You are not connected. Please login or register

Dead or Alive 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dead or Alive 6 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:37 am

Few interesting notes about the game are how it will tone down the T&A in favor of gameplay; note that DoA5 said this as well and ended up getting over 500 bucks of half naked costume DLC. Other notes are that Ryu got a special redesign by Ninja Gaiden's staff for this game. Either that's a hint that they are working on a new Ninja Gaiden game, or it is the final nail in the coffin that they have to make a new design for Ryu in this game because Ninja Gaiden is dead.

Really interested in this title though. Dead or Alive was always my favorite fighter.

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

2 Re: Dead or Alive 6 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:30 am

Birdman

how it will tone down the T&A in favor of gameplay
Weird. What does that have to do with gameplay? Do they mean they will limit DLC, or are the females less skimpy this time? I noticed the only skin I can see on Kasumi is her face now.

The only DoA I spent time on was 2. Played 5 a little but just didn't end up getting into it.

View user profile

3 Re: Dead or Alive 6 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:24 am

They meant that they will be less skimpily dressed and the jiggle physics will be more realistic this time around. The new director is a big fighting game and DOA fan, but mostly about the combat - he doesn't care about the tits.

4 Re: Dead or Alive 6 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:26 pm

I have a hard time believing they'll stick to the toned down sex appeal stuff, considering they're actively supporting Venus Vacation and because like it or not, a giant portion of the fan base is in love with DOA's T+A. I give it a month before they start putting out swimsuit DLC.
[tiddies]

Interesting about the Ryu redesign, but I don't think he really looks all that different. I wouldn't take it as an indicator of NG4, but hey, you never know.

Anyway since I'm not a huge DOA fan I can't say a whole lot on the game play side other than, "it looks pretty tight." One thing that sounds worrisome is the director talked about just having one button you have to press for stylish moves (auto-combo button?) That sounds like it could be really bad, but I'll wait until June 11 before casting judgement on that.

View user profile

5 Re: Dead or Alive 6 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:34 pm

Yeah I'm skeptical as well. The original DoA5 as noted, was also toned down. And it ended up in hilarity. But with most costumes being banned at tournaments (no joke), and them wanting to make it E-sportsable (which kind of disgusts me, but whatever). 

Interesting about the Ryu redesign, but I don't think he really looks all that different. I wouldn't take it as an indicator of NG4, but hey, you never know.
I always found it funny how he got a complete redesign with each game, yet pretty much looked exactly the same.

6 Re: Dead or Alive 6 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:04 am

Did some more digging into the mechanics, it is looking pretty sweet. The Auto Combo is basically a man's best friend, and worst enemy. It is a single button pressed four times that gives a super flashy move, but there's a single Hold button dedicated to countering it. So no guessing if it is mid, low or high, or a kick or a punch; you can easily counter it. This way it allows casuals to just mash a bit of fun out of it, but pros will probably wreck people abusing it.

Also noted that the game suddenly has super-meter, which you now need to use to break out of combos with Holds I think.

7 Re: Dead or Alive 6 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Sexy Stuff
Appealing to the EVO crowd is a terrible move considering almost none of them play DOA. I have a feeling TN is just saying this for nice publicity, then they'll do a 180 later on when everything has died down. Got to get those brownie points with the western journos first after all.

Ryu Re-design
Yeah the only time he really had a significant outfit change was NG3, which I didn't really like. I liked the look of his silver crown thing better in 1+2. It looked a bit more magnificent haha. Also, if there is a NG4, I also hope his mask isn't taken off at all. I hated how he took it off every two seconds in that game. It's cooler when he's just a mysterious ninja.

Mechanics
That's pretty much what I figured. Allows casuals to have fun, but if you try to take it online or in tournaments you'll get absolutely stomped, just like DBFZ from what I've heard.

View user profile

8 Re: Dead or Alive 6 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:23 pm

So apparently the director confirmed the return of jiggle physics, classic costumes, and DLC stuff down the line lol Is anyone surprised? Nope.

View user profile

9 Re: Dead or Alive 6 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:08 pm

Well, that didn't take long...

10 Re: Dead or Alive 6 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:41 am

Birdman

Not surprised by the DLC thing. Scamco Koei at their finest.

Was it though that there would be no jiggle? I haven't been following DOA6 at all.

I know SC6 seems to be lacking it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum