Infinity_Divide
hedfone
GodModeGOD
Royta/Raeng
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dead Spaces Empty Dead Spaces Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:18 am

OK.

I never played any, but I'm getting in a mood. I'll get a buzz between the lines from you lot, so here's the dedication topic. If you have something to say...

I think I'll check out the original game and see from there. I heard praise for the sequel, but catcalls for the 3rd.

2Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:54 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

First title is a good horror game with some neat concepts that, imo, outstays its welcome in terms of length, level variety, rehashing of jump-scares etc. Still one of the best opening moments in a video game for me though.

Dead Space 2 is an excellent evolution from what I remember. Dead Space 3 is a really fun co-op shooter, but I wouldn't recommend playing it solo, not a lot to it personally.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:42 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

I can't tell you a lot about DS3 (only played the demo and struggle to watch a full playthrough even for Any % speedruns). Went too far into Action while making it more proper guns versus humans in addition to designing combat scenarios for co-op almost entirely (while pulling microtransactions and DLC stuff to milk fans). The main appeal (if you're into that) would be building your own garbage weapon (a few hours of tinkering there perhaps) if not having someone to endure the lackluster entry with you.

DS2 had some creep towards Action, but sufficient Horror was maintained. The Survival aspect didn't have to endure 'universal ammo' or some bot to gather resources like an RTS either. A lot of decent improvements for the most part (some give-and-take with melee *better for most gameplay considerations, but superficially weaker as a trade-off*). Kinesis is mostly the same, but one new type was added (and was almost entirely the focus of the system *even gets to upgrade unlike the rest*) while explosives got a few new additions. Stasis got an alternate system, I believe (details allude me, but I think there was less at base while it gained a slow regen for non-use). Again, give-and-take (might have been better if this were a suit specific change). 'Guns' are improved (especially alts).

A lot more enemy types (still a pity about one dropped case), but arguable that bosses somehow became weaker overall (weren't a strongsuit to begin with). Probably inferior in feel to the first (same for the story, really). Extra mode is irrelevant (asymmetrical PvP of humans vs necros). Gimmick highest setting is mostly just the 'Hard' setting, but with limited save usage. Sadly, my intended run for this (following an Easy playthrough to burn through the layout, puzzles, etc. while getting an idea for enemy placement and tactics under no pressure) was mapped out and got around one-fifth into the game before another title distracted me (friends wanted to play it) and ProBoards nuked my notes (ending the appeal of getting back to it).

DS1 had no such misfortune. Friend played the first run through Easy (I'd already seen many playing the game) other than the rail-shooter (I did that for him). My first run was the 'Very Hard' No-Gun NUR+ only to have my file lost around a major gauntlet (last before the final chapter), so I had to re-do the run while trying to mimic the resources I had (including dragging items beyond carry limit into storage). Pain in the ass. Finished the run, at least. Still had to make small exceptions as with environmental bosses (just not designed for the conditions). Managed to stay true even against really bothersome encounters (Guardians without Class 4 *explosives* tended to be a real drag as Kinesis objects for delimb *Class 2* just aren't great and I didn't always have those either). Weird how weak Class 3 (blunt) objects were for damage, but how strong their hit property (knockback/stagger) was. No Class 5 (impale) in this entry, so taking limbs off certain foes wasn't nearly as effective as it ought to have been (still something to work with).

The reality with that entry is that the starting weapon is what the game is built around and is quite strong. The weakest choice would be something that doesn't delimb as with Flamethrower in DS1 (somehow more of a pain than going without a fire-arm at all). This even before considering how that version wouldn't work without air (which is a thing that happens when in a vacuum). You would think fire would be ultra effective for things inspired by xenomorphs, The Thing and zombies (all three tending to job to flames like pretty much all 'living' beings). No fear, barely any flinching, low damage, etc. Just not a recipe for success. Real damn shame. Couldn't even get a liquid version to be its own fuel source while coating the arena in the stuff (area denial, AoE, DoT, etc.) along with foes burning away until losing the affected area (having it spread along their body otherwise *not to mention contact with others potentially spreading it between them to really help with efficiency*). Class 3 (if not also stasis *can see an argument for how it should work against the flames*) should have helped set-up groups (aside from chokepoints) for mass spread and burning with little ammo being needed to do big damage. Potentially good for making them recoil, retreat, etc. (letting you run by as an alternative), but given what these things are, I suppose there shouldn't be a sense of self-preservation really. Just sucks for us that NONE of these enemies are subject to that (and I don't believe in DS3 ever got to the point of a 'true foe' that could have had such a thing *other than humans*). At least let it slow regen on a certain troublemaker.

4Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:48 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Very Hard' No-Gun NUR+

Can you explain your rules to this?

5Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:05 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>rules
Very Hard is obvious enough. The rest, however...

>No-Gun
Where not absolutely required (as in, not possible to progress without it), you must not fire a shot from any weapon. Railshooter is an obvious exception. Environmental bosses (Leviathan and Hivemind) are others. Every foe you face that can be skipped leaves the option, but perhaps you stick around to kill them for resources instead. Your call. Regenerator? Got to take it out without firing shots. That is to say, you must learn to beat Dead Space with Melee (Slap and Stomp), Kinesis, Stasis, friendly fire, enviro-hazards and 'the art of run'.

>NUR+
Because you don't just NOT need guns, you also don't need upgrades. Neither use of nodes to improve things you've got nor purchasing of superior rigs (for inventory, armor, etc.) is permitted. You start as Isaac as he is meant to be. You finish that way, too. Upon getting your Plasma Cutter for slapping, you're as armed as you're going to get (well, until you pick up stasis and kinesis).

NOTE: It was the same run for DS2, but I noted myself getting distracted. Damn shame. Had pretty great plans for how I would tackle each spot, too. I remember being especially proud of the Ishimura return, but the details of what I'd do are now lost to time. Hell, almost all of my coverage for the DS1 run got lost, too. I think only the last two chapters have preserved coverage.

6Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:18 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Very Hard' No-Gun NUR+

I would love to see videos of this it sounds insane. The areas with the dark necros in particular. Maybe I just don't know how to run past or despawn them.

7Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:39 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>would love to see videos of this
A terrible shame your wish cannot be granted. However, there are some with similar such content.

Went over some no-gun stuff with this fellow (has a few videos showing the sort of work I did): https://www.youtube.com/user/gesphenst/videos

I spoke with this chap about his Flamethrower focused run (not sure what else *apparently I left comments on some videos as with his Hard Core playthrough in DS2*): https://www.youtube.com/c/Wolfwood824/videos

Farizle renamed himself (and apparently he was also "Browner"), so I had a hard time finding him, but he has some work relevant to what you seek, too: https://www.youtube.com/user/br0wner/videos

Wolfwood has some good stuff, but for the most relevant content, Gesphenst has a few samples of what I'm talking about before you go into full playthroughs through 'Farhan Q'. Enjoy at your leisure. As noted, I can be found in the comments oftentimes as "BigVEE". Often I'll just comment on how things are going in the run, but also sometimes with what I would have done (or my own plans like with DS2).

This is your best bet for learning what I used to know (and seeing some of what my run concerns). Yes, seems you got lucky. I didn't expect this much to still be around on YT. I'm sure there is a person or so I'm forgetting, but whatever. I know I helped 'John' (WikiGameGuides among other names) with tidbits on their site (for DS1 and DS2), but my full write-ups won't be there. Not sure what I would have said on their videos (remember mostly speaking with them in private). By the looks of it, NGG is indeed done (and much of what I helped them with is gone, too). People like to think the internet is permanent. It is not. I am often reminded of its transience.

>dark necros
The 'super' boys? Quite a lot of those. Which one did you have in mind from which entry?

>how to run by or despawn
Or...? These are not necessarily the only options. I've slapped such foes to death. Stomped them, too. Kinesis'd as well. Be it to death or into a hazard. Speaking of such things, having them run into (or get slapped into) gravity wells warms my heart (just as deadly lasers chopping them apart would *while filling me with sadness that Isaac failed to rig up a weapon using those fucking things). So too does slowing them down to go to town. It will depend on which type of necro you're talking about, of course.

In my run it is was NOT a rule that I don't use items, I just didn't care to (restricted, but not prohibited). The time I best recall having to splurge was in DS1. Lurkers were firing upon me while I was trapped in some shitty tram. I didn't have a great way to attack or defend in that situation, so I would move around to minimize hits taken and guzzle med packs. Didn't feel like messing around to find a better way to go about it. I was so conservative elsewhere, I felt like I deserved to be liberal for a bit.

8Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Tue May 11, 2021 4:43 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Modern Capcom could take some notes from Dead Space 2(since they clearly want to ignore everything great about Mikami-era RE).

9Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:38 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Remake's happening.

Not dissing the studio or developers, but this game's always gonna have the looming spectre of EA dismantling Visceral Games hanging over it.

And man, we're seriously regularly remaking 7th-gen games now? I swear, the attitude that the industry has towards game preservation and remakes baffles me. Imagine if we had the same attitude towards movies, and music. "Who cares if Friday the 13th 1980 isn't available, there's the 2009 remake!", "Who cares that Bonded by Blood isn't available, there's the re-recording Let There Be Blood!" or 'One of our most popular albums from the 80s cannot be obtained, or streamed legally!"

10Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:14 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

This is a really, really weird thing for me. I loved the first game, but ... this is wack. They killed the studio like what, 3 years back? And now suddenly they will remake it? The whole point of them axing the game was that it didn't see well right? Maybe the success of RE2make and RE8 swayed them?

I'm really at a loss of words. If it was a new title, sure, but a remake? The game's - checks - okay damn 13 years old. Did not expect that. Still, game needs a remake as bad as freak'n RE4 does.

> remaking 7th gen games
Demon's Souls beat them to it.

11Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:40 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Doesn't need a remake.

I guess it will be all different like RE2 and 3.

I don't trust new stuff anymore so I have no interest right now.

12Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:33 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

> RE2make

Probably.

> Demon's Souls

Yeah, I remembered that one. That's why I corrected it to "regularly".

For what it's worth, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here; Dead Space's gameplay is a lot more "modern", so to speak. Y'know, over-the-shoulder camera, and being able to move while shooting; So there's less to change, in that respect.

13Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:58 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I find Dead Space 1 hard to go back to after 2. Dropped my Impossible run about half way through because I was just bored. Hit reactions are bad, melee feels bad, still a good game, but 2 is better in every way. Other than atmosphere. So if this plays closer to 2, I will be happy, sort of like Twin Snakes.

...But let's be real, it will be ass, and we ALL know it.

14Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:26 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here

That's what I used to say. I don't say it anymore.

15Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:41 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Not only is 2 better in every single way imaginable as hedfone pointed out, hard pass because fuck EA. Won’t ever touch this.

16Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:42 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I mean with games like this it's just generally "damned if you do, damned if you don't". The only way to improve upon the original is to deal with its problems head on i.e. the bad hit reactions, extremely lackluster horror (just jumpscares), under developed hunting system through the vents (dropped for technical reasons), lack of level variation etc. etc. But to tackle that, they'd have to rework the game on a pretty big level which of course means "it isn't true to the original, fuck this game". But if they just make the same game, again, but more pretty and worse mechanically (as we know it always goes) then it's also bad.

Why do they do this to themselves? Just make a new fucking game..

17Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:14 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

> Damned if you do, Damned if you don't
Only played Dead Space 3 (I know, I know) but just chiming in to say I totally agree. I read the description for the game before and it says something like "improving gameplay while staying true to the original" and my first thought was that if you're "improving gameplay" (which is subjective anyway), then you're diverting away from the original...which is the game that the fans were passionate about. If it's too similar to the original you can ask "does it even need remaking?" and if it's different you can complain and say it's not the game you remember. Fully expect that we'll be having similar conversations about REmake4 when we know more about that.

Just increase the resolution, re-do the textures, use higher quality sound assets if the source files are still available and charge a reasonable price for what is an old-gen game that you've probably already bought. That's all I'd want from a re-release.

18Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:15 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Years ago I got a free Origin copy and I've just decided to play it. For now (Chapter 4, Hard Mode) it seems a decent tps. Plasma Cutter, Line Gun and Pulse Rifle are the weapons I'm using and they do their job pretty well. Pulse Rifle's damage seems low without some upgrades, I find it more useful as a substitute at the moment. Stasis is great with melee or ranged attacks and I should experiment more with Kinesis. I think janky hit detections are the worst part but I'm hooked even if some mechanics are more basic than in other competitors.

Is Dead Space 2 a big improvement like ZoE2 over its predecessor?

19Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:36 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

2 is a massive improvement over 1 imo. Better hit reactions, more and better weapons, more enemies with higher aggression, more varied and clever encounters, better pacing, more difficulty options, much improved melee, overall way more satisfying “game feel”, Isaac actually talks, etc. Literally went from a solid game, to an amazing one, just like ZoE as you said.

20Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:41 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I can't comment on it, but from what I know DS2 is a significant upgrade. I only played DS1 and I enjoyed it for what it's worth. I felt it had a great idea and setup, but also felt it dragged on way too long and devolved into "fire big yellow thing" with a lot of the core combat becoming repetative for me. Also didn't like the constant "the doors locked, time to find a key to the door with the key that has the key with the door's key" if you catch my drift.

21Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:38 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Infinity_Divide wrote:2 is a massive improvement over 1 imo. Better hit reactions, more and better weapons, more enemies with higher aggression, more varied and clever encounters, better pacing, more difficulty options, much improved melee, overall way more satisfying “game feel”, Isaac actually talks, etc. Literally went from a solid game, to an amazing one, just like ZoE as you said.

It's good to hear, the potential is there and it's fortunately more developed in the sequel. By the way, are there any other "powers" aside Stasis and Kinesis in DS2?

Royta/Raeng wrote:I can't comment on it, but from what I know DS2 is a significant upgrade. I only played DS1 and I enjoyed it for what it's worth. I felt it had a great idea and setup, but also felt it dragged on way too long and devolved into "fire big yellow thing" with a lot of the core combat becoming repetative for me. Also didn't like the constant "the doors locked, time to find a key to the door with the key that has the key with the door's key" if you catch my drift.

Level design is good for 5 chapters but it could become a bit repetitive in the second half if they don't mix things up. Zero gravity sections and the turret one aren't what I mean. About doors and keys you are right but it's a problem that you can find in a lot of games. At least in Dead Space you have a map and a gps (!) so you can proceed without excessive tediousness.

22Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:40 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah it's mostly what I recall, I haven't touched the game in at least 5-10 years I think. I just recall that it starts off absolutely stellar, but later-on it really drags on for me.

23Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:58 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>are there any other "powers" aside Stasis and Kinesis in DS2?

There is an addition to Kinesis that is really awesome. You can rip enemies limbs off and impale others with them, this is very high damage and a one hit kill on the normal guys.
There is a really cool rythm of kill one guy, then going on an impale chain for everyone else.
It is a bit over powered, but absolutely awesome.

There is some really cool weapons in 2 and they are more useful. A lot of guns in DS1 are like half finished, and not worth it.

24Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:30 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

hedfone wrote:There is an addition to Kinesis that is really awesome. You can rip enemies limbs off and impale others with them, this is very high damage and a one hit kill on the normal guys.
There is a really cool rythm of kill one guy, then going on an impale chain for everyone else.
It is a bit over powered, but absolutely awesome.

There is some really cool weapons in 2 and they are more useful. A lot of guns in DS1 are like half finished, and not worth it.

Interesting, Kinesis has some good applications in DS1 but Stasis is much more useful for the vast majority of time.

I see many DLCs for DS1-2, are they worth it? How are the spin-off games (Ignition and Extraction)?

25Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:47 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>are they worth it? How are the spin-off games (Ignition and Extraction)?

Haven't touched any of that stuff. Extraction looks cool though.

26Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I forget which one is the original lightgun shooter on the Wii, that one was fantastic, but only in co-op with motion controls imo. Tried playing it later with a controller and it wasn't my jam.

27Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:57 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

28Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:49 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

And so it begins.

I kind of hope they are just talking about some of the more on-rail sections, like the parts where you're grabbed by your leg and are on a lame railshooter for a bit, a removal of the asteroid shooting game or retweaking of certain bosses/encounters.

The realist in me thinks this will straight up mean removal of content since "making games is hard work".

29Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:58 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

What on earth is the definition of modern? What in Dead Space is not 'relevant' to this modern audience?

Dead Space doesn't have anything for the outrage cultists. Easy modes can be added for those who hate games.

>rail shooter and grab scenes
Let's say modern means PS4 era. Recent stuff. Are there no such segments in any games in this era?

30Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:27 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Remake gameplay trailer's dropped.

31Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:10 am

Memes of Monsoon

Memes of Monsoon
D-Rank

looks identical to the original. Graphics aren't impressing me too much. I'm not a fan of the original so this seems uninteresting to me.

32Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:30 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Not seeing any red flags for now.

33Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:30 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It looks pretty much identical, in terms of style etc. Actually if you'd shown this to me and said it was the original I'd have believed you probably, since it reallly looks like the way it looks in my head if that makes any sense.

Not toooooo excited about Isaac been given a voice. They did this in DS2 and 3 as well, but always prefered him be silent, fitted the atmosphere much more. Bit afraid the lonely scary bits will constantly be interjected with "Come on Isaac, hold it together" type of talk.

This is the kind of remake though where I think...why? Why do this? Just port the game over, make a few graphical updates, enhance the lighting, some practical effects/smoke and call it a day. I mean it's not like this is some arcane game from a long lost system.

34Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:16 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

It's unnecessary but I will definitely play this anyway. Dead Space 1(and especially 2) are part of that group of games from the 7th gen that had a big budget that somehow managed to be great mechanically without much bullshit.

I could be wrong but I thought I read they were adding some things from DS2, like more weapons or whatever. If that's the case, then I'm definitely on board. At least I know this will be faithful to the original and not be whatever the hell RE4R will be...

35Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:36 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

DS1:R caught my attention only shortly before release. Talk of maybe putting back in some dropped content, altering weaker elements of DS1 to be like DS2 (as with Zero-G), replacing ADS (still need to see if Slug became a real fight or if their solution for the rocks is the same for that boss with no option to face it more normally), new extras, rebalancing, etc. Some interesting choices here and there (pretty positive going into release). Not so positive when I see a bunch of leftists nonsense just tossed into the background.

A fine thing I didn't buy the game or I'd be pretty mad about such a stunt even if everything else was stellar. I'll have a chance to see the rest of the game played through more in time. I have moderate interest in their system for RNG events that don't have to happen in a given playthrough (allowing for repeat play even in New Game) to differ from player to player (though it might be within your control in some regards depending on how it was set-up).

Early impression is that the 'peeling' system added is mostly QoL in nature (making it more clear on models without need of an HP bar) about how near you are to taking limbs off be it by blasting, cutting, burning or otherwise removing the flesh to reveal the bone beneath. I've yet to see someone catch a Spitter glob, but I doubt that got removed (their new design isn't as good, but I do like it being more clear they are Female Slashers with this ability). I've seen stasis canisters (class 4), but no signs of 'thrusters'. Vent fans may well be class 5 this time, which would be a pretty huge upgrade in terms of one-time use, but a big downgrade for repeat application (think they were class 2 before). Still not convinced TK beyond impale get any sort of option to buff with upgrading (and upgrades to TK will no doubt fail even with a DLC MAX to pick up so much as a small beat-up still living foe to TK around).

Stasis seems nerfed from the OG (needing more upgrading to get back what we had *not sure if we can surpass it at MAX*) without the regen of DS2 (still have stations and packs, at least). The canisters can only do so much. Seems a waste we might have fully lost the 3D model/map as an option (pure 2D now) owing mostly to this one-shot, seem-less, no-loading business (tram as a fast travel tool instead of chapter bookend thing). Not having ANY fights on the Tram seems like a waste (same for vents *really want the Flytrap to make it in, but I know it won't*). Also, why can't I TK pods (not quite Cysts, but whatever) or swarm, even? The former from Guardians (whom I'm sure still won't let you just finesse them or delimb their decap tentacle) would be just lovely to use against them (if only catching them when spat out and not yet touching the floor).

Flamethrower seems better than before (with one secondary being a fire wall taken out of Diablo 1 *though I'm not yet sure it will act like an invisible wall keeping foes at bay versus them just running through like it isn't there...and being able to burn us if trotting through*). Haven't seen if it is full DS2 with oxidizer added (as the model we had in DS1 should have had already if only via an optional upgrade *not having this by default and lacking delimb really should have made it super strong direct DMG from base, just that you need nodes at the bench for neat utility stuff like the fire spreading, sticking to surfaces, superior duration for the DoT, making Necros flail when burning, having opps afraid to approach fire, etc.*). This to enable use in a vacuum.

Wheezers...I saw a troublesome clip where it looked like they just let us (if not force us) do a CS finisher on them. I wouldn't be super happy with that decision, frankly. I don't necessarily need them to be mobile threats (yet), but it seems a waste as is. The 'poison' (toxin) should job to fire, anyway. Burn it all away (like the corruption of Leviathan). Being kek'd by it like you're in a true no o2 bit is dumb. Even humoring this, just nerf our range, duration, DMG, etc. Don't fully cut us off even with base (save that for truly hazardous conditions you can opt out of via their new use of the battery circuit breakers *pick between losing lights, air, power to interactibles, etc.*). Speaking of, reasonably sure I saw the battery locked into place when stuck in, which wouldn't be great (as I'd like the option to pull the plug whenever I see fit *and want to use it as a Class 3 object*).

Balance with so many objects upgraded to Class 5 is going to be very different. I bet we STILL can't TK the darts of Lurkers (nor even their severed tentacles). Angers me. No Pukers, I'm sure. Probably no Nest, but one can hope. I'd like to think more things will show up in Zero-G, but it might still just be all Leapers and Lurkers, which would make things far less interesting. Thought I saw gravity panels working different, which I'm not feeling. Multiple alt fires (at least for some tools). While I don't like the original Pulse Rifle option, it should still exist (just buffed). The new one is just a grenade. I'd rather it were a bootleg Detonator (from DS2). Full on-trip mine. Instead, they've got a DS3-esque trip wire (cool as it is) seemingly replacing the timed mine of Line Gun (should have the option to pick this, let it attach to walls *at least in Zero-G* and make it so we can TK the orb to toss it with trick shots *would be wanting that for a lot of things*).

Flamer's fire wall is swell, but it would be something of a shame to not also have the firepool (old secondary). Not sure why the Contact Beam primary was made the secondary (doubt you can get the floor blast let alone the OP stasis version of DS2, but you never know), but the new primary is sort of a sustained beam (not sure how good it is yet). Force Gun, Flamethrower and Pulse Rifle (if not also Contact Beam) could very easily just be tools about 'peeling' (not so much delimbing). I'm more of the opinion the flammenwerfer should be doing more than this (like destroying corpses so an Infector can't do its thing *nice they can be torn to bits unlike before*, slowing Twitchers as a counter to their malfunctioned stasis and even slowing regen of Not-Hunter). Losing 'peeling' value too in exchange for all the gimmicks noted would be to my liking. I sure hope it has the range (with upgrading, at least) and bugs fixed (DoT can lead to no weakpoints left to destroy when upside down *so you just have to die*) to better deal with Hivemind.

Don't really care for Plasma Cutter having a taste of DoT belonging to said weapon that should be tops for our foes (given they're zombie aliens inspired by a bunch of sources jobbing to fire). Ripper alt. fire seems really suspect (bouncing around types can easily underwhelm). Think I've seen the DS2 slap with angling vertically. Nodes don't open secret doors now. It is about 'clearance', which appears totally about progression (and backtracking). Side-missions are added. Schematics seem mostly for things to buy at the store, but not for weapons (found as you go, but I don't know if they're forced just yet *should be missables*). I've seen the Foam Finger of DS2 returned, but no signs yet of "Hard Core" (gimmick mode with limited saves that restarts you upon death until reloading). Should have that as an alt.H along with maybe other challenges to opt in for (with rewards). Feats, too (fast clear, build up a ton of resources, all kills, minimal kills, no DMG, X tool ONLY, no store, no bench, etc.).

Another gimmick mode could go the DMC route. Heaven or Hell (alt. VH). Then there is Hell or Hell (alt. H again). Perhaps the DOOM route with Nightmare (foes attack even more frequently *to the point of absurdity* and respawn on a timer *though I still think it should have been only via Archvile that gib'd foes could be brought back to give the otherwise cosmetic feature a mechanical value if only in this mode while on lower modes it would prevent rez from the Archvile so it has merit more generally to overkill, go full Brutal Doom destroying bodies and even pull a DOUK NOUK KEM by letting crushers or doors compact fools since hazards maybe don't get enough love in the franchise*). As before, we definitely should have taken the laser surgery thing as a weapon (oversight), but beyond that how is it Isaac overlooks the gravity wells? Force Gun has a secondary to pull things in, but no weapon (that I know of) gets to create such a hazard (even if temporary). Shame.

Another pity? I doubt the flamethrower gets infinite range and an altered look in Zero-G environments. Cooking the guts of a Pregnant before even killing it would be cool. XBOX crates should be upgraded to look like the Series X (maybe toss in the odd PS5, Switcharoo *or whatever*, copies of DS3, etc.). Still see no objects during dragger bits (lame for No-Gun). No way to upgrade melee (and probably not even with NG+ DLC MAX). An 'overcharge' (causing cooldown) for stasis and kinesis could be neat in exchange for a much more potent version of the normal thing. That's probably enough for now regarding pre-release things (may have forgotten to list off a bit, but whatever). Any of you lot have thoughts to share? I think they're getting too much credit for mostly taking improvements from DS2 and slipping them into DS1. To think they can really add to DS2 is probably overly optimistic (let alone redo DS3 as if it never happened). DS2:R seems really likely should this sell well (it just might with how weak things are).

I'm not super bothered about Isaac having VA work in DS1 now or his new look (reminds of Doomguy a bit) though I don't see a reason to have changed the latter at all. Nicole being a hag is pretty shit (I don't care if the actress looks like that, de-age her and alter the face to be more in-line with the original). The new crew is pretty crap, too (vastly preferred my Jason X officer as Hammond). I'd heard there is a secret ending, but haven't gotten around to viewing it yet (nor learning the conditions). Think the new costumes are all pure cosmetics (no special bonuses, which doesn't really do much for me *could have done a better job for the look of a few, too*). A photo mode might have been fun if only for NG+ (trying to keep New Game pure). Hear you can't pause like we could before. Would be good for NG+ if only via Photo Mode (which would be cool for making custom thumbnails for saves at the very least).

36Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:23 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Not so positive when I see a bunch of leftists nonsense just tossed into the background.
What did they do?

37Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:55 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

>Not so positive when I see a bunch of leftists nonsense just tossed into the background.
You're better than this GMG. That little scribble you're no doubt refering to was also in the original.

38Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:35 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Is this about the bathroom signs? I never noticed them in the original.

39Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:28 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>better than this
Better at tolerating leftist antics? Not at all. I'm far, far worse than you're imagining. The advocacy for 'bankers' role belongs to Hotel. Perhaps I'm being confused for him. My disdain for such scum is something you're not familiar with, I imagine. It is something I like teaching to others, too (not just vidya, DB, etc.). Get cute and get NOTHING. Mind you, it isn't like I bought a PS5 (or intend to get one). They opted to also make this current gen ONLY, so that's another questionable call for a minor remake (step above remastering).

I'm not even forgiving for small affronts like the monkeyshines of SSM with GoW:A. Nu-GoW wasn't getting any mercy even before Raggy. Neither of those were really touching on heavier matters (of values). Just issues concerning gameplay, design, etc. EA were bitch-made for slipping this weak shit in. Still bitter about being spanked for their foolishness with DS3 (trying to rape fans harder than SSM dared to try).

>little scribble
What's all this?

>bathroom signs
One of the charmers.

---

NOTE: Wasn't finished, but this is what I had so far. Don't want to up and lose what I've noted thus far, so I'll just submit what I've got.

Seems VH was replaced with a gimmick (Hard Core Plus *would prefer a version where save spots require nodes to use and there are less that are working in a given run as a better imitation of RE style typewriters*). Is H the new VH or is VH just gone now? I sort of wonder if Necros job harder to melee now (I've seen a lot of people just slapping at Slasher types and I'm not sure I've seen any even attempt to block). Definitely some AI adjustments with Lurkers seemingly never going for their grab and sometimes just rushing in to slap you. Brute with all limbs can be pretty easily baited to spit Class 4 objects, which is another thing that could make H No-Gun NUR+ much easier than the OG version with VH. Class 3 objects...I've seen times where they do nothing at all, two-shot a brute...but never the thing they were known for (knocking foes back *flat on their ass*).

Gravity Wells are now Electric Panels that go on and off (sometimes foes stupidly wander into them). Flamethrower still jobs to vacuums (need more time to see if any special upgrade can fix this). Sort of get the impression you need certain rig levels to see the full upgrade maps (aside from acquiring special upgrades to apply nodes at the bench). Just one secondary per gun. Special upgrades are passives added to the weapon. Line Gun's laser trip seems to work best when attached to TK objects you can point at targets (better still if you can see, but it also keeps foes at a distance). Because a very effective killing tool. Saw a low upgrade Force Gun fourshot a Guardian and get VERY damn close before triggering the beheading (which doesn't so effectively prevent skipping them as in the past). Balancing of one dragger tentacle looks suspect (seems like it would be a problem for low dps tools on H). Doesn't seem like Lurker tentacles or Leaper stingers are Class 5. Pods job to stomps pretty readily.

As you would expect, each Slasher, Twitcher, Pregnant, Spitter, etc. providing Class 5 objects greatly decreases the difficulty. Zero-G helps things out, but failing to do more on the enemy variety front for it was a mistake (almost exclusively Leapers and Lurkers in said bits). Still can't pull a stunt like turning off and on gravity to play Necros (especially those not suited to it). Still no jettisoning of them into space while alive (obviously no TK of the still living even on the level of Swarmers). Would be awesome to have a Guardian in Zero-G by a vacuum where you can damage a 'growth' or so on the wall that holds the section the thing is fused to...to the TK object it is attached to *creating a case where you can just Kinesis one of these bothers and hurl it even into space if you so wish*). Where is the Nest? Why not add that in? Stalkers can't work for lack of the livestock they're made from. Crawlers have as much legitimacy as Lurkers. Pack not so much. Why not Cysts? I'm still not seeing much working of full Dividers (more of their parts). Nothing with vents, really.

NOTE: A suit treating the WHOLE game as Zero-G would be neat. Possibly another with MAX'd air, but has to deal with that mechanic at all times. Another still with DS2 regen for stasis (MAX'd), but no access to stasis stations. Fun ways to mix it up.

Saw a clip with a 'code' (melee in a specific ritual circle) to hear an Easter Egg log. Still need to see the extra ending. Protection of Nicole seems nerfed. Not feeling like there are a lot of 'armored' cases (not sure I've seen any Enhanced ones, either). Doesn't seem like the cut Flytrap made it in. No Pukers, but I've still yet to see anyone testing TK properly on enemy projectiles *surely we can still send back Spitter globs though maybe not Lurker shots*). Might need lvl3+ rig for Kinesis RNG upgrades (and Stasis AoE). lvl5 for TK DMG? I ain't seeing nothing on display from the Ripper's secondary that is worth a damn. Divider parts just seem like a joke (able to stomp freely). Enhanced aren't as black as before. I guess they didn't want dark complexion to be a bad thing (silly). Starting to look like the side-missions are all one big singular case (probably leading to the secret ending). Heard talk of frame rate cap breaking leading to faster Necros. Sounds good to me. PC kiddies doing this dumb shit get what they've got coming to 'em. Plasma Cutter has a LATE upgrade where its melee can knock enemies around. What is this ridiculous favoritism?

NOTE: Slug was replaced by Leviathan (second round). This time you guide the ADS cannons at it. Not good enough to fight without them. Pity.

40Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:58 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>log out wiped my message draft
That's a pretty big piss off (annoying enough that it happens at all). At least there wasn't as much as I had before (sent that early). Still pisses me off. Should have just sent it and used edits.

41Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:33 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I played this(Dead Space Reamke) for holloween season, and I cleared it at 10/31 as I planed! It was enjoyable and I mostly agree with "GodModeGod" on weapons, so I wanna add another things.

This game TOO DARK! Original Dead space 1 (I bought it yesterday and played till ch2 for comparison, lol) is also dark, but they are distinguishible without flashlight. This game is not like that. You barely see things even in high contrast option. And plus of that, this game didn`t make land marks, rough maps on the wall, even nor distinctive color for each sections. I know that Ishimura is not that colorful, but it is hard to tell where I am except for vegetation section. So I just used navigation function and trams not for lost in places. It was a bit dissapointing because there was a potential, like the elements that you can actually travel all sectors on your own foots, and sidemissions and securty level cardkeys!

Plus, Thanks for god`s sake, The hitbox for stomping is larger than original. As I wrote, I played original for comparison after beating this game, and Stomping is not reliable when you are on a steep place in original.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

42Dead Spaces Empty Re: Dead Spaces Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:00 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Played it a bit too since it's on gamepass and was thinking the same: I do not remember it being this dark. Like being dark is fine, but it's really hard to tell anything from everything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum