You are not connected. Please login or register

Astral Chain is amazing.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Astral Chain is amazing. Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:05 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Just finished it, wow. What a wild ride. Might write up a mini review but it gets a solid 9/10 from me.

2Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:51 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It gets so good huh? I remember once you get Fusion, the game really opens up. You'll probably notice that on NG+ with Axe added to your arsenal it shines even more, such a great and utility-rich Legion. Have fun man, you're in for a massive treat with the bonus content.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:08 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:It gets so good huh? I remember once you get Fusion, the game really opens up. You'll probably notice that on NG+ with Axe added to your arsenal it shines even more, such a great and utility-rich Legion. Have fun man, you're in for a massive treat with the bonus content.

Yeah bro, thanks for the recommendation and advising me to stick with it. I was literally gonna drop this shit on file 4 or 5 (where you have to look for Kyle and it gets tedious with all the detective work) but damn, after that section it gets crazy good and it gets better the more you play it lol

Post game you're literally a God. I've started PT ultimate playthrough and also done around 6 file 12 bonus missions. 

You can tell that the Devs really put a lot of work and effort into this game. File 12's bonus missions are actually like mini campaign missions, rather than lazy arena combat end game missions like "bloody palace" from DMC lol

4Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:05 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

This game is one of those games I feel like buying tomorrow, but just don’t. The cycle started all the way back in 2020.

5Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:13 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It really helps that on NG+ you can just skip all the blue-cases, as they are not ranked so you only have to do the mandatory ones. And that's just a handful which you can finish in seconds. But yeah the biggest sin of this game is how insanely slow it starts out. I was very tempted to drop it myself, but edged myself onwards.

Fusion especially opens up the game, as you can cancel into it, it fully recharges meter, and you can recancel it and then do it again after a bit. Super flexible 'DT', honestly one of the best versions of the mechanic I've seen.

Don't sleep on items either. Fishy Water is an absolute MENACE in the damage buff it gives when stacked with other sources. SBK did some good videos on melting bosses which is great to see: https://www.youtube.com/@sbk3009/search?query=astral

> endgame
Honestly one of the best pieces of post-game content I've seen in an action-game since NG:B.

6Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:37 am

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Omar73874928271728 wrote:This game is one of those games I feel like buying tomorrow, but just don’t. The cycle started all the way back in 2020.

I'd recommend playing on PC with the 60 FPS patch and at a higher resolution. Runs and plays great. Visuals look phenomenal.

7Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:57 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

It’s on pc? Will probably refund bayonetta and some other games for it.

8Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:16 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Not officially - via Switch emulation. 60fps would be great for Astral Chain, tempted to try and set this up...

9Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:00 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Thanks. Will likely get it there instead of the garbage switch system.

10Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Though I'm not the best person to ask about this, I did feel it ran fine at 30FPS. More smooth would've been great ofc, but it's far from unplayable on the Switch.

11Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:50 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

I would assume it’s fine on the switch, but I just hate the structure of the switch in general.

12Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:33 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Omar73874928271728 wrote:It’s on pc? Will probably refund bayonetta and some other games for it.
Nah don't refund Bayonetta lol blasphemy.

You can emulate it with Ryujinx

13Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:35 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Though I'm not the best person to ask about this, I did feel it ran fine at 30FPS. More smooth would've been great ofc, but it's far from unplayable on the Switch.
Nah it actually runs great on the switch, even on handheld mode but it's 30 FPS. I like my action games 60 FPS minimum. I can only tolerate God Hand at 30 FPS because there's literally no other option apart from a broken 60 FPS patch 😩

14Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:36 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Gregorinho wrote:Not officially - via Switch emulation. 60fps would be great for Astral Chain, tempted to try and set this up...
Which CPU do you have

15Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:49 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm always surprised about FPSrates. Like I'd swear God Hand and God of War 2 ran at 60fps, but they run at 30. I really don't notice it when it's gone haha

16Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:29 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Though I'm not the best person to ask about this, I did feel it ran fine at 30FPS. More smooth would've been great ofc, but it's far from unplayable on the Switch.

Definitely! I enjoyed my playthrough on original hardware very much, it's certainly good enough. I am very curious what the game could feel like if you pushed it to it's theoretical peak though.

17Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:58 pm

GN1

B-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:It really helps that on NG+ you can just skip all the blue-cases, as they are not ranked so you only have to do the mandatory ones. And that's just a handful which you can finish in seconds. But yeah the biggest sin of this game is how insanely slow it starts out. I was very tempted to drop it myself, but edged myself onwards.

Fusion especially opens up the game, as you can cancel into it, it fully recharges meter, and you can recancel it and then do it again after a bit. Super flexible 'DT', honestly one of the best versions of the mechanic I've seen.

Don't sleep on items either. Fishy Water is an absolute MENACE in the damage buff it gives when stacked with other sources. SBK did some good videos on melting bosses which is great to see: https://www.youtube.com/@sbk3009/search?query=astral

> endgame
Honestly one of the best pieces of post-game content I've seen in an action-game since NG:B.

Does it have RPG elements? I thought it's a pure action game so I wouldn't want to use items and buffs instead of fully engaging with the combat.

RayyanHayabusa wrote:
Gregorinho wrote:Not officially - via Switch emulation. 60fps would be great for Astral Chain, tempted to try and set this up...
Which CPU do you have

What kind of CPU is needed for 60FPS?

18Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:02 am

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

GN1 wrote:
Royta/Raeng wrote:It really helps that on NG+ you can just skip all the blue-cases, as they are not ranked so you only have to do the mandatory ones. And that's just a handful which you can finish in seconds. But yeah the biggest sin of this game is how insanely slow it starts out. I was very tempted to drop it myself, but edged myself onwards.

> endgame

Does it have RPG elements? I thought it's a pure action game so I wouldn't want to use items and buffs instead of fully engaging with the combat.

RayyanHayabusa wrote:
Which CPU do you have

What kind of CPU is needed for 60FPS?
12700k 😬

19Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:31 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> RPG
No, but items aren't items in the DMC sense, more in the RE4-sense if you get me. You've got the odd healing item, but most items are things like grenades that are immediate knockdown tools, barrier shields that block off an area to ranged attacks, landmines etc. The standout for rushdown is Fishy Water, a drink that when taken acts like RTSR from Dark Souls. You deal double damage, but take 30% bonus damage as well.

The only 'rpg' element is that you can equip your Legions with specific chips to nudge them a bit more towards specific things. I.e. giving your bow-legion more meter regeneration or having your arm-legion potentially give a slow-debuff to enemies it hits etc.

20Astral Chain is amazing.  Empty Re: Astral Chain is amazing. Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:05 pm

GN1

B-Rank

I see, those kind of items actually sound interesting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum