Godfall Gameplay

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Godfall Gameplay Empty Godfall Gameplay Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:12 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

State of Play:

They described the game as a "looter slasher" (we all know what that looks like).

The showing was weird to say the least. It looked like a tutorial. Jokes aside, I think the combat looks a bit lackluster, and I really don't want to be negative.

The enemies seemed very passive and that boss was disappointing.

I feel like a game like this should be marketed with "difficulty" if it is to stay relevant with saturation of "souls-like" games in the genre nowadays.

But other than that, we will have to wait and see the appeal of this game because it doesn't seem to be attracting a whole lot of people right now.

2Godfall Gameplay Empty Re: Godfall Gameplay Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Was talking about it with some people on Twitter yesterday when it hit, it just doesn't do it for me. Aside from me already zoning out heavily the second I heard "looter slasher" and "skill isn't the only determining factor", the combat feels very floaty. That and it mostly seems like "a ton of flashy looking moves that all do X-amount of damage to an unstaggerable foe with low agression".

One thing that I cannot put my finger on though is the art-style. When they showed the four world types they all looked the same to me. I'm curious what makes that as such. The shapes? The color filter? I'm unconvinced.

Any other takes?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Godfall Gameplay Empty Re: Godfall Gameplay Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:35 pm

EmperorWu

D-Rank

Looks like a launch game but without the shiny graphics to make you feel like it's a new gen, doesn't look nearly as good as even some mid-level PS4 exclusives. I tried to watch the whole video but it was just buzzword buzzword buzzword with nothing concrete to sink my teeth into mechanically. Maybe there will be a beta to try it but this doesn't even look like it matches the depth of Nu-GoW, and the loot emphasis is just snore

4Godfall Gameplay Empty Re: Godfall Gameplay Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:33 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Everything about this just looks like Warframe, but lamer. Even some of the story concepts. I used to play that game on a mediocre laptop, and the melee combat was essentially just 'Mash E'. At least Warframe had some fun, if ridiculous movement, and shooting.

Graphics aren't even that good. It looks like a project in Unreal 4 done in someone's spare time. Like those Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time fan-remakes.

Don't understand why we're using a similar camera angle to God of War 4, here. Hell, even the shield animation looks like it was completely ripped out of it.

"Our team wanted to do something different. We wanted to combine Action-RPG loot progression with third-person melee combat."

Yeah, sorry, but Darksiders 2 and Nioh already beat you to the punch on that one. There are probably some games that are even older that tried that. And I don't see the combat in this game approaching anywhere NEAR those two.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum