Nadster
Infinity_Divide
Birdman
Dark_Blood_NG
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

101Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:44 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I honestly wouldn't count on it. That said, it is a minor - very minor - issue that most players will never ever notice and it is still better than what the X360 version offered.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

102Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Please tell me Gigadeath is the worst boss in the series. Because holy hell, did someone sneak that in without Itagaki seeing or something? Was it Hayashi, salty about Ita's comments of Sigma? Haha

edit: If you haven't seen this video, it is great
http://www.mtv.com/news/2456109/how-to-say-ninja-gaiden-the-right-way-from-itagaki-san-himself/

103Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Gigadeath isn't the worst boss in the series in my opinion, but he's really hard and different which can be infuriating. The worse bosses (Worm comes to mind) tend to still be pretty easy.

For Gigadeath you'll want to make headshots with the bow while also keeping a Ninpo or charged 360UT (lunar) ready for if he does some insane bullshit. Dodging towards him (at his side) is the best option if he goes ham, but it isn't fullproof. Note that if he 'dies' he'll do all his attacks at once in a final attempt to kill you so be warned.

Here's a decent run at the boss by an old player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkK9iHYS3uI

But yeah, it isn't a good boss. Really, it's an NES boss fight in my eyes. Really oldsk00l difficulty (unfair as hell).

104Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:21 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Unfortunately I am getting dropped dodge inputs when holding block. I believe it is the shitty dead-zone on my old controller. I noticed if you barely press left stick, Ryu will start slowly turning and can no longer take the dodge input in that direction. So I assume the drift is causing him to turn, negating the dodge or something? The camera and bow aiming have had drift, but I have been putting up with it.

Either way I can't play until I get a new one. That super sucks because I am getting good enough now to have a ton a fun styling on Ninjas, and the ranged stuff is all I hate and am struggling with.

I wonder if this is the similar cause of the ONE dropped inputs, or does that drop button inputs as well?

105Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:33 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ninja Gaiden II has a very - very sensative left-stick for whatever reason. If your controller is even 1% busted you won't notice it on any games except NGII which demands perfection apparently. I know exactly what you mean. Only resolution is buying a new one sadly. You can try resetting it to factory default though, might help. But I had this exact same problem before.

On the Xbox One it doesn't have anything to do with that sadly. It will just randomly drop if getting to much inputs or something, it is really hard to describe. The One only drops directional inputs (stick related).

On another note, glad to hear you're slowly getting comfortable! Prepare to have it taken away from you after Chapter 4 though as the game likes to switch up enemy types, Chapter 5 has some pretty cool new 'default' enemies. About the ranged stuff, gotta get used to it and find ways of dealing with it. It won't go away (in fact, it will get worse, much worse).

106Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:54 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Yeah my controller is about 35% busted haha. I remember a river with towers and ranged guys shooting me from every angle when I played at launch. I know what is to come Crying or Very sad.
Hopefully the new controller helps the aiming, that has been an issue too with the drift. The ranged stuff isn't really "hard" on warrior, I just get hit a bunch. I am so trained to play in as close to no damage as possible, but I know that isn't what this game is about. I have been using more items and ninpo to have more fun, because I had been restricting myself. They give you a lot of ninpo on warrior.
Got Master Ninja rank on chapter 3 for what that is worth lol

107Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:29 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

You get red/blue/yellow orbs if you kill an enemy normally, if you use UTs or OTs you can only get yellow essence, so it pays to sometimes go for a regular kill. More Ninpo to spend!

108Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:44 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Oh nice! I was just talking about chests. But yeah that gives me a reason to actually combo down fools. That adds even more economy depth. This game man, you can learn it forever. I don't know if I will ever do Master Ninja, but I plan on spending a lot of time in Mentor mode.

109Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:03 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

What causes these dropped inputs? You said they don't happen all the time, but when they do, why?

Have you seen this in other games? Do you think they could easily patch it?

110Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:33 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think they could easily patch it if they want, but we'd just have to get their attention somehow. No clue as to why. If I just go to an empty part in the game and do 20 dodges, 1-2 will just drop flat out. Could be the first, could be the second, could be that last one. But there will be a drop and no idea as to why - and only with directional inputs.

Hedfone, about the chests, their content is fixed for the most part. Only Yellow Essence chests can sometimes be bats or fish (don't know what causes that). I would recommend master ninja, if only for the experience. It is brutally hard, but when you finish it you kind of never can go back.

111Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:54 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I just learned you can farm essence, so I will definitely do it. With the easy save scumming and option to farm if I need it, it is doable. I would only want to farm to always have items on the parts I don't like. Maybe one day I will play this game on a one X or PC emulation with no ninpo, base health, etc.
But for now I will be fine just beating the damn thing on MS. I also really want NG+ on Master Ninja, that looks like a lot of fun.

112Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah there are quite some farming spots. I wouldn't take it too seriously yet though since they change per difficulty and it isn't that needed in Warrior or Mentor. The game sadly - like many of the console - isn't on emulators. Even Ninja Gaiden Black never got beyond the basic menu screen on emulation.

Master Ninja NG+ is really where the fun is imo. You have enough health to tank some stuff so you can toy around and be fancy without relying on overpowered stuff. Really 'the way to play' imo.

Where are you now?

113Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:56 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I always hold out hope for emulation. Technically the ONE is emulation, Microsoft could easily put that on their windows pc stores. That have been pretty cool recently bringing all of the Halos to pc.

I am about half way through chapter 5. I have been taking my time and soaking it in, I will replay sections to learn the game better. Not in a rush, this will be my game for a while. Also still have the busted controller, haven't had time to get a new one, so don't have as much motivation to play as I would.

I really like the Werewolves. They are a pain in the ass, but in a good way. The underwater part was actually... fun? I was not expecting that, I was expecting DMC1. Hopefully later ones are as good.

I decided to keep it to DS, Scythe, and Vigoorian Flails on my first playthrough, I just think they look the coolest. Next playthrough I will probably do, Tonfas, Claws, and Lunar.
I am really interested in learning all of the weapons and being competent with each. I can't think of a game that gave each weapon so much love and attention as NG2.

114Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It really is a fantastic experience, great to read you enjoying it so much. The Werewolves are great fun, very agressive foes but also great to toy around with. Love that they can just throw the boddies of their allies at you.

Underwater parts are fine, a lot of people like to complain about them which I find a bit much. They are like 10 seconds in a 10 hour game. It's nothing. They can get pretty nuts on Master Ninja though. I tend to skip them there.

And good weapon selection. I really recommend getting comfortable with the DS, Lunar and Claws for the inevitable Master Ninja run. It takes a while before you get the rest and the beginning of the game is undeniably the hardest.

Keep in mind that life-upgrades are also heals, so use them as such!

115Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:03 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

That is why Lunar and Claws are my main Mentor weapons. I know they are great for Master and you get them right away.
The Lunar UT, and Claw Wind Run into Izuna seem very powerful.
I feel very comfortable with the dragon sword. Ready for the Scythe or Flail, don't spoil which chapter though, I am enjoying the exploration :)

Sent from Topic'it App

116Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:10 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah the Lunar UT and Claw Izuna will basically carry you at first, same with the >Y of the Claw (high delimb rate) and Tonfa UT eventually (best UT in the game bar none). Eventually you'll play less using these tools and more with actual moves, but the first run through Master Ninja is too brutal so please, by all means, go wild with abuse and don't hold back!

117Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:21 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

What is a good strat for Werewolves that isn't UT? Charging seems risky with the limb throwing and pounces.

118Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:19 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Anything aerial related is good with decent recovery, off the wall attacks as well like the Claws or Dragon Sword since they have high delimb and hit a large area. I have a video ... somewhere at home on my HDD of me fighting them with the Claws. Somewhere...

You can also just spam >Y with the Claws, great delimb.

Example: https://youtu.be/SsDFQwY8yQI?t=61

119Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:26 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

So I got another controller, the dead zone is fine but it still does the turning glitch. I googled it and only found a reddit post from you months ago haha. So, I assume eventually I can find a controller that works properly? I swear when I first started playing this game and pressed left stick while holding block, it always registered the dodge, now it is a crapshoot. This can't be how the game is made right? Will a solid controller work right or is this just something in the game no one talks about?
I definitely COULD put up with it... but when a Werewolf tries to grab me and I press the stick and get nothing, I never want to play this game again.
I guess I will just keep returning controllers and try to find a decent one, maybe an off brand wired would work better, or I will amazon a brand new one.
You mentioned resetting to factory default, do you mean the whole xbox?

120Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:49 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The resetting to factory default is mainly for the controller. Controllers have software, and it can get jumbled. Most controllers have a 'reset' button combination. The 'turning' is a regular action, you can do it by slowly doing a directional input while blocking. If you get it, tap harder.

Are you using a wired controller?

121Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:33 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I tried googling and saw no 360 controller reset, and it is wireless. I have done a lot of testing. I have a firm understanding of the turn vs dodge. But I will stand in an open area, and put a lot of thought and force behind each press, and 1 out of 10 drop. In the first few chapters I could hold block and zip through the level with left stick and A alternating. Now that is almost impossible, he will occasionally touch down and just stop. I don't think it is the way I am pressing, I think something is just fucked up, and it can't be playing correctly. I will try a few more controllers and see how that works. If it still persists, I will only dodge with RT, or something. It's just thinking this much about "how" to dodge during a hectic fight is just too much. That stuff is supposed to be second nature in the back of your brain.

Edit: I have been playing more deliberate with my dodges while blocking, not doing them in rapid succession and that has helped, but not ideal.
I think I am just getting an extreme version of the turn glitch you experienced and it is unfortunate.

122Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:25 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That really seems like a controller issue, not with the game. If you can, try a wired controller. Haven't had a single issue yet with one on the 360. It shouldn't be THIS bad.

123Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Wed May 01, 2019 1:01 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Definitely picking up a wired one.

I have only been using DS so far, which has been limiting, but I really understand it in a way I wouldn't if I could just whip out the lunar and UT spam. I feel like it is the Knife equivalent in RE games and every player should know it well, to be able to fall back on it when you need to.
It is a solid weapon, but it is not the perfect weapon for every enemy, and though you can use every weapon exclusively, you are clearly meant to swap often.
The DS UT is kind of crappy, the second part of the animation seems to miss far too often. It also doesn't have the stopping power, or cheesy moves like the others to make big enemies easier.
The Lunar 360 UT is straight broken, you can do it from a mile away, you'll catch something, no worries. With the DS you have to be spot on, and it's 360 is pretty bad as well.

I just fought the IS ninjas in chapter 6, I didn't know they were in warrior, that was cool to see.
They gave me my first death in a while. I'll take any tips you got on those idiots.

124Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Wed May 01, 2019 2:48 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Wired ones are, sadly, always best. You just cannot beat the consistent and fast connection speeds. Wireless is getting close but it just won't be there.

The Dragon Sword is kind of the baseline as you said, it has it all but nothing too broken either way. Some really good moves though. XXY>Y is a fantasticly fast delimb move with high reach, while the X off the wall has a large spread.

About the weapons, the fun is in toying around with them, but you can easily (well...not that easy) beat the game with just one. Really satisfying.

Note that the 360UT of the Dragon Sword is pretty good. It doesn't need to connect to an enemy to activate, has high delimb and deals good damage - great if there's only one essence orb (the level 1 regular UT is useless imo). The regular UT isn't too fantastic I agree, the latter parts tend to whiff.

For IS ninjas, abuse i.frames. Always know a way out. Be sure that you're near a wall for off-the-wall moves for i.frames. Keep one delimbed so you have an "on demand" OT for i.frames. Don't go for GT's too much, it isn't safe and they tend to circle you anyway. Want to see a bad player? Watch them do jumping X's ad nauseum because they spam GT.

125Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Wed May 01, 2019 8:17 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I got a wired off brand one that was brand new. Those things have come a long way since the madcatz days, This thing feels better than the normal 360 controller. It seems to be working much better.

Finally got the Scythe. It was kind of rough that they give you a slow weapon on a stage with gun ninjas, but that thing wrecks when you get the hang of it. I love all of the throws it has, you can make some stylish stuff happen with it. It's UT and 360 are fantastic as well.

For the DS I noticed the X off the wall into the quick combo was great, good delimb.
I have had issues with tracking. Also, there are some "walls" that don't work like walls,
and Ryu doesn't stick to them.
A minor gripe, but with time I'll know the ones that can't be jumped off of.

Jumping Slash >That was basically me when I saw the IS, jump slash, jump slash. Haha. I learned then you can't just spam GT.

126Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Wed May 01, 2019 10:52 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The scythe is a lot faster than people give it credit for usually. XXY is an insanely fast crowdclearer. I especially love it's wall attacks, throwing the scythe never gets old! The throws are great against IS ninjas too, since during the >YY you're fully i.frames (if the grab part of the animation happens that is). 360Y is pretty broken (i.frames, huge stun, high damage). Though not as insane as in NG3RE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH2ti7upQ9o

I agree about the walls. It really is just a sad reality of lacking polish, alas.

About the DS, XYXXX-shurikens and into On Landing XXY>Y is a great combo, since the on landing X is 360 sweep with a huge delimb%.

127Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Thu May 02, 2019 8:37 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

What is 360 Y called?
I heard jump XXY, blood raven or something is Iframed, I have been using that as my opener.

Sent from Topic'it App

128Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Thu May 02, 2019 2:58 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It is called "Graveyard Spin". Jump XXY is indeed i.framed, huge delimb% too. But eventually you'll tire of the move, mostly due to a certain Test of Valor on Master Ninja that takes forever and ever where it is the most optimal solution.

129Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Fri May 03, 2019 11:29 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

The Genshin fight in 7 was great. Fighting IS ninjas is awesome, they border fair and bullshit at such a fine line, they are a lot of fun to me. I destroyed genshin with the scythe, no items, so far I constantly get Master Ninja rank, though I'm sure it's just because of the amount of UT/OT's I do.
I noticed genshin hit me while I was doing 360 Y. Is only a certain part of the move Iframed?

Chapter 8> Fuck this. This isn't fun. The rocket guys literally spawn out of thin air in front of your eyes. I fell like the only valid tactic is to wall glitch like it is Uncharted Brutal. I just want to slice dudes with my scythe, I don't want to play a shitty shooter. If Sigma did anything right, it was taking out all of the bad range combat.

Roy I would love to see a playthrough from you on master Ninja with commentary. I am watching Bick for help on the BS parts, and he references you as like the OG of Ninja Gaiden.

130Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sat May 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Glad to hear you're having so much fun man, really.

About 360Y, the middle is i.framed as I recall. I think Ryu also has a smaller hurt-box during it, but without actual data we'll never know. Chapter 8 is disliked by many but it is (thankfully) really short. Once you know the layout it gets so much easier since you know what fights to handle how and when to use which or what Ninpo.

I have a playthrough with commentary, mostly at least I think. It is my BOTA only run, text based commentary and tips. And that's funny that Bick references me! When does he do that, got a link?

131Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

At about 1:20
I can only assume he is saying Raeng, though I guess I might be wrong.

132Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sun May 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ah! No that isn't me he's referencing haha! That's Reim. Reim was the first to actually make a NGII guide back in the day on Master Ninja. The guides really fit that old youtube format. Recorded on DVD, cut into splices of 6 minutes or something which was the norm back then, a thousand parts.

But it really is the 'vanilla' run of Master Ninja. A lot of tech and playstyles that we use now weren't known back then. If you'd watch it now it might feel dated and a tad boring (lots of UT abuse, delimb spam, avoiding fights, essence farming). But again, he was the first. And he's a great guy as well!

133Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Mon May 06, 2019 12:45 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Nice, old school walkthroughs are almost unwatchable now. Good to know

Edit: wow, those videos are ancient. I like knowing the community history. Though he uses carried over weapons, so kind of pointless if you are starting fresh on master ninja.

134Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Tue May 07, 2019 7:05 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah they are really old, but golden oldies. https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterRyukenden is also a classic!

135Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Thu May 09, 2019 2:20 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Couple of quick notes as I near the end of my first playthrough.

The flail is AWESOME. I wish they gave it to you sooner. Such a great UT, and really fun high risk, high reward normal strings, at least as far as being stylish.

I hated the Gajas at first, but now they are one of my favorite enemies. They are essentially upgraded and more deadly ninjas that can't be guillotine thrown.

The Rasetsu rush was so much fun, one grab and 2/3rds of your life is gone. You have to be on point with UTs there.

The double dragon fight was... ok. It could have been a lot worse. I wish the bow had more range, but what are you gonna do. That fight seems a bit rng whether you get the chance to pull off a few good shots in between the add spawns.

Super excited to start mentor, I wish I had more time to play this, but free time is limited.

136Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Thu May 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The flails are downright fantastic, glad you gave them a shot! Really love as you mention how it all flows together, tons of creativity present. The Gaja are a great enemy, very dangerous too with high-damage moves at their disposal. Funnily enough I had the exact same change of opinion as you.

The Double Dragon (ha) fight is one of the things Sigma 2 fixed and I'm grateful for. Never really felt like a Ninja Gaiden boss honestly. In Sigma 2 they replaced it with this:

Honestly I'm still mixed about this boss fight. On the one hand it is a quick copy-paste dragon with part of Zedonius' moveset that doesn't add much. On the other, it is still one of the best dragon fights in action games, still showing Dark Souls how to actually do one.

I feel you about that game time problem bro...I feel you.

137Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sat May 11, 2019 4:41 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Do the weapons carry over when start another playthrough?

138Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sat May 11, 2019 6:10 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

No, only on defeated difficulties. So your first time through is always a new game basically!

139Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sat May 11, 2019 10:46 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Is there a good place to read a summary or explanation of the lore? I really think it's dumb and interesting, but they throw around so many fiend names I lose track.

Edit: The staircase fight was very disappointing on warrior. I maybe lost a 1/4th of my health. Excited to see the true version in harder playthroughs.

Last edited by hedfone on Sat May 11, 2019 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

140Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sat May 11, 2019 10:58 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

141Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Sat May 11, 2019 3:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah the Wiki is your best bet, the lore is pretty cool if you want to dive in. I remember NG1 had this huge opening text crawl that seemed to have no end about dragons and what-not.

142Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Tue May 14, 2019 8:50 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Do ToV rewards like the Lives of the Thousand Gods appear in chests later if you don't do the ToVs?

143Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Tue May 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

No, they are only there. Though they do become available through the shops at one point as I recall in some cases. Generally it is a good idea to do the easy ones on Master Ninja if you can.

Chapter 3's is really easy if you go for delimb management. Chapter 4 is insanely easy too and gives a good 30.000 essence if you already have a Talisman (the reward), which you'd have found like 3 fights ago lying around.

If you want quick TOV guides I can give them to you, but they are all for the master ninja setups.

144Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Wed May 15, 2019 3:05 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Looking at the Cheats on Gamefaqs. If you get 30 skulls, you will get a Gamerpic. Is that it? Just a picture? Not really hating on it but comparing that to the multiple awards you get by getting the scarabs in the previous game is rather disappointing.

145Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Wed May 15, 2019 3:59 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Each Skull also gives you a discount at the shop for all future playthroughs, which is pretty significant. There are no real scarab rewards in this game, though there are Tests of Valor akin to the Fiend Challenges of NGB.

146Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Wed May 15, 2019 4:47 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Are the chests drops different in Master Ninja? I am aware some chests change when you open with no damage, you'll get money instead of blue orbs.
This is the first I have heard about the skull discount. Is it just completed difficulties?

147Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Wed May 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

No, it is every difficulty. You get a 10% discount per 10 skulls collected, with 30 giving the max. Lastly you also get a Karma bonus as I recall.

About the chests, I believe all the contents are the same on Master Ninja but it has been a long time since I touched lower settings so I might be wrong there.

148Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Thu May 16, 2019 5:34 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I found 29 skulls, fuck haha. I watched a video and I think I missed the one on the airship in the control panel.
I watched a Bick video and he got a Lives of the Thousand Gods on chapter 10 right before the staircase battle, but for me it was an herb or something low tier. I know he wasn't doing Tov's so that is why I was wondering if things changed.

149Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Thu May 16, 2019 5:36 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That's really wack, news to me! It might be related to that, could also be a version difference but I doubt it to be honest. I do think some become regular items or orbs if you've maxed the health-bar out, but didn't know about this.

Picked up my OLB/No Ninpo run again, almost at the end of chapter 5. The water fights were really boring haha.

150Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ninja gaiden 2 general discussion. Thu May 16, 2019 10:39 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

37:30, you can watch playthroughs on youtube where people just get orbs or something out of this chest, yet he gets a Lives of the Thousand Gods

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum