are faster and encounters are different so the final result should be more balanced.

60Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:44 pm

Birdman

I found, with max weapons and all that, it was still pretty easy. Stats pretty much delete the mechanics.

There's another difficulty after Magnus, but has same issue. You'll have to use weaker weapons to really balance it.

61Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:00 am

RedShot

C-Rank
I wish there were no stats, like Rising + different setups. I don't want to balance my game instead of developers. Game is very fun to play but it could have been even better.

62Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:49 am

Birdman

It's not that bad. Just don't use ultimate stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum