RedShot
Nadster
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

51Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I own the PS4 version physically but acquired the PC version with the DLC via "other means" shall we say. The DLC is a few skins (don't think these change anything mechanically) and a few weapons, and I think due to how the weapon leveling works in TD you will be finding better weapons throughout the story anyway. Hopefully someone with more experience will know if the weapons were any use past your first playthrough, I can't say I even remember what they were.

52Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Dlc is just skins.

>weapons
The higher the difficulty, the higher rank the weapon drops.

You synthesize to make them more powerful and can customize them with various attributes.

Even on the highest difficulty you can get way too strong like this. I purposely use weak weapons.

53Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:18 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Thank you both ! Wink
I'm busy with DMC3, but I wanted to buy this game before its total removal from PC market. The Legend of Korra and some other Transformers games have the same problem due to contract expiration. I gave priority to Devastation but I'd like to own all of them on Steam.

54Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:39 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Sorry, the weapons are unique as I recall. Not the best or anything.

I don't remember but I think after buying the DLC it's like Vanquish where they'll start dropping.

55Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

You can see the DLC content in this image:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/images/news/transformers-dev-pre-order-bonuses.jpg

I do remember using one of these weapons, but I didn't realise they were part of the DLC. I don't think you'll be missing out on too much if you can't get them.

> License expiration
That's why I wanted a physical copy of the PS4 version. I have "copies" of both TD/Korra on PC (I only heard about them after they were de-listed). It's sad that after a period of time we have to rely on piracy to stop these games from disappearing altogether, especially so for hidden gems like TD.

56Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:44 am

RedShot

B-Rank

I've got the DLC working on my Steam version. I've finished three chapters on Commander difficulty. If you don't level up it's brutal, enemies don't take enough damage and at the same time they kill you instantly. Now I have better stats and some A rank weapons so it's more forgiving. I really like this game, I'm not familiar with Bayonetta but there are some elements that remind me of Metal Gear Rising.

57Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:47 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

You shouldn't need to upgrade too much. I use d rank weapons mostly but I power them up slightly. Watch Saur's tutorial series for ways to activate focus and other top info like weight classes, momentum, linking vehicle attacks.

58Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:12 am

RedShot

B-Rank

Ok, I'll watch those videos but the game gave me A rank weapons even after the first chapter. I started to use them because one attack can destroy 70% of my health bar and my damage per hit was very low.

59Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:57 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I've finished the game on commander difficulty. The last chapter was way easier than the beginning due to levelling system, strange balance. Magnus difficulty seems much harder and it unlocks new level caps so I think late game could be more manageable even in this case. However enemies are faster and encounters are different so the final result should be more balanced.

60Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:44 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I found, with max weapons and all that, it was still pretty easy. Stats pretty much delete the mechanics.

There's another difficulty after Magnus, but has same issue. You'll have to use weaker weapons to really balance it.

61Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:00 am

RedShot

B-Rank

I wish there were no stats, like Rising + different setups. I don't want to balance my game instead of developers. Game is very fun to play but it could have been even better.

62Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:49 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It's not that bad. Just don't use ultimate stuff.

63Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:25 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Saur's work was impressive with this one. Odd to see such a showing from a licensed title (or so one would think). Don't remember Korra turning out quite so well. Harvey pointed out ANBC title that inspired certain mechanics as I recall. I forget the particulars.

64Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:05 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Korra got a lot of flack, but I found it to be quite enjoyable. It really was just a entry way title for a lot of players that started off way too slow. The beauty of the game lies in its element system, but you don't have most elements until the late game. Making only NG+ fun.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

65Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:58 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>only NG+ is fun
Hell of a design choice.

66Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:10 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Although I've never played Korra (And it looks like I'm gonna have to go to ThePirateBay to do so these days) I've always found the control scheme weird. Like, we've got 4 elements, and 4 directions on the D-Pad, so wouldn't it make sense if you swapped between elements using that instead of having to cycle through like Devil May Cry?

67Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:22 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Korra was more aimed towards children initially, so I think that might have been the reason. That and the d-pad was always felt like more of a 'we have no more buttons left' choice than an actual 'this is good design' choice. It does work in Korra.

I was surprised to hear you mentioning Piracy. Wasn't known to me the game was completely removed, a shame! Glad I bought it.

68Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:55 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Firm: >make sense
Too much.

Royboy: >piracy
The only option as things go down the dark path (denying you even own what you buy or creating windows of time you can have a thing to begin with).

69Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:02 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

So I just gave Korra a run, and ho-lee shit, does this feel unbelievably jank. There's a bit of freeze on every hit, and everything just seems super overanimated.

I don't think I was missing out on much. The controls were even worse than I thought, because you lock on with... L3? Huh? Isn't this supposed to be R3? And cycling between elements, as I expected, is super weird.

70Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:44 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Playing this a little while looking for a copy of NG3. I know a store that has one but I can't get there until next week.

TFD has status effects and some are pretty interesting. Burn sets them on fire and makes them flail around, shock electrocutes and they can't move, slow speaks for itself. Can't remember stuck, and don't think I've ever seen confuse. Freeze is great, and I believe frozen enemies take more damage from hammers. There's rust and weaken which are just attack and def down. When I first saw rust I thought it might be something more unique like say, petrify in Dragon's Dogma where your screen starts turning to stone and you get slower and slower, actually see patches of stone appear over your character's body.

Not sure if fire and shock can chain to other enemies. If not, it's really not much different than shock in that it stops them from attacking. Need to look more into these.

Stuck might be from the gel gun. One of the Constructicons used it but I forgot what happens when hit. Pretty sure you get stuck in the gel and struggle to move.

Confuse is supposed to make enemies attack each other but could also attack you. I really want to build a weapon with this.

Problem is they are random on loot. I'm using the challenge 50 farming method but I have to wait until a weapon with the skills I want shows up.

71Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:00 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I realized that confuse isn't a weapon skill, it's just something the weapon does. Seems there's only one type of gun that has it and it's a shotgun.

Other statuses like slow, weaken, and rust are like this too. Only elements can be weapon skills and you can only put them on weapons of the the same element. So no hybrid half ice half shock weapons.

That's only for elements though. My gun that inflicts rust is also fire element. I'm now wondering if it could inflict burn while simultaneously lowering their defense and doing more damage as they burn.

Or if they're burning and I slow them, will they continue burning at the same speed? There's quite a few things like this I never looked into.

There is a big difference between guns and melee weapons when inflicting statuses.

I got an SS Burn Sword with 6 slots and filled them all with Burn Lv.5. Couldn't get it to trigger once. Did some reading and found that melee weapons have an extremely low chance of triggering an effect, but guns almost always do.

I got my Hyper Freeze Launcher and filled it with Freeze Lv.5 on all 6 slots and was triggering it nonstop, even on bosses. Probably didn't even need that many slots of Freeze.

It's easy to see why this is the case. Simply that guns have limited ammo. Stuff like slow from the gel cannon always works, but the fire rate is trash and the ammo capacity is low. You can offset these with the fire rate and ammo drop up/energy capacity up weapon skills but even then you're losing out on other possibly more useful skills. On the other hand, the gel gun isn't a damage dealer so maybe it doesn't matter. Nothing boosts slow duration.

One thing I don't fully understand is the weapon skills thermal, cryo, and lightning. These are not the statuses, but types of damage. There doesn't appear to be any weaknesses in this game so I'm not sure what these add. You have physical damage, then a separate elemental damage.

72Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:46 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It's really sad but the second I hear "Loot" I just lose interest immediately. I know that it works to keep a game alive, add longevity and even creativity in character setups, but I don't know man. I don't really know in the case of this game since I barely touched it.

Good to see you still enjoying the title regardless! When NG3 hits you won't have fun for a while I reckon haha.

73Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It's a super basic loot system and will only bother you if you like having the most powerful stuff and winning before you can even blink. Even then you should have the set up you want really fast.

This is how it goes.
You have weapons from D to SS rank. The higher the difficulty, the better the drops, like Nioh.

Each weapon will have a random amount of skill slots, up to a max of 6. They may come with a skill which is also random, but through synthesis, you can take skills from other weapons.

You can create a weapon with weapon drop up and rare drop up, and do this easy turret level challenge on Prime over and over and you'll be drowning in weapons.

They're really easy to get like this but creates a lot of inventory management because for some retarded reason they decided to give the inventory a max of 200.

You should just get the game cheap. You don't have to have the best equipment anyway. If you could play Nioh, TFD is not even close to that loot RNG bullshit. If you end up liking TFD's mechanics you might feel better about looking into weapon setups.

It also has pretty much zero masking QTEs. There's only the one with the stick if you get electrocuted or slowed which is the same as in MGR, and 3 second mash on the final boss for the finisher. Nothing else.

The only thing I really hate is one or two stages where it goes into top down view and it just makes no sense. There's no reason for it at all. Thankfully it's only a few short fights.

74Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:34 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I actually own the game, I bought it on a sale decades ago but dropped it after a day since something else released (not sure what anymore, I think Yakuza Zero?). I'm mostly going to be playing DOOM ETERNAL next week, after that who knows! Maybe this game or Knack II.

75Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:39 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I noticed we all have games we want others here we want others to play, experience, and hopefully see what we see.

We should do some kind of trade/request thing where if you want someone to play something you swear by, you have to play one of theirs.

But I guess due to free time it might not work and we'll still end up focusing on our immediate interests. Just an idea.

76Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It would make for a cool idea. Maybe a theme-month, everyone plays a certain game and we all share notes etc. Would be pretty fun, playing together is half the fun and sharing notes.

77Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:04 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:It would make for a cool idea. Maybe a theme-month, everyone plays a certain game and we all share notes etc. Would be pretty fun, playing together is half the fun and sharing notes.

I think that's a great idea. Would be a good way to get people to take a chance on some of the genre's lesser known titles!

78Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:18 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>theme month
Do you mean we all play the same game?

I'm thinking more like a trade. You know how I always pester you Roy? Like that, except you get to choose what I play of yours.

79Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:36 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah, everyone the same game for a month. I think it's be pretty fun, we could just make a list and a unique topic for it. Everyone who wants to join, joins, and we start sharing notes and opinions. Think it would be pretty interesting. I don't like the idea honestly of 'trading games', then it's just between two people instead of a group.

We can sort of test it with DOOM ETERNAL, I think most users here that are active are going to try it I think, right?

80Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm not.

But the idea is good, only problem is it's not always going to be possible.

Trading is fine and more people can get in on it if they want. I'm just thinking of the times I'd tell you to play something and you'd counter with NG but rarely did either of us do it.

Anyway what I'm after with this is getting different eyes and minds on these mechanics like with Knack 2 due to enemy behaviour. I'd really like to hear your opinion after playing very hard for a while.

81Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:09 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Knack II has been installed on my PS4 for a bit now, it's all about timing now. DOOM Eternal is around the corner, so now is not the time. Soon brother, soon!

82Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:38 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Got some notes going on status effects.

Back when people were playing this, you didn't hear much about these outside of freeze.

Stuck is really interesting, not only for the effect of stuck, but how the gun fires. Will have some notes up in the near future.

83Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:13 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I'm not sure if it's been brought up in this topic but Saur has an excellent series on YT covering the combat system. I'd recommend it to anyone playing through the game or thinking of picking it up.

84Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:54 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah it's on the first page. He was planning to continue this series and go through every aspect of the mechanics but sadly he quit after getting sick to death of the gaming media.

I'll post my notes on stuck status when I get home.

One interesting thing about statuses in this game is they become less effective after inflicting the same enemy a few times.

85Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:50 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I just got a gun I have never seen or even heard of before. It's called a Delay Launcher. I though it might be a rocket launcher that causes slow, but in the details it says 'delayed explosions'. Look forward to testing it and mixing it up with slow or stuck.

86Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:51 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Notes on 'stuck' status from the Adhesive Gel Gun.

*The enemy will be wrapped in gel and struggle for about 4 seconds. Seems to go to 3 secs on next shot. Not sure if it's just 3 secs.

*You can shoot directly at an enemy, or at the ground which creates a puddle. Puddles lasts around 10 seconds.

*Can have multiple puddles. I had about 8 then ran out of ammo and by the that time the early ones were vanishing.

*The gel comes out in 5 blobs. Similar to shotgun spread but has long range. Up close all will hit. If any blobs miss they can hit others or create puddles.

*Gel will create a splat on walls. You can knock enemies into it.

*Drops filters, but then, I think anything might. Need to check.

*Does not prevent shield enemies from partying even though they don't have their shields in front when struggling.

*Enemies will not try to avoid puddles from what I've seen.

87Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:02 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Just realized the Slow Cannon and Confuse Cannon work different from the gun versions. There are quite a few weapon classes.

The difference between these cannons and the guns is that the cannons shoot a single missile that explodes on impact, sending blobs of gel nearby.

The Slow Cannon can quickly cover the arena with puddles. The Confuse Cannon has blobs fly out too, but does not create puddles.

Regarding Confuse status, it looks like enemies don't target anyone. They just start throwing out attacks and whoever's in range gets hit. They can hit enemies with shields too.

Tried my Rust Spreadshot which has all slots with Burn Lv 5 but couldn't inflict burn at all. Rust seems to take priority or maybe these types of gun have a low chance like the melee weapons?

Will need to max out a fire only weapon to know that for sure. The launchers seems to inflict status nearly every shot.

The Delay Launcher is a sticky bomb launcher. You can also fire at the ground for a timed mine. Shield enemies partially block it. They only take a little damage. Seems super rare and I've been hoping for an SS rank drop but no luck.

88Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:26 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm going to be writing down all weapons and their attributes from now on.

You can only hold 200 in your inventory which makes no sense and pisses me off.

I already have 59 slots for 6 slot SS weapons. This is why I want to record everything, because I'll delete the ones I don't use or plan to use. This way I'll know what to look for if I ever want them back.

It's a shit system, because you need a lot of extra space for weapons that have abilities you want to synth.

Another thing I don't get is why certain weapons can't be equipped by everyone. Like hammers can only be equipped by Grimlock and Prime. I see what they're trying to say, that Bumblebee, Wheeljack and Sideswipe are too small, but that argument falls apart when I launch Grimlock sky high as Bumblebee.

89Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:59 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Today I realized I hadn't seen a weapon called Twin Lightning Swords. Pretty much all of the melee weapon classes have an elemental variation.

Then I realized when I got a weapon I'd gotten often called Twin Energon Swords, only it wasn't. It was two blue swords. The Twin Energon Swords are yellow.

What's happened is they've given them the wrong name. I must have kept selling any I got because I'm constantly managing the inventory and just zone out. Must have seen the name and just sold them thinking they were the ones I already had.

Good thing I decided to make this weapon list and was arranging it today otherwise I never would've known.

90Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:07 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Finally got an SS 6 slot Delay Launcher. Going to stock it with Fire Rate Ups and see how fast it can get.

91Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:14 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Found out something weird. I'm not 100% sure on this but this is what seems to be the case.

Ok so there are elemental weapons and those will ALWAYS be like that. Usually their name says it all like cryo, frost, heat, lightning, etc. There are some weapons that don't hint at their element in their names but still have the icon and you can see the elemental attack stat.

Ok, that's all normal. The thing I just found out is that non-elemental weapons like the basic Steel Sword, can have an elemental version. I don't know if the element they get is fixed. I assume it is because they aren't anything special. I don't know if this effects every weapon without an element.

What's weirder is these versions only seem to pop up at lower ranks. I dropped the difficulty to normal and did some farming, and got tons of them. Seems SS weapons never get these variants.

I'll keep an eye on the non-elemental SS weapons from now on just to be safe.

Regarding the Delay Launcher, it worked out exactly as I thought. With Fire Rate Up on every slot, you can rapid fire. You can cover an enemy with them for delayed explosions. What's cool in this game is when you've dont the last hit of a string and see the vehicle attack flash, you have enough time to get a shot in and still get the vehicle attack.

92Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:14 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Holy shit the ranking system sucks in this. I forgot how truly bad it is.

Some of the stages are way too long with tons of battles and secret missions.

Then the fact that you MUST use the headshot spam with weak weapons to get enough points. No reward for your customized weapon setups.

I'll never SS rank this. It's just mindnumbingly bad. All I like doing is testing weapon setups.

93Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty devastated Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Birdman wrote:

You can only hold 200 in your inventory which makes no sense and pisses me off.

Exactly the reason I dropped this. It has some charming bits, but that became intolerable for me. I mean I don't have the most tolerance for RPG-mech's anyway, so that on some point I elected to ignore the discard and fusion of the spam. Only to get slapped in the face with the cap for being a single-minded slob. To rummage in menus is not my idea of a fun time. Not sorry.

94Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:15 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It's a trash loot system but no reason to drop/not play. The rest of the game is too good for that.

You don't even need to engage in the loot system unless you want to.

You can categorize by type/rank. Though you would still have to sell stuff it's not that bad.

Only time you're going to be spending lots of time in the menus is if you choose to customize all the slots.

Otherwise you can play with low level stuff which is the better option if you just care about gameplay.

95Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:55 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

Birdman wrote:It's a trash loot system but no reason to drop/not play. The rest of the game is too good for that.

You don't even need to engage in the loot system unless you want to.

You can categorize by type/rank. Though you would still have to sell stuff it's not that bad.

Only time you're going to be spending lots of time in the menus is if you choose to customize all the slots.

Otherwise you can play with low level stuff which is the better option if you just care about gameplay.

yeah i agree, the loot/customization system is a chore that's completely uncalled for but this is a super fun game, i'm gonna get back into it soon. the unfortunate thing is that i don't have my old save file anymore. i got a new pc like 4 months ago and i forgot to transfer my saves over and now i don't feel like going through the effort of hooking up my old insanely slow on-the-brink HDD. i fucking love Steam's cloud saves, that is just the most convenient feature. it carried my ass for most of my games but this is one of the few that don't have it.

96Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:56 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

it is the gift that keeps on giving that a budget licensed Transformers game is a top-tier action game and beats the pants off of huge budget long-development time "AAA" Oscar-winning normie-praised nu-God of War.

this game looks beautiful, playing in 4k this time. developers need to use cel-shaded graphics more often.

the PC port is great as all Platinum ports are (aside from the resolution issue in MGR but that's a quick easy fix) but the one constant technical issue i have with action games in general is the framerate. not being able to play beyond 60 frames (can't even play beyond 30 fps in Vanquish if you want to play it without getting reemed if you get hit by a single bullet). i've played DMC 4 and 5 in 120 fps-- beyond that i don't know of any else. DMC 3 can't go beyond 60 frames either since the framerate is tied to the speed of the game.

so i had to start over and i started off on the hardest difficulty currently available, and the first giant boss's health was outrageously inflated to the point i thought "no way am i intended to do a fresh start on the highest difficulty". i came this close to just clocking down the difficulty but decided to power through the oatmeal instead.

it was a true slog but i beat his ass, got a couple of decent weapons afterwards and the health of the rest of the enemies has been fine. that boss did come back for a second time and it still took way too long to wittle down but that's the only enemy so far that's been stewpid.

97Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:13 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>first boss
Devastator? (Giant green bot)

>hardest difficulty currently available
Can't remember what that is.

>high HP
>a slog
What were you doing exactly? I don't remember his HP. I know he takes more damage from headshots.

>loot system trash
I said this earlier. But I mean the general method of random drops, slots and attachments. Getting SS rank weapons is not a problem (on challenge mode turret stage) button much can be done about the rest.

But the actual customization is really good and I've spent many hours (and plan to spend more) customizing weapons.

98Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:22 pm

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

>Devastator? (Giant green bot)

that's the one

>Can't remember what that is.

Commander. 2 harder difficulties unlock later on.

>What were you doing exactly? I don't remember his HP.

i just threw out strings/enders/truck spin cooldowns/ultimates, not sure what else i could have done. on a fresh save on Commander against the first boss that has a seriously inflated heath bar, you're just painfully underleveled and underequipped. had to chip his health down multiple times as well because it was functionally-speaking the first time playing against him (i played this game a long time ago) and he's pretty powerful so i died a few times. he starts throwing out different and tricker attacks later on in the fight so you're most likely to die after you've chipped away most of his health. clown

>I know he takes more damage from headshots.

didn't even think of that because he's so tall that i don't think you can do that from Focus. but i don't think it would have made any meaningful difference, i was stuck with some marshmallow gun with a mag that held only 15 marshmallows.

>But the actual customization is really good and I've spent many hours (and plan to spend more) customizing weapons.

for sure. my biggest problem with it was the weapon limit, i remember having to spend too much time thinking about what weapons to sell because i kept hitting the limit of 200 and i was afraid to sell weapons for fear of selling something good.

99Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:06 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

> i don't think you can do that from Focus
You can.

>not sure what else i could have done
Not much at that point.

>meaningful difference
Not gigantic but better than nothing.

There's also a sort of knockdown you can do. Forgot how it works. Think you have to hit him in the head when he raises the ground.

You can parry his drill shot which let's you catch it and use it as a throwable, but I didn't get much use out of that. He's usually too far away to throw it back and it's risky to keep hold of it because it lowers your movement speed.

100Transformers Devastation - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers Devastation Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:01 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

>You can.

i know you can do that from Focus and the whole comboing Focus's system in general, but you can aim/hit at his head when you're right up on him after a string? i should have checked but was just one of those weird things that didn't occur to me at the time because of his size.

>There's also a sort of knockdown you can do. Forgot how it works. Think you have to hit him in the head when he raises the ground.

interesting, will try that next time

>You can parry his drill shot which let's you catch it and use it as a throwable, but I didn't get much use out of that.

i'll see if i can do anything with that

thanks for the tips bud. you still playing this game?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum