Purchasing games

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Purchasing games Empty Purchasing games Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

I'm thinking of going to a store later to buy Ninja Gaiden Black. Well, assuming it is there. There were games that are mostly collections and remasters that I want on PS4.

2Purchasing games Empty Re: Purchasing games Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:37 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

So, is this topic about our recent or planned purchases?

What country do you live in? I'd love to be able to buy a physical copy of NG Black, US version. Not happening here though.

Now and then, I find some nice US or Japanese games here cheap though. We have this online site here in NZ and sometimes I just search NTSC, US or Japanese and sometimes get some hits.

Last night I found a mint condition US version of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness.

It's not like I can't import. I've been doing so for years, but certain games are just way too expensive. Look up what Metal Wolf Chaos goes for on Ebay these days.

Speaking of MWC, someone here is selling it for $180. I'm not paying that. I would, as that's not actually a bad price (well it IS bad, but not compared to what I've seen) but I have other stuff to pay for right now.

Also, MWC is coming out for PC, PS4 and X1 anyway. I cant wait. It will really hurt the scalpers.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total

3Purchasing games Empty Re: Purchasing games Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:19 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

First question: both.
Second question:US
I'm not really a fan of online shopping sorry.

4Purchasing games Empty Re: Purchasing games Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:35 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I usually won't buy online from the US. Takes way too long even with the best shipping. It's just too far and so much could go wrong along the way.

The US version of NG Black is the one I want.

5Purchasing games Empty Re: Purchasing games Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Okay. This may be off topic but I am genuinely curious. Why do you want the US version of Ninja Gaiden Black and what makes it better from the other versions?

6Purchasing games Empty Re: Purchasing games Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:54 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I forgot to post this earlier but I didn't notice this type of topic in the social section. Sorry about that.

7Purchasing games Empty Re: Purchasing games Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:36 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It's fine, it is still about gaming in a sense!

> NGB USA
Most action titles are better when bought in the USA/EU. Japanese versions tend to either be easier (see also Chaos Legion, DMC3 etc) or be heavily censored.

> buy
I tend to buy new games at Gamemania, a Dutch GameStop like store. Really nice people, fun little products for sale. Otherwise I use Bol.com. There are some smaller shops I use if I want to really dive deep like Gameland-groningen.nl but that's it. Maybe NedGame from time to time or PlayAsia for imports.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

8Purchasing games Empty Re: Purchasing games Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:55 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Most action titles are better when bought in the USA/EU. Japanese versions tend to either be easier (see also Chaos Legion, DMC3 etc) or be heavily censored.
I got a topic in the works. Will compile some info and post on the weekend. Maybe sooner if I have time.

It will be for listing any differences between games. So censoring, difficulty, ANYTHING. Will also serve as a buying guide.

9Purchasing games Empty Re: Purchasing games Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That's fantastic man, would be really interested in seeing that. Mostly built towards action-games? Let me know what you're planning, we could turn it into an article if you want.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

10Purchasing games Empty Re: Purchasing games Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:08 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Action games did immediately come to mind, and you could easily build an article on that, but I'd like to include any genre in the actual thread.

I remember back in my early 20s when I was just starting to import and kept finding tons of difference in games compared to the PAL versions.

There's a site called DVD Compare where they compare versions of movies and such from every region. I want the thread to be like that so people can get hold of the optimal version.

Regarding an article, I have seen discussions over the years on why exactly some things are changed, like censorship, but most commonly discussed was difficulty levels.

Back then I recall there was this idea that the Japanese versions were always harder, though I found that to be only sometimes true. I mostly found the US versions to be the hardest back then. These days it seems everything is equal in terms of difficulty as far as I know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum