You are not connected. Please login or register

Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One

+2
KSubzero1000
Royta/Raeng
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:00 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Going to race to a store tonight to buy an Xbox One X. Framerate issues are fixed and some of the crashes too as the reports are coming in.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 am

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

Wonderful news.

Legit considering buying one of those myself. Which I can't justify in good conscience, but still...

Have fun! :)

3Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:52 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah, with the wedding come up etc. I needed to have a stern financial talk with my fiance about me now just throwing 500~ over the counter. But we managed haha!

4Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:01 am

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote: the wedding come up

Ooh, exciting! cheers

5Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Going to race to a store tonight to buy an Xbox One X
hahaha

Well if there was ever a reason this would be it. How did you justify it to her? I can imagine you sitting there with this super serious face trying to explain why you need to spend so much to play this weird super ninja game lol.

Might have to look into it myself. The framerate on 360 is horrendous.

Will be looking forward to your full review. You'll need to play all the way through to make sure the full game runs properly. You never know what kind of weird bugs are going to show up.

How about those co-op missions? Are they including the online portion?

6Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:32 am

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

No co-op in OG NG2.

There is a very juicy singleplayer Mission Mode DLC, however. The absence of which being one of my biggest issues with NGS2.

7Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Wedding
Yeah man, we're getting wed next year around July! So that's going to be something. I'll share the pictures here when it has happened :)

> How did that talk go
Awh man you should've seen it. She's savvy enough to understand some of the jargon but when she realized I was going to spend that cash just to play one single game she kind of looked at me funny hahaha!

> content
Apparently all DLC is compatible, so that's nice. You can also transfer your saves. Though your chapter saves will be gone sadly, but you'll at least not have to unlock Master Ninja again or setup your options again.

8Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:13 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Amazing despite me owning an Xbox One S. Anyway, congrats on being married!

9Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

One S also has it, so you can enjoy that! It just doesn't have the upped resolution!

10Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Whoa, awesome. Has the game been tested yet on MN?

11Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Tested it myself just now on MN and some other tests too. The lag is gone. Fully. The only lag I saw was one player pulling an entire Chapter worth of enemies and even then it was only a 10-15 fps dip. Haven't seen it dip below 60 yet, at all. And am playing on Master Ninja.

Note, the game seems harder now. Enemies feel more agressive.

12Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:50 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Was just about to go find a 360 copy of this and finally just get it done.
Now I don't want to play unless it's on X.
But there is no way I can afford to go get one like roy haha, but that is some damn dedication my man. Maybe there will be a pc release? How bad does the framerate really get on 360? I am pretty sensitive to drops in action games.
Also it sounds like they patched the steps, should I not patch it when I play?

13Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:08 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I was fighting in slow motion in one fight with not that many enemies. Could've been. My ancient console though.

I'm not touching this inferior version again. Looks like I'll have to start saving.

14Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:45 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

HedFone
The original won't have any dropped inputs, ever. But it will slow down to a significant amount. You can check this video, this is probably the slowest it will get: https://youtu.be/tB9NfMYoebQ
Note that you can just pop in the X360 disc in your XboneX and it will work. No need to rebuy it or the DLC.

What do you mean with 'patched the steps'?

General insights of the XoneX version:

• game looks dropdead gorgeous, putting a lot of modern releases to shame. Very fluid gameplay. All graphical elements are retained and still look good;
  • I've noticed that some fights have their enemy-cap increased. In the original some enemies wouldn't spawn until a certain amount was defeated, this happens faster now (probably due to increased memory or w/e);
  • I switched back and forth between the X360 version yesterday, I can now safely say the Xbox One X version has enemies be a tad more agressive. This was a known 'bug' with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 too after the PS3 got a performance patch. I think something similar happened here.
  • There's one bug that I haven't seen before, you can use the Scythe to walk in the air if you do a >YY grab on an enemy next to a pillar. The game glitches out a tad. Managed to replicate it twice, never saw it in the X360 version;
  • Bodies stay around longer;
  • Unlike Black, the Essence orbs didn't change in their design with this version;
  • The loading times are really weird. The first time loading I had a nearly 1 minute load for selecting the costumes. After that it was a lot faster than the regular Xbox 360. The game sadly still has to go through the animation of the chapter-text appearing etc, but you immediately get a button-prompt afterwards. No more loading after the fact. No mid-game chapter loads either when you cross an certain area. No loading when equipping a new weapon. All instant.
  • constant 60fps. Managed to get it to 59 once by pulling a whole bunch of Chapter 1. In Chapter 3 I pulled all the first encounters together and got around 50-55 fps, an act that would see the game turn into a slideshow on the x360;
  • zero crashes so far;
  • save games transfer, but not individual saves. But no need to replay all the difficulties;
  • All DLC is available, be sure to search for "NG2" when looking for the costumes, they aren't labled as "Ninja Gaiden" which is a bit dumb;
  • Mission Progress is saved for Mission Mode!
  • The controller, honestly, isn't up to the task. I've had a few dropped inputs - all related to continous jumps - and it seems not as sensative and precise as the Xbox 360 controller. I've had, very rarely, had my direction inputs be not as precise as I wanted them to be. Looking into hooking my 360 controller up to the system.

15Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:35 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I am reading online that they patched the huge steps gauntlet to make it run better, but the way they did that was make you fight less guys at once, which sounds fucked up. No wonder Itagaki left.

Also I bet the spawning is tied to how low the framerate would drop if they spawned while too many bodies were there. Crazy about the increased aggression and more dudes. I want an X so bad for this. What a great way to experience it fresh.

16Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:40 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Holy hell, you have a source for that? It might be that they were talking about Sigma 2 for the PS3 where that indeed happened. I hope that's not the case here.

17Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:51 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/943273-ninja-gaiden-ii/45188983

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/that-one-bloody-awesome-sequence-in-ninja-gaiden-2.839525/

There is discussion here, though it is Gamefaqs and neogaf so YMMV. You can delete patches by clearing the 360 cache I believe, so it could be tested. I googled it because people were talking about a staircase patch somewhere when this got announced for 1X. Couldn't find any official patch notes but could have been a.... ninja change Cool

18Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:31 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ah now I gotcha, yeah that's the original Staircase but it was removed very, very fast because it led to crashes, red-rings and more. There is no change between the patched staircase - which is still infamous and loved - between the X360 and X1 version.

19Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:39 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

When I play this, which should be soon, I am definitely trying with and without the patch.
There are enough people saying there is less density, I have to know exactly what got changed.
Sucks I have to play on 360, but this 1X news finally has me hyped enough to bite the bullet.
Especially after being let down by DMCV and Sekiro.

20Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

In my opinion it is still the best action game ever made, held back only by its performance issues. There isn't a game out there that is this well designed with such great combat...and also this insanely hard. Not going to lie though, it might seem cheap at times.

Not sure if you read it yet, but here's the article about it: https://stinger-magazine.com/article/ninja-gaiden-ii-pursuit-of-perfection/

Might give some insights :)

21Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Well I have played this last night and right now. I only experienced a couple of framedrops but it feels wonderful. I felt a little uncomfortable that I had to save it on the cloud system instead of the hard drive. The game looks nice but it has been a long time since I played this on the 360.

22Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:08 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Any word from the devs yet?

23Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:04 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

On what, the frame-rate drops? It is only on X1 and X1S. On X1X the only frame-rate drop you'll see is during the infamous stair-case fight, and even then it only drops like 1 or 2 frames.

24Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:55 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Those inputs whatever they were.

25Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One  Empty Re: Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to Xbox One Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:40 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ah, I haven't noticed it anymore, so I think they stealth fixed it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum