Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

So, bought this game for cheaps a week ago. It being the last game before the reboot I decided to give it a look. Some users like BigVee and SBK had already warned me that it might be the least fun game in the series, and suffice to say they were right. Lots of writings on the wall. From the multiplayer being pushed to elemental based weaponry, extreme emphasis on narrative in certain parts. Weird combat choices, neutered combat options (grabs nearly completely removed (which GoW2018 fixed by removing them completely)) and also weird hitbox and hitstun issues. Freezing is probably the most useless ability in any videogame here. So many weird design choices.

Have to say I did like the visual tone of the game, and the elemental weapons - each with their own perks - were fun to toy around with. Still, the original literally feels like a sequel to this one, which is never good. Anyone here ever play it?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sat May 05, 2018 7:51 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up liking it more than the others. I always tend to like what everyone else hates lol.

3God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sat May 05, 2018 9:47 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Birdman wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if I end up liking it more than the others. I always tend to like what everyone else hates lol.

I had the exact same idea booting it up, but no, it's not. The game is worse in pretty much every possible way. There's less weapons, less content, enemies are worse, handle worse, more bugs, more hitbox issues, tons of camera issues that weren't there before, nerfed grab system, whole game balanced around a single item; there's just a lot of problems here. 

Don't get me wrong, it is still a good game and I had a lot of fun with it. But every game in the series is better (well, except maybe DadTime).

4God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:46 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

This game feels pretty off.

The Blades of Chaos have the weirdest "Swoosh" sound effect that sounds really out of place whenever you swing it.

The colour scheme is terrible, and washed out.

Combine that with the ridiculously zoomed out camera, and I kept losing track of Kratos.

The game chugs insanely hard, and never reaches 60fps.

I mean, it's still God of War, which is fun and all, but there are a LOT of problems not present in other games.

5God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah, I wrote a bit about it in the God of War 2018 article, but the game had a really troubled development. The lack of 60fps is normal, all games in the series were 30fps anyway with the exception of the PS4 port as I recall of GoWIII.

But yeah, I had the same experience. Fun, God of War, but sloppy at times.

6God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:52 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

PS2 versions run at an unlocked framerate, but the PS3 remastered titles reach 60 fps.

7God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:51 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'll be darned, you're right! Didn't know! I have the PAL versions, maybe they are capped? Apologies.

Still, GoW:A is considered the black sheep (before GoW2018 came along). It is fun but not too amazing, having only 1 weapon didn't do it any favours either.

8God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:55 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

The elemental effects on the Blades of Chaos when the rage meter is full look really good. The ice one, especially.

9God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:41 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Roy: >Spinoffs
Amusing. And what of CoO and GoS? Wouldn't really expect Betrayal to be here, of course.

>GoW:A
My coverage (and many of my thoughts, though not quite all my suggestions): https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/667703-god-of-war-ascension/76881299

NOTE: I more recently learned the digital version fixed at least one serious problem (air statues actually fall consistently, which can prove a big boon).  One runner suggested other things were fixed, but I'd have to see that for myself.

Birdman: By all means.  Give it a go (see if that contrarian spirit is betrayed as were we GoW vets).

Firmament: Wasn't aware you had already dabbled outside the main trilogy.  We'll get into run history before long.

10God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sun May 30, 2021 5:38 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

I'm trying to get in my vanilla runs of GoW I and Ascension. I've been playing one game after another for about the same time so the progress is similar (~30%). I probably should have just played Ascension through without touching the other games. It just feels weird to deal with Ascension's problems after GoW I. Obviously III plays better, but you can always appreciate the original when you go back to it. Can't say the same about Ascension.

Also, did you notice any frame rate issues? I know it's unlocked 60, but it seems to lag quite a bit. Thought it was my internet but GoW I plays almost perfectly when I switch to it. PS Now uses the HD versions for I and II so that's probably why (not to say the ps2 version had issues).

11God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:57 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>vanilla GoW1 and GoW:A
>same time
Why though?

>feels weird
It is weird.

>notice frame issues
They would have be extremely pronounced for me to notice them. Don't have an eye for such things. GoW:A was a very bugged game in general, however (not in so charming a way as GoW1).

NOTE: You will want a second save file with all cheats for VH NG+ practice against ToA (W1) down the road. This if you have intention of giving any real attempt to beating that battle in VH PAIN+. Got plenty of challenges I can dig up for you if you want to horse around with them in that entry (made a bunch up for some guy to contend with, but he disappeared after showing off a few).

12God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:33 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

I just completed Ascension again (it has been 8 years so it kinda feels like the first time). Starting my VH run soon. Any tips for upgrading? My plan was to prioritize BoC since the elemental specials mostly suck. When it comes to which to focus on afterwards: Fire, Soul, Lightning, and Ice in that order. Poseidon's rage attack and magic is so damn useless. I'm not sure if freezing was supposed to be a substitute for petrifacation and even that sucks (I haven't shattered a single enemy). I like RA and magic for Lightning, but the specials are really bad.

Also tried the multiplayer mode. Obviously wasn't worth it, but it was a good attempt. This subgenre just isn't meant for multiplayer.

Why though?

Just couldn't help myself. I left off at the end of Athens; it will be a while before I return.

You will want a second save file with all cheats for VH NG+ practice against ToA (W1) down the road.

The profiles and automatic saves really make it difficult to switch between practice and run work.

Got plenty of challenges I can dig up for you if you want to horse around with them in that entry

Would like to hear them now. The goal is to complete NUR+, PAIN+, and Subweapons NUR+.

13God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:13 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>been 8 years
That long?  I recall my hiatus was 5.

>first time
And how did that 'feel'?

>vanilla VH
Done it in the past?

>tips
Only about upgrading?  If so, BoC is priority (at least until you have air T *it and air S are the strongest tools by far*).  The last upgrade is just for the modifier, really.  Your call.  Pretty sure you can get it before Soul.  Soul lvl3 is a must (Dump is OP).  Do not bother beyond that.  The next priority is OSoO (just to use it more frequently).  After that do as you like.

>plan was BoC
A reasonable one.

>focus
For upgrading?  Should be Soul alone (not even to MAX).  The rest are just for focused runs (and probably only 'shining' by way of NOT upgrading BoC itself).  If for 'use', the order is more like Fire, Soul, Ice and Lightning.  Not too far off.

>useless
You would think so.  Indeed, very tough to squeeze something out of.  Much could be said on the problems with the petrification stand-in (GoWIII started a downward trend, continued by GoS and ran with by GoW:A).

>not a single enemy
Likely exaggeration, but not far from the truth (petrification has some overlap to consider).  My topic's coverage goes over the matter in-depth (mostly in the thread for Ice, but also testing beyond it).

>like Dump and Spell for LTG
Aesthetically, sure.  The damage spells are very samey invincible AoEs.  Ice switches things for a status version.  LTG is mostly for hit count.  Not great for stun (surprisingly) or rage.  Or damage.  With no way to cash-in hit count...Then there is the lack of notable orb drops for bothering with the alt. picks.

>tried the MP
More than half the focus went into a hole.  The least they could have done is made an offline version for those who have the game (not paying for the service) to dabble in.  More than that, getting unlocks and such for it through the SP (and vice-versa *replay value*).  More still, the promised 'Bonus Play' alternative with using a 'Champ' in SP (and Kratos in MP).  This even without the talk of new enemy layouts ('Route B' would be cute, but that's a ton of work when just having access to all the crap form the MP in the campaign would do plenty for possible runs).  No Costumes (Not-GK doesn't even change stats let alone give perks), lackluster cheats, no Arena, no Challenges, etc.

>not meant for it
Something the vets already knew (as with how the community didn't want such a thing).  Executive mandate forced us on a ride (once again).  Cost us GoW proper (before selling us out again with Nu-GoW).

>save issues
Chapter Select is a cute first start, but they should have kept save points.  Not sure why we need to be so severely limited on the number of slots, too.  Bayo 1 did MUCH better.  Still wish I could name my files (and share them freely).  Seems dumb that Chapter Select won't let you pick how you jump in (what possible loadout) on repeat plays, at least.

>goal is NUR+, PAIN+ and Subs
Not going to do Elemental focus?  Understandable.  Often samey.  Without making them NUR+ as well, you will have to deal with how those specials were erroneously NOT made to scale up (their chief issue *as some have good utility, but being so weak is a huge hindrance*).  You may want to consider dabbling in PAIN this time around.  There is a big gap between NUR+ and PAIN+ (even between PAIN and PAIN+), but that's your call.  Subs really boils down to focus on Shield (what you should always be doing) and Club.  The rest do not matter.  Sword is not worthy of focus and the two projectile types aren't a thing (no cheat to make them infinite *would still manage to blow even if they were*).  What of NGR+ and NBR+?  Could avoid the Blades again, too (subs, items, spells, dumps, etc. to get by).

>hear them now
I'd checked before coming here (had a fair few runners I mentioned in my own topic) and found it was with Muna that I discussed the matter.  He had two videos (last showings) with some on display.  The first's comments are where you'll find him posting my list (and my response to it *another idea or so*) and his reiteration of it in another thread:

14God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

And how did that 'feel'?

My expectations were already low going back to it, but the game felt even more awkward than I remember. The Naughty Dog influences (advertised TLOU demo too) started before I thought it did, with Uncharted climbing and scripted platforming (it was only natural for them to go all out afterwards). There's more of a narrative focus, but the writing is terrible (notice this to be a trend). I remember you telling me about the declining Greek influence; it's even noticeable in the level design (running out of ideas despite having so much material to draw from).

On to combat. My first impression of this was only surface deep. Mind you at the time, I was not playing these games with much purpose. I wouldn't have described myself as a casual because I still pushed myself (e.g. no death runs, no checkpoints runs). Going back I really see just how troubled the gameplay choices were. I don't want to beat a dead horse (I'm sure we still will anyways just out of sheer disappointment), but I want to tell you how sluggish Kratos felt. The recovery frames for evades, plumes, and even s-enders were so long that I thought there was some lag on my end. This is part of the reason why I was also playing GoW I to compare. My inputs were fine, it's just that Kratos feels slower in Ascension. You can't be risky in this entry. Also, the difficulty balance is off. Surprisingly, some attacks are OHKO. At the same time, the game has very lenient checkpoints (another ND habit) and restores your health to max. Almost as if you are not expected to kill bosses in one go, but may require several checkpoints to help along the way.

Done it in the past?

Just Hard. Didn't want to go back to it.

Likely exaggeration

No more than three.

Subs really boils down to focus on Shield

Would it really be all that useful if the t-ender is prohibited?

What of NGR+ and NBR+?

Don't know about doing these.

15God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:36 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>Uncharted shit
Bleh.

>story focus
>with a shit story
Potent combo.

>decline of Greco-Roman pop culture feel
They didn't want to look even slightly deeper (or remember the big names still available). Lazy and shallow.

>still will
Better believe it.

>recovery
Basically unsafe actions. Have to take notice and act accordingly. Plume/Spirit are to be replaced with Shield Plume not just for the exploits associated, but for it escaping this Hell of bad frame data.

>feels slower
And weaker. Because both are the case. They tried to excuse this (along with attitude and appearance changes). All their reasoning got shot down (as with pitiful attempts to defend the 'rage' mechanic's critical failure *rejected even by casuals*).

>difficulty balance
Some fucked up decision making that is typically rare became common here. Jason's influence, I'd dare say. The director tried to take the heat for ToA W1 (claiming it was his fault as tester for it and how OSoO was made too important to how it went down). I don't buy that. Issues that became worse in Nu-GoW where Jason's role became even more prominent (as the other guy ceased to be on the project *even as a GoW1/GoWII combat dev returned*). How curious.

>lenient checkpoints
Sometimes.

>HP restore
I can't fully recall how death exploiting works in each entry (varies).

>didn't want to go back
That makes two of us.

>useful without Shield Plume
Shield Valor isn't nearly as good (nor the slam), but is still functional. Fairly safe and damaging enough. The charge has a time and place. The air use is good outside combat. Losing Shield Plume is like losing air charged heavy for the Club (other options exist to an extent, but one move towers over the rest *fists are like this as the kick got nerfed to Hell while uppercut has some use and the slams are a joke*).

>don't know
One way to find out, eh?

16God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:25 pm

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

They didn't want to look even slightly deeper (or remember the big names still available). Lazy and shallow.

Just think about the precedent that they have set. If Kratos takes down the most well known gods of a mythology, then they can just hop right on to the next as if aren't other deities, heroes, or legends. At least then, we know once they run out of material, then maybe they will finally stop milking this franchise.

Basically unsafe actions. Have to take notice and act accordingly.

At times, it felt less like GoW and more like Souls.

And weaker. Because both are the case. They tried to excuse this (along with attitude and appearance changes). All their reasoning got shot down (as with pitiful attempts to defend the 'rage' mechanic's critical failure *rejected even by casuals*).

Funny, since they did the exact same thing with Nu-GoW:

"Cucktos is an old man, you can't expect him to jump or move quickly (still does in cutscenes for some reason)." Casuals bought that one. Imagine using story to justify downgrading gameplay mechanics when other action games do the complete opposite.

I can't fully recall how death exploiting works in each entry (varies).

For GoW III, I made my own checkpoints (Remastered version auto-saves). Just started a bit farther back sometimes.
The games always did a good job of restoring your health right before a boss if there were no chests present (often through QTEs).

17God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>precedent set
Flirting with other girls (myths) since early on.

>more like Souls
Just shy of having a stamina meter. Bonfires, when?

>did the same with Nu-GoW
Who could have seen this coming?

>for GoWIII
I despised the game preventing pausing during 0HP.

NOTE: Had a gander at the 'bonuses' list? How goes the run progress?

18God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Just watched Charlie’s review, he sounds as bored as he has been for the last 3 years. For someone who claims to be some ambassador for the genre, he sure does fail to talk about mechanics in any kind of nuanced way.

19God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:16 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>Charlie
Who?

20God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:37 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

TheGamingBrit. I’m sure you’d get a kick out of his GoW takes.

21God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:51 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

GMG

Had a gander at the 'bonuses' list?

I did. Some good tactics in that video, too (even if they were only for the first part of the game). I will do some testing after NUR+. I may just jump into NBR+ since I want to limit the times I replay this game for runs that are not unique.

How goes the run progress?

Right before ToA right now, so I should start my run by the weekend.

Infinity_Divide

Just watched Charlie’s review

Haven't watched that guy since his last NG II video (and maybe another one but it wasn't an analysis). It's funny, most of the problems that he had with the game went back to "it doesn't have ____ like in DMC." That charlatan. One of the few good takes I listened to was about how we categorize action games. According to some, it is a special club of only a few games, solely based on the quality of their combat system; character action was the term. Glad to know that he thinks it's all BS, at least.

22God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:25 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Infini: >Bong
Ah, yes.  I believe he was one of many I've been requested to shit on in the past.

Zaser: >some good tactics
They need to be decent for bonus conditions.  Might expect more of your play level, too.

>only for the first part
Yes, unfortunately he got busy early into the list (haven't heard back since).

>some testing after NUR+
Dabbling in the list, you mean?  It isn't like I spoiled to him all the details of the various challenges.  I just hope I know the solutions well enough, still.

>jump into NBR+
How do you mean?  NBR+ for the vanilla or NUR+ or what?  Why not NGR+?  Don't fancy the position that will put you into?

>limit non-unique runs
Understandable.  Only so much can really change even with focus testing.  Not like we have proper sub-weapons this time.  Having even one of those and some neglected abilities (like a petrification spell of old) to focus on might just do the trick.

>right before the trials
I imagine you've wrapped up that run by now.  Started up just yet? Might want to make your own thread for these things. Going to start bloating this one in a hurry.

23God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:43 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Dabbling in the list, you mean?

Not yet. I still have to test PAIN ToA.

NBR+ for the vanilla or NUR+ or what?

NUR+.

Why not NGR+?

I will do that as well. I started with NBR+ last time, and I want to keep it consistent.

Don't fancy the position that will put you into?

Not sure if it's going to be that much harder (if at all). Let's see:

Less RO opportunities
-Not a lot to begin with
-Sprinting melee attacks can work

I-frames
-Didn't make use of it that much in my vanilla VH

Finishers
-Also made less use of this in vanilla VH
-Rides were inconsistent for Cerberus

Parasites
-Not an issue

Bosses
-Can't throw parasites at Hech arm
-Can't throw rocks at Pollux/Castor

I also evaded most boss attacks, since I did not know what could or could not be blocked (Furies especially had bad telegraphs). Ah, now you made me consider doing NGR+ first.

I imagine you've wrapped up that run by now.  Started up just yet?

I'm all done. Starting tomorrow, Sunday.

24God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:48 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>test PAIN
Not PAIN+? I suppose you're minding well the large divide between it and the plus version that exists this time around.

>ToA
Plenty manageable in PAIN. Fair number of tools to help work through it.

>NBR+ NUR+
At the same time? Going to make a few spots rougher than they need to be for a first go without upgrades to lean on, but so be it.

>do that was well
So NGR+ NUR+, then?

>not sure
Grabs/reversals are still a big part of easily handling many fights. Losing that might not always be more than just tedious, but it is still a blow to your effectiveness. Shield Plume carry certainly helps soften that situation oftentimes (one fight is pretty uncomfortable without that mechanic). Not like this is PAIN+ NGR+ or something absurd like that.

>evaded since
You didn't just test everything with blocking (or just guard/perfect block, air block and the special parry **upgrade talk, I know**)?

>do NGR+ first
Probably a good idea. Figure out the value of blocking (then take it all away).

>Sunday, Sunday, Sunday
Lovely.

25God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:25 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Took awhile, but I finally got a taker that pulled through (keeping with it). Learned his lessons well. Zim has the first recorded victory for bonus credit in VH PAIN+ (regarding ToA W1). This after my and Muna having bested it (one by a very similar method and the other with one of the three RNG options that aren't terribly reliable or easy to execute on). For said bonus credit it was necessary to show the entirety of the affair (ToA *W1-W3*). Have this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe2tQdQ10VwEVMenxKN1LgYp13d457iLP

NOTE: Best set aside 45m or so. More if you plan on reading the comments for evaluation and such. Still need to get back to Muna's practice sessions. What of you, Zaser? How goes work with the black sheep entry?

26God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:20 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Sorry for the hiatus. I could not get my capture card to work (and I have tried two). Wanted to use a third but just ended up playing some other games over the summer, like MGR and NG: Sigma. Games that I never got to play on the ps3. But I've been longing for GoW. I don't know when I will get to Ascension (will probably have to emulate it unfortunately), but I can record and upload the psp spinoffs. When I get some progress in (~10%), then I will make a topic and upload the videos.

27God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:06 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>hiatus owed to capture card
>played MGR:R and NGS
I see.

>want more GoW
And yet you're left with just the one thing...

>emulation
How very troublesome.

>CoO and GoS
Get yourself back in the game. Ease into things, eh?

>progress
Speaking of such thing, I took a break from my second round of GoWIII testing. Ever see some of those notes? Think Absolute Dominion was putting himself through the ringer trying to see if it was possible to get sufficient dps for a 'bonus credit' win over Skorpius (where it might be applicable). Not looking like the Math allows it (or even close) for some runs, but is theoretically possible without distraction (getting adds stuck as he describes) while wailing on the thing during second drop and beyond. I told you about the success Zim had, did I not? Recording a successful go at VH PAIN+ ToA (W1 in particular) for said gold star, that is. Martyr is just doing his usual (trying for WRs). Adrian seems content with the little he's overcome for the time being. Lost touch with the others for the time being.

28God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:00 am

[][]/\Casual

[][]/\Casual
C-Rank

Speaking of such thing, I took a break from my second round of GoWIII testing. Ever see some of those notes?

Getting to that over the weekend. Will be started by then on my run as well. In fact, I actually started CoO PAIN+ before but had storage issues, resolved now though.

Think Absolute Dominion was putting himself through the ringer trying to see if it was possible to get sufficient dps for a 'bonus credit' win over Skorpius (where it might be applicable).

I gave up on that endeavor. I had it recorded but I lost it as well as my recent save.

I told you about the success Zim had, did I not? Recording a successful go at VH PAIN+ ToA (W1 in particular) for said gold star, that is.

I've seen. Very impressive. First showing, correct? Most other attempts I saw at it from others were partial, or had dqs.

29God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:31 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>getting to the reading and new run
Oh?

>started CoO PAIN+
I imagine that was a breeze.

>gave up on it
If the dps doesn't work out even with a method to get the Spawns stuck, that pretty clearly puts it outside the realm of possibility even in a default VH PAIN+. More is the pity.

>had it recorded
Had what? The testing?

>first showing
The only successful case, yes.

30God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:56 pm

AKheon

D-Rank
Veteran

I've returned to glitching God of War: Ascension. It can sometimes be a pretty unrewarding title to play due to its scripted, set piece-driven design as well as the permeating stench of wasted potential and mismatched priorities, not to mention there's hardly anyone who cares about this title any longer since it was never remastered and will likely forever stay as a PS3-only release.

Still, deep down it's a tech-heavy speedrun that has the potential to be pretty cool looking. Honestly, it feels downright bizarre that GoW 2018 has had five times more runners, despite the fact that it's not and will never be an interesting speed game. The world is full of injustices...

I've found something like 70-80 seconds worth of time save for NG+ categories so far. Unfortunately, that's still not enough to justify getting back to the record grind, I think... But I'll keep at it - my burning desire for vengeance against this title will still keep me going for now. Here's the latest thing I uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJGEZyF2rhk

31God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:42 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good to see you again man, hope you're good! Going to take a peek at this video later.

32God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:10 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

https://youtu.be/fkjIfyShIHI

>DmC is a more engaging action game than gow proper
God kill me. What makes this worse is that he played on NORMAL!!!!!!!! He acts like ascension is the only game to have clone war encounter design levels of stupidity.

33God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:29 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>casual's take
This can only go well.

34God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:02 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

As flawed as this game is, it really is a very unique action game honestly.

35God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:01 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>very unique
Thought I was in the SWFU1 topic again. As for GoW:A, it could use a little less being 'unique' and a little more being GoW proper. It strayed a bit far from God's light for a title where those at the helm lacked sufficient sense to deviate while under orders to execute something VERY far removed from the advisable (fucking them over from the start).

36God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:13 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Honestly, is the hippo riding mechanic good or bad to use on other enemy’s?

37God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:56 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>hippo
You what?

38God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:35 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>hippo
Meant to say elephantaur(the mega evolution of an elephant).

39God of War: Ascension Empty Re: God of War: Ascension Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:02 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>Elephantaur
Another "Juggernaut". As for the OS DMG off gold halo (dizzy stun), it is quite trash. Very little benefit to speak of. Better to just beat them up while you get free shots in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum