Birdman
Infinity_Divide
NiceNinja
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your gaming routine Empty Your gaming routine Tue May 12, 2020 7:15 pm

NiceNinja

D-Rank

I am curious about others gaming routines.  Me personally I am a methodical man and I just love planning ahead, especially when I am trying to beat a specific game or git gud. So basically what I do after the work, groceries, work outs, kids hobbies/walk in the park, food and socializing with rest of the family (watching The Bachelor with mrs). I am allowing myself one hour of gaming time, maybe two if possible in the weekends. I have noticed that I can follow my progress more easily that way and actually enjoy the game more, instead of just floating and playing randomly. Although I must admit, some of the enjoyment comes from nailing the daily routine itself, so yeah I am a bit neurotic :)

What are your routines, do you plan ahead like me or just play whenever you feel like it?

2Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I tend to plan ahead like you do, I make sure to get my stuff done first(work, workouts, cleaning) and then I sit down and play while I listen to podcasts or something similar(if it’s a new game I’ll play it with headphones).

As for planning what game I play, I’ve recently decided that isn’t a good idea for me. I tend to just play whatever I feel like once I have the time to myself. Usually forcing myself to play something doesn’t end well and I go back to whatever I “wanted” to play.

Last edited by Infinity_Divide on Tue May 12, 2020 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Tue May 12, 2020 8:41 pm

NiceNinja

D-Rank

Listening podcasts while playing is something what I do too and not solely gaming related. Also I try to dedicate some time watching Youtube or reading guides if I need some assistance before starting my session.

I can totally relate on your point about what game to play. I am currently working on Ninja Gaiden series, which I love, but I don't play it everytime. Sometimes it is just more satisfying to play Pac-Man, Tetris etc. Also that new 2D ninja game The Messenger feels pretty good too. It depends on the mood really.

4Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Wed May 13, 2020 12:52 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

During the lockdown I've been playing from around 12 to 3 or 4 pm. Then I take a break to exercise and sometimes play more after dinner.

If I'm working all day I'll only be able to play around 2 hours.

I try to stick to a plan of what I'm going to play.

5Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Wed May 13, 2020 9:47 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I tend to have 2-3 games that I juggle, with one always being more hardcore and the other more laid back. Sometimes you don't want to put in effort and you just want to mash some buttons and have a good time. Currently Yakuza 3 is my 'laid back' title and Doom/ZoE2 my serious titles.

I do plan out what I do that day generally beforehand. Sometimes I let the day take its turn though, but I have so many hobbies that I do at times have to make a plan (warhammer painting, reading books, reading comics, art research, drawing, anatomy practice, stinger, forums, friends, family, gaming, boardgames, the list never ends). If I play I try to make it at least 1-2 hours though.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

6Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Wed May 13, 2020 6:30 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Kinda just bounce to whatever I feel like that day. So sometimes, I might just focus on one game for a week straight, other days, I just alternate between whatever.

Since I'm still in school, I haven't had a huge amount of time to do other stuff that I want to do, and these days, I've prioritized reading, and catching up to my comics backlog, and listening to whatever albums I haven't given a shot yet, over playing games.

7Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Wed May 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

TheFirmament1 wrote:Kinda just bounce to whatever I feel like that day. So sometimes, I might just focus on one game for a week straight, other days, I just alternate between whatever.
Same here.

8Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Thu May 14, 2020 4:37 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Phoenix Wright wrote:
TheFirmament1 wrote:Kinda just bounce to whatever I feel like that day. So sometimes, I might just focus on one game for a week straight, other days, I just alternate between whatever.
Same here.

Me three! I will usually get home from work, do some exercise, and then play for the rest of the night, unless I have plans with my girlfriend.

With the current COVID situation I'm still technically working from home, but my usual duties have been put on hold, so I'm basically on standby to help others out with bits and pieces. As a result I only really do a couple of hours work a day, so I've got plenty of time for gaming. It's great! Razz

9Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:15 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

I made a calendar for videogames in 2021. It's a work of art.

10Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:11 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Care to share Razz?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

11Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:37 pm

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Your gaming routine 20862610

12Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:47 am

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
C-Rank

What Tenchu game's are you gonna play? I tend to prefer the PS2 ones myself. Also Buck Bumble should be a holiday.

13Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:06 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

The first one on PlayStation. 'Buck Bumble Day'? Ha.

14Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:41 pm

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
C-Rank

>Tenchu 1
Great Game! Pretty jank and clunky by today's standards, but has fun levels, charming voice-acting and one of my favorite OST's ever. Have fun!

>Buck Bumble
Never played it if I'm being honest. I like the theme song though.

15Your gaming routine Empty Re: Your gaming routine Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:37 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Made a lot of adjustments for this year's schedule spacing out games better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum