Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contra Series

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Contra Series Empty Contra Series on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:07 pm

Nadster

B-Rank
The Contra series has mostly been a 2D Side-scroller Run n' Gun Game. There is the Contra Anniversary Collection for $20 on PS4. Has anybody played Contra before? If so then what?

2Contra Series Empty Re: Contra Series on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Nadster

B-Rank
It feels weird when Square is used for shooting and X is for jumping. Contra III and Super Probotector Alien Rebels are the only games that have it while the rest has Circle for jumping and X for shooting.

3Contra Series Empty Re: Contra Series on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:37 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
Oh Man, I love this series. Played the hell out of Contra 3 and Hard Corps over the years. I even love Neo Contra, which most fans seem to be lukewarm towards. I’m even looking forward to the new game, which is getting a ton of hate. Seems to have a lot of action game elements.

>collection
Got it as soon as it was available, which game you been playing? I’ve been trying to 1CC 3 and getting back into Super C.

Ever play Hard Corps: Uprising?

4Contra Series Empty Re: Contra Series on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:08 am

Nadster

B-Rank
I'm playing the Arcade game Super Contra, Contra NES, Contra Hard Corps, and Contra III. I haven't played Hard Corps: Uprising. How is that one?

5Contra Series Empty Re: Contra Series on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
>Uprising
I liked it a lot, but it has a few problems. Levels are a bit too long and the weapons feel really weak compared to Contra 3 and HC. It has a lot of really challenging bosses and some new mechanics, like an air dash and a deflect. I always liked the co-op in this one too.

6Contra Series Empty Re: Contra Series on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:06 am

Nadster

B-Rank
So what do people have against Neo Contra?

7Contra Series Empty Re: Contra Series on Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 am

Nadster

B-Rank
Interestingly in the collection, Hard Corps doesn't have any customizable controls.

8Contra Series Empty Re: Contra Series on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:23 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
>Neo Contra
The complaints are usually “it’s not Contra”, coupled with the low difficulty. I like the game for what it was but I don’t think abandoning weapon pick ups was a good idea.

>Hard Corps
You can customize them slightly in the game’s options but the changes don’t get saved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum