Infinity_Divide
5does
Gregorinho
Nadster
Birdman
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

201Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Empty Re: Astral Chain Revealed Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah that's the biggest downside, you really have to beat the game to get any form of enjoyment out of it imo haha.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

202Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Empty bye-bye the numbers Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:44 pm

Thanks for the confirm.

I dunno. Any attack that's effective should be shown in animation, not in numbers. Tumbling, staggering, cutting limbs, falling to the ground. There's enough examples already. I know numbers are quick, but there's something missing there.

203Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Empty Re: Astral Chain Revealed Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That's all here, so should be fine. The numbers are just to denote when you do a critical or use a weaker hit. And it looks pretty fun to see huge swarms of numbers pop up on the screen when you use a big multihitter.

But staggering animations, crumbles, state-changes - it's all here. It really is a 'best of' album of Platinum mechanics. Best final boss I've ever fought too (mechanically speaking).

204Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Empty Re: Astral Chain Revealed Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:20 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Screen10
Observation credit: evilmonkey

Looks like Nintendo bought the IP. -_o?

205Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Empty Re: Astral Chain Revealed Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:54 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That is extremely interesting. I wonder what's going on there..

206Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Empty Re: Astral Chain Revealed Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:49 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I think I read a post about this too, possibly on Reddit. Somebody pointed out that on Platinum's english site, they're still listed as a copyright holder:

https://www.platinumgames.com/games/astral-chain

Very curious, though. You wouldn't have thought these things would change for no reason...

207Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Empty Re: Astral Chain Revealed Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:54 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Could be that the other sites aren't updated yet. Sometimes translations of main platforms are handled externally, especially in Japan since their English tends to be .. below average. Could be that it is coming soon.

Would definitely be an interesting take. If Platinum hadn't declared independance recently, I would've taken this as a hint that they were being bought en-mass by Nintendo.

208Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Empty Re: Astral Chain Revealed Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:18 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

anybody still playing this? bought it on sale yesterday. man, you guys weren't fuckin around; the first playthrough is by a landslide the slowest action game i've ever played, i tapped out after 4 hours. i'll be pacing this bitch out going forward, 4 hours straight completely burnt me out.

209Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Empty Re: Astral Chain Revealed Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:18 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah as noted this game is attrocious on the first run. Once you open the game up it becomes fantastic, but you really need to beat it first and get all the cool stuff and beat all the dull side-assignements before you can get to all the good stuff (which is REALLY good).

210Astral Chain Revealed - Page 5 Empty Re: Astral Chain Revealed Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:00 pm

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

yeah i read this board beforehand so i knew that going into it and yet it still shocked me.

only negative thing i have to say about this game so far other than that is the astral plane. the most uninspired, gross looking levels i've ever seen. sorry, level singular-- it looks the exact same every time.

i despise that sci-fi "floating cube-y platforms comprised of smaller cubes that have an uneven surface, floating cubes/rectangular cubes in the sky everywhere" shit. the astral plane is that + the red spikey minerals from DMC + 2 tone dark green and dark red color palette (revolting). not that the green would look good with anything else or by itself, it's the most hideous shade of green you'll ever see.

ugly heinous fucking mess, hate it. game is very nice looking otherwise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum