You are not connected. Please login or register

No Damage Run - No Weapon Upgrades by 复活斩 (amazing!)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

About a 3 hour watch in total, but absolutely worth your time to see just how well he knows how to break the game apart. Truly one of the better players, even showcasing some really weird loops I've never seen before like against Marbus. Suspect

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I want to watch this so bad, but I need to fully play through and learn the game properly first.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It is really inspiring for me to do my own no-hurt run almost. I never do those type of things but seeing him just RUSH through like a real ninja is a joy to watch.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Truly one of the better players, even showcasing some really weird loops I've never seen before like against Marbus.

Reminds me, now and then I go on YT and look for any skilled gameplay on games I like, and at rare times I find something I've never seen before. Recently I was watching a no damage/no Kamui, hard mode boss fight video of the PS2 game Genji and saw two bosses do things I've never seen before due to how the player was dealing with them.

This is quite exciting for me as Genji is on my list of all time favorites. I put a few years into it so it's a huge surprise to see something, however small, that I never encountered.

Also happened with Dororo, where the player was awful, but showed a few ways to avoid an attack, or attack at certain points in boss fights that I never knew of.

I'll never underestimate videos of bad gameplay again. Sorry for going a bit off topic there Roy, just that comment about seeing something you've never seen set me off. Did you feel the same seeing those loops in this NG run?

Last edited by Birdman on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I have that feeling a lot, especially when watching Chinese players - they generally have a really strange playstyle combining a bit more 'glitchy' look with functional. I recently watched an MGR:R run of a Chinese player and he dodged an attack by sliding underneath it, now I have no clue as to why he would do that (or why it would even work as the hitboxes in that game are...okay at best), but it worked. Took me back haha.

The best thing I still remember though was, again in MGR:R, a video of a really bad player playing the Excelsus fight. And when the dual-blades hit from the side, the only way I knew how to dodge was to dodge with i.frames through the attack...and he just used Ninja Run which activate a special animation to hop through the blades. I was stunned haha!

So yeah, I can relate ^^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum