You are not connected. Please login or register

Ninja Gaiden II zero death

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ninja Gaiden II zero death Empty Ninja Gaiden II zero death Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:54 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

https://www.twitch.tv/farnham__thedrunk

There's a reason I tend to be against saying runs are impossible until you try. This is one of those cases. There was an internal challenge with some high level NGII players a while back, where we'd make a google-document laying out the perfect strategy to attempt a zero-death run of NGII without saving. We got pretty far, but eventually we quit. Then the run returned and Farnham put in some serious work and grinding, only to pull it off! There were quite a lot of close calls. Especially near the end. Well worth the watch.

Note that it's a lot of optimal strategies, so there's Essence farming, a ton of OLUT abuse and loops.

What's interesting to me, confirming what I always knew in a sense, is that the hardest part is the intro. All the runners got stuck in the first 3-4 chapters. When Farnham reached chapter 5 as the first one, it was immediately the winning run, as he was just too decked out with items, essence and strong weapons to be defeated with propper knowledge.

The only part that gave him trouble was the Zedonius fight in chapter 12, which almost killed him.

Note that a lot of mistakes can be forgiven imo since the run was nearly 14 hours long without breaks, which is just brutal.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Ninja Gaiden II zero death Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden II zero death Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:41 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I watched the first chapters and the ending part of his run and it was a joy to see this feat transmitted live.

3Ninja Gaiden II zero death Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden II zero death Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:24 pm

hebass

C-Rank

Oh man, nice. Thanks for sharing this. Will have to check this out later.

I watched a few parts. I never knew you could do an Izuna at the end of a staff circle UT o.o

Additionally, I was thinking I would've panicked during the Armadillo...but you can use Incendiary shurikens in the original? Looks like that made the fight cake haha. Man, I really need to play the base version of NGII more. Ended up only playing Sigma 2 thoroughly. So many variations of the games to play, it's fantastic.

4Ninja Gaiden II zero death Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden II zero death Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah the Armadillo is pretty easy if you know how to handle them, and get good RNG. He got really lucky with the setup on the re-fight which can go really bad unless you're unprepared.

> izuna UT
Yeah you just mash Heavy! Only works on izuna-able enemies ofc.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum