You are not connected. Please login or register

God of War: Ascension

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 God of War: Ascension on Fri May 04, 2018 8:35 pm

So, bought this game for cheaps a week ago. It being the last game before the reboot I decided to give it a look. Some users like BigVee and SBK had already warned me that it might be the least fun game in the series, and suffice to say they were right. Lots of writings on the wall. From the multiplayer being pushed to elemental based weaponry, extreme emphasis on narrative in certain parts. Weird combat choices, neutered combat options (grabs nearly completely removed (which GoW2018 fixed by removing them completely)) and also weird hitbox and hitstun issues. Freezing is probably the most useless ability in any videogame here. So many weird design choices.

Have to say I did like the visual tone of the game, and the elemental weapons - each with their own perks - were fun to toy around with. Still, the original literally feels like a sequel to this one, which is never good. Anyone here ever play it?

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

2 Re: God of War: Ascension on Sat May 05, 2018 7:51 am

Birdman

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up liking it more than the others. I always tend to like what everyone else hates lol.

View user profile

3 Re: God of War: Ascension on Sat May 05, 2018 9:47 am

@Birdman wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if I end up liking it more than the others. I always tend to like what everyone else hates lol.

I had the exact same idea booting it up, but no, it's not. The game is worse in pretty much every possible way. There's less weapons, less content, enemies are worse, handle worse, more bugs, more hitbox issues, tons of camera issues that weren't there before, nerfed grab system, whole game balanced around a single item; there's just a lot of problems here. 

Don't get me wrong, it is still a good game and I had a lot of fun with it. But every game in the series is better (well, except maybe DadTime).

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum