You are not connected. Please login or register

No More Heroes III

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No More Heroes III Empty No More Heroes III Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:17 am

Shinobu Jacobs confirmed rabbit

Is there anybody who is giddy about this? I am not sure I could pick up on the otaku-centered humour anymore.

I played both back then, Bitter Mode an' all. I found the boss characters and the music the most interesting bits. That's often more than enough for me to go with it. I found the "mid-game" (meaning the Santa Destroy map) severly lacking. Then it got skipped in DS and I kind of missed it. Strange.

2No More Heroes III Empty no more otaku, please, no more Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:52 pm

It's out. Even retail. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I might be ready.
That is I'm not expecting anything with finesse. What I am expecting is a rather "wild" mix of references and preferences, both retro and pop culture.
If I could just shake it enough to get some fun out of it, I will be appeased. I will have just to take the plunge, albeit I dread the cold waves of style over substance draining me.
Did you ever had the feeling that you wanted some plain fun? Did you ever had the feeling that you would choke on fan service?

*gulp*

3No More Heroes III Empty Re: No More Heroes III Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:45 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Haven't played this series yet, it's on "the list" but no idea when I'll get to it.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

4No More Heroes III Empty more rude girl action, please Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:18 pm

I wouldn't dare to tell you or anyone that you missed out. NMH is not a hidden gem or even in parts something to fawn over. No "series legacy". For me, it's simple: something I used to bop to, not sure how a break of a decade can improve it. And improvement is something I would welcome, no, rather expect, really. Though I had always had a feel of 8-bit arcade flavour with it in terms of simplicity and approach, it's clearly not from a golden age. No more PS2 pretense here, I can tell you that much. But DANG, those BGM soundtracks!

5No More Heroes III Empty Re: No More Heroes III Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:52 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Played the first one and didn't like anything about it.

Looks like the jobs are back. One of the things I hated.

Watched some boss fights and it doesn't look good. Could be wrong. Waiting for more info.

6No More Heroes III Empty Re: No More Heroes III Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:18 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Already played a similar game to it recently on Switch, so I'm out for now as well. (For reviewing purposes for action games this year, I will pick this up sometime after beating Metroid Dread.) Looks like you get first dibs here, Zenyn. There are some content cuts going from No More Heroes to No More Heroes 3 that I don't like.

7No More Heroes III Empty Re: No More Heroes III Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:09 pm

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

Pretty bad game, does some decent stuff in regards of combat over previous entries but takes a lot of step back in other departments. I havent seen a thread about this game before so I never bothered making one because it didn't feel worth making one. I'll make a more detailed post later on.

8No More Heroes III Empty laser beam to the neck Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Yes, please do. I would appreciate it. I don't watch youtubers. There just inclined to gain more views, no matter if their opinion is or isn't from an informed perspective and how the could damage any thing they cannot pigoenhole. 'tis easier to rant then not be heard at all. Few exemptions.
Some thumbnails for some "reviews", though. Rolling Eyes

9No More Heroes III Empty Re: No More Heroes III Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:06 pm

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

The good parts:

-4 skills adding more depth to the gameplay
-Regular mobs are designed to be a treat rather than fodder.
-You can fight bosses at any fight in any difficulty from your house
-Chips acting like equipment, can have 3 at most and they all offer bonuses.

The bad parts:
-No stages, just small rooms where you fight some mobs over and over until you can fight the boss
-Only 1 weapon
-No punches/kicks to build dizzy
-No skill chip variety
-Chips tied to Cooldown which means just spam them when you can
-Most bosses can be stunlocked by chips, the only alternative is shadowstep spamming like the other games except shadowstep is much less safe now.
-Regular mobs are a bigger threat but also feel really, really spongy and annoying at most times.
-No multiple wrestling moves
-5 difficulties and all they do is make mobs tankier and do more damage(apparently the game is balanced around the 2nd or 3rd easiest difficulty, go Suda).
-Everything about the overworld is a chore
-Having to do a stupid mingame everytime you find a new save point
-Overworld has nothing but some collectibles
-Collectibles also don't offer you anything worthwhile
-Minigames don't offer you anything worthwhile
-Craft system where you have to fight bosses over and over for drops(including stuff like rare 5% droprates on the highest setting)

Then there's also a million things to complain in regards of plot, direction, music, etc. There's some fun to be had with this game but I'll be lying if I said it isn't a disappointment ever for people with low expectations and no matter how much someone likes it, NMH3 is an objectively bad product(overworld framerate is terrible, animations clip everywhere, audio goes out of sync with subtitles, bugs, bugs, bugs).

10No More Heroes III Empty no more half-baked cakes Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:49 pm

Son of a bee-sting! Some of it got me dropping my jaw. Incredulous. Hoo boy! Maybe even waiting until a patch is available. Can't say I am surprised at this practise. Man, fun in modern video games is sure in high demand. bounce Buying on release sure makes one a sucker.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum