Royta/Raeng
Birdman
Dark_Blood_NG
AKheon
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 20]

51What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:01 pm

AKheon

D-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

RE6 really does deserve its own topic for being the confused, strange mess it is. It's a very "Capcom" game, and everything is designed with maximum coolness in mind. A part of me wants to like it, but it has too many insane design choices to it and I find myself caring less and less as the game goes on.

Haven't played ME: A too much yet, but it doesn't seem too shabby. I'm playing unpatched, of course, to get a maximum laugh out of the wooden animations.

52What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

Just did my introduction post in the proper thread, so let's go into business Smile

I'm playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. If you guys played Ninja Gaiden 2 and this one, you can see how this PS3 remake is incredibly easier, so I decided to do a restricted run: Master Ninja, no items (save for health upgrades and talismans), no UT's, no Ninpo and no Izuna drop or similars. It may sound hard as hell but it isn't. It's perfectly doable if you have experience of the original game, which is the actual journey through hell. So, I'm having fun since in this game you can use alot of moves and strategies that were simply ineffectve on the original.

@Royta: so, since I've played quite a bit of Master Ninja mode, I think I may summarize my opinion about the game. As I said, I agree with you that Sigma 2 is really polished. It seems that the priority was to make the most polished product possible, in fact the game is not only very balanced in difficulty (if we exclude the armadillo which goes beyond my comprehension) but it seems to have much less bugs and slowdowns. Though, we have to admit that NG2 constitutes a more unique game that delivers a type of experience that no other game gives the player, while Sigma 2 offers a more streamlined gameplay, which can be associated to many other action games, only with much harder difficulty level. Adding that NG2 gameplay was partially fixed with mission mode, and that Sigma 2 has racist mission mode (play online or suffer the AI companion) still makes me think that NG2 is an experience any "hardcore" action gamer should try. Aside from that, I think I probably prefere playing Sigma 2 because the learning curve is less frustrating, so I can have an NG game that doesn't feel too stressful and I can play it even if I'm not super focused or if I'm a bit tired.

So, I think I'll continue playing Sigma 2 and doing runs with a couple of weapons, then take a break. But the NG in which I want to really improve in the future, maybe next year, is Razor's Edge. The game has brilliant combat system, despite some issues in the technical department, some pointless bosses and the "balanced for coop" mission mode. Still the story mode and chapter challenge mode offer a high degree of replayability, and the ToV's are much better than in NG2. I'll probably open some threads in Ninja Gaiden sections.

I've also started a character in Dark Souls 3. So, this game has brilliant art style and animations, fun bosses and enemies, though I can't play it more than a couple of minutes, it just get boring for me. I just can't understand why, it's a really good game on paper but with me has this impact. I'd rather play Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne. Let alone Nioh, but I think it shouldn't be compared to souls games. Also I have to admit that souls it's starting to grow a bit old on me. I can't seem to be able to enjoy even Bloodborne these days.

I've seen you guys were talking about Absolver. That game looks cool, I may be interested into it, but from what I've seen it's a game meant for pvp. If you guys can confirm it has good pve then I could try it, otherwise I'll pass, I really don't like online play and multiplayer.

Also Zelda game series was mentioned. Now, I don't wanna sound like those "game hipsters" that wanna look cool, but these days I was watching a guy on twitch doing speedruns at the very first Legend of Zelda game on an original NES, and I think it's a damn cool game. Btw the guy is Arcus87, a popular speedrunner which recently did the Wolrd Record on Ninja Gaiden 1 NES speedrun. He only play NES games. Now, I don't like to do speedrun but maybe I can to try play Zelda NES for fun on an emulator.

53What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:47 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Sigma 2 challenge run
Pretty neat, I still want to do something like this for Ninja Gaiden Black with the addition of 'no savescumming' since I tend to just run to the save point after EVERY damn fight haha, maybe add a no GT to it since I tend to spam that.

> tagging
The site does have the feature btw, but it is...iffy haha.

> Sigma 2 in general
You basically noted my love for the game in on sentence: "I'm having fun since in this game you can use alot of moves and strategies that were simply ineffectve on the original"- the original felt so restrictive, you could barely use half your moveset without getting punished for it harshly which was a damn shame. I will admit that NG2 is a far more unique experience, there's nothing quite like it and surviving it. I will add that I don't enjoy playing NG2 as much as Sigma 2, NG2 is just depressing, no matter how good you are it is always a matter of survival, not perfection.

> mission mode
Now, yes. On launch it was a blast since you could co-op (which is dead now). Ultimate Ninja 01 and 02 really brought the community together in a way it hadn't before. I would wish it allowed for a solo mode though. In the end I prefer NG3:RE's mission mode the most as it allows for co-op while also giving pros something to strive for. Players like ShowR showed that it was possible to beat most of them solo.

> open threads in NG section
YES! Please! Looking forward to it!

> Absolver
Best ask around that board, especially with Birdman. He's played it.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

54What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:22 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Absolver's PvE is awful. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I haven't played in ages though and there have been many updates, so I don't know if they've changed anything. Just watch a playthrough and you'll see. It's a super small world with only other masked human enemies.

I finally got Okami HD PS4 in the mail 2 days ago and have been playing it ever since. It's a no upgrade run, and I'm also trying to get to the end as fast as possible because people want to know if the song plays in the end credits. I have the Asia version and this Japanese song was removed from the English versions.

55What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:31 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Absolver's PvE is awful. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I haven't played in ages though and there have been many updates, so I don't know if they've changed anything. Just watch a playthrough and you'll see. It's a super small world with only other masked human enemies.

Well that's sad to hear, but also good - one less game to play.

In terms of my games right now, I'm deeply invested in play Ninja Gaiden Black. Doing two runs right now, one is just a regular 100% run, the other being all the missions in Mission Mode with all weapons and no healing. Aside from that I'm playing The Evil Within 2 on Survivor Knife Only, to practice for Nightmare. I'm not sure on some stuff yet, will post in the topic about it. Might need some insight.

Really wanting to buy and play The Cursed Crusade, Remember Me and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. But where will I find the time...

56What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:48 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

[quote="Royta/Raeng"]
Really wanting to buy and play The Cursed Crusade, Remember Me and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. But where will I find the time...

I had Cursed Crusade years ago, never beat it but I had some fun with my sister in (couch) coop. I don't think it's particularly good but I'll give it a try again.

57What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:31 am

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

Royta wrote:no savescumming
Hahaha yeah, I'm trying to do it too in my run, I did it really a few times.

maybe add a no GT
True, really good move for free i-frames, unfortunately the way to go in NG2 if you wanna use the sword. Though, in NGB it's possible.

The site does have the feature
Sorry! I'll find how to do it :)

Players like ShowR showed that it was possible to beat most of them solo
Though it was super boring XD
He's the NG man though. Btw, I'll try to open a thread here in the NG section for my run and other stuff.

Birdman wrote:Absolver's PvE is awful
Thank you very much for the insight :)
As Royta said, one game less to play :)

58What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:25 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I should replay all the arcade games I had emulated as a kid, tons of obscure beat em ups and shooters I have knowledge off, might as well make use of that haha. Played a lot of NeoGeo games, I always recall Sengoku1&2 and Shock Troopers fondly.  

Anyone else have arcade experience?.

59What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:35 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Haven't seen you for awhile son.

Arcade - hell yes though it was usually just the few cabinets in takeout places. There's a few games I remember playing but don't know the titles. Wish I could remember them.

I bought an SNES Mini last year but haven't opened it yet. I plan to grab that Commodore thing as I wasn't around when it had its run.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

60What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:10 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

We had a small restaurant called King Arthur (long gone now) that had a pool table and a SF2 arcade machine on the second floor. Used to go there all the time in breaks when studying MultiMedia design (was only 15 minutes walk to that cafe.). 

Only time otherwise was when I was in Japan and played some Space Harrier and SF2 in the arcades. I think as far as arcade games go I love Space Harrier the most. Such a addicting little game. Sega really ruled the arcades at one point.

61What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:26 am

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

Hey guys I'm still alive. Just playing Third Strike on Fightcade because I'm stupid. Yeah, it doesn't make sense: untechable throws, unblockable fullscreen ex elbows and shoulder rams, unblockable overheads, parryes that require you to move the stick a month in advance, lag abusers, assholes of all kinds. Good times, definitely. So if you wanna play my nickname is "G3nshin" and right now I basically use Ken only. If we'll have too much lag I will ask to quit though, so forgive me for that Crying or Very sad

62What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:41 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

If you want we can play sometime, I'll see if I can add you. Ken's are hard for me though (Twelve main). But with online it's all different (doubt you can hitconfirm Super online). Twelve's biggest flaw is that he lacks combos, but that's not really an issue online. Sad part is he relies heavily on parries so that makes him a bit worse again.

I also like to toy around with Ryu, Sean, Alex and Q though.

63What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:43 am

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

Royta/Raeng wrote:I'll see if I can add you
I play on fightcade, so you don't have to add me, you can jump in the room and double click on my nickname to challenge me.
Ken's are hard for me though (Twelve main). But with online it's all different (doubt you can hitconfirm Super online)
Well it's really possible with Ken to hitconfirm online because his confirms are easy. Not saying that I'm good at it but it's really possible to do it consistently imo. Though, online creates other problems, like parries, you said it, so I wouldn't take things too seriously.

Theoretically I also use Necro, but I can't hit confirm his back mp anymore so that kinda destroys my enthusiasm into playing him. Because yes, Third Strike is all about strict hit confirms aside from parries (of course).

I wonder if SFAlpha's are more playable online.

64What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:39 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Still on Devil's Third with plans to move on to Star Fox Zero or Guard.

65What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:11 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I've been working on Knack 2 for ages now. Keep finding more tech then go on testing rampages that take days lol.

I really want to get to Vampyr. I might do so after I've finished writing up what I have on Knack. I still need to go into enemy specifics/behavior/AI manipulation but that's a huge endeavour. Might play Vampyr before getting into that.

66What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Right now I'm working on:

Ninja Gaiden 2004 PAIN+ run
Still stuck in Chapter 5. What a nightmare, but I think I have the fight down now, just need to sit my ass down this weekend and get through it.

Subsurface Circular
Fun little game, completely story focused. Don't think it will hold up on repeat playthroughs, but a fun experience for 1,50 (had some discounts pilled up).

Prey
As noted.

I sometimes pop Devil's Third, Shocktroopers and Ikaruga in. But not too often.

67What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:08 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Was playing EDF 4.1, Human Fall Flat and beat Trine 1 with my dad last evening.

68What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:16 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I always adored EDF's ideas, such a great concept and especially in this day and age. Just pure fun!

69What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

EDF 5 is due this summer in the west(at least north america, its already came out December in Japan) so i've got that to look forward to. I've not told my dad as i want it to be a surprise(it might come out August, my birthday month).
We've completed EDF2017 and EDF2025, So 5, which looks to the best no contest(ITS GOT GIANT FROG MEN AS REGULAR MOBS, SHOOTING THEIR LIMBS OFF IS A MECHANIC). I'm certain It'll be a treat.

EDIT:@Roy: I've seen you've been playing Shock Troopers? I mentioned it in this very thread not too long ago(post 58, along with Sengoku 1&2) but never made a topic for it so i feel ashamed to not have informed you earlier.
It was always one of my favorites out of the hundreds of arcade games i emulated as a lad(that bangin OST tho?).

70What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:07 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Can you give me some further insight in Sengoku 1 and 2? I love 3, but 1 and 2 seem very iffy. Still look fun though don't get me wrong, but very different! And man, Shocktroopers. The soundtrack alone was worth the price of admission. Trying to 1cc it from time to time, but tend to lose at least one life.

Love how they misspelled "lonely".

71What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm going to be playing less for a while because it really takes away from my study time.

I dont play too much during the week anyway due to being too tired but if I finish early due to a cancellation I usually will and usually only for an hour or two.

I just realized I could be making so much progress in an hour. I'll still play every second I can on weekends though.

The most important thing to note is I often lie. Like how I said I was going to stop buying games and get through my backlog. Interesting theories I suppose.

72What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Study? What are you studying? Something besides your main job, or something within it?

On another note, found a REALLY...and I mean really cheap used games store. Bought Dante's Inferno, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, El Shaddai, Evil Within 1, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and a few movies for a total of 20 euros. GRFS was only 50 cent (!!).

73What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:12 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Korean.

El Shaddai
Play it. Now.

74What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:11 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Playing Alienation.

I want to play this though. It's another twin stick shooter.

if you guys know any good ones let me know. I have all the ones from Housemarque, Enter the Gungeon and Ruiner. I won't like them if they're boring military looking ones though.

I looked into Assault Android Cactus and might try it but it looks too simple and not much weapon or ability variety. I'll grab it if it's on sale though.

75What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:12 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

You ever tried Fantasy Zone? Not twin stick but more classical, though it is pretty unique since you can go left and right.

76What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:19 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

@Birdman: Just Twin Sticks? Any perspective in mind(isometric/horizontal/vertical)? On foot or in a vehicle if that matters to you?

—>Onimusha Warlords
Beat Onimusha 1 for the 1st time a week or so ago, in 2013 I played all the way until the second to last boss but couldn’t beat them as I lacked healing items and sucked. Not much of an issue this time(blocking is fairly OP even against some bosses, not mentioning counter attacks which I’ve yet to master). Was a very concise game.

—>Onimusha Genma
Moved part way into Onimusha Genma, thankfully you can skip most cutscenes and it has a 60hz option. I like the changes to enemy placements, level/item layout. The green balls that you have to mash away from enemies before they devil trigger upon consuming it is neat, makes regular fight more challenging/annoying. That floating doll was a novel nuisance, i’ll enjoy killing her when I can(don’t tell me if you can/can’t).

77What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Just Twin Sticks?
Before I made that post, I looked up the definition it seems to mainly pertain to the top down view.  

Resogun and Matterfall are side scrollers though but still count.

So I guess if you can move in any direction while firing in any direction.

So like Ruiner, which you are well familiar with. By the way I didn't understand a single bit of the story. Want to explain it? If you do, do so in the dedicated topic.

As for the character, I don't know. Just let me know if you have any recommendations and I'll look into them.

I think there's a Tomb Raider game like this but I don't know if it's twin stick or just like Diablo. Will watch a review.

Not much of an issue this time(blocking is fairly OP even against some bosses, not mentioning counter attacks which I’ve yet to master).
Marcellus? The big guy with the shield and after breaking it he pulls out dual swords? He's got a few dangerous moves because he can lock you in block and follow up with an unblockable. Strangely, he is the only boss you can Issen, and only the blocking version on only one of his moves.

before they devil trigger upon consuming it is neat, makes regular fight more challenging/annoying.
Something I need to revisit and test. Their DT not only makes them stronger, but also some attacks, if blocked, put you in a heavy block state. Some may be unblockable but I don't remember.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

78What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Back in Warlords and Genma the Issen-system was more a nice extra for expert players I feel than a core mechanic. Which I think is why they added the charged attack system with the multiple uses in Genma. I liked how you could smartly spend your own 'DT' to One Combo Kill certain bosses even on the hardest setting if used smartly. I remember going for a max rank run and the whole game was about playing optimal. Knowing what fights to use what magic and where to use certain items or the infamous DT, how to avoid everything with the female character etc.

Very well made game over-all imo. I'm kind of pissed I never recorded my max rank run at the time since a lot of my experience with the game has been lost for some reason, I can't remember half of it.

79What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:23 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Knack 2 getting high scores and Guacamelee on the side, first playthrough (using the code for hard mode) and messing around with combos.

Been too tired to play much during the week due to work but I plan to finish it tomorrow and unlock all the moves then have a look at those challenges.

80What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:12 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Alternating between Knack 2 and Chaos Legion now.

81What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ditched Kiwami2 for Fist of the Northstar:Lost Paradise with some NG2 on the side. Play Thumbler(?) very rarely in between. Fun game still :)

82What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Ni No Kuni 2 Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:54 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm back to playing Ni no Kuni 2 because the new DLC came out on Saturday.

It adds a 100 floor dungeon, ups the level cap, adds a higher tier of weapons, a few new monsters, new items, quests, and two combat styles.

One is a dodge mechanic, basically Witch Time. Last second dodges slow down time and let you get in free hits. Light attack does a combo and heavy does a single powerful strike. There are perks you can add to it like extended time, MP back, etc. The dodge roll also changes to a dash and is faster than running.

The second mechanic is Gizmos. These are like your regular special moves. When in combat you hold R2 to bring up your special moves then press up to get to the Gizmo menu.

These have a set number of uses before needing to cool down. There's only 4 types, but you can add extra perks to them too. There's stuff like flying turrets, black hole bombs, or ones that let heal you or carry more healing items.

Sadly, the higgledies didn't get any upgrades, and are just ok, but majorly overshadowed by equipment. There's still another DLC to come, so hopefully we get more higgledy options.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

83What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:47 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

My bro asked for Monster Hunter World for Christmas. I bought it today then he later messaged me that one of his friends bought it for him.

I'm going to give it a try. There are a lot of systems and menus and I have no clue what's going on lol.

84What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:22 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good luck, that game was pretty divisive - being the first game in the series made specifically for a western audience. Never dove into the series myself though.

Personally playing the latest Smash Brothers right now, with a little Vanquish and Red Alert 2 on PC in between.

85What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I've seen a few comments from super elitists and butthurt fans of the older games. No idea what their problem is and I don't care. When I asked for help on the boards they were generally pretty good though.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

86What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Currently playing Shinobi on PS2.

87What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:03 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Nice.

I'm still playing MHW mostly, trying to catch up on everything in this event festival, but I might start playing something else on the side because I need a break.

Might work on some old guides I never finished.

88What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Just played Devil May Cry 3 and 2. I think I am the only user here that likes DMC2.

89What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:53 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I see DMC2 the same way I see TMNT. They both have some cool ideas/mechanics.

90What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:16 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

If there's one thing you can note about this forum, we don't really hate any games (I think). Not really. I like DMC2, even have S rank on DMD and TMD and LMD in that title. Had a lot of fun playing it.

Currently still playing RE2make and Smash.

91What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:44 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

If there's one thing you can note about this forum, we don't really hate any games (I think).
This. Sure, there are games some of us might not like, or not like as much as others, but you'll never be attacked over liking a certain game. You'd have to be pulling some genuine Gamefaqs troll shit to get that kind of reaction here.

I'm still mainly playing MHW. One of my clients cancelled so I came home early and built some new weapons. Tried a sticky/cluster bomb heavy bowgun but hated it. Way too slow for me.

Finally got the material to build a fantastic light bowgun. It has the Spare Shot ability built in, and has lightning and water rapid fire ammo. Super happy with this.

Played a little Chaos Legion today too.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

92What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:03 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I’m not exactly a fan of DMC2, but I don’t hate it. I find the hate to be overblown, just like the hate with RE6.

I’m juggling a few games right now. Doing a Claire S+ run on REmake2, waiting for the new mode to come out. Playing KH3 on and off, I’m having a hard time sticking with it. Doing some runs on MGS3, and going to do some challenge runs on ZoE2. Been playing random games on my SNES classic too.

I plan to play Wind Waker after I’m done with one of these other games. Next game I’m interested in is Left Alive, but I’m not fully convinced yet.

93What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:31 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Currently bouncing between Quantum Break and Dead cells, while I not so patiently wait for the Japanese release of LEFTALIVE on the 28th.

>Quantum Break - I am a huge Remedy fan, but this game being a console exclusive at release killed all hype at the time. Not to mention, the gameplay and story didn't look super interesting. Games like Singularity and TimeShift have done the time mechanics, both in gameplay and story, much better IMO. So far I am really enjoying it. It isn't worth more than $20 though. The pc port is kind of wack, and the game is painfully linear. Max Payne and especially Alan Wake really made you feel like you were in a huge living world, even if it was linear. There have been one or two rather big zones, but they had ZERO enemies. They also try to encourage you to move around the map while you fight, like the Uncharted games. So far, I haven't found a need to. I just stand right where I spawn, in every fight. The uncharted games gave you very strict ammo, especially on brutal. Uncharted on high difficulties FORCES you to move around, to get ammo. Quantum break just encourages you to move, and I never do. On the hardest stting it is like a light jog, strenuous enough to just be fun, nothing more. (I think it was the resident evil remake that described the difficulties as like walk, jog, etc.
I loved that.)
Side note- I want to make a topic for the Uncharted Collection Brutal difficulties. I would say it is one of the top 3 most difficult modern shooting games around.

>Dead Cells - This game is everything I wanted out of Rogue Legacy. The combat and movement or top tier. I haven't enjoyed the act of moving and jumping so much in a 2d action game since SOTN and more recently Mark of The Ninja. I highly recommend.

94What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:02 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Now it feels like I'll be playing Crimsonland PS4(currently doing) and the DMC5 demo for some time.

95What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> DMC2
It's a decent action title that is held back significantly by its name. I had a lot of fun playing it but an open-mind is required to get some enjoyment out of it.

> S+ runs
Still need to do this for LeonB and ClaireB. I'm a bit scared by how much faster you have to do it. Granted they are a tad quicker to run, but still, scares me a tad. I'm doing a kill-all run now, pretty fun. Boarding up the windows is too good if you don't mind backtracking.

> wind waker
Fantastic title.

> Quantum Break
Still on my list to play. Big fan of the studio like yourself.

> UC brutal
Beat them all on the setting, honestly I never liked the titles on that difficulty. Felt very forced difficulty through spongey enemies, low HP, weird spawns and wave-after-wave-after-wave fights. UC2 was a ton of fun though, the highlight of the series imo. By all means, make a topic. Been a while since I looked into those titles!

96What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I just realized that there was a conversation in this thread earlier about WW. Pretty funny.

>S+
I’m not even going for these anymore, I’ve lost interest in the game completely. I’ve moved on to other stuff. I do find it odd that the S+ requirement for 2nd run is 30 minutes shorter, yet the 1st run exclusive areas don’t take anywhere near that long.

Well, I’m basically back to playing stuff I always play. Saw some videos of VJ and booted that back up, even though I played it quite a bit recently. Started VR missions over on MGS2 as well and am doing some weird stuff on 3 at the moment. Also busted out the 360 and played a few levels of NG2, I plan to really stick with it.

97What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>UC Brutal
I didn't say they were good, or I necessarily like them on that difficulty.
I actually think the one before it is the sweet spot as far as most enjoyable on those games. But god damn for a modern shooter, they are tough. Gears insane doesn't come close. I really can't think of a third person shooter that is that hard. I just wish more games had options that hard, even if they are janky and an after thought. I just love knowing that challenge is there if I want it. Like evil within akumu, it is a mess, but most games would never put something like that in. Compare this to quantum break where hard mode feels like evil within's easy mode, I really respect the UC collection devs for trying something as nuts as brutal.

Sent from Topic'it App

98What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> S+
Can't blame you man. I am liking the game but only in bursts, playing it longer than an hour depresses me of what it could have been.

> VJ
Fantastic title. But I have to say I hate the live-system. Really wish it didn't have that, hell for practicing boss fights (especially the last one).

> UC Brutal
They were hard as hell, can't argue with that. UC1 made me pull out my hair at times. UC2 even more with it's 'tank' enemies that wore bodyarmor. Those guys tanked missiles for crying out loud. In terms of difficulty Vanquish and Max Payne 3 beat it imo, on their hardest setting. But only in a few select fights. UC2 on Brutal is just a constant 'oh god how did I die this time' fest.

99What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:38 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Hard Shit
Yes, Vanquish is definitely hard, it is right up there. I loaded up God Hard for kicks, fought the first boss for what felt like an hour and died. Zero checkpoints in that fight and I was done lol. But I would put that game more into an action game with shooting mechanics. Definitely in the top five modern shooting games in terms of difficulty.

Max payne 3 is hard, but I feel you need to impose self restrictions to put that game on the level of UC /Vanquish. I haven't seen a no damage UC or Vanquish hardest setting video, but have seen plenty of Max Payne 3 vids. Watching those really shows how exploitable Max Payne 3 is.
That being said all of those games are so good, man I miss third person shooters. That is why I am so excited for LEFTALIVE. I don't care about front mission, or the story. I am just excited for a new TPS especially coming out of Japan. I just hope the difficulty is there. They have been saying it is hard, so if there are harder modes, it could be really great.
I will have a topic for that as soon as the JP release drops on the 28th, someone has to talk about that game, there has been zero marketing. Hopefully it sells well enough in Japan to be successful, but it will bomb here. Reviewers will hate it, I could write a list of everything they will find wrong right now. Modern "game journalists" are so predictable in their hatred.

100What are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> no damage
There is one for UC4, but not sure about the others. I recall either Bick or Seraphim making a no-damage guide at one point but I'm not sure.

Granted that's not really a standard for difficulty imo, like you said. At least not quality difficulty. Call of Duty World At War is absolutely insane on the highest setting, but gets there by spawning grenades at your feat if you stand still for more than 2 seconds.

Another title that's pretty nuts on the highest setting is Spec Ops The Line, played that? They literally just upped the damage numbers, which led to a 'cinematic' moment in the game being completely random if you can survive it. Crysis also is pretty sweet, but that game is very well designed imo.

> Vanquish
I agree it plays like an action title with shooting mechanics, which is why it has such a big pull for me. Note that the boss dying so slowly is mostly a knowledge thing. If you know how to hurt him you can nuke him down really fast. Such a fantastic game though.

> journalists will hate it
Which only means that I will be very interested.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum