You are not connected. Please login or register

God of War III No weapons

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1God of War III No weapons  Empty God of War III No weapons Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:54 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

-NG+ glitch lvl 4 health and magic (resets to lvl 1 in Hades), Infinite item meter (stays at lvl 4).

-Morpheus armor (just for style)

-Chests, magic, and grabs allowed. No rage

-Medusa's gaze through CoH magic for onyx shields

-BoA for stuns, HoH for knockback, and BoH for launcher and grab

So far I am almost to Hades. It's pretty fun, especially using all items early game. I only reset at save points.

It seems that getting the BoA at Prometheus resets the item meter to lvl 1. So I just skipped the area. There weren't any tough fights there anyways. Not sure if it will happen for other items throughout the story but I am only collecting minotaur horns just in case.

2God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:14 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Welcome Plume!

Good luck on the run, don't recall a no-weapon run done before, was it? You didn't mention it but I assume it is on Very Hard?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:21 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Not sure if it has been.

And yes it's on chaos mode.

4God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:43 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Just beat Hades.

Hermes jest is a beast. I used that up close and the BoA at range. I also used the CoH Olympian sentry magic. It has a long buffer so I used the menu glitch to spawn 6 at once. Had him down sooner than expected

Wasn't too much trouble. It actually feels easier than a regular NuRun, at least early game. Will try to see if I can upload the boss fight.

5God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:51 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Would be interested in seeing it, good job so far on the run!

6God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:50 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

>NG+ Glitch
I suppose that gives a way around early exceptions.

>infinite X
Disagree with this call even if just for Items.

>Morpheus Armor
Don't agree with stat changes for the default run either.

>no allowance of Cestus for Onyx
And what of Skorpius? Going to exploit bugs on him (if you're familiar with those options)?

>magic and grabs
Can take you a long way, but you won't have access to CG (invalid to use it even for mounting Harpy Queens, I'd argue *for purity*). OH/alt.OH are fine, but how to get things in the air? There any rules against upgrading BoE for Argo's Rise (it is tied to a weapon, but is just a relic ability in actuality)? This would allow some potential to exploit the much desired partial petrification glitch, too. Really want to be able to get things in the air (and NOT follow them if it can be helped).

NOTE: You going to stick with just BoE or allow BoA (or any other 'cheats')?

>Chaos
VH. Not much for dub names.

>at Prometheus
Wrong entry.

>no rage
Grey area, but I can see the ruling being this way where doing damage is concerned (not so much using it to just be immune to petrification, break-out of a statue, escape certain grabs without doing the mini-game, etc.). Your run, your call.

>just in case
Shouldn't start with MAX bars to begin with (pretty sure that can be helped).

NOTE: Really, I'd recommend at least NER here (if not NUR+, but you want to horse around with slight buffs to the tools left to you).

>X for A, Y for B and Z for C
Sounds about right. Try not to forget that you can cheaply chip from huge range away with HoH.

NOTE: I'd rather hear proper run coverage (in a write-up) if not getting a video.

>has it been done
I've done testing of all these things as focus runs (like with NG+ Glitch use for X weapon NER/MAX). A run specifically allowing just the lot of the noted doesn't come to mind. Grab focus would also be something I've done (along with NGR+ NUR+, NBR+ NUR+ and the usual suspects).

>Sentries
If they (same for Archers) were more reliable, their efficiency could shine. Widows and Fiends are pretty easy tools to work. Centaur General has huge potential, but can be tough to get the most out of (the multi-hit is what you want). Obviously petrification can be great, but you will have to dump considerable MP into turning some foes to stone (versus the PP glitch doing work, but needing some set-up).

>menu glitch
Amusing.

>will try to upload
By all means.

7God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:20 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Here's the fight. I am now uploading end of Hades and beginning of Olympia.

Infinite item meter

It still decreases. Hermes jest almost drains a lvl 1 item meter and that is my main source of damage for ungrabbables

Aerial attacks

Bounceable enemies can be repeatedly grabbed with BoA as soon as they hit the ground.

Wrong Entry

*Peirithous

Widows and Fiends are pretty easy tools to work.

I stick to low usage souls at lvl 1 magic.

Petrification

Nemesis rage aerial enemies. One serpent is still a lot of magic however.

8God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:20 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Next part is up

9God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:25 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

I'm guessing Skorpius will be the only exception. Same with pain+ you have to break the rules a bit.

10God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:55 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>link
Added to History.

>still decreases
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqZh-ejte4&t=9m28s

>main source of DMG outside grabs
>Jest
Not sure that is your best bet, but I'm not a dps guy.  Think Rise/Ram are cases that always 5.  I forget.  Forget if HoH quick double flashing for knockback will cause a collision (if it did, that would be a Target ONLY 5DMG).  Bow of Apollo is 2 per shot.  The 2.5 per 0.5s of burning is cute, but doesn't last as long as I'd like, doesn't stun that well and won't propagate properly.  A case like 5s means 27DMG in that time frame (for a piercing attacking done from range without using the full meter).  Solar Flash (lvl2) is 6 (think it was 3 before, but I forget).  Solar Flare is 3 per blast.  Don't think the double tap does bonus damage (despite what it suggests).

Rush is 1DMG.  Jest adds on 3/3/3 (max potential of 10).  Think your best bet for direct damage will often end up being bow chip unless they're blocking it or something.  Even then, you would want to consider enviro-hazards and working foes against each other before resorting to such things.  Can't quite recall, but I believe these are all immune to Power %, so they would appear stronger relative to lvl1 abilities, but then you aren't using any of those to begin with.  The only thing in your arsenal that for sure is Power % is Nemean Roar.

>grab with a bow
You what?  Might want to adjust the abbreviations used.  I don't call Artemis BoA for a reason.  BoA is reserved for Blades of Athena where it shows up (GoW1's case is AB, mind you).  GoWIII has BoA, but also Bow of Apollo (better to talk of it as Apollo's Bow *AB*).  Your call.  As for bow talk, I'm reminded of old tricks with slapping (or shooting) post-OH to do another (at least on some foes like the Olympus Sentinels).

>at lvl1 magic
Don't really have a choice until you upgrade.  Or did you mean to refer to your bar?  100/125/150/175/200 units (MP).

>NR on those in the air
Not sure I would even bother using NR outside keeping something pinned (if even wanting to bother with that).

>Serpent cost
Outrageously overpriced Gorgon Flash (half potency for double price if I'm remembering right).  Still, PP glitch carries hard.  If lacking a gorgon to false OS before using Argo's Return, one ought to false OS anyway just to make them do their thing (just a bit of set-up does wonders).  Just wish the start-up and targeting wasn't so trash, too.  For that price, it should be much more usable.

>Skorpius is an exception
Is he? Onyx legs can be damaged by you using glitches (still better than going vanilla). Fiery Inferno then switching to Cestus should make the burning Spawns chip away at the boss (just that this isn't exactly a great way to do the boss and will be difficult to control the breaking of legs if you have a preferred order). As for the face part, you need dps. I don't think your Items are enough here. You will need spells. Do you have enough MP for it without lvl3? I forget what your best bet is. I don't think the Centaur General will get stuck on him for multi-hit (tends to be a wall thing as I recall), but I could swear it was relevant for this bit beyond just rushing through a row of legs for chip (not good use of MP when finite as is the case here *not enough MP recovery happening to justify the cast*). AoS is probably the safest call, but what is most cost efficient and able to do the job? Menu glitched Sentries again? That is for you to test.

>break rules a bit
Maybe. I suppose you'll find out soon enough.

11God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:58 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Outrageously overpriced Gorgon Flash (half potency for double price if I'm remembering right).

One of the issues with magic tied to weapons. I think it would have been better if allowed to aim CoH magic for certain souls such as archers, generals, and serpents.

As for bow talk, I'm reminded of old tricks with slapping (or shooting) post-OH to do another (at least on some foes like the Olympus Sentinels).

Takes too long to get enemies high enough for OH, and when surrounded it's best to OS them in the air.

Might just use the BoA (Athena) cheat for parries and better magic since I'm not upgrading.

I will restart the run with lvl 1 on all stats, and will upgrade only magic and item. Iircc, Morpheus' only stat change is orbs which I'm not spending. It's just cosmetic in this case.

12God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:46 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>one of the issues
That it is a cast-and-forget (even without a cast animation *at the price of no i-frames*) is swell, but having souls subject to auto-targeting (especially with as trash as it is in this entry) and possibly fail casting (going right off cliffs if not firing at nothing as Archers can do)...

NOTE: Real shame they couldn't properly realize it with the full Bestiary, have at least two of each soul, allow multiple casting types at once (at least two, but up to four), get them from the CG (that was to be a soul rip like the Hades grab), etc.

>aim it
Would be tough with the cast type they went with, but possibly doable if some halo-marker shows up to guide with (L) or (R) or even (L)+(R). Just not a fan of leaving it to the AI. This still leaves the long delay and high cost. They know what they did to the cost, the potency, enemy resistance, break-out time and statue HP (Jason's meddling with a 'quick kill' he didn't approve of from Derek and Eric, I strongly suspect *as with his 'balancing' of Enemy Power % right out of the collision system or grabs being nerfed nearly universally and lots of invisible walls being thrown up*).

>when surrounded
Getting surrounded is a problem all its own, yes.

>not upgrading
Still not sure why this is the case.

>will restart as a basic NUR
If that is your desire. Your magic options will be more pathetic as a consequence. I'd rather see this done as a follow-up run (as I did a MAX and NER version of NG+ glitch for things besides the usual NUR or even PAIN stuff).

>orbs
It isn't just EXP orbs (that is a misunderstanding). All orbs are worth more (double in this case). MP, HP, RP *irrelevant if you're not using rage* and EXP, but you keep insisting on not upgrading (while having MAX CoH). You would have died against Hades in your recording with that showing (quite good up until the last wall bit where you didn't seem to have a great handle on his floor spike pressure) were it not for recovery of life (just barely) from meat along the way (though I think there was a checkpoint by the point you were to bite it *they really should have had it at S2P1*) making up for light tagging you received before a pounding taken later from a mistake or so.

To note it, your stats on VH (versus what you've got using that costume *fun, but they don't offer the option to OPT OUT of stat changes, don't have enough challenge costumes and deny the option to choose our stats even as an earned privilege for a 'cheat run' that can't earn trophies and such anyway*):

Power: Same (75)
Enemy Power: Same (500)
HP: 25--> 50 (half value of Normal, but not quite as well off as on Hard *75*)
MP: 25--> 50 (Same)
RP: 25--> 50 (Same)
EXP: 75--> 150 (50% more than Normal, but not as much as Easy *200*)

NOTE: Surprising that IP isn't affected by VH to slow the rate of recovery to 75% of the full extent at least (not sure if easy makes it cheaper as it does for spells).

13God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:07 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Part 1:

Part 2:

14God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:31 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>new parts
Yeah, I saw it in my feed. I'll get to them soon enough. Might run out of freetime before finishing. At least with these runs you seem knowledgeable enough that I don't need to seriously review my old notes to fully evaluate (can dick around and just postulate on a 'meme run'). Leisurely entertainment rather than putting myself to the grindstone (turning a 20 minute video into 2 hours of pause and respond).

15God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:10 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Parts after Hades are up.

This run made me really appreciate Olympia. It's ring out city.

Nothing special in the caverns. Just battle rams.

(turning a 20 minute video into 2 hours of pause and respond).

I'm sure you've seen some horrid GoW gameplay.

16God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:58 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Nemesis rage makes quick work of Hermes

Unto Hercules now.

17God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:42 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Hermes would have worked better as a GoW II boss now that I think about it. If most damage windows were only with the Amulet of the Fates, then he would have been a far more mechanically interesting boss, maybe even preferred to Perseus.

Any tips on Hercules with no weapons, GodModeGOD?

18God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:31 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>ring out city
Pity it won't let us send any Cyclops into the abyss, but at least (with a bug) the centaur is subject to that fate.

>seen some horrid gameplay
I've watched game journos who thought they knew something as they putz about in a vanilla H run (jerking themselves off) among other low-level displays, so yes. Nice to not have to endure that right now.

>injured Hermes, but in GoWII
If they bothered to use the AotF (too often overlooked in that entry, I feel *not just the fault of the player, but by design*).

>preferred to Perseus
He wasn't that bad off. The invisibility is a bit stronger than it ought to be (can be seen, but it really takes work *or just getting used to how he behaves while invisible enough to compensate*), his meme evasion is crap (possible to work around, but annoying) and warping after the flash...well, it can be turned against him. Hermes is ass with the unblockable quick chunky slaps and the too fast QTE grab with no real sense to when his weakened self will fall during pushes towards walls.

>tips that might help with your Herc bout
S1 will likely just be BR (free to screw around with how easy that is). S2, as well (done as he tries to attack *or calls for rally* so he won't block them). S3 is normally about ranged heavy pokes, so it might be time to consider spending some MP to speed it along (a bit undesirable to just throw out arrows and waiting for him to let it happen *might work better to bait out attack strings while backing away and shooting if that's your aim*). You don't want him to block what you're going with or it is a waste. The advantage to using something as he attacks would be so he cannot do this. If you don't mind losing out on i-frame trade antics, you can just Soul Summon (anything other than Gorgon Serpent) to chip away at him while he's busy taking swings at you. Probably better not to use things that last too long, are more meant to get value from hitting groups, etc. You want to try and be efficient and consistent. Perhaps just keep it simple with a Mongrel running in to slap him while he punches. Don't have to try and be fancy with jet dashing over his head to drop Fiend bombs.

S4 forces Cestus to be equipped, so that is the spell you would have (don't bother) and the evade you're stuck with. Normally about a semi-lockdown through cancels, but that won't apply to your run. Obviously steer clear of wall tosses. Block/evade left arm (punch), which he'll do after you reverse the bear hug or after missing his right arm grab while you're still in range to attack. You don't want the right arm to land even if you reverse it as there is no way to do so quick enough to avoid some damage as I recall. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure you can bait his hug, reverse and chip away at him pretty safely by just reversing it (not unlike a Gorgon Serpent). Keep distance and reverse until he's done. At most peppering him with arrows, trying to jest at him, putting out a quick Soul Summon to harm him on his approach or something. Don't recall if these will interrupt his attempt (ideally he tanks them and keeps coming).

The last portion of S4 sees him lose the ability to charge you (think the bear hug is lost as such). Might be best to save MP for trades (and it has to be a fair bit for roar casts) as he attempts to grab. I suppose you could try to show off with use of Items in close so long as you properly mind which is the grab (can evade through, but getting caught blocking isn't desired) and which is the punch (easily defended against). Using parry into Ram, Rise or Revenge would be fine, but I don't know that it will stagger him after the punch. Can't recall if he can just throw out the punch without doing the grab attempt first. Think so (just that he has the follow-up punch for when he does do the grab, but I have no notes suggestion he can follow-up punch with the grab right away).

NOTE: If you're feeling yourself, perhaps it is doable to just fire an arrow or so (in close quarters), evade his next attack and repeat as one can punch spam on him with Cestus for S4. My Cestus focused run against S3 had talk of baiting attacks, landing a hit and evading back out. NW was complicated. Without some of my other meme and challenge run notes, this is all that currently comes to mind.

19God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:50 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

I've watched game journos who thought they knew something as they putz about in a vanilla H run (jerking themselves off) among other low-level displays, so yes.

All that meming about [][]/\ and button mashing. Glad to know that it bites them back in the butt. However stomaching low lvl play of GoW is just too much for me.

Thanks for the tips. Will have the gameplay up tomorrow, hopefully up to Cronos.

I admit that my gameplay hasn't been the best (overuse of roar, not enough petrification, and not playing risky when it counts). I will try to rectify these mistakes for the rest of my run.

20God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:23 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> meming about [][]/\
Yet ironically it's the most powerful regular attack in Nu GoW where they constantly shilled the 'deep combat'.

21God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:26 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Roy: >most powerful normal in Nu-GoW
I sure hope that ain't so.

Castle: >just too much
I have to steel myself for it, have time set aside and proper motivation (like being asked to help them or just wanting to shit on their poor play).  Seeing 'Rickster' doing it in May this year for VH PAIN+ just to chip down Legionnaires and Centaurs was gross.  Wish I'd been able to properly teach him prior to putting on that display.  He could clearly do much better than that with guidance.  Sometimes a language barrier is all it takes to leave someone stranded in the dark.  My ability to help Speed Martyr (and others) is limited in similar fashion.

>the tips
Not too much I can offer without just doing the run myself with fresh testing.  Too much of my old notes (especially from the GoWIII era as most would be on the board for that, which as been down for years) aren't available.  Combined with my comments/replies on the videos, you should have something to go-on (while testing for yourself).

>vid soon
Noted.  I won't be able to really go over it for about a week, however.  Perhaps longer depending on the move date.

>Cronos
Beware targeting issues with the Stone Talos/Sentry bit at his navel.  Or the hilariously zoomed out camera wall section.

>hasn't been the best
Believe me when I say it is better than most of the 'high level' videos of recent years all the same.  Better tactics and better play.  A few gaffes here and there isn't exactly terrible.  It isn't like you're from the vet community (having access to tons of pooled knowledge from others over many years).

>rectify and make better use of options
Not far off the mark as is.  Just some options overlooked/unknown and myself favoring safe, consistent and cheap/easy approaches with efficiency at heart (over style) even if not the fastest (part of being optimal as with not taking a hit, which can be fine by me so long as it doesn't cause issues *can be recovered from, doesn't adversely affect a bit afterwards, etc.*).

NOTE: It really is becoming harder for people to know GoW proper with Nu-GoW obscuring the history (using the same name), old forums being wiped out, YT erasing its past, etc.

22God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:16 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Hercules:

Tartarus part 1:

23God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:32 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Yet ironically it's the most powerful regular attack in Nu GoW where they constantly shilled the 'deep combat'.

Soy of Boy has some of the strangest mechanics in the genre. You would think that would put off the casuals, but instead it pulled them closer.

(part of being optimal as with not taking a hit, which can be fine by me so long as it doesn't cause issues *can be recovered from, doesn't adversely affect a bit afterwards, etc.*).

I was a bit careless on getting hit. Will definitely change for my next run (Very Hard chalice with Apollo costume).

It really is becoming harder for people to know GoW proper with Nu-GoW obscuring the history (using the same name), old forums being wiped out, YT erasing its past, etc.

Sad to see really. Soy of Boy didn't really have a lasting impression (more sequel begging than playing and discovery), but it has certainly tarnished the reputation of the original GoW games. A fate worse than a discontinuation of the franchise.

24God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:08 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Nu GoW
Jup. SST is the fastest and highest DPS attack you have that isn't a rune. Final hit is also a launcher iirc against weaker foes and breaks guards, can also be canceled into the 'grab' which is your highest damage attack.

The game is so weird. It has some fun ideas but people liked it because they were told it was good. Just like with everything else.

25God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Cronos:

I think Cronos was supposed to be a straight up boss before. Was probably a hassle so they just made him a dynamic level.

Talking to Hera in the garden just made me think how strange it was that the game was blatantly showing you how Kratos was the villain, all the while retconning Pandora's box to make Kratos seem more understandable?

Maybe they went too far in 2, but he committed the most inhumane acts in 3. I don't know, I just find it kind of funny. I guess that's video game stories for ya.

26God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:11 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Hera's Garden & Labyrinth:

27God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:44 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Skorpius:

28God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:23 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Let me start by saying f*** this boss. Took me 5-6 hours between today and last night. I didn't count how many tries, but it was more than 50.

With that being said here's the gameplan:

Form of damage: collision (ironic for GoW III)

Weapon: Cestus

Magic: Centaur general (CoH) and Nemean roar for last minute escapes

Stage 1:

-Wait for tail slam (ts). Stay close to Skorpius between the legs

-Escape with Hermes dash or use i-frames

-Parry scorpions with Argo's ram (ar)

Leg 1

-Stay within claw swipe (one shot with lvl 1 hp), or evade through it

Leg 2

-Easiest leg to break (safest position)

leg 3

-Ram behind third leg. Will use ts frequently from this position so make sure to use i-frames by os or roar last minute, as it is difficult to air dash from behind the leg.

Stunned

=Equip CoH

-2-3 generals will get an o-prompt

Stage 2:

-Will frequently leave the arena

-Bait scorpions to other side

-Bait ts and new attack tail poke (tp) until Skorpius leaves

Repeat process.

The rest of the game seems a lot easier now.

Edit: I tried using inferno but it took way too long and was very unreliable.

29God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:33 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Zaser: >new vids
Should be able to get to those shortly. Cimi's going for GoW:A VH PAIN+ ToA W1 bonus credit (wish the lad luck in his trials for much suffering is ahead).

>pulled them closer
Not like they play the settings and do the runs that best highlight the problems.

>Chalice meme run
Did one or two of those (one vet puts them on a pedestal as if it doesn't become a glorified 'No Hit-lite'). Think one was BoA PAIN+ w/ Chalice. I'm sure I would also have chosen some attire to get a further disadvantage (just that GoWIII didn't have a good costume selection with cons to go with the pros for interesting play style changes *something I complain loudly about with GoW:A*).

>sad to see
And yet again, we've got a case like Speed Martyr erasing his history on YT. Many videos are gone now.

>tarnished the reputation
A sorry sight, yes. Some aren't so negatively effected by their reboots, but this was definitely for the worse.

>straight up boss
Doubtful they ever had a real plan to manage that with him. Poor Perses got dicked into being a QTE, but he never belonged anyway. Oceanus got it even worse (totally dropped out of existence). Typhon had the last segment of his section removed (as prolific as he was, his treatment was a bit disrespectful). Atlas got plenty of justice (for how undeserving he is). Cronos becoming a 'boss level' is about his speed. Still a little lackluster in execution. Couldn't even bring back Pandoran boys for that bit (and our tour of Tartarus was SUPER weak lacking in famous sights/celebrities).

>Hera was the wake-up call
Some don't catch it even then.

>vidya stories
Straight trash by and large. Not all that important.

>angry rant
Oh, boy. I wonder just who this could be about. *hohoho*

>Ram for collisions
Didn't want to use the bug for Cestus properties on things other than it? Inferno does pretty alright for breaking legs. By the sounds of it, you ended up playing things straight (using Cestus to break legs). I imagine you didn't allow any accidental hits of Spawns, however. What of uncovered leg strats (for stun/control)? I suppose I'll find out later (along with the leg order/approach taken).

Might have done better to ask questions about THIS fight than Herc the Jerk. Oh well. Now you'll have a fond memory etched in stone for this boss. Considering the grab gets you through i-frames, I imagine you had to waste time doing the mini-game a time or two (extra annoying, but at least it doesn't have activation damage to go with this and the unusually potent phantom range). Those 'false grabs' are brutal (and all he has in S2P1)...

>CG on face
Of course. Great damage (should work even without the help of the menu exploit).

>tried using Inferno
>unreliable
Ah, I see. It was about the extra time things end up taking, then.

Roy: >it actually is
Of course. Thanks, Jason.

30God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:18 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Pandora:

Had to take a few days break after Skorpius. Completed Bayo in the meantime. Game has fun combat but playing through the crap can get exhausting (which hurts replays). Good thing Platinum either omitted or improved upon the non-combat segments of their latest games. Wasn't expecting a speed boost on hard mode but it is welcome since normal difficulty enemies are just too slow for Bayo's speed.

Not like they play the settings and do the runs that best highlight the problems.

As far as I know, playing through the game on more limiting settings is just painful (besides the padding and unskippable cutscenes). This compounded with the fact that the players that the game attracted didn't care much about expert play (besides a flashy GBG video playing with food) meant that the game wouldn't have much longevity.

(just that GoWIII didn't have a good costume selection with cons to go with the pros for interesting play style changes *something I complain loudly about with GoW:A*).

The costumes definitely got worse both in style and in stats. Take Dominus for example. It's an easy mode costume that doesn't even look all that unique.

>Titans getting the short end

I think this is a problem with larger than life bosses. Just too damn big and slow to be done well for these types of games. The size of the titans has fluctuated a bit however throughout the series. Iirc, GoWI Cronos was the largest version. And in GoW II the titans appeared a lot smaller in comparison to the gods (probably just a size manipulation ability), but I think a GoW I Ares style encounter would have worked best for taking on titans in combat.

Some don't catch it even then.
>Trash stories

True, but I think the overall theme of the trilogy wasn't all that bad, at least how it started. GoW III just messed it up with this "fear" and "hope" crap to justify already clear intentions (also to add another plot device for the game). Before, the gods were forces of balance. Even going as far as to describe them as a**holes is a bit of a stretch. Who were the villains? Well that was nuanced. Zeus didn't have to be evil to kill Kratos as he was basically Ares 2.0: Waging war on other gods for no good reason, crashing down into their cities as a 500 ft meteorite and boxing animate statues.

Compare that to GoW 2018. I mean if someone can tell me why exactly Thor and Odin are after Cucktos when he's just spending his vacation days teaching his giant wife's son how to hunt deer and killing a different color troll once in a while (not exactly my words; according to fans and critics, Cucktos is just trying to live his life) I would be happy to hear it.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this but the plot holes and retcons in GoW III were a bit strange. At least I can only count the inconsistencies on one hand. Dad of Bore? I may need four.

31God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:37 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Got with Cimi. He just needs to adjust his approach a bit. Evade less, trot more. Lay on the hurt with air lights on the gorgon when the opportunity arises. Probably do more to bait out the gorgon (or at least slap it when he can).

>few days break for Bayo after THE MONSTER TRUCK
https://i.imgur.com/n8Mmlbg.png

>non-combat bits
Kamiya!

>Dominus
It is just 'Fallen God' with Spartan Captain armor using the name of Blue Kratos (Graveyard). My favorite version and second favorite (alternate tattoos and this armor) both get snubbed. Being actual Captain Kratos (with 'olive skin') would have been fine (if it were even more extreme than General Kratos so quarter of the normal stats, but tenfold EXP for those who give a shit *if GoW had something to spend it on like some attack, that would be another story*) Not sure what flavor the other Kratos attires would have in terms of stats (and perks). Jaffe said that the look of the blue version wasn't as barbaric (blue is too calming though it ends up looking almost purple). To me, it invokes one less focused on trading in brutality and more about calculated moves and intelligent use of resources.

Perhaps light MP regen as a perk (allowing more use of the arcane in a given fight without depending on orbs) while rage builds slower (halved rate) and abates quicker (halved duration), but grants modifiers based on place in game (2.0 up until Skorpius, 3.0 after him). Damage modifier won't improve with upgrading as another con, but collisions scale at a flat x5 (except BR). Only stat change would be Armor (squishy like Captain Kratos down at 25% base). Item regen speed is quartered. Statue HP is halved and friendly fire enabled on them. Invisible walls fully disabled (for better and for worse). HoH is replaced with Stheno's Head (petrification rather than 'light'). Costs are such that Flare uses up the full meter. Flash uses half. Passive drain during 'Stare'. Any time IP reaches 0, there is a delay for regen of 10 seconds as an extra penalty. Potency is half the enemy rate. PP glitch disabled.

The other old concept would have the perk of Enemy Power % scaling enabled on collisions (not BR), but 50% Armor (surpassing the other option while meeting it for vulnerability, but at a price). His BoE modifiers would be as in GoW1 (1.0/1.5/2.0/3.0/4.0) with rage altered to just give the aura for tanking, petrification immunity, break-out and Armor % increase, adjusting Blades with +1.0 to the modifier and then x2 (to whatever weapon is selected *even the Blades*). Power % would be 66.6* (so on VH it would be exactly halved for Power % affected abilities). His throws (other than on Satyrs and Sirens) and reversals (for all) would be scaled up by x3 to better replicate GoW1's balancing here. No RP orbs, rage can only be used when full and cannot be turned off, but build-up is doubled (and x5 for grabs *x10 for OS kill in mini-games and x20 on bosses*) in general (x4 for Blades). IP regens at half rate, but HP and MP orbs are worth 100% across settings (not adjusted as it was in GoW1). Enemies have doubled drops of whatever type they normally have (and while at crit life, there exists a 10% chance a hit will give one HP orb).

NOTE: Wish we had more cheat/costumes to have more perks. Tough to just keep throwing out more and more (piling them on just a costume or two). But enough of this.

>size difference
Cronos was bigger (as you say). Olympians were in their full state (as you suspect).

>Ares
That was a case of 'Hope' apparently enabling us to measure up to him. Pretty dramatic ability. If it worked like that with Cronos...Another option would be tapping into our god power within the BoO (regaining that lost size would make things much more even as you suggest).

NOTE: I had a long list of lazy costume (in terms of appearance/work to put in for realizing the looks) suggestions for them that would have had plenty of potential for stats and perks for spicing the game up. Hope Kratos is a breeze. Just let it have the dumb aura from 'rage' at all times and maybe have his eyes glow or some shit (they even put in that work on one of the costumes as is **Deimos was way too much work for too little in the way of interesting combat stuff**). I forget what the suggestions were for it beyond that (likely just an obvious OP costume while freeing up other attires from that burden so they can do more interesting things).

>messed up with Evils
Agreed.

>why Norse gods came at Kratos
Get off my proper-tay, strange-ja. They sensed him and were apparently not into outsiders (or being denied). Best I can recall of it before they knew anything about the parentage of the boy or any sort of prophecy. They were just being dicks unless 'Evils' are at work again (I suspect it was just SJW influence making the main gods look bad so the oppressed giants and such can be seen as good). Not sure why they couldn't have just spied on him rather than directly confronting (to be safe). I guess they figured their immortal dork was a fine enough solution to be direct. Maybe they should have known about the neighboring land (and gods) getting wiped out. Just seems dumb (all of it).

NOTE: I dislike the treatment of Athena starting with GoWIII, but also the pathetic state of Kratos getting soft on Pandora (he isn't so crazy he would attach to this key to his revenge *and literal key* in child form). She doesn't even look like his daughter (instead some weird alien).

32God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:31 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Zeus awaits:

Went very smoothly. I wasn't too risky in the endurance fight but it had walls and most enemies could be wombo combo'd.

I dislike the treatment of Athena starting with GoWIII

Same. She had very strange motivations. The fact that she's in GoW 2018 and will likely return for the sequel scares me. What else can they do to ruin this character?

They were just being dicks unless 'Evils' are at work again

Hopefully they don't go with this again. It would be done much worse.

Maybe they should have known about the neighboring land (and gods) getting wiped out. Just seems dumb (all of it).

They should have. Because according to GoW 2018, the Norse gods have had contact with the Greek gods all along (what a dumb retcon).

33God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:23 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>Zeus awaits
I wonder if how Centaur General performs with Stage 1 (narrow field could potentially land multi-hits) and Stage 3 Phase 2 (the charge-up and the succ both have light potential to test, but might amount to nothing as well). S2 ain't even a fight (just turtle up, take a knee and run down the clock). I imagine Fiend could hold some value as a potential 'high damage' bounce (if it sets up air OS *where the real money is at*).

>HCB
Centaur General can multi-hit this one. Gorgon Serpent has a purpose against the Satyrs if you care to bother (rather than just going for grab stuff as is likely). I'll see how this pans out before too long.

>what else can they do
Make her a whore.

>dumb retcon
And how. So there are multiple Suns and such when allowing for this bullshit. What of the events of CoO where the damn Earth was going to be dropped such that it impacted and shattered upon crashing into the Underworld? What of the 'edge of the World'? Or the influence of the Fates? Just in their territory? Nonsense.

34God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:54 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

@GodModeGOD

Need help with Zeus stage 3. S3 P3 is brutal. Tried to save my magic for P2 and interrupt his attempts at regen.

There are two problems: 1. Getting launchers with fiend (or rise) and 2. Interrupting the heart regen. The way that I have been doing it is with fiend (+ a couple AB shots) or with 13 AB shots, but I have trouble stealing the hp regen for myself because I can't manually aim jest with Zeus in the camera. So the only way that I have been able to stop Gaia's heart is with camera manipulation (but this becomes a problem with the clones).

S1 wasn't a problem. Made some good openings for Centaur general and I jest spammed in between his melee attacks.

35God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:46 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>S3P2 issues
Not too surprising. Not super fun to deal with tons of clones if your methods are allowing for them/provoking them. The best strats revolve around single hit set-up for air OS. If you have a means to do this, that is what should be done (as much as you're able to do so). Having to fall back on chipping him down during his 'charge-up' and 'succ' isn't so desirable (and attacking him with multi-hits outside these cases is asking to have the field filled with clones). You don't have to stop the heart succ as it ultimately proves not a super big issue (based on BoA PAIN+ and some other runs without the most desirable strat readily available). Just a pity my write-up for the alternative isn't available (lost as it was given in late coverage on gow3forums).

First, how ably can you non-multi-hit bounce/launch Zeus? What options have you tried among these?:

-Icarus Ascension (neglected in this run so far)
-Hermes Rush (do not use Jest on him outside charge-up/succ *not for getting into the air when doing either of these armored instances*)
-Argo's Rise
-Fiend (sounds like it was doing the job, but should be saved for S3P2, not S3P1 which can be toughed out easily as there are no clones *the forced clone as P2 starts is to be taken out, then you can take it easy to avoid clones*)

>AB shots after Fiend
Why? I don't know that it is worth using MP during hyper armor moments. Might be better to just do the damage you can with IP and something like Icarus Strikes. I forget if it forces a clone if you fail to get him off the heart. That would be a bother (worth using just enough MP to stop). The healing is a lesser concern from what I recall. During the fight, you also have the option to just return his bolts to chip away until the hyper armor starts up (if not having the MP to cast something at him).

NOTE: I'm not sure if it would even multi-hit, but Centaur General would have a chance during hyper armor. Probably not for charge-up, but quite possible (at a diagonal angle) if a bit finicky for the succ (even getting two hits would make it the best option you've got by far). That, however, is for you to test as best you can. I do not know if it works that way in this specific instance.

>can't manually aim jest
Can only position yourself relative to him, yes. Perhaps the right angle (along the side of the heart) would let you slide by him. Maybe.

>with the clones
Who shouldn't exist other than the first case. Clones spawn chance only exists when he is being struck too aggressively outside hyper armor as I'm remembering it. Slow down your pace and you should not be dealing with their onslaught.

>good openings for CG and Jest
Should be an amusing showing (hopefully with hops into air OS when he opens himself up doing those dives *shame this does NOT work for S3P2's air moves*).

36God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:03 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

I'm caught up, but YT is no doubt marking my messages as spam (already gone).  Or maybe they added a new blacklisted word and just deleted it.

EDIT

Tested it. Those faggot niggers (SJWs) put "tranny" on the secret no-no (black) list as GFAQs had done long ago (along with bypasses). It was made an instant deletion type like two other terms (that apply to them). That means my comment is not awaiting approval, but deleted. Figured it might have been so when the issue of Pandora came up. I think enough leftists love using "retard" that it got taken back off their list (unlike at GFAQs where enough actual retards exist that it still hasn't been made open season to call people out properly) as I see it in new comments from time to time.

It will be awhile before I'm willing to redo the evaluation in any capacity (as I hate redoing work). That is a lot of lost time for "bitch-made feelings" shit (and I ain't happy about it). How goes Zeus?

37God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:11 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

@GMG

The run has been completed. I will have it up soon. Thanks for all the help, appreciate it.

I saw a notification for your comment but it was deleted before I could get to it. I will catch up with all your other stuff eventually.

38God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:28 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>completed
>up soon
Noted.

>thanks
If and when you have more you wish to do, let me know. Perhaps NGR+ NUR+, NBR+ NUR+, PAIN+, etc.?

>deleted
Yeah, it wasn't as fast with a large message (standalone was instant). As before, I'll not likely redo the post right away (after the final part and no sooner).

39God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:55 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Final part:

4:30 to skip the cutscene

I forgot the platforming bit and giving Gaia heartburn, so it's just a 2 minute cut to stage 3 of the fight.

I always end my runs with Kratos walking away from Zeus' body after impaling him. Not doing that hope crap at the end. Looks like SSM were teasing forced walking since 2010 haha (kidding, I know that Ascension would ultimately be the scapegoat for the reboot's style).

Anyways, onto the fight. S1 Zeus was pretty standard. I got 4 hits of general (5-6 in my other takes, but this was my fastest run [2 1/2 minute]), along with a few grabs {which I couldn't get in p2).

S2 was just teasing Ascension cam (I got messed up on vanilla runs because of that zoom out, until I learned I didn't have to fight him).

S3 is Icarus spam. Not the most exciting strategy but I had to avoid clones especially under these conditions.

Post run notes: Zeus air dodged my grabs 4x in a row (that a**hole). If he was able to do this in S1 then NUR!+ fights may have had some challenge.

@GMG

If and when you have more you wish to do, let me know. Perhaps NGR+ NUR+, NBR+ NUR+, PAIN+, etc.?

I have already done NUR+ and PAIN+. At least for III. My hardware has declined so playing I and II again is a struggle but I will find a way.

>NGR & NBR

NBR seems interesting. I'll try that next. A NGR may not be the best challenge for III, unless done under PAIN conditions (preferably with BoA). I mean the casuals already avoid grabs when they play GoW like every other action game. And along with GoW III's collision stats, omitting grabs may not be much different from most vanilla runs play style wise. I assume this condition does not apply to rides?

Yeah, it wasn't as fast with a large message (standalone was instant). As before, I'll not likely redo the post right away (after the final part and no sooner).

Hope you saved it. You can just put the post here.

Edit: When you do attempt this run, will you use dominus or default? Iirc, there is a GoW II run that allows for General Kratos, correct?

40God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:20 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>final part
Will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday before I get to it.  Hard to tell.

>don't bother with post-final boss stuff
As it is with me (we went over this).

>Centaur General
Was it multi-hits or just a single hit?  If just one, it would have been better to switch to something more cost efficient (perhaps Fiend for potential air OS set-ups).

>didn't have to fight him
Yeah, just close the gap right away and block to prevent him from using unblockables.  They didn't finish the triple threat set-up intended here, so this is what we got.

>Icarus spam
I presume we're just talking Icarus Ascension into air OS.

>had to avoid clones
I strongly recommended as much, yes.

>air evasion of air OS
Yeah, it is a bitch when RNGesus ain't on your side.

>did 'noted'
I see.

>GoW1/GoWII sometimes
Of course.  Done any runwork with them?  And what of GoS, CoO and GoW:A?

>NBR
It is most interesting in titles where blocking is strongly favored in design (helped spice up at least two bits of CoO).  Not much change for GoWII (and some GoW1) vets given tricking is so prevalent there.

>NGR
Having the items and such covers pretty well in GoWIII, true.  GoS suffered greatly without the crutch.  It still causes you to play outside the normal comfort zone.

>under PAIN
I wouldn't recommend doing PAIN/PAIN+ with NBR/NBR+ or NGR/NGR+.  Your call.  It is getting too close to inviting the situation GoW:A's VH PAIN+ ToA W1 creates (having to light attack chip things to death).

>does not apply to
Any forced case is just that.  An exception.  Anything you do not NEED to do for progression (using bugs to avoid it is honorable, but not required) is a case to avoid.  If it is NOT required that you mount a Mongrel and use it to trash Elites trying to chop the Labyrinth Box top chain link, then you must see about beating the fight without that option.  A case like the Onyx shield phalanx MUST be broken and can only be done by mounting the Berserker.  However, it is expected that you then seek to get off it if able (believe so) or kill it (without killing others).  It is that sort of run.

You will have to see what the game allows you to do.  Herc the Jerk won't be jobbing to BR in the early stages, this time.  If the design requires crossing with harpies, then that is what you're allowed to do.  You're not expected to use some sequence break to avoid it (like some of the meme videos for Skyrim, Fallout, etc. pretend must be done for a challenge run to be valid).  That also means you will not have grabs for Zeus (obviously).  You will need to learn how to punish him meaningfully without it (probably just punishing his charge-up and succ over and over with some returns and maybe some light punishes during hyper armor when he cannot evade out to punish with clone spam).  These are mysterious for you to solve as I no longer have my write-ups from NGR+ NUR+ or NBR+ NUR+ for any entry save for GoW:A (the only case preserved thanks to being done AFTER the purge).

>saved it
Had I done so, the amended version would have already been given.

>attempt this run
Hmmm?  Ah, you mean for myself to directly do as much.  I've already done similar enough runs in my time.  There isn't too much mystery involved in it for me.  As good as it would have gotten would have been Skorpius (where I would have been looking to recall the Cestus Glitch options).  The most I can get out of it (especially now) is testing to see if my suggestions pan out (and see what more can be done with Centaur General in particular in terms of multi-hit cases/set-ups).

>Dominus or default
Default.

>GK
It is its own thing for being a costume with only negative stats (other than EXP, which is useless in both the MAX and the NUR version **as we've yet to get a means to spend EXP for an attack or something beyond upgrades other than GoS having unlockables**).  Being stuck in NG+ (never New Game) means it will always be MAX extensions, which is a pity (should have been a way to opt out of that) along with lvl2 RotT from the moment you gain it.  The 200HP/MP are basically just equal to 100 units from a default run.  As you know, projectiles and enemy grabs won't scale, so we won't even take more damage in those instances (given an edge to GK).

Because Enemy Power % is augmented, you will have super collisions as a boon to exploit (making up for lower Power %, but often enough enjoying good Power % ignoring options).  Recovery is trash, but there are are two UBER chests to exploit for full refills and MP trials for MP on that front (takes a fair few chests to manage).  With Theseus, the doubled MP bar by this point pretty well evens out for the number of waves needed to refill (as compared to a normal run) unless working a MAX run (in which case TB's CWB makes that a joke, too).

Very little about it is harder, so much is just different (a taste of extremes).  The potential to one-shot the tranny comes also with taking out those coming at you much more easily/quickly, so it tends up being easier.  The only way it would really be harder is for being ignorant in your approach (favoring Power % and low base tools in questionable tactics).  Imagine being the guy dumping on AQ with that costume.  You better be netting some killer collisions, kiddo.  The most challenging the run should ever get is with opting in for a bonus challenge (doing Zeus with the Barbarian Hammer in 'PAIN+' *if it doesn't immediately occur to you how that could be troubling, you have some fun ahead of you*).

NOTE: If Morpheus Armor was 500% orb worth and the run focused on the things concerned while NOT allowing use of chests (aside from other conditions), it would make more sense to me.  With GK, the idea is mostly to further emphasize towards things VH encourages (moving away from the things highlighted by Easy).  In particular, highlighting SoD's PS (though some other things are part of the deal).

EDIT

Just barely had the time to finish up.

41God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:48 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Having the items and such covers pretty well in GoWIII, true.  GoS suffered greatly without the crutch.  It still causes you to play outside the normal comfort zone.

Many players just ignore obvious opportunities for grabs (couldn't help but look through and respond in comments): https://youtu.be/S-QRQNhaOY0?t=800
They don't understand that fodder is meant to be used against other enemies. GoW III also makes playing stylishly (subjective) easier. Across the standard GoW III play that I have seen over the years, many players just use grabs as finishers.

Hmmm?  Ah, you mean for myself to directly do as much.  I've already done similar enough runs in my time.  There isn't too much mystery involved in it for me.

Why of course. I should have assumed that you have done all that there is in GoW III. What title (besides 2018) have you not really explored, and you are currently playing?

Default.

Sorry, I was tired when I responded. I meant morpheus.

It is its own thing for being a costume with only negative stats

Too bad that we didn't get more of these. The only costumes that I can think of in III incentivizing challenge runs are Fear Kratos (but this is just a glass cannon run) and Apollo (chalice).

42God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:56 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>couldn't help interacting with casuals
This can only end well.

>response
Didn't see it.

>timestamp
Not even appropriate for a basic NGR.

>don't understand
Could be left at that.

>easier to be a fuck about
True. Still looks like ass without bugs and the environment being worked where it can be.

>bottom feeders only grab during "O"
I don't spend a lot of time observing people not at least doing H/VH 'guides' (then shitting on them for thinking their pathetic offering can be called anything of the sort). I'd be more gentle if it was just a playthrough, but it really pisses me off when absolute garbage is what is being put out (teaching the community wrong is tantamount to corrupting the youth in Daddy GMG's eyes *one of the things I've had unkind words for Bick about in the past*).

>what title
There are none I've not properly explored (save Nu-GoW). Had you asked two years ago, the answer would have had GoW:A, too (as I went on hiatus halfway into making the run skeleton to play other titles as I hated doing all the run testing at once while naming areas for the write-up). All that remains for me would be the Clone War.

>currently playing
None, but I feel something of a desire to get back to GoW:A if only to properly show others how it is done even if I don't have much fondness for it. Helps that I made a list of things to show off. It would take a lot of thought (probably mucking about, too) to conjure a list of what to show for the other titles (things I don't believe are shown or shown well currently).

>meant Dominus or Morpheus
I will not be using the vanilla 200. If it was just Power, that could be overlooked as I don't recall most of our tools being Power % tied (save for Nemean Roar suddenly being dominant for easy MP dumping). Halving damage taken from most sources without taking a hit to collisions isn't exactly super interesting stuff. Then it has the orb ability of Morpheus. If moving away from the default, I should be using Morpheus between these two (limiting the handouts to just things feeding into the run *if making up house rules, not using HP chests unless also applying Hera's Chalice*).

Considering the others, Fear Kratos stands out for 400% Power and 25% Armor (Enemy Power 400% *combined with VH's 500% *or 20% Armor*, this scales up to 2000% *5% Armor for x20 DMG*). The former, as before, would not adjust the things your run focuses on save that one major exception (Nemean Roar, which would effectively be x3 the default rendering using others spells pretty questionable throughout most of the run). The damage from our main tools would otherwise be the same as in your run, so no change there (just how these costumes are, sadly). The increased damage taken is appealing (even without super collisions) just for making us more gravely punished for blunders (not like we can be any more one-shot by Skorpius)...except it does nothing about insta-kills, projectiles, grabs, etc. Unlikely stray hits would just be much more damaging (taking a lot to recover from *and the 25% orb worth would work against the ability to recover to an extent*).

Forgotten Warrior is incredibly dull with the 400% Armor. Would expect more PoP references from it (neat perks for Hermes Boots wall running *perhaps freely able to use it*, evasions, time slow, water healing, etc.). No WW in this game, so can't ask for infinite use of the limited ones and discards not destroying them outright (while buffing them for more focus). Pity. Items getting buffed (utility abilities greatly increased for effectiveness *burning, blinding, etc.*, higher damage, higher hit properties, small i-frame windows during use, etc.) and costing less would have to suffice. Take away all invisible walls. Have us respawn after taking damage from lethal falls (for lack of time reversal). Hazards do half damage to us and double to enemies. Mounted state damage doubled. That THIS trash got in and not "Blue Kratos" is high heresy.

Then there is Phantom of Chaos. Just x5 EXP. Can't even SPEND EXP to do something neat. EXP doesn't suddenly offer light refills for other units (not even at random *Chaos*). Feels pretty obvious to just have it power up 'chaos' oriented things (the Blades and in particular the underpowered multi-hit specials *making them strong like in GoW:A* and possibly allowing charging/extensions beyond the norm at a slight cost to the rage meter for each stack on the norm without limit save meter *for fun*). Buffing specials in particular (maybe even allowing some cancels for them) would be a neat perk. Maybe change out the RoS for just a fire aura without BoO attacks to augment our attacks x2 like RotG and give infinite MP for the duration.

Apollo is tasteful for removing some Power %, but it isn't like that means more than Nemean Roar being cast only if you're being lazy about Cestus glitch use now. Being yet another case of higher protection is dull. This all there is to say for what it is. It doesn't suddenly hugely buff the bow (and to a lesser extent the head) like with adding small AoE explosions on delay for misses (and instant for direct hits) with them being guard breaks (just shy of staggering a cyclops **Inferno's piercing shot would stagger them now and the fire spreads between even big targets, lasts three times longer, can stack and deals double damage per tic**). Maybe allow Jest to double damage and catch things on fire with the normal burning status. Air Dash ignites for the status, but at half damage. Flash double hits and Flare ignite for the normal burn as extra bonuses. Burning attacks like Plume, Spirit, TR, etc. will also ignite (regular) while leaving 'cores' (exploding to damage Onyx just because).

Deimos is noted as increased damage (not ringing bells), absurd orb regen and trash EXP. Just an easier version of your run (if already upgraded) to the point you really would need to skip chests to make it somewhat more interesting (would be more true if different weapon kills gave different orb drops). If anything, he should do less Blades DMG (to discourage using the default) while taking the base modifier from 140% to 200% (at least) for the thing (focusing on what the boss used). Instant Onyx breaks (fuck Skorpius). Nemean Roar would have the base at x4 (so x3 for VH *again*). His grabs/reversals would be buffed by x4 (just x2 for Satyrs as they are already pretty strong). x5 for Argo's moves (GF) as with Ram, Rise and Revenge (5 becomes 25). Yes, even Return (making projectiles a much more notable tool to consider sending back), but at x10 (bringing them to 50). Collisions buffed to x5 (BR unaltered) so walls are 5 each (5 shots against a wall would be 35), half collisions (like knockback) are 25, full are 50 and the unique case of HCW punts would go up to a whopping 100 (meaning HCB would be 6 for S1, 4 for S2 and 3 for S3 *making it somewhat appealing to just try to kick dogs at Satyrs despite how much they try to evade it...just get them taunting*). Can now parry (and air block) unblockables (but not grabs). Take double damage from grabs and mini-games are tougher (mashing for Satyrs taking twice as much input speed, for instance).

>more of these
And good (read: interesting) cheats. I've already gone over this matter a bit even before this message, however (so, I digress). One 'cursed' cheat (or 'con' for a costume) could be losing the ability to block any grabs or reverse them (always losing) while allowing them to scale with Enemy Power % (projectiles, too). Would finally make those attacks scary for VH (beyond a single dog or Sentry holding you in place for some heavy hits from others *dogpiling would actually deal devestating DPS until you break-out*).

>Fear is the glass cannon
Just such a waste to lose Power % scaling collisions (we couldn't realize the dream in GoW1 using Tycoonius on VH, either).

>Apollo w/ Chalice
An obvious call, yes.

43God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:47 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Didn't see it.

If you sort by newest comments then you should see it. I still replied too late.

True. Still looks like ass without bugs and the environment being worked where it can be.

You can tell which type of player is making the combo video.

DMC player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjTG5LpaG3o

No use of of the environment (except a few wall splats). No encounters in the campaign. NW mostly used as it is the most stylish.

Just Cuhrayzee for every game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47SDdQbA4E

Same issues as before (makes some of these combo videos seem really repetitive if you ask me)

Gem and Magnetro definitely did the best, especially the latter.

Lesser known vid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbezI7UjcJ4

Did better than GBG and Ultimeson, but still could have done more (taking advantage of encounters in the campaign would help).

All that remains for me would be the Clone War.

On PAIN, correct? I would assume you have already completed this on a NUR. Don't think a lot of players have PAIN clone wars done. Taz and Shinobier are the only ones that come to mind (at least the ones that upload their gameplay).

I'd be more gentle if it was just a playthrough

It is. But there are a lot of people there who may be open to learning how to play the original games. Many have perhaps done away with the '[][]/\' mindset, only needing some direction.

one of the things I've had unkind words for Bick about in the past

Ah Bick. Not really an amazing challenge runner, but he has a lot of helpful content for the less serious player. I didn't really watch much of his content, but a few of his Challenge of the _______ guides have helped me. What exactly has he done to piss you off?

(neat perks for Hermes Boots wall running *perhaps freely able to use it*, evasions, time slow, water healing, etc.).

Just like in the teaser. I wonder if this was actually in the works. Would seem pretty nice but without new enemies (or new tactics to challenge you) the increases mobility may make the game too easy in my opinion, unless you have any other ideas that may have been implemented.

Maybe change out the RoS for just a fire aura without BoO attacks to augment our attacks x2 like RotG and give infinite MP for the duration.

Wow, so an actual rage mode? They have just gotten worse with them since GoW II (considering that RoTG was op and I liked Prometheus' inferno). BoO should have been a bonus weapons to swap out with any of the sub weapons.

Collisions buffed to x5 (BR unaltered)

Why couldn't they just make this the default? They just made OS-->X almost useless by not doing so.

44God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:52 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>wasn't finished posting it
That explains it (as I checked all messages). Gave it a read and a brief response.

>combo links
I probably still have my evaluation(s) in the comments (and/or GFAQs). Then again, I mostly posted at gow3forums (gone now) during this time, so perhaps not. Also, YT blacklisting terms among other things causing deletions. Here's one example: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/943928-god-of-war-iii/54581364

NOTE: I was also getting suspended and deleted a lot there at the time (eventually banned). Sadly, this will have to suffice as history has been expunged for the most part from what I can tell. I will not humor these videos a second time. You will see me talking about much of what you note.

>lesser know
More importantly, 'recent' (and short). I'll put it in cue (unlike that GBG dork *no faith in him after the playthrough showing*).

>on PAIN
Yes, but it makes no substantial difference. The fight on H/VH without lvl5 (specifically) BoC is basically what things stem from. If you don't have the means to do the strategy intended for it, you better be in a much lower run if you wish to power through. That or do as Taz did (or glitch the family *or nearly luck out the whole way as I came so close to doing before even Shin before x3 Regret performed Hades Gift*). The loss of extensions obviously leaves you with less you can give to the family, but it matters less than you would think.

There is no orb difference between H and VH. The difference then comes from your output versus theirs (you will kill them faster *just 75% rather than 50%*, so it is easy to lose control if trying for such an approach *and they will take longer to kill the family *so not all an illusion as with slight aggression increase*) Taking VH NER (and no Athena's Blessing) further into NUR+ just means you can't even bail out with substantial magic. Losing more power (modifier, more accurately) works towards the control tactic (sabotaging less as it isn't like you're strong enough to plow through them and you can't use the infinite OP magic spam approach), which is a good thing. Being weaker still would be a good thing as our means to kill here is centered on insta-kill options, so it would just become easier and easier to keep control without accidentally killing the group (0DMG being the best).

Magic is basically useless here. Zf isn't even helpful as Agony will come back quickly and never runs out (nor does he count towards the spawn pool). AoH is too weakened and costly here. MG will not be quick enough to petrify and isn't potent enough to really exploit. That just leaves PR. Good for panic up until you probably die when things all spawn-in while you're recovering from the cast (not able to regain control). Unless you are already near enough the finish, you probably lose right after resorting to it. If you were at the end, you would not need it (just grab one then the next and repeat). PAIN taking that away changes nothing of the situation here as with losing Artemis (the higher damage option with bad control). That's why I don't make much distinction where the Clone War is concerned. Still, if you're going for it, may as well be VH PAIN.

>not many have done Clone War
Correct. Some with glitches (like moving the family off the cliff on H or lower as they will not die, then become impossible to hit *but some clones will go for them and kill themselves in the process* or just moving them at all as the cover isn't super helpful when Agony ONLY targets us and clones spawn all around that central position *still never had anybody test if they could move the family fast enough to get them on the break away point by Agony to cheese on VH that way*) and a half dozen with the correct way.

Just a pity my own attempts to be cheap didn't pan out owed to rare design alterations there. Typically enemies DO NOT just walk over cliffs. Here they do. If that exception had not been made (inexplicable to me), my way would have broken the fight. That is, I t0 grouped the horde to the breakaway platform (Agony later spawns on this). This means they all get stranded. We would simply leap over to them (and make sure not to get intercepted with a bolt or knocked off), OS kill one, safely get back, OS kill the entire spawn pool without trouble and repeat until all pools are drained for the victory. Not too much pressure here, I'd say.

Again, they choose to let enemies just walk off the cliff where that doesn't happen about anywhere else (even attacking and or being hit with knockbacks tends to stop foes from just going over, but here they can just saunter to their doom *thus preventing this approach that would have rendered a bonus condition unnecessary for the fight with how easily it is brought down*). That would have been my solution, but it wasn't to be. Sort of like all the ToA W1 'what-if' talk (for avoiding what I had to resort to).

>what exactly
He IS THE posterboy for a bad student. For starters, he frequently makes the error I noted (calling what amounts to his playthroughs "walkthroughs" *guides*). He also has a tendency to add extra rules not part of the run (scrub stuff), which affects his ability to properly show what one should do. He goes out of the way to request my evaluations, but very frequently does not employ much of anything I say. Mostly for NOT reading what is written (much less committing it to memory for practice). I can forgive not properly replying, but then he goes further and deletes entire playthroughs full of my write-ups as he gets embarrassed when he wants to show a new edition *or just gives up without stopping to ask for my help through a section while I offer private video session aid*). It is often just pissing in the wind with him. All the pretty praise is superficial (as I feel about as disrespected as a direct insult when putting so much time into humoring him just to have it erased time and time again). The memory issues only go so far, he needs to properly read (for comprehension). At least when there are videos he does better, but much of what I know goes unrecorded (even now).

>actually in the works
That is what early interviews suggest.

>ideas for implementation
Without thinking on it too long, balance the use with constant (rapid) IP drain for the move (unless at the 'gold feet' bits). That suffices.

>actual rage mode
Unthinkable, I know. That one aping RotT. Another for RotG. That sort of thing.

>why not be the default
They didn't like having the rest shine over BR (thus dooming us).

45God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:52 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Already talking about another edition of the playlist. Ideally not replacing it like a "redux" to part 5 (announced after deleting the previous version *wasting another evaluation*). This aside, what runwork did you have in mind next?

46God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:46 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

I'm thinking between a NBR/NER and a chalice run (apollo). I will decide next week when I replace some hardware.

I haven't attempted challenge runs on the psp titles, so I will do that afterwards (will start with CoO). Just going to work back from there and complete GoW II PAIN. I don't know where to start for GoW I after a basic NUR.

47God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:39 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>NBR NER
Why not NBR+ NUR+?

>Apollo Chalice
PAIN+ (with BoA)?  May as well get it out of your system.  Sadly, with GoW:A, I had to do NG+ PAIN+ (Mechanism) for the same.  You cannot use 'cheats' without NG+, which (in this case) forces MAX upgrades.  Terrible design (as with one cheat being for EXP we cannot use for anything other than upgrading in said mode without even giving the option to go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND *suddenly OSoO can't just fall off cliffs, won't fall cast and works on bosses, AoU has a wide range of influence, slows shake-off/break-out, elemental moves all obtain the scaling they needed starting with 3.0, WWs gain upgrading, BoC 'rage' begins to function like a super state while t0/t3 become safer, meter is no longer needed for the 'rage moveset' other than elemental augments and dumping, perfect guard becomes the GoW1 'reverse' for instant-enders, etc.).  Too OP for New Game?  Leave it to NG+, obviously.

>handheld challenges
CoO will be really easy in most cases.  I think PAIN+ Persephone S2 and NBR+ NUR+ Charon are about as interesting as it gets.  GoS has some problem spots thanks to some enemy design.

>GoWII PAIN after that
Not PAIN+?

>where to go after VH NUR in GoW1
NUR+ ain't that different.  Even PAIN won't change much, so just do that.  Of course, you could try to focus on Artemis if you're ready to learn a different weapon (secondary focus on MG if you want to learn that tool, too *though a bit of a shame to not see it at MAX*).

48God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:53 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Ready for that run, yet? Got Cimi and Muna wrapping up their GoW:A VH PAIN and PAIN+ (respectively) currently. Seems the former is giving up on ToA W1, but the latter may still keep at it. Bick finished his NUR+ redux there (and is returning to GoWIII for yet another VH PAIN+ likely not to have learned from all that I've taught).

49God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:45 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

@GodModeGOD

Before I make a topic on this; how does a NBR/NUR+ with Phantom of Chaos sound to you?

50God of War III No weapons  Empty Re: God of War III No weapons Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:15 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>Phantom of Chaos
I don't even remember it. *checks* EXP perks are meaningless. By all means. I can understand dress-up for a given run. I did it in ME:SoM, SWFU1 and even GoW:A (since they didn't affect anything). Not so much in other entries (unless part of the run).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum