Gregorinho
Birdman
RedShot
Infinity_Divide
Royta/Raeng
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:20 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1202462043380469765

It apparently suddenly appeared on the storefront, which is confusing since the team at Xbox noted they'd be stopping with backwards compatible upgrades. Wonder if it's really a remaster, or just an Xbox One X enhanced title.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

https://gematsu.com/2019/12/bayonetta-and-vanquish-remaster-bundle-announcement-leaked

Sounds like it is indeed a remaster. If this is X only and not PS4(which I doubt) then I’ll have to finally get an X.

3Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

If this is a remaster, and not just a 4k slapped on the old models, I'll be even more hyped.

4Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

4K slapped on old models is still noticeably better though right? Like NG2?

5Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

NGII mostly benefitted from Itagaki being a big forward thinker. NG04 was already offering 16:9 resolutions in 2004, he really knew where technology was going (obvious since he was an engineer). I really wonder how Vanquish looks with more than a lick of paint, but instead a full remaster. Man oh man. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it.

Can you imagine if we get new content? Or hell....new Challenges? Or Mikami returns to Platinum. I'm getting way ahead of myself. It is probably just scaled up graphics with a PS4/X1 port.

6Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:31 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

So is it going to be better than the PC port?

7Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:02 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Highly doubt it. The PC version has the 'hidden difficulty' (by complete accident), 144fps, 4k and all the DLC for free. I doubt this game will be able to handle that.

8Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:00 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>New challenges or content

To be honest, unless Mikami and the original team are involved I don’t think I would want anything to be touched. But if they are, then that would be spectacular.

>Mikami returns to platinum

I really wish he could break away from Bethesda and get with a publisher they will allow him some more freedom(maybe Sega or Nintendo). And then there’s the question of what’s going on with Ghostwire...

9Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:10 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Highly doubt it. The PC version has the 'hidden difficulty' (by complete accident), 144fps, 4k and all the DLC for free. I doubt this game will be able to handle that.

Never heard of the "hidden difficulty". I only heard there was a bug tied to 60 fps (like Dark Souls 2) that was fixed later. Are we talking about the same thing?

10Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah that's basically the same thing. The bug made you take double damage, it was never fixed iirc. The patch says it does, but it doesn't from what I recall.

> Mikami
I have no clue as to what is going on over there, I hope we'll hear something next E3 but I'm skeptical. I also feel that fame has kind of gone to Ikumi's head, not sure why I feel that way though.

11Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:38 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

I’m curious to see what she’s doing now as well. There was that few second clip of her and Kamiya mentioning Okami.

12Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:09 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It is here!

Note that the Playstation trailer says 4k/60fps for PS4PRO, emphasis on the pro. So I'm getting it for the XboneX. It is just a upscaled game though, expect nothing fancy outside of a cool cover and theme.

13Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:24 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

YES! This is fantastic, Vanquish is an all-time favorite of mine. Luckily I won’t need an X now either, heh.

14Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:55 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

In the exact same boat man, this is going to be gold. Personally going to get the X1X version first, though I might snag the PS4 version too at some point just to get a good leaderboard score there too.

15Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:12 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Now the question is what kind of port are we getting for Bayonetta.

16Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

It looks like these are basically just the PC versions that were released in 2017 (minus Vanquish's 144hz support). As far as i'm aware they're just your standard upscale jobs, although the resolution and framerate improvements are more than welcome.

That steelbook though! Twisted Evil As long as the base PS4 gets 1080p/60fps I'll be picking this up.

17Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:35 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

The PC version of Bayo must be better than the console versions right?

18Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:06 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Birdman wrote:The PC version of Bayo must be better than the console versions right?

Yes. Providing your hardware is good enough, you can play at a completely locked 60fps at 4k. I think i'm right in saying that PC Bayo only supports a maximum of 60fps, unlike Vanquish which has an "unlocked" framerate (which I think maxes out at 144fps, but I might be wrong).

19Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:07 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Slight correction, if you want to play Bayonetta you are best off playing the WiiU or Switch version because of the Nintendo content. Both have the exclusive 'nintendo outfits' that also give in-game modifiers. You have the Hylian Hero that has a built in parry, the Samus outfit that can morph ball and lay bombs and the Star Fox outfit that has a big damage bonus on the guns. The peach outfit doesn't change much outside of a visual change to her wicked weaves.

But yeah, if you play Bayonetta, play the Nintendo versions I'd say. I don't think their content was modded into the PC version.

20Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

As long as it has nothing to do with the PS3 version.

21Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:52 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Hm. It might actually be a good idea for me to make an article about it, like I did with Ninja Gaiden Black: https://stinger-magazine.com/side-stories/which-platform-to-best-play-ninja-gaiden-black-on/

The PS3 version is at the absolute bottom yeah.

22Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:27 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

What can we expect from the Bayo/Vanquish pack? Anything weird with the framerate?

I'm thinking of grabbing it next week.

23Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:36 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It isn't out yet iirc, releases next week. I believe they are just the PC version so expect Vanquish to be a tad harder (more damage taken due to FPS bug), Bayonetta should be the same as the PC version too.

24Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

I can’t put into words how excited I am for this.

25Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

What's that bug in Vanquish?

I really want Bayo on PS4. Hate getting out my 360 just to play it.

26Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:02 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Due to the game going from 30 to 60fps shots collide more with your body, thus you take more damage. They mostly fixed it in the PC release eventually, but you still take some bonus damage resulting in God Hard mostly being OHKO mode which is pretty cool.

27Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:44 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

If all it does is cause more damage, I don't see a huge issue because I refuse to get hit.

Mainly want this for Bayo. Once this and Wonderful 101 come out I'm set for life.

Still can't fully escape the WiiU though due to Wind Waker. Really need to get back to that.

28Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> I don't see a huge issue because I refuse to get hit.
Good luck with that in Vanquish haha!

29Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:21 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

> I don't see a huge issue because I refuse to get hit.
I'd just like to take a minute to appreciate the amount of confidence, and the bluntness in that statement.

Seriously @Birdman. Never change.

30Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:09 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Ok ok, yeah I know you're going to get hit eventually on certain games, but my goal at all times is to never get touched. I take it as a personal offense and swear no damage revenge.

So in the end they can do 1 hp or OHK. It pisses me off either way.

31Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:37 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

So who bought it? I did just now but I'm at work.

32Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:13 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Mine is being delivered tomorrow!

33Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:15 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Mine should be here tomorrow at noon. Off the next two days to play!

34Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Order got delayed, hopefully I get it tonight! How is it so far Infinity? I heard Bayonetta isn't on the disc?

35Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:30 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

So it’s weird...both games are on disc but they pop up in two spots on the home menu. I didn’t try either game without the disc so I can’t confirm that about Bayonetta.

Beat Vanquish on Hard and got to 1-6 on god hard. Doesn’t seem like the PC bug is in. Aside from that, no frame drops anywhere aside from a turret section or two, load times are near non-existent and it looks and plays great. Totally worth it.

36Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Can anyone confirm Bayo is on the disc? I'd imagine it is but for me it'd defeat the point of a physical copy if it wasn't.

I was holding out til I get paid before ordering, but I'm finding it hard to resist! How is everyone enjoying it?

37Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Apparently something went wrong with the shipment to the Netherlands, and all deliveries of the game have been delayed for a week at the minimum. Wonder what's up with that, haven't experienced that in my entire life.

Can't comment about Bayonetta but from what I read it only has the install-key.

38Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Bayo is on the disc. Both games just have a separate install icon for some reason.

>shipment delayed

Ouch, out of all the games too.

39Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:13 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

The Overcooked 1+2 are like that.

Bayo installed instantly but Vanquish took longer.

Bayo froze after on the loading screen after the intro stage on my first try, but worked after a reset.

40Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:56 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Thoroughly enjoying playing Bayo again. Now I just have to unlock everything.

41Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

16 deaths just on 3-2 GH. Forgot how hard that section can be.

42Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:28 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Almost gave up on my Shotgun Only run there, absolutely brutal segment. Never mess with the golden gorgies haha!

43Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Having to deal with so many at once is just absurd, they’re good pests but having an entire arena full of them sucks haha.

On a side note, didn’t realize you could throw a grenade at the unknown during it’s one laser attack to make it detonate. Such a damn cool enemy.

44Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:43 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

My copy is finally on the way! By god.

Unknowns are probably my favourite enemy in the game, you can totally lock them down. Love the build up the first few get too.

45Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:50 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Nice. No death GH run when?

Unknowns are definitely one of those enemies that just have so many great elements and let you just go crazy with all of the game’s mechanics. Love romanovs as well, delimbing them and then having them crawl around is just awesome.

Currently on 5-2. Going to try to not die at the bogeys a thousand times.

46Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:59 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

My hands are really rusty thanks to the new controller, 10~ years of playing this with a DS3 has done me no favours. Find myself always making splitsecond stops where you can see my hands go "wait, which button". Died a lot due to it so far.

Anyone also feel like you take more damage? I got one-shot by a bullet from a carrier yesterday (didn't even trigger auto-AR), and it seems like I can't tank as many shots as I thought I could. Playing on Xbox One X. Game looks super good on that platform though.

47Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:37 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I played it once and got owned because I totally forgot how to play. Never put as much time into it as you though.

Noticed the DLC guns are all included. Never messed around with those much before. The pistol is really nice.

48Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The pistol is fantastic for headshots, giving you some great OHKO options against mooks. The Laser is probably the most interesting weapon, infinite ammo and decent stagger but mostly interesting in how it makes meter-management even more tight. The Boost Machine Gun is basically the HMG with more firepower and a smaller clip, which is negated by reload canceling - HMG, BMG and Shotgun is the golden combo most of the time.

49Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:03 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

I’ve definitely been one shotted by several different enemies. I’m dying so fast in 5-2 that I’m not really sure what to do. Boosting to the other side of the room is a complete gamble, even dropping an EMP along the way, I always get hit by his rockets if I take immediate cover, if I pop out of cover to take LFE shots I always get hit on the way back in, it’s crazy. Never had this much trouble on the PS3 version.

50Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Empty Re: Vanquish 4k might be coming to X1X Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:42 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Did some digging and talking, some moves deal LESS damage thanks attacks simply passing through you, others deal more by hitting your hurtbox more while active. The worst offender is that it seems enemies attack more frequently due to the increased framerate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum